PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Running a Game with Humans and Aasimars as playable races

Huldaerus
2016-05-10, 08:21 AM
Hey folks!

I'm going to run a game in which humans and aasimars are the only playable races. I was thinking in tunning down the aasimars to 10 RPs cutting down the spell like ability and the bonus to perception. Also, in my world only makes sense angelkin aasimars so they'll get +2 Str +2 Cha instead of +2 Wis +2 Cha.

What do you think? How do they compare to each other? Anything else I should consider?

Florian
2016-05-10, 08:25 AM
As SLA early entry shenanigans are no longer an option, keep them and the RP, no need for changes here.

DrMartin
2016-05-10, 12:47 PM
I think that you can let them be as they are without breaking anything of value.

If you really want to bring their race points in line to satisfy some deep appetite for formality though, you can try the following:

- the spell-like ability for angel-kin should be worth 2 points instead of 3, to account for alter self's level (-1 rp, total 14)
- You could say that they no longer are outside (native) but humanoids (aasimar) or somesuch instead (getting rid of 3 points worth), and have them keep Darkvision as a separate trait (worth 2 points - total adjustment -1, down to 13).
- Get rid of the +2 bonus to heal and you are down to 11 points, which is the same amount that a dwarf get if i remember correctly.

Honest Tiefling
2016-05-10, 01:07 PM
What I would like to ask is why do only the Angelkin make sense? If I were limiting the races (and I actually am, through my line up would be Tiefling/Aasimar/Human), I'd give plenty of options for the non-human races. Can the other breeds of Aasimar be fluffed? There are several types of angels, so you could refluff the other breeds as different type of angels. It'll still be angel-centric, but give players plenty of options. I could definitely see someone wanting to be an aasimar sorcerer for instance, but passing due to the race just not supporting it or supporting their image of the character.