PDA

View Full Version : Could a max level cleric end world hunger?

codyleaderbrand
2016-05-10, 10:04 AM
Title question,

or

how many clerics would it take to end world hunger? I'm away from a PHB otherwise I'd start crunching some math myself. Is there an optimized build for accomplishing this?

ben-zayb
2016-05-10, 10:27 AM
Well, if a cleric 20 could wipe out all the mortal races on the material plane, then one.

ATHATH
2016-05-10, 10:42 AM
Self-resetting traps of Create Food and Water say "hi".

mabriss lethe
2016-05-10, 10:48 AM

This: A small number of low level clerics could wipe out hunger rather easily.

Hecuba
2016-05-10, 11:04 AM
Create Food & Drink is on the cleric list: a repeating item (spell clock, resetting trap, whatever) takes care of creating the supply. Both of these can be run arbitrarily fast, so your primary limiting factor for the number needed is the space where it is created - that is, managing drayage.

Teleportation Circle with Permanency (from the Rune and Time domains respectively) takes care of distribution. (It also fundamentally alters the relationship between distance and trade, which should result some very fundamental shifts in what civilization looks like. Cf. the Tippyverse).

The fundamental difficult for pursuing it on a single Cleric is the XP cost involved in the crafting and Permanency castings. There are solutions for this, especially if the build is designed around this goal.

All that really leaves is the aforementioned Drayage between the Food clocks and the Teleportation Circles. You could probably handle that with a platform, a chute, and gravity.

Quertus
2016-05-10, 11:13 AM
Max level? Well, since there is no level cap, a single trillionth level cleric could create enough food to feed the world with a single casing of create food and water each day. Of course, transporting that food is another matter.

Given infinite time and resources, a single necropolitan cleric 5 could create an infinite number of create food and water "traps", which would end world hunger.

Convincing everyone to become necropolitan would end world hunger.

But a single cleric 20, with a 30 wisdom, using spell points, at caster level 25 (via items)... would have 343 spell points. Using 300 spell points on Create Food and Water (the rest for Miracle to transport it, etc) gives us 60 castings, feeding 75 people per casting, or 4,500 people total. Really not all that impressive.

Said cleric would be much better off creating undead to farm the land, converting people to necropolitans, taking over the world and running things right, or just wiping out humanity.

khadgar567
2016-05-10, 11:23 AM
plus any cleric with that much power probably chosen as pope so here comes politics as more problem since status quo evil in politics

Max Caysey
2016-05-10, 11:25 AM
Well, if a cleric 20 could wipe out all the mortal races on the material plane, then one.

Could one really do that??? :smallconfused:

Necroticplague
2016-05-10, 11:25 AM
World hunger isn't a production problem, in either DnD or real life. There's plenty of food to go around. The problem is distribution, getting it to actually go around. In the real world, this mostly manifests as an extension of poverty, as people can't afford food (and those who produce food don't want to lose money, creating a minimum price). Assuming you could somehow subsidize the initial costs, magic solution don't have any maintenance/repreated costs (i.e, while a repeating spell clock of create food and water is expensive to make, it runs forever without costing anything more), so this is alleviated in fantasy. It seems like it would be pretty easy to have a spellclock that casts Create Food and Water one round (creating 14 person's worth of comestibles), then SM 4 for a Lantern Archon the next. The archon's Teleport ability lets it take the food wherever it is needed. Thus, world hunger solved with some easy crafting by a 14th level cleric.

ben-zayb
2016-05-10, 11:37 AM
Could one really do that??? :smallconfused:

Probably not, considering the unlikelihood of no other level 20 tier 1-2 characters existing.

OldTrees1
2016-05-10, 11:55 AM
Yes.
Did you want to end hunger(make food obsolete) or merely end food scarcity(a distribution and production problem)?

Ending food scarcity is rather easy. Mass produce traps of create food and water, then deliver them to everyone. In short order (shorter the more cheese you use in your delivery system) every mortal will have their own infinite food/water source.

Ending hunger is harder. Everyone of 3rd+ level can be converted into a Necropolitian. Everyone else can be eliminated, accelerated to 3rd level, or sustained until they do reach 3rd level.

