PDA

View Full Version : Class that grant SU/SLA Fly speed.

Yogibear41
2016-05-09, 08:54 PM
Hello all, I am looking for classes that can grant a permanent/near permanent non-wing based fly speed that allows for continuous flight (no fly X amount and land at end of round type effects). So far all I have found that really fit what I am looking for are Warlock(via fell flight invocation), Elemental Warrior (air), and the Windwalker 10th level ability. I am wondering if there is anything I have missed, that is similar to these abilities. Preferably I want something that cannot be dispelled, and if it can, it can be reapplied easily in a way similar to the Warlock Invocation. Thanks for the help. :smallsmile:

Hogsy
2016-05-09, 08:59 PM
Hello all, I am looking for classes that can grant a permanent/near permanent non-wing based fly speed that allows for continuous flight (no fly X amount and land at end of round type effects). So far all I have found that really fit what I am looking for are Warlock(via fell flight invocation), Elemental Warrior (air), and the Windwalker 10th level ability. I am wondering if there is anything I have missed, that is similar to these abilities. Preferably I want something that cannot be dispelled, and if it can, it can be reapplied easily in a way similar to the Warlock Invocation. Thanks for the help. :smallsmile:

There's the Dragonfire Adept which has the exact same invocation as Warlock but he pretty much sprouts draconic wings. Its archetypes in the witchdusk campaign setting are rather interesting as well.

https://sites.google.com/site/bardawilcampaignsite/core-classes/dragonfire-adept/dragonfire-adept-archetypes

Crake
2016-05-09, 09:01 PM
a sorcerer/wizard can get access to overland flight as a 5th level spell, which is fly 40ft for hours per level. It's only average maneuverability, but it does specifically say that you have the ability to hover, so you don't need to worry about maintaining that minimum forward flight speed. It may not be exactly all day, but at hours per level, it's practically that.

Necroticplague
2016-05-09, 09:09 PM
IIRC, there's a soulmeld that can be bound to your feet to give you a fly speed. Pretty sure it's one of the "fall at end of round" things if it's not bound, though (My memory says its some kind of sandal, and has wind in the name). Not very fast, but good maneuverability.

Yogibear41
2016-05-09, 09:22 PM
There's the Dragonfire Adept which has the exact same invocation as Warlock but he pretty much sprouts draconic wings. Its archetypes in the witchdusk campaign setting are rather interesting as well.

https://sites.google.com/site/bardawilcampaignsite/core-classes/dragonfire-adept/dragonfire-adept-archetypes

First time seeing this "witchdusk" setting, and I am intrigued.

a sorcerer/wizard can get access to overland flight as a 5th level spell, which is fly 40ft for hours per level. It's only average maneuverability, but it does specifically say that you have the ability to hover, so you don't need to worry about maintaining that minimum forward flight speed. It may not be exactly all day, but at hours per level, it's practically that.

Yeah I was more looking for class abilities, spells are the easy way :smallsmile:

gooddragon1
2016-05-09, 09:46 PM
So, it's flight sort of. It can't be dispelled (but Antimagic Field messes with it as per all SU/SLA stuff with the exception of soulknife's blades and even they could have trouble).

Elocator (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/elocater.htm)

Scorn Earth (Su)

At 1st level, an elocater’s feet lift from the ground. From now on, she can float a foot above the ground. Instead of walking she glides along, unconcerned with the hard earth or difficult terrain. While she remains within 1 foot of a flat surface of any solid or liquid, she can take normal actions and make normal attacks, and can move at her normal speed (she can even “run” at four times her normal speed). However, at distances higher than 1 foot above any surface, her speed diminishes to 10 feet per round.

While she remains within 1 foot of a surface, she can make melee and ranged attacks normally, but if she moves any higher, she incurs the penalties on melee and ranged attack rolls as if she were the subject of the psionic levitate power.

It's not actually levitate. You're walking on air. Very slowly at higher altitudes. You can run at 50 feet per round with the run feat. If you are a warforged or undead or something... you can use it to reliably travel in flying mode at 50 feet per round by being able to run as much as you want.

The Viscount
2016-05-10, 10:27 AM
IIRC, there's a soulmeld that can be bound to your feet to give you a fly speed. Pretty sure it's one of the "fall at end of round" things if it's not bound, though (My memory says its some kind of sandal, and has wind in the name). Not very fast, but good maneuverability.

You're talking about the Airstep Sandals. They give you a flight speed when shaped of 10 feet (good) but as you said if you don't end the round supported, you fall, so it's only flight of a sort.

The Astral Vambraces bound to your arms will give you fly speed of 20 feet(average), but it is an all the time thing.

A Binder who has bound Marchosias can use gaseous form at will, so gains flight speed 10(perfect).