PDA

View Full Version : Optimization of Archivist 1 / Wizard 1 / Mystic Theurge ++

kylehanson
2016-05-06, 07:00 PM
I got DM approval on some things and I'm finishing the build on this interesting arcane-divine 6th level character I'm finishing. I discovered the concept of flaws late and will take two (one is Divine Gestures), so now I have two extra feats. The specific questions are: what two additional feats should I take? And, what good arcane+divine spell goodness is there?

My current thoughts are: (1) I could do Spellcasting Prodigy and Collegiate Wizard, but they only help with the wizard side of things (or SP: one or the other) -- unlike metamagic or school-of-magic feats. (2) the best would be Celerity + Favor of the Martyr. Also: Spectral Hand + Shivering Touch.

Human, the Precocious Apprentice feat twice for use to enter the Mystic Theurge PrC as of character level 3. I have DM permission to take that PrC indefinitely, i.e. without a cap at 10 levels, and I intend to do so. Thematic spells (set it stone per character concept). Practiced Spellcaster that I can apply +1 Archivist and +1 Wizard caster level, so I'm up to 6th caster level at character level 6, though I'm at Archivist 5 / Wizard 5 for spells per day (and free spellbook/prayerbook spells). I'm a DOMAIN archivist, meaning that I forfeit some other archvist abilities (e.g. I get bad fort save) for a couple domains, including Domination (free Spell Focus: Enchantment). My second is Force (reroll spell damage and take the better, once per day). I'm a Fire Domain Wizard with a quasi-custom list: Lesser Orb of Fire, Scorching Ray, Fireball, Fire Shield, Ball of Lightning but fire, Chain Lightning but fire, etc.

As a human, I took a pathfinder alternative to exchange skilled for two Skill Focus feats, i.e. +2 to two skills: spellcraft and knowledge arcana. Note that this makes me just one Spell Focus feat away from being all ready for Archmage. I just discovered flaws that work for the character, and so now I have two feats to play with.

I could revert from a human to a tinker gnome, but I like the idea of being able to get into Archmage later on, and the human is double useful for this: the skilled alternative of picking up Skill Focus: Spellcraft, and the extra feat for other purposes as well.

nedz
2016-05-06, 08:03 PM
MT's requirements include Knowledge (arcana) 6 ranks , Knowledge (religion) 6 ranks.

How are you getting these before level 3 ?

During the level up process - described in the PH, not SRD - you select your class before you allocate skill points.

This means you have to go
Archivist 1 / Wizard 2 / Mystic Theurge or Archivist 2 / Wizard 1 / Mystic Theurge
Assuming early entry of Illuminium Improved Sigil (Krau); since PA doesn't work for Archivist.

Troacctid
2016-05-06, 09:36 PM
MT's requirements include Knowledge (arcana) 6 ranks , Knowledge (religion) 6 ranks.

How are you getting these before level 3 ?
You'd have to use test-based prerequisites.

daremetoidareyo
2016-05-06, 10:00 PM
In the celestial thread that I started below, a NG archivist/wizard/MT could rock out with tons of celestial buddies, and lucid channeling them...

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?486977-What-exactly-makes-a-creature-a-celestial

I'm currently working my way through the various celestials. Part of the channeling abuse includes spending money on collecting symbiotes, redeeming them through tactical use of redeemery ideas: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?410846-The-Redeemery-A-protocol-for-reliable-large-scale-conversion-from-Evil-to-Good), and then channeling a celestial into the symbiotes using the share spells function of symbiotes. We channel them through the use of the channel celestial spell, and then you can be a one man truespeaking bard cleric sorcerer with a lantern archon courier business that he is trying to get off of the ground.

Vizzerdrix
2016-05-06, 10:57 PM
Alacritous Cogitation could be fun. Having a spontanious slot is very handy, and it pairs well with Collegiate Wizard, letting you make better use of those extra spells. Also with two book caster classes, you may want the later to help keep costs down.