Efrate
2016-05-10, 12:32 PM
The 14th level cleric could easily do it, probably sooner. Plane shift to a timeless plane. Make as much as you need shift back and distribute. A wizard might be able to do it earlier with gaes and planar binding, I'm sure something bindable has create food and water at will, and they could then provide the spellcasting to set it all up. Wizards do tend to be significantly less altruistic however.

Also, gate storm solars. Cast gate, have solar wish the item into existence, call a buddy to do the same, +infinity.

All the harvest gods might kind of come and kill you for destroying their entire worshiper base, however seems like a reasonable way to get some divinity yourself. Your average sustenance farmer, aka your average commoner, would very much worship endless free food for him and his family. Who needs Yondalla.

icefractal
2016-05-10, 01:32 PM
If you use any kind of free items / free spells cheese, then not only yes, but easily yes, probably in a single afternoon.

If not - as in, you're paying the full XP cost for item crafting/Permanency/etc, then I'm not sure. You could create food-generating devices and a network of teleportation circles to feed all the major cities, but I think you'd run out before being able to cover every village/remote outpost/group of nomads that exists. At that point, you'd probably have enough political influence to get assistance in widening your distribution, if that counts.

Also, this is all depending on repeating food traps being allowed. Doing it with spell clocks is much slower, and unless you're using free item cheese or planes with different time rates, you won't be able to build enough of them.

Vizzerdrix
2016-05-10, 02:12 PM
Create food/water isnt that good for feeding people. It only feeds 3 at a time. Goodberry can do it better at a much lower level, or a wizard with leomunds billet can feed far more (and house them. 40 at least. More if they ration the food and buddy up in the bunks) with a 5th level spell.

Flickerdart
2016-05-10, 02:14 PM
Create food/water isnt that good for feeding people. It only feeds 3 at a time.
3 per caster level.

Vizzerdrix
2016-05-10, 02:18 PM
3 per caster level.

Ah quite right. My bad for skimming instead of fuly reading. Still, doesnt come with a bunkhouse though:smallbiggrin:

Flickerdart
2016-05-10, 02:22 PM
Ah quite right. My bad for skimming instead of fuly reading. Still, doesnt come with a bunkhouse though:smallbiggrin:

True - and the ability to make shelter and fire for 40 people appear out of nowhere is very valuable in a lot of the same places that you want to deliver food to.

But your basic planetar has 35 slots it can devote to create food and water, each casting of which feeds 51 people for the entire day. Load up on as many as you can snag with greater planar binding and you're doing way more good as a wizard than as a cleric (who needs to pay gold and XP for planar ally like a loser).

Vizzerdrix
2016-05-10, 02:26 PM
Oooh! What if the two are combined? How many people could an early entry theurge feed, with bonus points for cloathing and shelter as well.

Gildedragon
2016-05-10, 02:52 PM
7th level Artificer producing traps of Heroes' Feast is perhaps better. Yes it demands one to sit down for the full hour, but it cures all diseases and heals the people partaking of it. Furthermore it produces it's own furnishings.

Flickerdart
2016-05-10, 02:55 PM
7th level Artificer producing traps of Heroes' Feast is perhaps better. Yes it demands one to sit down for the full hour, but it cures all diseases and heals the people partaking of it. Furthermore it produces it's own furnishings.

Heroes' feast says nothing about providing nutrition. Even if it did provide nutrition, it wears off every 12 hours (as opposed to 24 for create food and water) so you hit 6 times fewer targets.

Inevitability
2016-05-10, 03:02 PM
Max level? Well, since there is no level cap, a single trillionth level cleric could create enough food to feed the world with a single casing of create food and water each day. Of course, transporting that food is another matter.

An eternally resetting trap of Create Lantern Archon can create one lantern archon per round, each of which can move 250 pounds of food to anywhere on the material plane per minute. Distribution seems rather trivial.

Psyren
2016-05-10, 03:30 PM
Ending hunger is harder. Everyone of 3rd+ level can be converted into a Necropolitian. Everyone else can be eliminated, accelerated to 3rd level, or sustained until they do reach 3rd level.

