PDA

View Full Version : Movies DC should make a DAMAGE movie

HardcoreD&Dgirl
2016-05-07, 08:45 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damage_(comics)

ok, so with both Civil war and BvS handling civilian casualties and property damage there is a story that would work perfect in this new environment of not quite deconstruction but not quite full four color comic movies...

Now Grant emerson (aka damage) is a super powered teen who has trouble fitting in when BOOM his powers hit when metallo attacks his school. His powers are explosive to say the least, and like Hulk they build as he fights (until he gets full control at least). So as the fight goes on he builds up a bigger and bigger charge, but if it builds too big too fast BOOM all the power explodes out of him.

His first bang destroys his school, but the second much bigger one is in down town Atlanta GA... now in the comic they keep the causilty count low by saying the energy is like reverse neutron bombs...it hurts non living matter...but take that away and you have a teen who when he looses control becomes a human bomb... but who also has the potential to save a lot of lives as a hero...

regardless of how you feel about either movie already out, that door is now open...and I thing Grant is a great way to walk through that door. Would you guys see that moive?

Professor Gnoll
2016-05-07, 08:51 AM
I think it could be interesting, if it was handled better than BvS.
But in all honesty, having just watched two very long movies on the subject, I'm kind of sick of 'consequences of collateral damage' superhero movies. Maybe if it came out in a few years.
Also, I feel like there's a lot of more interesting heroes to explore that I'd rather see prioritised over the fairly obscure Damage. I'd be open to the idea, though.

Starbuck_II
2016-05-07, 11:50 AM
So like a good guy version of villain Nitro? (he was the villain that caused Civil War comic version by blowing up a school).

I might see that. But I'd prefer one of the other light hearted hearts like Squirrel Girl too.

The Glyphstone
2016-05-07, 12:03 PM
Only if Marvel counters by making a Damage Control (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damage_Control_%28comics%29) movie.:smallbiggrin:

DigoDragon
2016-05-07, 01:38 PM
Only if Marvel counters by making a Damage Control (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damage_Control_%28comics%29) movie.:smallbiggrin:

Seems like a comedy TV series for Damage Control is being seriously considered (https://deadline.com/2015/10/marvel-damage-control-tv-series-comedy-abc-1201566243/).

HardcoreD&Dgirl
2016-05-07, 03:47 PM
So like a good guy version of villain Nitro? (he was the villain that caused Civil War comic version by blowing up a school).

I might see that. But I'd prefer one of the other light hearted hearts like Squirrel Girl too.

kinda like nitro... and I like squirrel girl ok, but mostly want to see her in a team not her own movie... you want fun you want a Blue and the Gold buddy cop movie...

I would so watch a half hour comedy of that after every AoS...

Lateral
2016-05-08, 04:23 PM
Sure, they can make a Damage movie, but they'd better do at least two things first:

Make a movie that doesn't suck.
Give Wonder Woman HER OWN DAMN MOVIE ALREADY.

Preferably in that order. I'm a little less skeptical of the next couple of movies than I was about BvS, because at least Zack "Superhero Snyder won't be in the director's chair, but then again I was 100% right about BvS, so we'll see what happens.

I would pay good money to see that. Marvel, not DC, but at least that means they might do her justice.

Seems like a comedy TV series for Damage Control is being seriously considered (https://deadline.com/2015/10/marvel-damage-control-tv-series-comedy-abc-1201566243/).
YES

ALL OF THAT

IN MY TELEVISION

BiblioRook
2016-05-08, 07:20 PM

As much I adore Squirrel Girl I think it would be weird to see her in something live-action, a cartoon seems better suited for her. Also Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), I desperately wish to see something along the lines of a Ms. Marvel cartoon series, she just seems just right for that kind of thing being something of a spirited successor to Spider-man's teenage snark (now that he's all adult now, but not ignoring Miles) and cartoony powers to boot.

I'm really looking forward to this. Not sure just what to expect from it, but I've very interested to see how it turns out.

