PDA

View Full Version : Tempered Snow

AlanBruce
2016-05-11, 09:24 PM
@Johann & Dietrich: It's a rough slide down an icy slope as Mug lands on his wooden buttocks and grunts as he gets up and looks around with all of you.

The trees have ben cleared from this area and in place, stands a magnificent stone bridge held by mighty chains and two stone colossi that hold each, immutable as you walk over the structure and watch your reflection on the frozen moat below you.

Tall proud banners flap against the northern winds. These depict a black sword and axe, crossed and with a white mountain behind it on a red back drop.

The immense colosseum that is Vallantheim towers with its gigantic open portcullis as the sounds of battle can be heard inside, as well as mighty explosions and the howls of a wolf.

Silas stands a prudent distance away from the door, his back turned to you as a young armored man confers with him and Enigma caws and flies towards Johann, causing Justcrown's mage to panic, if only for a few seconds.

"Enigma! Don't go..oh. OH! Johann! You made it here! Ambassador Dietrich! Duke Pottsdorff will be happy to know you are alive. How has your trek gone in this forest so far?""

Silas walks up to you as he hoists a heavy backpack behind him and uses his staff for support as the younger man takes it off his shoulders and puts it on his armored back.

Silas shakes both of your hands as Enigma lands on Johann's shoulder and caws directly at his ear, a sign of disapproval at being left behind in the snow.

"He certainly missed you. This forest is not bereft of danger. There is a reason I retired years ago! Winter wolves, trolls, giants, fey of all kind. It's madness here. They just pop everywhere! And now, we have that mad arena beyond that...""

The man beside Silas clears his throat as the wizard gestures to him.

"Where are my manners: Ambassador Dietrich, Johann Crawford, this is Reintse Lacore. Reintse has lived here for well over a year and is well trained in the art of the blade, just like you, ambassador.""

http://cache.biotaur.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/soulmanifester.jpg

"The pleasure is all mine. Johann and Dietrich. I have been training with Casyllyn for awhile, but my father's travels took me to different lands before, so I have dabbled a little here and there in different styles....

Bushido is one, that I, regrettably, never learned.""
The man shakes both of your hands. A firm grip. To be expected from a warrior such as he and the sound of battle continues inside as Reintse looks at the gigantic portcullis.

"We arrived not too long ago. We almost took a detour to a place called Helheim, but Gigglemug advised us not to head there. Not the two of us, at least. Right now, Uwellyn is headed here, Silas sent for her a few hours ago and mentioned we should wait for her... but she isn't here yet.""

Silas looks at the immense structure and then back at both.

"Xander, Adalyse and a half fey by the name of Raine went to Gloomheim. I am aware that they deposed their entire court. I was under the impression they were headed to Kinderheim, but I have been unable to reach Xander or Raine.""

Chimaera
2016-05-11, 10:18 PM
Johann look at the are a and at the formidable man with Silas. So this was Rentsie.

"Pleased to meet you. I'm master Johann, painter and part-time mage. Cassylin and Uwellyn told me about you as someone who trained... Something. Can't really remember. Maybe a fey knight? Not sure"

He pets Enigma and smile to see his friend safe and sound.
"Thanks for taking care of it for me. Hope it didnt steal any shinning coin or gem, right?", he looks at the mage and smiles. It's a warm smile, but one that doesnt last much. " Aenar and the others are solving a problem in Lugenheim. Apparently whoever rule that palace is keeping Xander and Adelyse imprisonned there. But I thought it would be better to come here and help you guys", he keep petting Enigma and adds, And I was missing my good girl here".

He proceed to introduce Mug Ruth, "This is Mug Ruth, Guardian of Moruga Swamp and a woodling druid blessed by Arralae herself. He's a nice guy".

"Mug, this is Enigma, my familiar raven. It loves shinning things and can lecture about the arcane almost like me", he look to Silas, "And this is Silas, a good friend of mine and devout to Delleb. He and Xander are the main reasons I'm stuck in this cold winter during my vacation".

Once the introductions were made, he loom at the arena.
" Whi rules over Vallentheim? Do you havea plan?"

He grabs his relic rod and protect himself aggainst spells and then cast a spell to create a safe extradimensional pocket for Enigma.

"You'll be safe and warm inside"

Familiar Pocket and Lesser Spell Turning

AlanBruce
2016-05-11, 10:51 PM
@Johann: Reintse blushes and scratches his head.

"I uh... yeah. I did train under Casyllyn. Some training from the old Seelie Courts. Nothing too extraordinary, I can assure you. But you say you're a painter? My father was an artist too. Used to live here, in these very woods... a Guardian to Arrallae.""

Reintse looks up at the sky and towards the shining beacon that has become the Goddess of the Fey Woods.

"I never did commit myself to her like my father, but she is protecting these woods and beyond, so it is my duty to protect her as well. It is what he would have wanted.""

Silas walks up to Mug and studies him by walking around the marsh hermit, who raises a mossy eyebrow.