You could also turn humanity into Elans if undead are too squicky. The process is unclear but it should be possible to mass-produce.

Necroticplague
2016-05-10, 04:04 PM
An eternally resetting trap of Create Lantern Archon can create one lantern archon per round, each of which can move 250 pounds of food to anywhere on the material plane per minute. Distribution seems rather trivial.

Or if you want something more temporary (so you don't have an infinite amount of archon's standing around), you can also use Summon Monster 4 for Lantern Archons, so they dissapear after a little bit.

Coidzor
2016-05-10, 04:05 PM

How does the the constitution drain component work with an item, anyway? Take 50d2 Con Drain over the course of making it?

Too bad about the teleporting to the deity's home plane, though. Woulda been a great way to have everyone have their own guardian archon.

I wonder if there's a way to troll some non-good deities with that spell, or possibly even muck with the ecosystem of the lower planes...

codyleaderbrand
2016-05-11, 07:04 AM

Hard to touch this one without putting context to "wherever" this is happening.

I like it, without a cost limitation seems pretty straightforward. What if I put a cost limit of 200k?

Create Food & Drink is on the cleric list: a repeating item (spell clock, resetting trap, whatever) takes care of creating the supply. Both of these can be run arbitrarily fast, so your primary limiting factor for the number needed is the space where it is created - that is, managing drayage.

Teleportation Circle with Permanency (from the Rune and Time domains respectively) takes care of distribution. (It also fundamentally alters the relationship between distance and trade, which should result some very fundamental shifts in what civilization looks like. Cf. the Tippyverse).

The fundamental difficult for pursuing it on a single Cleric is the XP cost involved in the crafting and Permanency castings. There are solutions for this, especially if the build is designed around this goal.

All that really leaves is the aforementioned Drayage between the Food clocks and the Teleportation Circles. You could probably handle that with a platform, a chute, and gravity.

I like it, uses the above traps idea with a little more explanation. Could you still accomplish this with the XP and a 200k budget?

World hunger isn't a production problem, in either DnD or real life. There's plenty of food to go around. The problem is distribution, getting it to actually go around. In the real world, this mostly manifests as an extension of poverty, as people can't afford food (and those who produce food don't want to lose money, creating a minimum price). Assuming you could somehow subsidize the initial costs, magic solution don't have any maintenance/repreated costs (i.e, while a repeating spell clock of create food and water is expensive to make, it runs forever without costing anything more), so this is alleviated in fantasy. It seems like it would be pretty easy to have a spellclock that casts Create Food and Water one round (creating 14 person's worth of comestibles), then SM 4 for a Lantern Archon the next. The archon's Teleport ability lets it take the food wherever it is needed. Thus, world hunger solved with some easy crafting by a 14th level cleric.

Well, yes you're right about the distribution aspect. A hindsight in asking the question, let's imply distribution is a requirement as well as a 200k budget.

Yes.
Did you want to end hunger(make food obsolete) or merely end food scarcity(a distribution and production problem)?

Ending food scarcity is rather easy. Mass produce traps of create food and water, then deliver them to everyone. In short order (shorter the more cheese you use in your delivery system) every mortal will have their own infinite food/water source.

I'm not sure exactly what a Necropolitian is, sounds pretty undeadish though. Let's assume that you can't kill the entirety of the population to fulfill this, very creative though.

The 14th level cleric could easily do it, probably sooner. Plane shift to a timeless plane. Make as much as you need shift back and distribute. A wizard might be able to do it earlier with gaes and planar binding, I'm sure something bindable has create food and water at will, and they could then provide the spellcasting to set it all up. Wizards do tend to be significantly less altruistic however.

Also, gate storm solars. Cast gate, have solar wish the item into existence, call a buddy to do the same, +infinity.

All the harvest gods might kind of come and kill you for destroying their entire worshiper base, however seems like a reasonable way to get some divinity yourself. Your average sustenance farmer, aka your average commoner, would very much worship endless free food for him and his family. Who needs Yondalla.

"WITNESS HIM"

If you use any kind of free items / free spells cheese, then not only yes, but easily yes, probably in a single afternoon.

