PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Bloodrager Dragon Disciple Optimization help

BoutsofInsanity
2016-05-08, 02:52 PM
I want to try and make an excellent combo of the above and would like your guys help.

25 Point Buy and no 3rd party books are allowed.

My initial thought was to go Catfolk and focus on Natural Attacks and get Pounce around level 13. What can you guys do with the combo above?

Hogsy
2016-05-09, 10:13 AM
I want to try and make an excellent combo of the above and would like your guys help.

25 Point Buy and no 3rd party books are allowed.

My initial thought was to go Catfolk and focus on Natural Attacks and get Pounce around level 13. What can you guys do with the combo above?

I'm not too familiar with Bloodrager nor Dragon Disciple, but the claws of DD overwrite your racial claws so going catfolk and expending 2 feats for those claws and pounce may not be as good as going Human, getting Racial Heritage(Catfolk) and then the Claw Pounce feat(Remember that it only works for claw attacks which is probably 3 per full attack with haste at maximum or perhaps with a FoB.). I also consider DD to be an overly weak class so don't expect much out of it. Maybe if you somehow managed to put Magus in there and think up some custom feats or some sort to allow you to substitute your first attack in a pounce for a touch spell? I can't think how Bloodrager/DD is going to help a pseudo-pouncing build. Are you going Bloodrager/DD simply for the draconic flavour and the sheer amount of flat strength(natural armor and con) you can get out of those two classes besides a small number of nice spells? I suppose when you finally get your dragon form, and convince your DM to allow you to have full pounce instead of the catfolk's pseudo-pounce it may bring in some intresting damage. Why don't you try to convince your DM to play this class? It's the best emulation of what a dragon can do in D&D in my opinion: https://sites.google.com/site/bardawilcampaignsite/core-classes/dragonfire-adept/dragonfire-adept-archetypes/dragonclaw-adept. It's a fairly balanced and rather interesting class. Your main stat is con because it gives you HP, AC and Damage. You can have some nice utility with invocations. Your breath effect will become amazing at 15lvl. You get 1 tail slap and 2 claw attacks that deal Unarmed Strike damage equal to your character level if he were a monk(Which means they apply for Style Feats if you get IUS arguably without Feral Combat Training but it's still just one feat) and one bite attack that also deals your breath damage. It's the perfect blend of martial/caster that you seem to want and you become way more of a true dragon than the hypocrite dragon "disciple".

EDIT: Also, you get to do this:
"Fivefold Breath of Tiamat: Breathe five different breath weapons simultaneously"
or
"Discorporating Breath of Bahamut: Line-shaped breath weapon deals double damage, disintegrates creatures".

Oh and your tail makes you an awesome tripper because it automatically grants you "Improved Trip" and "Greater Trip" in its respective levels.
Plus, this class is made for the Pathfinder system.

Florian
2016-05-09, 01:23 PM

Two level dip into DD to get the bite and thatīs pretty much it. Rest should be basic Metamagic Bloodrager.