PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next 4 new spells for mothers and maidens to celebrate Mother's Day!

sterling vermin
2016-05-08, 12:01 PM
Join the Sterling Vermin Adventuring Co. in honoring and celebrating mothers with 4 new mother’s day themed spells. Whether your characters joyfully embrace motherhood or would rather put it off until another day, they have new options included here.

Happy mother’s day! (https://sterlingvermin.com/2016/05/08/the-day-of-mothers/)

Final Hyena
2016-05-08, 12:31 PM
Curse that day, that stupid day Arlamoth created Arcane Nursery. Since that day forth the most powerful armies of the world became children. It didn't take long before they took control of office and set the world along a new path, a dark path. Things are worse than ever, but we few stand strong for the right to not be woken up in the early hours, for food that isn't candy, for some piece and quiet, for the right to stay up past 7pm, for La Resistance!

Ninja_Prawn
2016-05-08, 01:53 PM
When I look at the pdf, the image is covering some of the text. I don't know if it's just my system, but that might bear looking at.

I do like these spells, especially Fertility Rite, which would sit well in a fey campaign I'm running at the moment. Game-wise, I'm a little concerned about how Arcane Nursery interacts with non-humanoids - particularly creatures that are genuine threats in their infant stages, like wyrmlings. Perhaps the spell should a) be restricted to humanoids, b) be re-worded so that the warded creature cannot attack or c) have its spell level increased.

I also find it highly amusing that Dalliance is a cantrip... :smallwink:

sterling vermin
2016-05-08, 06:46 PM
When I look at the pdf, the image is covering some of the text. I don't know if it's just my system, but that might bear looking at.

I do like these spells, especially Fertility Rite, which would sit well in a fey campaign I'm running at the moment. Game-wise, I'm a little concerned about how Arcane Nursery interacts with non-humanoids - particularly creatures that are genuine threats in their infant stages, like wyrmlings. Perhaps the spell should a) be restricted to humanoids, b) be re-worded so that the warded creature cannot attack or c) have its spell level increased.

I also find it highly amusing that Dalliance is a cantrip... :smallwink:

Those are all good thoughts. And of course, dalliance is a cantrip - you never know how many times you'll have to cast it in a single day!

sterling vermin
2016-05-08, 07:01 PM
Curse that day, that stupid day Arlamoth created Arcane Nursery. Since that day forth the most powerful armies of the world became children. It didn't take long before they took control of office and set the world along a new path, a dark path. Things are worse than ever, but we few stand strong for the right to not be woken up in the early hours, for food that isn't candy, for some piece and quiet, for the right to stay up past 7pm, for La Resistance!

lol!

[extra characters so I can post]

JeffreyGator
2016-05-12, 03:50 PM
Those are all good thoughts. And of course, dalliance is a cantrip - you never know how many times you'll have to cast it in a single day!

I actually thought Dalliance should be level one - partly because you get more L1 spells as a bard potentially and because I wanted to limit the castings/day to spell slots.

I also thought the maternal ward should be 2nd or 3rd level from the length of its effect.

I want my bard to be able to stick the party Halfling in the nursery.