PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Homebrew Wizard Tradition and how the Playground helps me make choices.

Azreal
2016-05-07, 03:29 PM
So I ran across this homebrew Tradition for the Wizard, and I wanted the Playground's opinion on it. We are starting level 3 and I'm playing a variant human. Should I multi-class or just go straight Wizard with it?

The character concept is a young Prince from a land where monsters do not naturally occur, ruled by his mother an immortal known only as The Queen of Smiles and her immortal knights known collectively as the Virtues of the Queen. To others outside of the land (Annalise), it seems cloaked in so much illusion as to be impossible to tell what is real and what is fake. To the people who live there, this illusion rumor is completely ludicrous and they continue on their relatively happy lives thinking the rest of the world foolish.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?472282-Arcane-Archer-Wizard-Tradition-PEACH

CaptAl
2016-05-07, 04:42 PM
Seems pretty solid to me. It's a more offense based Bladesinger, but with bows. Solid magical sniper. I'd talk to your DM about how Booming Blade and GFB would interact with the 2nd level ability. May be too powerful. I don't really like the extra die of damage on a bonus action, but without extra attack it's not super powerful.

I'd drop a few levels into Rogue, probably 3 for Swashbuckler, to get sneak attack on mobs not adjacent to a buddy.