PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How do i use a ladder?

ShiningCrusader
2016-05-11, 09:11 PM
Hi everyone, so i'm looking at the lamplighter Investigator class today and thought i'd give it a try. (i change my mind each day on what to play, but whatever)

so the campaign isn't all combat and character fluff is more important than stats. so obviously a lamplight needs a ladder to light lamps, but what if i take it one step further and made the ladder his weapon? my question is can it be done? catch off guard is a good start, but what then? what feats do i take?

ZeroiaSD
2016-05-11, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone, so i'm looking at the lamplighter Investigator class today and thought i'd give it a try. (i change my mind each day on what to play, but whatever)

so the campaign isn't all combat and character fluff is more important than stats. so obviously a lamplight needs a ladder to light lamps, but what if i take it one step further and made the ladder his weapon? my question is can it be done? catch off guard is a good start, but what then? what feats do i take?

Hm, it seems like it'd be a reach weapon. Getting Trip and grapple feats seems a natural.

I'd use the stats for a Crook (perhaps a Large sized one?), and then watch a Jackie Chan movie.

AoiEMT
2016-05-12, 12:11 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/battle-ladder

So a 1d6/1d6 double weapon with trip.

But it is exotic... despite this being a premade weapon I'd go with the above poster's idea for a little more fun and versatility.

Also, throwing returning distance ladder just for the hilarious image.

Geddy2112
2016-05-12, 12:26 AM
For an improvised ladder, catch off guard and improved/greater trip is probably what you want. You could go with grapple as well. I would suggest power attack for using a 2 handed weapon. Likewise, there are plenty of really strong talents for any investigator so using a feat to get an extra couple is never a bad idea.

Also, the lamplighter is a pretty strong combat investigator, as you get the ability to add inspiration to initiative free(bonkers) and get intelligence and dex to initiative. You want improved initiative

ShiningCrusader
2016-05-12, 08:14 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/battle-ladder

So a 1d6/1d6 double weapon with trip.

But it is exotic... despite this being a premade weapon I'd go with the above poster's idea for a little more fun and versatility.

Also, throwing returning distance ladder just for the hilarious image.

wow.. i didn't know they had a pre-made ladder weapon. should i go for the battle ladder or a real ladder? also if its for a medium character would the battle ladder size increase to say 10ft? or is it still a 4ft ladder?

AoiEMT
2016-05-12, 11:31 AM
wow.. i didn't know they had a pre-made ladder weapon. should i go for the battle ladder or a real ladder? also if its for a medium character would the battle ladder size increase to say 10ft? or is it still a 4ft ladder?

My guess is it wounder be closer to 7ft. Since 4ft isn't a whole lot taller than a gnome.

I'm still suggesting go with the previous posters suggestion and just refluff another weapon with better stats.

ShiningCrusader
2016-05-12, 02:25 PM
My guess is it wounder be closer to 7ft. Since 4ft isn't a whole lot taller than a gnome.

I'm still suggesting go with the previous posters suggestion and just refluff another weapon with better stats.

yeah ..looking it over now and i think using catch off guard with a real ladder might be better. 1. i can still use catch off guard with other items. 2. it would at least have the same stats as a battle ladder, if not better considering it might have the reach quality.