PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder The Pain God and the Kinetictist

Triskavanski
2016-05-10, 04:11 PM
So in my constant searches to find a combo with the kinetic, I think I might have found something.
Flagellant (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Flagellant)

So hey! Yes you. The one with all your burning pain that you're constantly fueling your body with as you rip the world around you asunder! Worship the one guy who's really got your back! Worship Zon-Kuthon! Life is Pain, and Pain is life! How can you possibly know if what you're currently doing isn't a dream or nightmare if you're not in pain?

So you become staggered if your hp drops below your non-lethal damage instead of falling down. Well that is a great boon already for kinectist. You do have to have a crappy feat to start off with (endurance) Though that could lead you down Diehard and the Deathless Orc path. So.. how do we get rid of the Staggered condition? Deathless initiate could kick in and prevent it when you start getting into negative HP but we probably want to do this before we get there.

And Seriously Zon-Kuthon is like one of the nicest evil gods I've seen as far as feats/traits that require worshiping him. Being able to stay up even while you're withering in agony, Being able to heal people twice with the heal skill instead of just once, making people feel really good about getting their heals from you. Just a really nice fellow. :smalltongue:

Slithery D
2016-05-10, 04:23 PM
Researching this, the developer of the class was aware of Flagellant in the playtest and looking for a way to prevent it. I think this line is what's intended to do that:
A kineticist who has accepted burn never benefits from abilities that allow her to ignore or alter the effects she receives from nonlethal damage.

Going unconscious is an effect you receive from nonlethal damage (of a certain level), so I think this is foreclosed.

Geddy2112
2016-05-10, 04:28 PM
Zon-Kuthon is one of my favorite deities because he is so fing savage it is not even funny. He stared into the void and then went batcrap nuts. Killed his own dad and made him into a pain pet that he uses as a herald. Stab your sister in the hand and laugh. Have a holiday that consists of amputating all the limbs and just making torture torsos. This kind of sadomasochism is just outright freaking metal. Good motivation to workout IMO.

Get endurance from being a shaman's apprentice half orc, and go the full hog of "I don't freaking die" by diehard and the deathless chain. You also want this feat (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Endure%20Pain%20%28Zon-Kuthon%27s%20Kiss%29) to combo with accepting MORE BURN(and more pain) at higher levels. It is also by far the most brutal prerequisite for a feat, surviving torture 10 times.

Bonus points if your character has the cruel enchantment on a weapon. Double bonus if you wear a gimp mask.

Slithery D
2016-05-10, 04:43 PM
You also want this feat (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Endure%20Pain%20%28Zon-Kuthon%27s%20Kiss%29) to combo with accepting MORE BURN(and more pain) at higher levels.

Nope, it doesn't work.

Nonlethal damage from burn can't be reduced or redirected

Triskavanski
2016-05-10, 04:49 PM
Researching this, the developer of the class was aware of Flagellant in the playtest and looking for a way to prevent it. I think this line is what's intended to do that:

Going unconscious is an effect you receive from nonlethal damage (of a certain level), so I think this is foreclosed.

Well then. I missed that line.

https://www.totalmortgage.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/MERS.jpg

I mean I tried. I seriously tried. Regardless of how much damage the class deals, I tried to find other ways to use the class. Bend it. Mold it. Reshape it. Change my thinking from "Do damage" to "Manipulate" and figure out how to stave off negitive effects, like ever other class does. But apparently who ever made this class wants it to suck. I wonder if this the same guy who is throwing a lot of the new stuff recently that is like final word. Like the Kinectist's "Regardless of anything that anything else might say, you don't wield your kinetic blast. Even though we wrote you did in this one ability. See that one ability."