HardcoreD&Dgirl
2016-05-08, 08:21 PM
Give Wonder Woman HER OWN DAMN MOVIE ALREADY.

yes... she should have had one long ago... I was pitching this with the idea of 'add it to the already list of DC movies' not instead of

Ramza00
2016-05-10, 07:07 PM
DC should stay away from the superpower stuff until it can learn to write those movies again, and instead focus on some of their lesser known brands where they can make fun entertaining movies. Take for example the RED movies (Red stands for Retired and Extremely Dangerous) the red franchise is a DC owned franchise.

HardcoreD&Dgirl
2016-05-12, 10:18 PM
DC should stay away from the superpower stuff until it can learn to write those movies again, and instead focus on some of their lesser known brands where they can make fun entertaining movies. Take for example the RED movies (Red stands for Retired and Extremely Dangerous) the red franchise is a DC owned franchise.

wow... lucky then that DC and WB just hit one out of the park with a multi record shattering opening for a movie that even when paned by critics excited movie goers

Mystic Muse
2016-05-13, 12:56 PM
wow... lucky then that DC and WB just hit one out of the park with a multi record shattering opening for a movie that even when paned by critics excited movie goers

What, pray tell, would this be?

The Glyphstone
2016-05-13, 01:19 PM
What, pray tell, would this be?

Well, BvS did suffer the largest Friday-to-Friday drop in tickets sales for any superhero movie, that is a pretty important record.:smallbiggrin:

HardcoreD&Dgirl
2016-05-14, 07:48 AM
Well, BvS did suffer the largest Friday-to-Friday drop in tickets sales for any superhero movie, that is a pretty important record.:smallbiggrin:

Despite being ravaged by critics (I thought most of the really negative reviews were way over the top and unfair), BATMAN v SUPERMAN kicked some box office ass this weekend with a $170.1 million domestic opening weekend. BvS ranks as the top opening weekend for a DC Comics film, the best March debut ever, and the sixth biggest domestic opening weekend of all-time

even if you hate the movie, being one of the highest grossing movies (more then many marvel movies) is an accomplishment...:smallbiggrin:

BiblioRook
2016-05-14, 08:00 AM
There's more to being a successful movie then just making money I think, unless your bottom-line really is all that matters to you. I mean, if that's the case then even Fantastic Four and The Last Airbender were 'successful'. BvS, whatever it's faults aside, was a big movie in terms of hype and expectations, it basically was supposed to be a sure-thing from the beginning and if it didn't make money that would be an even bigger embarrassment then it already has suffered. I mean, just how many of those ticket sales were bought ahead of time before even the critics started to have their say or word of mouth started getting around? A lot I imagine. How many of those people went back for more afterwords? Not as many as hoped I think.

The real test probably will to see how well the next movie does.

Also honestly saying "{This compay's} Flagship title managed to do better then {That company's} second or third tier titles!" is just kind of a... sad comparison really when you think about it.

HardcoreD&Dgirl
2016-05-14, 08:38 AM
There's more to being a successful movie then just making money I think, unless your bottom-line really is all that matters to you. I mean, if that's the case then even Fantastic Four and The Last Airbender were 'successful'. BvS, whatever it's faults aside, was a big movie in terms of hype and expectations, it basically was supposed to be a sure-thing from the beginning and if it didn't make money that would be an even bigger embarrassment then it already has suffered. I mean, just how many of those ticket sales were bought ahead of time before even the critics started to have their say or word of mouth started getting around? A lot I imagine. How many of those people went back for more afterwords? Not as many as hoped I think.

The real test probably will to see how well the next movie does.

Also honestly saying "{This compay's} Flagship title managed to do better then {That company's} second or third tier titles!" is just kind of a... sad comparison really when you think about it.

this was not 'the flagship' like avengers was... this if compaired to any phase 1 non avenger movie made more... and people trying to take away an accomplishment (like say highest movie ever realsed in the month, or one of the highest grossing comic book films) by saying "if your not first your last" is sad...

like the movie doen't like the movie I don't care...but at least be honest, your opinon (no matter witch) is far from the only one, lots have the reverse (and form what I can tell the majority are in the middle)... so yes it broke records and made it's money back + more... I don't know what else we can judge on... some like it some don't most think it was OK...

Lacuna Caster
2016-05-14, 02:09 PM
Heh. Classic.