PDA

View Full Version : Excrement-themed spells

Tiri
2016-05-08, 02:03 AM
I am currently building a character themed around excrement, but I haven't had much luck finding spells that fit the theme. Any suggestions?

Also, it would be preferable if said excrement-spells were from first-party 3.5 books, since my DM is strict about that kind of thing.

Thurbane
2016-05-08, 02:10 AM
Stinking Cloud comes to mind...

Contagion?

Vizzerdrix
2016-05-08, 02:27 AM
Maybe use the feat spell thematics?

Bullet06320
2016-05-08, 02:28 AM
Renegade Wizards Spellbook, by mongoose publishing has
Vacate Bowels spell

Thurbane
2016-05-08, 03:02 AM
Otyugh Swarm
Fengut
Mudslide

Inevitability
2016-05-08, 08:15 AM
Befoul, Breath of the Jungle, Igedrazaar's Miasma (or whatever the revised version is called).

With substantial reflavoring: Fire and Brimstone. :smalltongue:

Âmesang
2016-05-08, 09:14 AM
You're trying to craft a manure golem (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA5bq29-Xis
), ain'cha? :smalltongue:

Daddoo
2016-05-08, 11:28 AM
I had a party that said "Holy S**T" so much that their patron Diety gave it to them....

SnugUndies
2016-05-09, 12:34 AM
Try playing a samurai.

ATHATH
2016-05-09, 12:41 AM
Try playing a samurai.
:smallconfused:

Tiri
2016-05-09, 03:00 AM
:smallconfused:

Samurai is widely regarded as the worst non-NPC class in the game.

avr
2016-05-09, 04:14 AM
If you refluff Grease ever so slightly people will avoid stepping in it even more than they do already. Similarly for the exact reason that someone under Bestow Curse is taking penalties or losing actions. Soften Earth and Stone and Transmute Rock to Mud might also work.

If you can steal spells from Pathfinder there are a few mud-themed goblin created spells which would serve. Mudball, Mud Buddy, etc.

Elxir_Breauer
2016-05-09, 04:27 AM
Spell Thematics plus Summon Monster line equals increasingly powerful Excrementals* as you level, lol. Just run them as Earth Elementals, with a slightly nasty smell. Or work with the DM (if it's not yourself) to come up with something that works and isn't any more powerful than the normal options but fits within the theme.

*Excremental is from the Kevin Smith movie: Dogma.

Thurbane
2016-05-09, 04:36 AM
YOu could re fluff Beget Bogun to create a little Poop Homunculus.

tadkins
2016-05-09, 04:56 AM
Similar to the thread I made a while back about a character build that attacks by farting.

Someone suggested a refluffed Dragon Disciple that breathes from the...other end.

I had a party that said "Holy S**T" so much that their patron Diety gave it to them....

lmao

Novawurmson
2016-05-09, 06:30 AM
Have you considered psionics? All the ectoplasm plowers makes it seems like an easy refluff.

Also, inb4 this gets locked.

ShurikVch
2016-05-09, 08:51 AM
Snotling Shamans in Warhammer Fantasy had Coprolite Storm spell, which was their version of Hail Storm

Vizzerdrix
2016-05-09, 09:12 AM
This topic makes me think about kingdom of loathing. Is their some way we can change a a damage type to sleaze or stench?

Psyren
2016-05-09, 09:55 AM
Have you considered psionics? All the ectoplasm plowers makes it seems like an easy refluff.

Also, inb4 this gets locked.

Why would it be?

@OP: You could also refluff mud-themed spells like Mudball (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mudball), Mud Buddy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mud-buddy) and Slowing Mud. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/slowing-mud) Just mentally replace the word "mud" in your head with another one-syllable epithet, and have your GM add a smell(y) cue.

Tiri
2016-05-09, 10:00 AM
Why would it be?

@OP: You could also refluff mud-themed spells like Mudball (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mudball), Mud Buddy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mud-buddy) and Slowing Mud. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/slowing-mud) Just mentally replace the word "mud" in your head with another one-syllable epithet, and have your GM add a smell(y) cue.

Well, sadly I am limited to 3.5 in this particular endeavor. The thing I am actually trying to build is an otherworldly entity that one of the members of the party in my current group worships.

The creature itself is supposed to look like a duck and have various excrement-related abilities. It is creatively called Poopaduck by its only worshipper, a partial shadow-monster which I also had to homebrew. That player really likes weird things.

Psyren
2016-05-09, 10:03 AM
Well, sadly I am limited to 3.5 in this particular endeavor. The thing I am actually trying to build is an otherworldly entity that one of the members of the party in my current group worships.

The creature itself is supposed to look like a duck and have various excrement-related abilities. It is creatively called Poopaduck by its only worshipper, a partial shadow-monster which I also had to homebrew. That player really likes weird things.

The same principle applies even so - refluff, refluff, refluff. Black Tentacles, Earthen Grasp, Viscid Glob - with a little creativity there are spells for this concept all over the place.

Tiri
2016-05-09, 10:06 AM
The same principle applies even so - refluff, refluff, refluff. Black Tentacles, Earthen Grasp, Viscid Glob - with a little creativity there are spells for this concept all over the place.

Well, I was planning to do a fair bit of refluffing anyway. I just thought it would be good to have some things that were inherently excrement-related.

Starbuck_II
2016-05-09, 10:50 AM
Well, poop is bile covered at times so acid isn't out of ordinary. So acid arrow can just be smelly bile covered poop.

Angry Ache can be reflavored as filth messing with their muscles.
Boneblast can be Turd Blast.
Heartache can be "fills the subjects bowel wrenching sorrow"
Fire Burst (2e) can be Blue Dart (farting into a fire).
Blossom of Razors can be reflavored as a irritable bowel symdrome.
Fetid Breath is kinda excrement flavored (already causes stinking cloud)
Circle of Nausea creates a fart cloud effect now.
Rain of Blood is now Rain of Turds?

Psyren
2016-05-09, 11:14 AM
Well, I was planning to do a fair bit of refluffing anyway. I just thought it would be good to have some things that were inherently excrement-related.

Other than Otyugh-related spells, scat isn't typically an explicit D&D subject matter to my knowledge. :smalltongue:

Geddy2112
2016-05-09, 11:48 AM
The spell fireball specifically calls for "A tiny ball of bat guano" as a material component.

I am sure you could substitute other excrement as a material component for said smell....

Psyren
2016-05-09, 11:55 AM
The spell fireball specifically calls for "A tiny ball of bat guano" as a material component.

I am sure you could substitute other excrement as a material component for said smell....

Bull's Strength also works with a cowpat.

Thurbane
2016-05-09, 05:17 PM
I'd homebrewed stats for a "filth" golem a long time back (stench, disease carrying slam, engulf opponent), but I can't find the stat-block now.