If not - as in, you're paying the full XP cost for item crafting/Permanency/etc, then I'm not sure. You could create food-generating devices and a network of teleportation circles to feed all the major cities, but I think you'd run out before being able to cover every village/remote outpost/group of nomads that exists. At that point, you'd probably have enough political influence to get assistance in widening your distribution, if that counts.

Also, this is all depending on repeating food traps being allowed. Doing it with spell clocks is much slower, and unless you're using free item cheese or planes with different time rates, you won't be able to build enough of them.

Let's try with minimal cheese.

Oooh! What if the two are combined? How many people could an early entry theurge feed, with bonus points for cloathing and shelter as well.

I like it! Let's find out?

Arc_knight25
2016-05-11, 07:38 AM
Could a LE Cleric of a God that wants to expand civilization at all costs really mess up a world given time.

Encouraging towns, cities even whole countries that the God's temple could easily provided for said civilization and for these places to not focus on food production. Sell food at cost for making(Which should be peanuts to most). Then after decades or even centuries once the majority have accepted the Temples food supply, the Temple could use its food monopoly to begin to take over the world.

Sounds like a neat little campaign idea.

Telonius
2016-05-11, 07:47 AM
Ending hunger isn't so much about the production, it's about the distribution. (I'd point in the general direction of our world; no more specific than that due to forum rules). With access to Create Food, production would really stop being an issue pretty soon. I suppose with a bunch of Diplomacy checks (or targeted Sanctify the Wickeds) when a shortage happens you could fix supply and distribution issues as they come up.

legomaster00156
2016-05-11, 07:58 AM
So, we have people advocating for food and water-creating magic items, people advocating for easier transportation of existing food, and people advocating for an undead apocalypse. Guess which one of these groups is the villain in the campaign.

Necroticplague
2016-05-11, 08:02 AM
Ending hunger isn't so much about the production, it's about the distribution. (I'd point in the general direction of our world; no more specific than that due to forum rules). With access to Create Food, production would really stop being an issue pretty soon. I suppose with a bunch of Diplomacy checks (or targeted Sanctify the Wickeds) when a shortage happens you could fix supply and distribution issues as they come up.

Teleport Circles and SM4/Create Lantern Archon for Lantern Archons, who can teleport anywhere in the world with perfect accuracy, can also help.

Ettina
2016-05-11, 08:20 AM
I'm not sure exactly what a Necropolitian is, sounds pretty undeadish though. Let's assume that you can't kill the entirety of the population to fulfill this, very creative though.

Necropolitans are unique in being non-evil (they can be any alignment) LA 0 undead. So trying to turn everyone into Necropolitans is a lot less evil than your standard undead apocalypse.

Vizzerdrix
2016-05-11, 08:23 AM
So, we have people advocating for food and water-creating magic items, people advocating for easier transportation of existing food, and people advocating for an undead apocalypse. Guess which one of these groups is the villain in the campaign.

The one that tanks every economy on earth and makes everyone rely on an overdiety?

ben-zayb
2016-05-11, 08:32 AM
If the cleric has some form of long-range mass communication capability (e.g. mile-wide telepathy), simply tell non-urban folks to take 10 on their survival check.

Fuzzy McCoy
2016-05-11, 11:35 AM

Nonsense. Yondalla thanks you for making more room for hops, grapes, barley, fruit trees, asparagus, artichokes, etc. Create food and water creates the equivalent of an energy bar - nutritious, but liable to drive you insane if you eat it day in day out. Grapes = wine, hops and barley = beer, and fruits and veggies provide something to break up the monotony. Even if there is some variation in the food CFaW provides, it's still simple fare, which discounts a lot. Sure, you'll never go hungry, but that's not necessarily the same as being content after a good meal.

Efrate
2016-05-11, 11:59 AM
Your average common doesn't eat a lot of good food, just food. They're happy with what they get and a cheap stew goes a long way and is quite common.

Alternately research/pray for a spell of make my favorite yum yum noms, at like 4th level likely since its not THAT much of a leap from create food and water, add a create booze which I am certain is a spell somewhere, and repeat. Same techniques.

