PDA

View Full Version : Boosting the DC of Beholder Eye Grafts

ATHATH
2016-05-08, 10:34 PM
Beholder Eye Grafts are incredibly overpriced and aren't very effective at the level where you can afford them.

However, this problem appears to be much less severe in E6, where your wealth tends to far higher than the wealth of normal characters that face the same CR challenges that you do. They also allow you access to some spells that aren't normally available to PC's in E6, like Disintegrate, because the spell(s) that you use to meet the requirements of your Beholder Eye Grafts don't have to be the same ones that your grafts cast/emulate. You can meet the requirements for Graft Flesh (Beholder) by taking the Favored Contact feat.

The static DC of Beholder Eye Grafts bugs me, though. Are there any ways to raise it?

Thurbane
2016-05-08, 10:54 PM
AFB at the moment, but would a Veil of Allure (MIC) work? If so, brings a hilarious visual into my mind. :smalltongue:

Inevitability
2016-05-09, 12:31 AM
If they're spell-like abilities, the Spell-Like Ability Focus feat from Races of Faerun can boost the DC by two.

ATHATH
2016-05-09, 12:31 AM
AFB at the moment, but would a Veil of Allure (MIC) work? If so, brings a hilarious visual into my mind. :smalltongue:
What does it do?

ATHATH
2016-05-09, 12:39 AM
If they're spell-like abilities, the Spell-Like Ability Focus feat from Races of Faerun can boost the DC by two.
Relevant quote, with some irrelevant parts replaced with ellipses for your convenience:
"... the effect exactly duplicates one of a beholder's smaller eye rays... but the effect's save DC is always 18."

Thurbane
2016-05-13, 10:48 PM
What does it do?

Increases the DC of any (Ex) or (Su) Cha based attacked by 2 (as well as Enchantment spells and SLAs).

As far as I know, the grafts replicate the (Su) attack of a Beholder, so the Veil would increase the DC by 2.

Just seems like a funny visual of someone wearing a pink and purple I Dream Of Jeannie style veil with Beholder eyestalks poking out from underneath it. :smalltongue:

I'm assuming the Ability Focus feat would works, as well as the Sudden Ability Focus feat (from Tome of Magic).