"Why are you walking around me, mage?""

Justcrown's finest wizard shakes with giddiness.

"I have seen many amazing flora and fauna in these woods, but a woodling? Well, this is remarkable! Wizard experiment? Perhaps druidic magic gone amazingly awry? Wait... some divine spell? I would love for you to come to my school once this is over. I had a drow once and...""

Mug sighs and walks past all of you, leaving Silas in mid sentence as your colleague looks at you and raises an eyebrow.

"What did I say?""

Reintse bows to Mug as he walks past all of you.

"Mug Ruith is a hermit, master Silas. I was told by Casyllyn that Arrallae blessed him into the form you see today. He isn't much for conversation, so please- let us keep academics for later.""

Enigma looks at Silas as you pet her and Justcrown's mage smiles as he grips his own staff.

"No coins I have seen amongst her feathers... unless you taught her to be as tricky as you. So aenar anbd the others are in Lugenheim.... I do not know who rules here, Johann. Reintse mentioned that it was called the Hall of Champions. According to Casyllyn, only the bravest were allowed to fight here during the last Eternal Winter, much to Windemere's entertainment. From the sounds of battle inside, we should expect a full on brawl.""

@The Party: With as many protections as you can muster, you pass the great arch leading towards Vallantheim.

The first thing that catches you eye is the sheer scope of this place.

Rather than sand, like in a typical arena, there is snow, which should not be surprising by now.

The stands are littered with frozen statues of great Unseelie warriors of old. Amongst them, you can see Nemain, her halberd raised and the entire statue covered in ice.

But it isn't Windemere's Blade who fights here right now... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlyezfWe1_Y)

Dozens of Winter Knights and a few trolls lie on the snow, bloodied and crush as Mug and Reintse freeze in their tracks, with mug actually dripping sap from beneath his mossy tunic as a tremendous storm lifts the Unseelie and drops them on the stands, bringing down several statues as a group of ten pile drive upon a lone figure for a few seconds, before all of them are blown away and a mighty figure flexes his muscles as he spits blood on the ground:

http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/20/640x482_5197_Skinshifter_2d_fantasy_elf_mage_portr ait_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

He bears the trappings of a druid, that much is clear, but as his eyes lock on all of you, both Reintse and Mug take a few steps back as a howl from across the arena causes you to look at a horse sized beast:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bc/8b/5b/bc8b5b122a2267ab3fd74dfb3f7a325b.jpg

Mug and Reintse look at the druid and stutter in unison:

"B...B..Balion?! What is HE doing here?""

Know. Religion

Balion cracks his knuckles and points at all of you.

"If you spirits sent from the Unseelie Courts... I shall not forgive you!""

Chimaera
2016-05-12, 12:03 AM
"Do you know him?", Johann ask and study both the man and the beast.

[roll0]

"No, wrong court!", he shouts back looking at the man who is singlehandly taking on all ten knights.

AlanBruce
2016-05-12, 12:36 AM
@Johann: Mug takes a few steps back as the man begins punching the Unseelie with his bare fists.

An enormous scythe the size of an ogre lies a few feet away from him, but the winter Knights dare not approach it.

"That is Old Balion! The former Guardian of the Fey Woods. When I came here over a year ago, he was the most dangerous threat to this forest. He is one of the reasons why I hid in Moruga! The man is insane and lethal!""

Reintse places his hand on Mug's shoulder and watches the Unseelie get beaten down by fist alone, s a few launch orbs at Balion and these simply bounce off his body.

"My father told me about him...

Jacob is the Eternal Archer, always by Arrallae's side.

My father was the Wandering Minstrel, who built the Great Seal to protect her.

But amongst her Guardians, it was Balion who was always considered the strongest and bravest of them all. Arrallae is said to have recognized his Strength and Courage and gifted him with the power to protect the entire forest. That was, of course, over three hundred years ago. Then, he went mad.... and was put down.

I know this because when I came to help the Fey Woods from him and Kazym, I challenged him to the Right of Protection, but in the end, I chose to keep the Western Coven safe while Alexander, Archaidous and many others braved his trials. A bloody battle is said to have ensued and in Arrallae's arms, Balion left this earthly plane... but why is he here now?""

And then it begins to make sense.

There are some beings who, even in death, can return when a special task is needed. Like Adalyse, they are not alive.

Unlike Adalyse, it is not negative Energy that fuels them. Instead, they are powered by Positive Energy. These beings have a very limited lifespan in the material, called only in grave circumstances by higher powers.

They are known as the Deathless.

You then call out to Balion, stating that you are from the wrong court as the Old Guardian punches the last Unseelie clear across the arena and whistles for his enormous wolf to come by his side as he picks up the gigantic scythe and mounts the green beast and rides up to all of you.

His face is stern and bloodied. There is no semblance of joy in this one as he grips the scythe with a single hand and looks down at all of you, fixing his eyes on Reintse.