On a side note, I love the idea of the LE temple of free food slowing getting control of an entire world and using it to enforce its will and whatnot and control the people. I might steal that.

Triskavanski
2016-05-11, 12:15 PM
Its possible.. But remember there are also a roughly equal number of clerics who are trying to do the exact opposite and cause world hunger. Even Toriko where everything is food has places where people struggle to eat.

Esprit15
2016-05-11, 12:31 PM
Nonsense. Yondalla thanks you for making more room for hops, grapes, barley, fruit trees, asparagus, artichokes, etc. Create food and water creates the equivalent of an energy bar - nutritious, but liable to drive you insane if you eat it day in day out. Grapes = wine, hops and barley = beer, and fruits and veggies provide something to break up the monotony. Even if there is some variation in the food CFaW provides, it's still simple fare, which discounts a lot. Sure, you'll never go hungry, but that's not necessarily the same as being content after a good meal.

Prestidigitation lets you flavor things. Would that be able to be included in our trap of infinite food and transport?

Efrate
2016-05-11, 12:36 PM
That effect would have to be set by the caster I think not by the person who activates the trap which would be static.

noob
2016-05-11, 12:39 PM
You can also instead of using traps use those outsiders who can cast create food and cure disease at will(a bunch of planar ally and you are done).

Telonius
2016-05-11, 01:00 PM
The one that tanks every economy on earth and makes everyone rely on an overdiety?

New god: The Overdiety
Portfolio: Exercise, Temperance, Willpower, Leafy Green Vegetables
Domains: Strength, Hunger, Law
Symbol: A set of scales
Favored Weapon: Goliath Greathammer "The Deadlift"
Herald: Richard Simmons

Gildedragon
2016-05-11, 01:19 PM
Your average common doesn't eat a lot of good food, just food. They're happy with what they get and a cheap stew goes a long way and is quite common.

Alternately research/pray for a spell of make my favorite yum yum noms, at like 4th level likely since its not THAT much of a leap from create food and water, add a create booze which I am certain is a spell somewhere, and repeat. Same techniques.

On a side note, I love the idea of the LE temple of free food slowing getting control of an entire world and using it to enforce its will and whatnot and control the people. I might steal that.

Prestidigitation can do that; and there's a PF spell that makes water into an okish alcohol; all that's missing is one that makes a stimulant

Flickerdart
2016-05-11, 01:24 PM
Djinn have the SLA create wine which is described as create water but with wine. One could simply research a spell of it. 2 gallons (7.6 liters) of wine per CL is quite a bit. No word on whether this is good wine, but there's certainly enough of it.

Hecuba
2016-05-11, 04:02 PM
I like it, uses the above traps idea with a little more explanation. Could you still accomplish this with the XP and a 200k budget?

The distribution becomes more difficult, but likely yes. Assuming that three people per caster level does not mean more than 50 pounds of food, a spell clock of Summon monster summoning a Lantern Archon could be paired with the spell clock creating the food.
Edit: really, though, since the rate can be set arbitrarily separate from cost with no limit on how often it happens, you can manage even if it is more than 50 ponds. You would just have to set the spell clock for the Archons faster than the one for the food. In an unrelated note, spell clock rules are poorly written.

This might actually scale better, depending on the population distribution of the world and it's size (which, combined, will determine how many distribution hubs you need). They can split the shipment between multiple destinations, while a TC cannot.

You would, however, need some form of control hub to let them know where they need to take the food: talking is a free action, but you will still need someone there whenever it is running to say (or otherwise communicate) "take this shipment to the Food Hub at Cliffport city". I suppose a sufficiently tailored, rotating illusion could work for that though.

Coidzor
2016-05-11, 04:15 PM

Have them set up a free hospital system that harvests ambrosia/liquid pain while they're at it for good measure.

Dat LE mendicant hospital scheme.

Janthkin
2016-05-11, 04:51 PM
Or if you want something more temporary (so you don't have an infinite amount of archon's standing around), you can also use Summon Monster 4 for Lantern Archons, so they dissapear after a little bit.
Sadly not. :(

A summoned monster cannot summon
or otherwise conjure another creature, nor
can it use any teleportation or planar travel
abilities.

tadkins
2016-05-11, 08:33 PM

Alternatively, the population bands together and raises Gordon Ramsay to deity status. Now the create food and water spell produces fine dining!

