PDA

View Full Version : Dragons of Ferriux, Tharo'Kazz

Eonn
2016-05-11, 08:23 PM
Chapter 1: A New Home

You touch down by a small lake in the middle of the forest, 15 miles north of the nearest town. The lake is fed by a small creek coming from the west, and slowly trickles out to the river tributary to the south east.

The forest here is old, the trees tall and thick. Undergrowth is rare, as the towering canopies of green blot out most direct sunlight. Nearby, you spot an ancient tree which had collapsed years ago. The core and the half originally against the ground had rotted away, but the outer shell left is perfect for a roof for a shelter.

Poking your nose in, you find that you were not the first to have this idea. You safely pull back as a dark, wolf like creature lunges at you.

"Fresh meat..." It growls.

Roll Initiative!

http://s20.postimg.org/mc6r5a8yl/Lake_Fight_A1.jpg

http://s20.postimg.org/yvj1qomot/The_Lake.jpg
http://freebigpictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/forest-lake.jpg

gremlin-pult
2016-05-12, 02:31 AM
As he and the wolf-thing faced each other, Tharo'Kazz took a deep breath to calm his beating heart. Damn, that was an unpleasant surprise...

"You call ME meat, dog?" He growled back at the creature. "Feel free to try me, but know that you face an existence far beyond your comprehension."

I know we haven't figured out the turn order yet. this is just fluff :smallsmile:

Eonn
2016-05-15, 06:05 PM
The creature raises his head a lets out a howl that echoes through the forest. He looks at you and gives you a ferocious grin.

"The pack will be here soon. We'll all eat well tonight."

In case you didn't believe him, a chorus of howls raise from every direction. They don't sound too close, though. At least, not yet.

The worg's got allies coming. You have a few rounds before they show up though.

gremlin-pult
2016-05-17, 02:25 PM
Tharo'Kazz eyed the worg warily for a moment, then smiled lightly.
"Well then, if your pack will be here soon..." He said, sucking in a deep breath that almost made his throat bulge. "I'll just have to kill you now!"

With that said, Tharo'Kazz breathed out an intense cloud of searing acid at his foe, releasing all the might of his breath weapon at once.

Tharo'Kazz spends uses a full round action to spew a maximized Acid breath.
It does 48 acid damage in a 30 ft cone, and the reflex DC to halve it is 25.

Rounds before breath can be used again: [roll0]

Eonn
2016-05-17, 08:56 PM
The worg reels in pain as it got a face full of acid.

"Forget the pack, I'll kill you myself!" He roars, before lunging at your throat.

The worg closes the distance between you two and attacks.

Reflex save: [roll0]

Bite
To hit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

gremlin-pult
2016-05-18, 03:47 AM
Tharo'Kazz let out a pained roar as the worg bit him. His mind reeled at the sheer strength of the beast.
How? How can some mangy dog like this be so strong? I'm a dragon damn it! I will not be denied by this cur!

Hissing with rage and righteous indignation, Tharo'Kazz delved deep into his connection with nature, drawing forth the primal strength of his kind. His teeth grew sharper, his muscles bulged, and his scales thickened.
With a feral, wrathful roar, he launched at the worg, lashing out with all his appendages.

I use a swift action to activate Tharo'Kazz's shapeshift ability to go into predator form.
This gives him +4 to strength and to his natural armor, bringing him to a total of 18 Strength and 29 AC.

Tharo'Kazz then launches a full attack on the Worg, using power attack for -2 to hit and +2 damage.

Bite
attack:[roll0]
crit confirm: [roll1]
Extra crit damage: [roll3]

Claw 1
attack:[roll4]
crit confirm: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Extra crit damage: [roll7]

Claw 2
attack:[roll8]
crit confirm: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]
Extra crit damage: [roll11]

Wing 1
attack:[roll12]
crit confirm: [roll13]
Damage: [roll14]
Extra crit damage: [roll15]

Wing 2
attack:[roll16]
crit confirm: [roll17]
Damage: [roll18]
Extra crit damage: [roll19]

Eonn
2016-05-18, 11:22 AM
"I'll end you!" The worg screams, throwing his all into his next attack.

Bite
[roll0]
[roll1]

crit on 20
[roll2]
[roll3]

gremlin-pult
2016-05-19, 02:53 PM
Tharo'Kazz growls and shows a toothy, feral grin as the worg's attack bounces of his thick scales.
Once more he launches at the beast, whipping out every pointy part of his body toward it.

Tharo'Kazz makes another full attack on the worg. This time without power attack.

