PDA

View Full Version : were-dire-loin help

Nosta
2016-05-10, 04:13 PM
what are the stats for a were-dire lion?
I want to make a oc in to a crusader but i'm not sure if it be worth it

Vortenger
2016-05-10, 04:26 PM
Someone turning into larger than life angry and be-horned loins and rampaging around during the full moon is terrifying.

On second thought, I think I dated a girl just like that.

You may want to fix the typo in the title...

Deadline
2016-05-10, 04:54 PM
The Lycanthrope template is in the Monster Manual. You can apply it to any humanoid or giant (which is called the base creature), and you have to select an animal that is within one size category of the base creature.

A Were-creature has hit dice equal to the base creature plus the animal's HD.

The LA for a Lycanthrope is +2 for afflicted, or +3 for natural lycanthropes (read the template entry for an explanation of the difference).

The physical ability score adjustments depend on the animal (subtract 10 from the animal score if it's even, or 11 if it's odd to get the adjustment), and the physical adjustments only apply when in animal or hybrid form.

So a were-dire lion would have 8 animal HD and a +2 or +3 LA on top of whatever their class levels are.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-05-10, 05:07 PM
Someone turning into larger than life angry and be-horned loins and rampaging around during the full moon is terrifying.

On second thought, I think I dated a girl just like that.

You may want to fix the typo in the title...Dangit. And here I was wanting to be the one to point that out in a super-snarky way!

martixy
2016-05-10, 05:20 PM
Dangit. And here I was wanting to be the one to point that out in a super-snarky way!

And there I was wanting to point out the thing you pointed out about pointing it out in a super-snarky way.

OTOH, 3.5 does not have a Dire creature template. I've seen people make them, but I'm not aware of a printed version.
Pathfinder however does have it as a template: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/dire-creature-cr-2-tohc

Lycanthropy is rather well-defined, so just stack both.

Lion, I believe can be extrapolated to
+8 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con, 2 Int, +2 Wis, -2 Cha

Necroticplague
2016-05-10, 05:28 PM
Do you want natural or afflicted?

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-05-10, 05:32 PM
Do you want natural or afflicted?Always all-natural. Afflicted characters are bleh.

Though you'd be better off as a divine minion (http://www.realmshelps.net/faerun/lore/magicbooks13.shtml) that dips a level in shapeshifter druid to get both animal and hybrid forms for a mere +1 LA and one druid level, and without all the negatives that come from being a lycanthrope.