Prestidigitation can do that; and there's a PF spell that makes water into an okish alcohol; all that's missing is one that makes a stimulant

Isn't there a "Create Drug" spell somewhere?

Sapreaver
2016-05-11, 08:48 PM
There is a spell called create addiction in the BoVD iirc

Quertus
2016-05-11, 08:49 PM

The one keeping people addicted to food and death? :smallyuk:

Coidzor
2016-05-11, 09:51 PM
Prestidigitation lets you flavor things. Would that be able to be included in our trap of infinite food and transport?

That effect would have to be set by the caster I think not by the person who activates the trap which would be static.

X*Y*Z number of Prestidigitation traps for a rotational menu. X is the number of days you want in the menu rotation. Y is the number of distinct meals you want in a day. Z is the number of traps necessary to get all of the food prestidigitated for the day before transport in a timely manner.

Or something.

Djinn can just create any plant matter permanently, IIRC, so that would allow for an arbitrary amount of cocoa and the like or possibly even just straight up vegan chocolate. It would also open up other forms of naturally occurring chemical substances contained in plants that have a stimulating effect on humanoids. Like coffee and tea, for instance.

Inevitability
2016-05-12, 02:40 PM
Djinn have the SLA create wine which is described as create water but with wine. One could simply research a spell of it. 2 gallons (7.6 liters) of wine per CL is quite a bit. No word on whether this is good wine, but there's certainly enough of it.

A homebrew-less solution would be to simply cast Summon Monster VII a few times to summon actually djinn. They can cast Create Food and Water once, Create Wine once, and if needed can add Major Creation for 20 cubic feet of vegetable matter.

fishyfishyfishy
2016-05-12, 03:51 PM
What about Rust Monsters? Don't they eat metal? If you wanna solve world hungry you need to get them an infinite supply of metal.

Flickerdart
2016-05-12, 03:51 PM
A homebrew-less solution would be to simply cast Summon Monster VII a few times to summon actually djinn. They can cast Create Food and Water once, Create Wine once, and if needed can add Major Creation for 20 cubic feet of vegetable matter.

"When the spell that summoned a creature ends and the creature disappears, all the spells it has cast expire"

Psyren
2016-05-12, 06:00 PM
What about Rust Monsters? Don't they eat metal? If you wanna solve world hungry you need to get them an infinite supply of metal.

Bone/glass rings of sustenance?

Vizzerdrix
2016-05-12, 06:07 PM
Bone/glass rings of sustenance?

Isnt their a metal that can heal itself? Or how about chopping bits off an iron defender, then healing it.

PaucaTerrorem
2016-05-12, 11:02 PM
Auto resetting traps of Create Food and Water+Teleport at ion circles. Isn't this how the tippyverse gets started?

Inevitability
2016-05-13, 07:49 AM
"When the spell that summoned a creature ends and the creature disappears, all the spells it has cast expire"

You're right on the Create Food and Water count (nice catch), but you can still create infinite amounts of wine. Create Water is instantaneous: once cast, the spell ends and no further magic lingers. I don't see how the wine would disappear if the Djinn's spells end.

Hecuba
2016-05-13, 02:54 PM
Sadly not. :(

Huh. Forgot about that: I usually am more troubled by the self+stuff only restriction.

Still, it's not much of a problem. Lesser Planar Ally will work instead (XP costs for the spell aren't explicitly covered for the spell clocks, but even if we price it as the at will/continuous its only 10,000 XP - reasonably affordable).

Alternately, if you can get a hold of Hallister's Fetch 4 from the W/S list that will work too.

Keld Denar
2016-05-13, 04:51 PM
Psionic Minor Creation creates permanent vegetable matter. Psionic Fabricate can convert that matter into ludicrous amounts of neutral grain spirits (pure ethanol). Dilute with pure Create Water and store in sherry casks created with PMC and Fabricate and charred out with Control Flames. Psionic Plane Shift to a fast time plane and retrieve a few moments later.

