PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Armor of the Berserker

PaxZRake
2016-05-11, 02:05 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to replicate the armor from Berserk without going too overboard...

My current design:

Armor of the Berserker - Cursed Item

Plate Armor - 18 AC

Grants the wearer Rage and forces Reckless Attack. When Rage ends the wearer of the armor takes all of the damage they would have if they weren't raging (all the damage they reduced during combat slams them once they calm down) and they get a point of exhaustion. Used as a Lvl 2 Barbarian (2 uses of Rage, +2 DMG to attacks)

I like it, but I don't know if it's overly powerful, or overly harsh.

Help?!

EDIT: Updated with Cursed status and forced Reckless Attack as well as Barb Level.

Final Hyena
2016-05-11, 02:10 PM
You probably need to state how many rages, or rather as if what level of barbarian to detail the number of uses as well as the damage bonus.

Anyway it's very strong, definitely a magic item.

PaxZRake
2016-05-11, 02:16 PM
Didn't think about the dmg bonus.

I was thinking 2 uses per Long rest. So that would be +2 to dmg if I use the chart and give the bonus dmg.

Definately Magical Armor, potentially cursed.

quinron
2016-05-11, 02:52 PM
Definately Magical Armor, potentially cursed.

I'd recommend giving the Rage uses as and Reckless Attack as the default, with the accumulated damage as part of the curse. I'd also recommend that you expand the curse to include not voluntarily ending your rage and having to attack while you're raging, attacking a friendly if you can't reach an enemy by the end of your movement. If you pick up a remove curse somewhere, you just get to Rage and Reckless Attack.

cyberman09
2016-05-12, 06:58 PM
Definitely needs more info, 18 AC seems a little high for the overall effect for me, and also it should be a very high rarity, but that's just my 2 cents

PaxZRake
2016-05-13, 10:47 AM
Definitely needs more info, 18 AC seems a little high for the overall effect for me, and also it should be a very high rarity, but that's just my 2 cents

Tweaked it a little bit. I figure the 18 AC compliments the Reckless Attack and the dmg that comes post rage. I'm certainly not opposed to dropping that to a 17 though.