PDA

View Full Version : So I have this Campaign.....

Kirito
2016-05-09, 04:45 PM
Soooo.... I have this campaign, where I am playing a Paladin who is going to be marrying noblemen and stuff, and I was stumbling around for some tips on role playing that you would use in this instance, all help is appreciated! Just looking for some pointers. Thanks!

Keltest
2016-05-09, 04:53 PM
Do you mean that you are marrying into nobility, or performing the ceremonies?

SirBellias
2016-05-09, 06:34 PM
Hmmm. Go to balls. Nobles often have parties and stuff to make their social life a cut above the local rabble, so I suggest going to those, and looking up common etiquette for such scenarios. They might let you in by dint of being a paladin alone, or you'd have to aquire a title of some sort. Shouldn't be too hard, slay a dragon or something.

Geddy2112
2016-05-09, 06:57 PM
Make sure you have ranks in knowledge-nobility or whatever the system equal of that is. This covers manners, dancing, chit-chat of the elite, what have you. Know religion as well.

Also, are these religious or legal ceremonies? Do you have marrying power based on title/rank/faith or are you marrying into the family? What is your faith or creed? I assume it would be your basic guide to interacting with high society and being the romantic heroic knight of old.

goto124
2016-05-10, 01:51 AM
What setting is being used in the campaign? We'll need to know the social mores of the societies involved, on both sides of the potential marriage.

Is your paladin a male or female? Gender roles often come into play.

Kirito
2016-06-23, 05:05 AM
Im playing a Female Paladin of Freedom, And marrying into Nobel families to gain more power and armies to take control of the continent. I believe that it is the Eberron campaign setting as well, thanks for the help so far!

Faily
2016-06-23, 08:44 AM
Im playing a Female Paladin of Freedom, And marrying into Nobel families to gain more power and armies to take control of the continent.

Wait... a Champion of Freedom is going to marry into nobility for power to take control of the continent?

You sure you're not a Paladin of Tyranny? :smalltongue:

SirBellias
2016-06-23, 08:49 AM
Wait... a Champion of Freedom is going to marry into nobility for power to take control of the continent?

You sure you're not a Paladin of Tyranny? :smalltongue:

But she must "liberate" the masses! Power to the people! The people being her people, of course.

But seriously, I can see how that would work.

Honest Tiefling
2016-06-23, 12:31 PM
What race? I don't know much about Eberron, so I don't know if infertile marriages would even be allowed. Sorta defeats the purpose in many ways. Does anyone know if there is a DnD way to circumvent pregnancy? I figure no one can complain about you going onto the battlefield if you have three buns in three different ovens if you know what I mean.