PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Cleric Time!

JNAProductions
2016-05-07, 07:58 PM
I want a Cleric who can kick ass and generally do well.

Specifically, I want a Cleric of the Blackwater Domain who happens to be a Warforged.

Stats are in any order:

We're starting at level 1. Two traits, two flaws max.

So... Halp?

Troacctid
2016-05-07, 08:02 PM
Well, you're going to put the 16 in WIS, which gives you 14 after racials. That's not a very impressive save DC, so if I were you, I'd focus on spells that don't offer saves. Buff spells are good.

Since you're starting at level 1, Adamantine Body is a must. It makes you very tanky, between the full plate stats and the damage reduction. Pick up a heavy shield to go with it and you should be a good frontliner just by virtue of being a meatshield, even if your damage is nothing special.

JNAProductions
2016-05-07, 08:08 PM
Unfortunately, the DM has said Adamantine Body is not available. So I'm stuck with a bit of a crappy AC.

So what spells, feats, domain, and traits would you suggest taking?

Edit: I've made a character with what I think are good choices. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=805118

ATHATH
2016-05-07, 09:02 PM
You can use Blackwater Invocation to allow you to use a Turn Attempt to (essentially) cast Mass Blur on your allies (have them constantly be wet somehow).

Troacctid
2016-05-07, 09:24 PM
Adamantine Body is banned, but Persistent Spell isn't? Wow.

Anyway, you can only persist one spell, so which one are you going with? Like, Bless? Pickings are pretty slim at 1st level. And what are you looking to persist moving forward? (List (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7260) for reference.) For three feat slots and a domain, it had better be a doozy.

JNAProductions
2016-05-07, 09:30 PM
I only know know the SRD. What's some good choices from the list to Persist?

For now, I'm thinking Bless or Blessed Aim.

Inevitability
2016-05-08, 08:02 AM
I only know know the SRD. What's some good choices from the list to Persist?

For now, I'm thinking Bless or Blessed Aim.

Depending on what foes you're facing, I always find Magic Weapon a quite useful spell to have, especially in the 1-3 level range. It's about as good as Divine Favor when not fighting something incorporeal/nonmagic-resistant, and in other situations it might very well save the party.

What is your other domain? It might grant a useful persistable spell.