Bite
attack:[roll0]
Extra crit damage: [roll3]

Claw 1
attack:[roll4]
crit confirm: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Extra crit damage: [roll7]

Claw 2
attack:[roll8]
crit confirm: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]
Extra crit damage: [roll11]

Wing 1
attack:[roll12]
crit confirm: [roll13]
Damage: [roll14]
Extra crit damage: [roll15]

Wing 2
attack:[roll16]
crit confirm: [roll17]
Damage: [roll18]
Extra crit damage: [roll19]

Eonn
2016-05-20, 01:17 PM
The worg howls in pain from your attack. The beast looks quite horrible now, face marred by acid and a multitude of injuries. It glares at, absolutely loathing you, for a split second before making a break towards the treeline.

The worg is using a withdraw action and moving 80' into the forest.

gremlin-pult
2016-05-20, 03:17 PM
With no intention of letting the prey escape, Tharo'Kazz immediately followed it, launching himself up into the air and towards it with mighty heaves of his wings. Flying a bit above the ground, he charged into the worg before it could get too far into the forest, where it would be too dense for him to follow. With as much speed as he could muster, He smashed into the worg, opening his jaws to bite it.

Tharo'Kazz goes after the beast via flight just a bit above the ground. His flight speed is 150 ft, so it should be no problem for him to charge the worg. And thanks to his "diving charge" feat, this deals 3d6 extra damage.

So, a flying charge-bite. With some power attack, methinks, since the worg probably has it's back towards me. -5 to hit, +5 to damage.
Charge bite
attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll2]
Diving charge damage: [roll3]
crit damage: [roll4]

Eonn
2016-05-23, 09:43 AM
You land hard on the back of the worg. Bones break under your feet even as you go for the kill with razored fangs. You are victorious.

Suddenly, a stick snaps in the forest. For the first time since beginning, you turn you attention away from the fight. A half dozen worgs have appeared in a semicircle, about 100 feet from your position. They take on look at their slain alpha and turn tail.

The worgs are out of your way. Now, what do you do?

gremlin-pult
2016-05-23, 04:21 PM
Heaving a sigh as he watched the worgs flee, Tharo'Kazz released his shapeshifting and returned to his less bulky form.
Wincing slightly at the quite painful wounds the alpha had given him, he clamped his jaws around the corpse and dragged it back to the lake, where he lay down and started to eat. Gulping down his feast with great content, He studied the area more closely as he ate.
"Hmm, yesss, this will make for a fine dwelling..." He muttered to himself. Looking closer at the lake, he pondered where he could best make his lair. "Perhaps establishing a lair with an underwater entrance would be best. Then no nosy critters or people could happen upon it."

After he'd finished his meal, he got up and walked over to the lake's edge. He then plunged his head underwater, and looked around. One never knew if something else that would try to eat him lived in the lake. He didn't expect much, but better safe than sorry.

Eonn
2016-05-24, 09:25 PM
You don't see much alive, besides a few fresh water fish.

The lake is quite deep and the island banks form a steep incline to the bottom. A burrow could, in theory, be built into the natural wall, though it would take some effort.

gremlin-pult
2016-05-25, 08:57 AM
More or less certain that no threat to him lived in the lake, Tharo'Kazz smiled to himself and dove in. He swam around for a while, just enjoying the feel of the water against his scales, before starting to search for a likely place in the deepest part of the lake. If he could dig a tunnel that would then lead underground to a place not underneath the lake, preferably a place with rocky ground above him so it wouldn't collapse, he could dig out a fine lair. With that in mind he swam around. Of course, a natural cave he could widen to suit his purposes would be even better, but he would take what he could get.

Eonn
2016-05-26, 10:21 AM
You do not find anything quite like you are looking for. The river and lake bed are soft and muddy, so they could not support a naturally formed cave opening. You could dig one out yourself, or continue your search upstream.

gremlin-pult
2016-05-26, 01:11 PM
"Ugh, is it too much to ask for one measly cave..." Tharo'Kazz grumbled to himself after returning to the lake surface to stick his head above the water. Looking around, he wondered whether there might be a place of use further upstream...

"Hmm, I'd have preferred to stay here in the lake, but I suppose finding a natural cave is better than having to dig one myself..." He mused. After a moment he decided to look further up after all. Making his own cave did sound like a bit too much of a bother right now.

Eonn
2016-05-28, 05:48 PM
The water flows faster upstream, a result of the ever steepening terrain as you move further into the foothills. You begin to encounter a few small waterfalls about a mile from the lake. They are not large enough to conceal a cave entrance, but it gives you hope for your hidden home. Then, you find it:

A waterfall, where the river comes crashing down from nearly a hundred foot drop. Surely enough, the years of falling water had eroded away the rock at the base of falls, resulting in a concealed cave behind the torrent.

The cave itself is not that large, only about 30 feet deep and 20 feet wide. There are a few inches of water on the ground, and everything that isn't under water is covered in a thick layer of moss. Still, this will likely be the only thing like this in the area.