PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Becoming Evil - Suggestions

TheMadDoktor
2016-05-07, 07:50 PM
Alrighty, so, a friend of mine wants to start an evil campaign, pretty soon, using Fire Mountain Games' AP - Way of the Wicked.

As of right now, the party consists of a Negative Energy Cleric, an Antipaladin, a Fighter, and a Hamatulatsu Monk.

The DM keeps hinting that we need both a Rogue and a Arcane caster, both I'm fine with playing, but, in all honesty, just vanilla casters/core Rogue (because he's not allowing Ninja or UC Rogue) bore me.

Anyone have any ideas of something that may mix the two? Stealthy Assassin Caster type character? Hopefully with the capability of being the Party's Face mixed in there?

Honest Tiefling
2016-05-07, 08:13 PM
Bard? There are some archetypes that give rogue talents or stealth based abilities. And you're pretty much a face right there.

ATHATH
2016-05-07, 09:10 PM
Shouldn't this be in the 3.5/PF subforum?

Gildedragon
2016-05-07, 09:40 PM
Psychic rogue or Beguiler are tailored to your wants.
Artificer is a somewhat different spin (can rogue very well, and do the arcanist thing)

Binder is a bit further out but can fulfill a similar role: Binder-Warlock or Binder-(Arcanist)-Anima Mage are damn near perfect

Komatik
2016-05-09, 04:31 PM
Beguiler's basically made for this. Lotsa sneaky stuff and full sorcerer progression casting off a list themed to illusions and enchantments.

Geddy2112
2016-05-09, 06:10 PM
Second bard, although you can make a sorcerer fit the bill with the right bloodline. But you described bard to a t.

braveheart
2016-05-10, 05:06 PM
Vivisectomist (check the spelling) alchemist is an archetype of alchemist (arcane caster(ish)) that takes some elements of the rogue class, plus alchemists are on par with rogues as far as skill monkeys go, and you get the opportunity to play as an evil mad scientist

denthor
2016-05-10, 07:34 PM
Being evil is more of an action mindset not a character class

Story time:

We once ran an evil monster game. I was a skulk mage +10 to hide while moving full speed. Had the ability to change colors for blending purposes this was straight out of monster manual.

The party came upon a group of goblins they were monsters we were monsters treaty time.

In order to get safe passage we went and raided a small village. We took live hostages. A baby and mother. We watched as the goblins "played" with the baby until it was crushed by bare hands dropped and killed. The mother was bound and beaten as she got to see her baby trampled to death. Is this evil enough for you?

Be a "vanilla" character it is the actions not the class that makes the flavor of the game.

Nobody at the table was very happy but it was all in character.