PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 cohort help. Evil campain.

Nosta
2016-05-07, 04:37 AM
SO I will be playing an Artificer, with the LE aliment and I will be more of a buffer, using my Infusions to buff my party.
GM is allowing me to have a item that reduces that casting time of them to a swift action. and after much talk and begging the GM is letting me
take leadership. As for what I want in my Cohort.

I want the following
My own ECL is 15. so I want to get it as close to it as I can.
Second I want a construct or something I can boost with infusions
I want it to be a large size creature and to swing around a large azure blue great-sword
I want it to be like a giant black knight of doom, in design.
I want it to have a very big str score 34 or more

now as I am far far from nowing everything in 3.5 I was wondering if some one could help me build this cohort

ATHATH
2016-05-07, 07:50 AM
Something with the Soulfused template, perhaps?

OldTrees1
2016-05-07, 08:45 AM
Just how many cohorts do you need? :smalleek::smallsmile:

Creature type
Construct: Maug (2RHD, +3 LA)
Humanoid: Incarnate Maug (2 RHD, +1 LA)
Draconic: Dragonborn Incarnate Maug (2 RHD, +1 LA)
Undead: Necropolitian Incarnate Maug (2 RHD, +1 LA)

Start with a 14 in Str, apply +10 racial modifier, increase it every 4th HD, and buy a Belt of Giant Strength +6 (33 Str total at 12th). This is before the Str from Warhulk.

Classes: Crusader -> Warhulk 4 -> More Crusader

Vizzerdrix
2016-05-07, 08:51 AM
Hmm... What about applying effigy to a templated war troll or ogre?

Lolth touched effigy war troll has a 41 str, 12 hd, and a few more goodies to boot. Is their any way we can give it an int score so it can have feats?

OldTrees1
2016-05-07, 09:16 AM
Hmm... What about applying effigy to a templated war troll or ogre?

Lolth touched effigy war troll has a 41 str, 12 hd, and a few more goodies to boot. Is their any way we can give it an int score so it can have feats?

It would need an ECL in order to be a cohort. Doesn't effigy make it LA - when it removes the Int score? Even if we restored the Int score the LA would remain LA -.

Vizzerdrix
2016-05-07, 10:04 AM
It would need an ECL in order to be a cohort. Doesn't effigy make it LA - when it removes the Int score? Even if we restored the Int score the LA would remain LA -.

Darn. Yer right. But she could just craft one to have along with her cohort.

Nifft
2016-05-07, 11:49 AM
How about an ordinary Warforged, with a Psionic class that grants the expansion power?

Vizzerdrix
2016-05-07, 12:10 PM
How about an ordinary Warforged, with a Psionic class that grants the expansion power?

Hmm... can the desired str be met with it though? Ive always been iffy on warforged with templates.

Barbarian Horde
2016-05-07, 02:35 PM
SO I will be playing an Artificer, with the LE aliment and I will be more of a buffer, using my Infusions to buff my party.
GM is allowing me to have a item that reduces that casting time of them to a swift action. and after much talk and begging the GM is letting me
take leadership. As for what I want in my Cohort.

I want the following
My own ECL is 15. so I want to get it as close to it as I can.
Second I want a construct or something I can boost with infusions
I want it to be a large size creature and to swing around a large azure blue great-sword
I want it to be like a giant black knight of doom, in design.
I want it to have a very big str score 34 or more

now as I am far far from nowing everything in 3.5 I was wondering if some one could help me build this cohort

I can think of a fun way to do this. Just need to buff him before battle with what ever but my suggestion is to take the feat from dragon magazine called chicken infested. Take one level of commoner in your build. Now summon as many chickens as needed to build a flesh golem using these chickens. Now as a golem I believe you can actually infuse him with spell to detonate when you want if I'm not mistaken. Have fun!

he pieces of a flesh golem must come from normal human corpses that have not decayed significantly. Assembly requires a minimum of six different bodies—one for each limb, the torso (including head), and the brain. In some cases, more bodies may be necessary. Special unguents and bindings worth 500 gp are also required. Note that creating a flesh golem requires casting a spell with the evil descriptor.

Assembling the body requires a DC 13 Craft (leatherworking) check or a DC 13 Heal check.

CL 8th; Craft Construct, animate dead, bull’s strength, geas/quest, limited wish, caster must be at least 8th level; Price 20,000 gp; Cost 10,500 gp + 780 XP.
So like build it like a vultron... lol
After combat you can mend him with new chicken corpses Dress it up, and hand it a sword and call it sally.

ATHATH
2016-05-07, 02:39 PM
I can think of a fun way to do this. Just need to buff him before battle with what ever but my suggestion is to take the feat from dragon magazine called chicken infested. Take one level of commoner in your build. Now summon as many chickens as needed to build a flesh golem using these chickens. Now as a golem I believe you can actually infuse him with spell to detonate when you want if I'm not mistaken. Have fun!

So like build it like a vultron... lol
After combat you can mend him with new chicken corpses Dress it up, and hand it a sword and call it sally.
You need HUMAN corpses.

Barbarian Horde
2016-05-07, 02:41 PM
I know it's not raw, but still could be a lot fun. I mean its a simple fluff of the text.
---------
besides he an artificier can create anything.