Instant 25 year single malt scotch in volumes enough to drown small kingdoms. Who needs food?

EDIT: I actually came up with this a while back when I created a Warforged Psion(shaper) modeled after Bender from Futurama. Please insert liquor!

Fuzzy McCoy
2016-05-13, 05:18 PM
Keld, are you talking pathfinder or 3.5? I'm not seeing anything on the 3.5 srd that makes PMC any better than regular minor creation. If it is rules legal, could you elaborate more? I'm curious how to do it.

Hecuba
2016-05-13, 05:33 PM
I'm not seeing anything on the 3.5 srd that makes PMC any better than regular minor creation. level 4 vs level 1.

Fuzzy McCoy
2016-05-13, 05:47 PM
I suppose that's my own fault for not specifying with regard to duration. Obviously, being a level one power makes it far better than the level 4 spell. However, I'm not seeing anything that makes PMC create permanent veggie matter.

Coidzor
2016-05-13, 05:53 PM
Huh. Forgot about that: I usually am more troubled by the self+stuff only restriction.

Still, it's not much of a problem. Lesser Planar Ally will work instead (XP costs for the spell aren't explicitly covered for the spell clocks, but even if we price it as the at will/continuous its only 10,000 XP - reasonably affordable).

Alternately, if you can get a hold of Hallister's Fetch 4 from the W/S list that will work too.

Greater Anyspell should let one get Hallister's Fetch. It's up to 5th level Arcane spells, anyway. Not quite sure how you'd manage using Anyspell to cast another spell to make an item, though. I think at that point it's probably just better to Shapechange cheese to have the spell through racial casting and craft it more directly or use Leadership or something to get some cooperative crafting going on.

Psionic Minor Creation creates permanent vegetable matter. Psionic Fabricate can convert that matter into ludicrous amounts of neutral grain spirits (pure ethanol). Dilute with pure Create Water and store in sherry casks created with PMC and Fabricate and charred out with Control Flames. Psionic Plane Shift to a fast time plane and retrieve a few moments later.

Instant 25 year single malt scotch in volumes enough to drown small kingdoms. Who needs food?

EDIT: I actually came up with this a while back when I created a Warforged Psion(shaper) modeled after Bender from Futurama. Please insert liquor!

Is that an augment of PMC? Because the base duration is hours per level as far as I see. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/minorCreationPsionic.htm)

Hecuba
2016-05-13, 08:04 PM
Greater Anyspell should let one get Hallister's Fetch. It's up to 5th level Arcane spells, anyway.

Fetch runs 3 levels above summon: Hallister's Fetch 4 (which is what you need for lantern archons) is a level 7 spell. Greater Anyspell won't work.

Miracle spell replication will, but the XP there would be much more costly than Lesser Planar Ally.

In practice, the actual solution would be to hire a Wizard/Sorcerer to cast it while avoiding the extra XP cost.

Eisfalken
2016-05-13, 10:38 PM
Ah, good ol' infinite djinn wine.

The reason my arcane PCs always throw the best parties.

Coidzor
2016-05-13, 11:09 PM
Ah, good ol' infinite djinn wine.

The reason my arcane PCs always throw the best parties.

Indeed, I'm quite glad about it, too, because it's both amusing and sets a good precedent for one of my homebrew Satyr-types having a Create Wine SLA, to explain why a bunch of furry-butted forest-dwelling layabouts are able to always throw keggers.

Keld Denar
2016-05-14, 11:00 AM
My bad on the duration...

I guess it's for the best. If you consume a ridiculous amount of alcohol, but the duration of the power wears off while you are sleeping it off, do you still have a hangover in the morning?

Although I guess the duration would probably tick down fast in a accelerated time plane, so it probably wouldn't work. Darn. No aged Scotch.

Gildedragon
2016-05-14, 01:26 PM
Indeed, I'm quite glad about it, too, because it's both amusing and sets a good precedent for one of my homebrew Satyr-types having a Create Wine SLA, to explain why a bunch of furry-butted forest-dwelling layabouts are able to always throw keggers.

I have houseruled it in as of this moment. Satyrs have Create Wine as an at-will SLA