PDA

View Full Version : Looking for large race with LA +1 that can be grafted with golem parts

Nosta
2016-05-06, 04:05 PM
so I plan to make a large construct solider for a cohort for my Artificer
and I was wondering if there would be any good large races. As I plan to go war-hulk for its class after a few levels of fighter

is there not some way to turn a maug in to a giant and then I could add golem grafts to it?

Gildedragon
2016-05-06, 04:54 PM
Incarnate Construct on the maug does that
Half Ogre template (dragon 313) gets you large at +1 LA

ATHATH
2016-05-06, 05:07 PM
You're using Maug Grafts and the Half-Golem template, right?

Necroticplague
2016-05-06, 05:12 PM
Half-minotaur human.

EDIT: Why wouldn't you be able to add grafts to a maug normally? Fiend Folio explicitely states that maugs make grafts for themselves to use (and explicitely calls out maug grafts as a kind of construct graft), and the graft rules don't say the recepient can't be a construct (or even require that the recipient is alive).

ATHATH
2016-05-06, 05:14 PM
Also, I recommend dpping War Hulk and advancing it with Uncanny Trickster and/or Legacy Champion so that your cohort will have more BAB.

Theobod
2016-05-07, 11:32 AM
Half Ogre template (dragon 313) gets you large at +1 LA

This, by far and away one of the best ways of playing large and LA+1 makes buyoff easy peasy.
IIRC a similar template is in that back of Savage Species if your table prefers that to dragon mag.

torrasque666
2016-05-07, 11:46 AM
This, by far and away one of the best ways of playing large and LA+1 makes buyoff easy peasy.
IIRC a similar template is in that back of Savage Species if your table prefers that to dragon mag.
The half ogre in Savage Species is a race, not a template.

Theobod
2016-05-07, 11:51 AM
Ah cool ty, never played it personally but played alongside one once, he was a monster in combat even using a shield in a game without buyoff.

Also: unrelated curiosity, half ogre templates half ogre... 3/4ogre? Wonder how that weighs up against straight ogre. No RHD but 2LA... I suspect it's a lot better, especially with buyoff or E6.

Vizzerdrix
2016-05-07, 12:16 PM
Did obah-blessed enhance size, or just give extra arms? Id go look but I dont remember what dungeon mag it was in.