PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Viable or not? Githzerai Swordsage/Bloodclaw Master

Shalassa
2016-05-08, 08:59 AM
Hej boys and girls (and whatever you like to be)

I'm rather new here (well, just registered but being a while here reading handbooks and sutff) so if I do something wrong shout at me.

We're playing Planescape adapted to 3.5 with a human wizard (slighty wrong skilled so not that über), a naiad divine soul (homebrew, kind of water elf favoured soul with inspire courage and some nice auras) and myself as a whisper gnome witch. The class is pretty much the same as in Pathfinder, just with d4 and Slumber being capped at my Class level.
Right now I'm in a conflict with myself. I like my witch but I also love my newly created Swordsage whom reminds me of my fun time playing Jade Empire. We just hit the CL10 and our DM says the campaign goes up to epic levels (and beyond). I'd like to switch but I fear, my new char becomes useless in a few levels. So my question is: How viable is that build and what can I do to tweak her so she doesn't become so weak too fast. I don't want to change my PC just to change it again when I can't do anything besides hindering my group..

Allowed stuff is everything published in a book. Nothing online-only (except maybe erratas) or Dragon Magazine. LA buyoff is a thing, „psionics are different“ not. And only one PrC on a character.

Atm I have that:
Githzerai (ExPH-version) Swordsage 6/Bloodclaw Master 2 with ECL9. Planned is SS x/ BCM 3
Ability scores without items (32-buy)
Str 14 (+2)
Dex 24 (+7) // (16 base + 6 racial + 2 level)
Con 14 (+2)
Int 10 (+-0) // (12 base – 2 racial)
Wis 16 (+3) // (14 base + 2 racial)
Cha 8 (-1)

Feats: Weapon Finesse, TWF, Adaptive Style. Later on Improved Critical, Sudden Recovery and ?? // Discipline Foci will be Tiger Claw mainly and Diamond Mind secondly.

Maneuvers: Sudden Leap (TC1), Wolf Fang Strike (TC1), Moment of Perfect Mind (DM1), Shadow Blade Technique (SH1). Distracting Ember (DW1), Counter Charge (SS1), Mountain Hammer (SD1), Cloak of Deception (SH2), Shadow Jaunt (SH2), Claw at the Moon (TC2), Emerald Razor (DM2), Mind Over Body (DM3), Soaring Raptor Strike (TC3/BCM1), Death from Above (TC4)
Stances: Blood in the Water (TC1), Leaping Dragon Stance (TC3), Pearl of Black Doubt (DM3)

So basically Tiger Claw and Diamond Mind with a few utilities from other schools.

Equipment (not yet fully decided but that's the very least): 2 Martial Discipline (TC) Kukri +1, a Nimbleness Thistledown Padded Armour, Dex/Wis-items +2 and a Ring of Jumping +5
WBL will be from CL8 (except the group levels up before I switch my PCs, in which case it will be CL9) Planned are items for Dex > Wis = Str, Kukris will be upgraded to TC/DM. Tomes at the end.

Any plans on improving the max. Dex on my armour even farer? This one has +12 and I think I could break that in the long run. Any other magical items I need to have?

And what about the last two feats I can choose? Considered Improved Initiative as one of them but I'm not sure if it will be overkill with the high Dex and Quick to Act. Is a Skill Focus (Jumping) worthwile or completely useless? I won't be in Shadow Hand stances for long (if I even get one) so Shadow Blade won't work. Imroved/Greater TWF? The -5 (-10 respective) sound like they gonna hurt.