PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Help Wanted: Homebrewing Bloodline Feats

Nerdynick
2016-05-08, 02:15 PM
So I'm playing in a campaign where I'm a dragon-blooded sorcerer and for plot reasons, have decided to portray that as the character slowly "mutating" into a draconic being, with scales and draconic features spreading further and further over his body as he levels. I feel like the sorcerer bloodline doesn't give all the draconic features that I'd like (particularly darkvision- I'm one of the only ones in the party without it) and figured that a feat (or maybe even a feat chain, to drag previous editions into this) would be a reasonable way to introduce some of those features. However I'm fairly new to 5e and don't have a solid grasp on what is "too powerful" or "weak" (especially in regards to feats, and with the understanding that those phrases are highly situational and dependent on player usage) and would like some help formulating a feat I can submit to my DM for approval. Beyond a draconic bloodline however, I have some interest in developing bloodlines for other lineages and would love to see people post some suggestions for things such as fey-blooded and the like.

Tl;dr: I want help developing a feat to give my character some draconic features (senses, elemental resistance, natural weapons, etc), but don't know what is appropriate to fit into a feat.

RakiReborn
2016-05-09, 01:21 PM
For inspiration, you could look at my thread for Dragonborn Variants (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?477047-Dragonborn-Variants-WIP-PEACH). The options are supposed to be taken instead of the breath attack, so they would probably count as half a feat.

cyberman09
2016-05-12, 07:04 PM
It is up to you DM mostly. If your mutation is only visual, it shouldn't be a problem with him. Maybe you can use some feat slots, like for example, Draconic evolution: you gain nightvision for 60 ft and claws that do 1d4 slashing