PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 ECL 15 choosing a race and & class

Nosta
2016-05-07, 01:06 PM
so My friend wants to do a campaign that he is going to Pod cast.
the catch is everyone must be some sort of evil aliment.

the story is as follows.
We four are the four generals in the army of a dark and powerful overlord, trying for the classic world domination.
We are just about to conquer the last of the rebel forces when out of no were emerges the Hero of hope and evil's bane
He decimates the army that the four generals have brought with them, and on top of it he brings to life every high level person on the
good side, that as been killed in the last 10 years.

so now we, well strong are self's are in the mist of the enemy land. we are being hunted like mad dogs. to make it more fun, we are going to have flaws that make it hard not to commit evil acts. we need to get back to our dark kingdom and protect the dark lord before the hero of light and hope slays him

Motivations is simple evil for the sake of evil.

now that I gave a little info on to what type of game I will be playing I'd like to get some ideas as to what race and class I should play.

I Normally go for combat based builds

My current D&D character is a sorcerer,rogue gestalt
I"ve down swift-hunter build along with Monk and Duskblade

But i'm not sure what do here

part of me was thinking Hordeficer with a large cohort or a Type of Necromancer with a bulky large undead as a body guard
But I like being the combatant not my minion

so I am thinking of two things.

1 a evil spellwarp sniper assassin

2 or more of an evil sublime way warrior who is like a large crimson knight

can some one help me choose and give me ideas as to how to build either one?

Gildedragon
2016-05-07, 03:37 PM
Evil for sake of evil is... Odd. Evil for the sake of power on the other hand...

Karsite hellfire warlock//binder is a good pseudo arcanist option

Elf Wizard/lich//something/urpriest/mystic theurge

Oooor if you want to be assassin-y

Swordsage//psychic rogue

ATHATH
2016-05-07, 03:41 PM
"Motivations is evil for the sake of evil."?!

Red Fel, Red Fel, Red Fel.

He'll set you straight.

Red Fel
2016-05-08, 07:16 PM
"Motivations is evil for the sake of evil."?!

Red Fel, Red Fel, Red Fel.

He'll set you straight.

"For the evulz?" Not even once, Nosta.

Not even once.

Snowbluff
2016-05-09, 12:30 AM
I'm pretty good at being sadistic.

How cheesy do you want?

ATHATH
2016-05-09, 12:43 AM
"For the evulz?" Not even once, Nosta.

Not even once.
C'mon, I'm sure that you can come up with something, or at least a Joker-wannabe.

Red Fel
2016-05-09, 08:43 AM
C'mon, I'm sure that you can come up with something, or at least a Joker-wannabe.

The OP is asking for build suggestions, not RP suggestions. Given the fact that he mentioned this character concept in another thread - and I'm pretty sure I gave RP advice in that one, although I could be wrong - I don't feel the need to fill this one with something for which he hasn't asked.

You want to play an "Evil for Evil's sake" character? You do you. I'll be over here, being utterly disappointed.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/NPH-dissapoint.gif

Theobod
2016-05-09, 09:41 AM
Illithid, pair with psion going into illithid savant at 7th lvl. Eat the brains of spellcasters and steal spells.

Eat all of the brains for that matter, if a party mate regenerates eat their brain periodically for evils sake and maybe to nab a useful skill or some such.

gadren
2016-05-09, 09:10 PM
How do you feel about an assassin archer gish that is basically evil tinkerbell and does massive damage?