PDA

View Full Version : From fluff to Paper. In need of character Help

Nosta
2016-05-08, 05:19 PM
so I have an idea for a character but I need polishing him out.

GM says It be ok to play a Dragon-born as an evil pc just turn some fluff
But I want to be size large,
I plan to add a few grafts to him not sure but I want to for fluff (he likes to collect parts of his victims and make them part of him)
I want to do warblade or crusader not sure what one would fit better.

I want a awesome Dragonic warrior who is a battle brute . he needs a breath weapon. I want him to be a Black dragonborn who wears armor and swings around a large size great sword.

but I feel like i'm missing something

I need a way to make the dragon born large . I need graft ideas. (I plan the breath weapon organ ) but I want a few others

long story short I want a bad ass evil dragon swordsmen who is large and in charge

Sword-Geass
2016-05-08, 09:22 PM
Hello once again Nosta, seems to be the other thread didn't fully answer your questions so, here we go again!

First, if you wan't LA +0 you'll have to pick some race and then aply Half Ogre or Half Minotaur templates (or both) then aply Dragonborn (of Tiamat maybe?). That's your only way of being large with no LA and no RHD.

Also Goliath and Half-Giant are races with Powerful Build, so they count as large, despite being medium, and PB is kept when becoming a Dragonborn, but they carry LA.

But all of that has already being said in the other thread you made.

Draconic Grafts are bad, they are really expensive for a small benefit, and you can't combine them with grafts of other type because if you do, you die. But if you are dead set in playing with them, the Smashing Tale for RoD is the best one, giving you a Slam attack with that tail that deals 1d8 plus 1-1/2 your Strenght mod. The rest are really bad.

Between Crusader and Warblade, the Crusader is a zealot of some cause, while the Warblade fights to prove himself, or that's what WotC implied in ToB, the truth is that you can play them the way you want and they'll both fit. Pick the one that goes better with PrC you'll take or that has the maneuvers you like the most.

Really there isn't anything to add beyond what we have already told you.

ATHATH
2016-05-08, 09:42 PM
Actually, there's an online Drider template that can also boost you up to Large. It doesn't have a listed LA, though, so you'll have to get it in-game. Luckily, there's an explicitly stated way to obtain it.

I recommend taking the Entangling Exhalation feat, by the way.

Gildedragon
2016-05-08, 09:56 PM
if you're dragonborn you can already have a breath weapon (heart aspect) you might need to get flight some other way: the Dragon Wings feat, for example.

The tail can be got through the Dragon Tail feat

For +2 LA you could also be a Black Dragonspawn (Dragonlance CS); you get claws, a bite, a breath weapon, stat boosts (+6 total), natural armor, and +1 effective level in sorcerer (without that I'd drop the LA by 1)

Val666
2016-05-08, 11:12 PM
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?471337-Weekly-Optimization-Showcase-Inevitable-Nightmare-(Tempest_Stormwind)

Yeah, be the Goliath Dragonborn instead of Warforged and go bam. Just tell your DM to fluff the Scythe look like greatsword hahaha