PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Magic Tactic Companion

Triskavanski
2016-05-10, 09:58 AM
So I got the PDF just recently.

Some good things I've noticed already, Magic Item Mastery makes a return. So that Fighter Archetype gets just a little more powerful and flexible. A few of them are not just simply 'X times per day' but one is anytime you can spend a swift action, another lasts for 24 hours after you activate it.

Rogues get more magical too. There is now a feat that you can expand your Ki Pool (That Unchained are suppose to be able to take, but it needs ki pool, which they didn't get?). There is two sections of rogue talents.

Advance Weapon Training makes a showing as well. One makes it so you can use Magic Item mastery with any weapon, and the other lets you get something similar to the magus's ability to enhance his weapon

Ninjaxenomorph
2016-05-10, 10:09 AM
All of those sound pretty good. I liked the Magic Item Mastery feats, good to see those expanded. Any standouts from those?

I noticed myself just yesterday that U!Rogues don't have an option normally to get a ki pool... that's quite annoying, but easily fixed for a home game.

Triskavanski
2016-05-10, 10:42 AM
There is one that casts lesser Restoration and later can do remove Blindness/deafness
Another that lets anyone have essentially the warlock bolts, but they come from your holy symbol and are powered by your god
Another that gives you the spell of shield, but it increases in power the more base fort you have.

There is one that gives you a small enhancement bonus to any stat for a whole day
Another to give you a small elemental resistance for the whole day
And one that gives you a small increase to elemental damage for weapons

Florian
2016-05-10, 10:44 AM
Huh, sounds surprisingly good! Pitty that Iīll have to wait a month or so until I can grab it in my LFGS.

Psyren
2016-05-10, 10:46 AM
Any archetypes? Style feats?

Triskavanski
2016-05-10, 11:15 AM
Ouch.. There is a new hex group call blood hexes. Anyone can take them like a feat, but Witches/Shaman can take them in place of a normal hex. They've got a few things you have to do to activate them. There is one that shuts down full round attacking for one round.. and can be extended with cackle.

there is a witch archtype that gets kinetic blast.

No style feeats

But these are the archetypes

Cryptid scholar Investigator
Dimensional excavator Alchemist
Divine scourge Cleric
Drovier Druid
Havocker Witch
Overseer Shaman
Patient ambusher Hunter
Questioner Investigator
Spell trapper Magus
Toxicologist Druid
Urban infiltrator Investigator

Psyren
2016-05-10, 11:38 AM
Boo, nothing for monk/umonk. (I assume no new ki powers?)

What's the Drovier?

Triskavanski
2016-05-10, 11:57 AM
Its some sort of odd buffing druid that gives out aspects of animals to their allies and themself.

Kurald Galain
2016-05-10, 12:13 PM
Spell trapper Magus

Interesting, what's that do?

Tuvarkz
2016-05-10, 12:18 PM
Divine Scourge seems to be an interesting thing, considering that it locks you into Curse Subdomain (And no other domain) and trades channel energy for Wis-based Hexes.
However, the magus-similar Fighter Weapon training has one glaring flaw: As it doesn't have an action type written, it defaults to a standard action.

Triskavanski
2016-05-10, 12:29 PM
Interesting, what's that do?

It exists terribly. Basically the archetype sacrifices spells to create a ranger trap with pitifully low DCs. After doing the math on trap archetypes I've found most of them are.. well.. traps.

Divine Scourge seems to be an interesting thing, considering that it locks you into Curse Subdomain (And no other domain) and trades channel energy for Wis-based Hexes.
However, the magus-similar Fighter Weapon training has one glaring flaw: As it doesn't have an action type written, it defaults to a standard action.

That is a bit of a bummer. But at least it does last a minute. Though unlike the magus thing, it has no limit on what enhancements you could choose to add to it. Letting you have the perfect weapon for the job at practically any time.

Psyren
2016-05-10, 01:36 PM
It exists terribly. Basically the archetype sacrifices spells to create a ranger trap with pitifully low DCs. After doing the math on trap archetypes I've found most of them are.. well.. traps.

...The hell? Why is this a magus? I could see a Hunter dropping their casting for this, but a Magus? What were they thinking? Ugh.

Kurald Galain
2016-05-10, 01:39 PM
That's pretty sad. Also, what's an archetype with no spells doing in a magic tactics book anyway?

To be fair, if this is a temporary enchant weapon ability, such abilities are also standard actions for e.g. the paladin and occultist.

Florian
2016-05-10, 01:44 PM
...The hell? Why is this a magus? I could see a Hunter dropping their casting for this, but a Magus? What were they thinking? Ugh.

The 3.5 effect slowly setting in. "Man, still 10 archetypes to do and Iīm running out of ideas. Steve? Steve! Start that random combinations generator again, maybe thatīll get the creative juices going"

Triskavanski
2016-05-10, 02:07 PM
That's pretty sad. Also, what's an archetype with no spells doing in a magic tactics book anyway?

I think I might not have explained properly. Its not that bad. You don't give up your ability to cast. Its more like that wizard archetype that shoots magic bullets, but you sacrifice spells to power the gun. That sort of sacrifice.

What you give up to get that is spell recall, fighter training and you count as a lower level magus for your magus arcana.

However the DCs are pitiful still. It isn't based on your int, but the level of spell you sacrifice.

Ninjaxenomorph
2016-05-11, 12:12 AM
That Item Mastery feat for divine casters and blood hexes, can we get some more information?