PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder I need some help with a pathfinder idea..

Ezrulie
2016-05-07, 10:04 PM
So recently ive been tinkering around with a character but I dont know how I would pull her off since shes a Faerie and there are no faerie races to use besides the beast one. So far I made something that I think works but im open to notes and feedback cause im still pretty green at this game.

The Fae are according to legend beautiful, elf like beings who are said to be born of the very source of all magic, The Hollow. Faes seen in any plane besides their own is a rarity of such proportions that one would think you were either mad or drunk. The Fae live within their own pocket plane known as Hollow-Scar, there they dwell peacefully within a planar patriarchy. Faes are adapt at using magic and commanding the forces of nature as they are more connected to nature and the forces that drive it than others, making them only natrually suited to follow the paths of Druids, Sorcerers, or Wizards. Some Fae have been known to become vessels for the hollow as they say by becoming Oracles.

Physical Description:The fae have a humanoid appearance which is awed in unearthly beauty, typically being mistaken for angels, muses, and other beings of beauty.Though, one can tell a Fae from others as they tend to have glittering skin giving them an ethereal glow of a holographic quality.

Society: The Fae live in seclusion within their own plane so they tend to shy away from interactions from any one outside their own kind.They enjoy the arts and enveloping themselves with nature and the arcane arts.

Relationships: Fae tend to stay with other fae though despite this they know how to interact with other races though the only they are comfortable talking to are their lesser cousins, the fey, and gnomes.

Alignment and Religion: Most Fae tend to dance on the boarder of Good and Neutral as their hearts tend to reflect their outwards appearances. Most fae worship many different deities of nature and magic though they tend to mostly worship the Hollow as an entity.

Adventures: The Fae never leave their plane unless the issue is extremely dire or they are banished from the plane altogether. But those who are outside the Hollow-Scar tend to wander around with a child like curiosity.

Standard Racial Traits

Ability Score Racial Trait: Faeries are clever creatures who also keep close to the knowledge pass down by their ancestors, but tend to be physically weaker than other races. They gain +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma, and -2 Strength

Size: The fae are said to be various sizes depending on the stories you hear but most tend to be a medium size and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Type: The Fae are humanoid with the Fey with the mythic subtype

Base Speed: base 30 feet

Languages: Fae begin playing speaking common and sylvan. Faes with high intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Any human language, Celestial, Elven, Gnome.

Fear and Skill Racial Traits

Knowledge of Ages: The Fae have lived lives that grant them two particular Knowledge skills. Each Fae picks two knowledge skills. The member of this race gains a +2 racial bonus on both of these skills, and those skills are treated as class skills regardless of what class the member of this race actually takes.

Magical Racial Traits:
Fae Magic:

Benefit: Members of this race with a Charisma score of 11 or higher gain the following spell-like abilities (the caster level is equal to the user's character level):
3/day—Dazzling Lights

Alternate Types of Fae

Duplicitous: Many Fae prefer to avoid the attention they often attract from human neighbors and attempt to convince all around them that they are human. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Disguise checks. This racial trait replaces Fae magic.

Touched by the Hollow: Some fae are more connected to the forces of magic than others, at beginning Hollow touched Faes gain Spell Focus as a bonus feat, They also my add +1 to caster level for any spell but they take additional damage from iron objects/weapons by 1d8. Replaces Fae Magic and Knowledge of Ages.

Debihuman
2016-05-09, 12:35 PM
Why are these humanoid instead of just Fey? How they look shouldn't affect this.

nikkoli
2016-05-10, 08:32 AM
If I recall reading the mythic book correctly, giving the mythic subtype to a pc race is not exactly recommended, seeing as how mythic is generally earned, and the mythic subtype from the bestiary was kinda great. It gives a minimum mythic rank of 1 (which is speerage from mythic tiers that PCs get as far as I can tell) along with free epic Dr at 5 hd, qualifying for mythic feats, getting bonus ability scores among other goodies. So I would advise against giving them the mythic subtype.

I do agree with Debby on them being Fey type rather than humanoid type. I think that they could be Fey type with the ( augmented, elf ) subtype if I'm getting the fluff right.

FungusFan
2016-06-06, 08:51 PM
Looks good to me, but a few comments. I am unfamiliar with Dazzling Lights. Is it a spell you have created, or just one I haven't heard of. Also, I would have them have at least as many spell-like-abilities as gnomes, but that's just me.