"I smell Lacore's stench in you, boy... you have grown. And is that the hermit Mug Ruith? You became a woodling. As for the rest of you...""

Silas stretches his hand towards Balion as the wolf snarls and your colleague puts it down.

"Silas Spencer, Justcrown mage. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. You already know Mug and Reintse. This is Dietrich and Johann, a mage as well.""

Balion dismounts from his wolf and walks up to you.

The man is an entire foot taller than you and his massive frame towers above yours as he keens his eyes and looks at you.

"You carry her memento, Johann. I can feel it. Freely given, too. I was called to help. As her Guardian, it is my duty to protect her, but if you are here and you claim not to serve this Court of Sorrows, then...""

At that moment, the entire arena begins to shake and rumble as Balion's wolf barks at the opposite end of the icy stadium as four gigantic beasts break through, nearly causing the statues to topple:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/62/b5/65/62b565b78f2efde43f6d89fefa2b6289.jpg

These beasts carry tremendous great axes, similar to those the Frost giants wield, but these guys seem a lot stronger as icicles form around their heavy fur.

From the stands leap down ten Winter Knights as they all laugh and bellow as some of Windemere's soldiers begin to gather arcane power between their hands.

Balion walks to the side of the wall and leans against it as his wolf lays on the ground beside him.

"... then prove it! I have already exercised myself this morning. If you have made it this far, taking out this chaff should not be a problem.""

@Dietrich & Johann: Silas, Reintse and Mug get spell and blade ready as the assortment of monsters begin to scatter around the frozen arena.

Balion is not even going to participate in this fight, but if you are in the Hall of Champions, perhaps this is a test to see how good you are...

And a chance to deliver yet another mighty blow to Windemere.

Round 1

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172647)

The Party
Minotaur Champions x 4
Winter Knights x 10

Ricedaddy
2016-05-12, 06:52 AM
Dietrich watches the emergence of the Winter Knights and the giant minotaurs, hands going to blade hilts instinctively. Survey their formation, he sees the risk of charging alone or going to the middle and getting swarmed. Turning to his companions, he points to the left and says, "Stick together and let's see if we can bring down that big nasty up there before too many of his friends can join."

With that, he jogs briskly towards the minotaur champion to his left, stopping about halfway and readying a defensive attack until his allies being moving to catch up.

Move action towards Minotaur Champion 1, stopping about halfway or at the limit of a single move action. Ready an attack with the +3 Flaming Katana should any enemy come within five feet.

Chimaera
2016-05-12, 10:33 AM
Johann looks at the winter knight and move along with Dietrich, but staying behind cause, well, he's a mage.

"Stay close. My hand is itching for a Vortex of Teeth", he says to his allies and look the enemies so far away, " But first... To take care of those pesky winter knights...".

He wave his hand as the shadows of the winter knights and of one of the minotaur champions grow in size and swallow them into a shadowy pit.

Making 11 10ft-cubes below all the winter knights and on one minotaur.

Read the spell today again and it never mention it have to be continuous, which makes it more amazing.

Duration is Concentration plus 11 rounds.
Will save DC 23 or fall prone and be unable to act. If attacked they get free. Once the effect end (be it by duration expiring or by being attacked), they get dazed for one round.

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172684)

(It shows both Johann and Dietrich movement).

AlanBruce
2016-05-12, 03:56 PM
@Johann: The enemies are many, but you are already used to dealing with large crowds by now.

It worked several days ago with Gan Ceann's forces, so they should work this time as well.

And so, weaving a complex illusion, you have the snow crack open beneath the knight's feet as very few of them fall for your trick as they drop top the ground and claw for their miserable lives.

Balion keeps his arms crossed and leans against the wall while his gigantic wolf twitches an ear, but remains prone himself.

"It better kill them, Johann... it doesn't seem like it did much.""

@Dietrich: Swamps where your body sank and was dragged beneath while your allies struggled to fight for their lives and yours was a mess, to say the least.

But in this arena, your footing is stable- the same cannot be said for some of those Winter Knights swallowed by Johann's spell.

You have seen the mage pull that trick before and those on the ground should b easy pickings, but you are still too far away as you unsheathe your flaming blade and move forward, keeping your eyes on the gigantic minotaur as this one readies himself by gripping his axe with both hands and lowers his head, displaying his horns.

At that moment, Silas moves towards you and places his hand on your shoulder, causing a massive increase in size as you swell to match that of your horned contender.

"This should give you an even ground, Dietrich.""

Enlarge Person

@The Party: Reintse watches Silas transmute Dietrich into a giant and turns the buckle on his belt, increasing his size similarly as he moves forward, shield and longsword in hand, eyeing the enemies nd adopting a particular warrior's stance as the ground around him becomes emblazoned with sigils representing swords.

"We can either wait here or go after them, but getting swarmed does not sound like a good idea.""

Mug Ruith looks at Balion, who keeps his arms crossed and gives the Marsh hermit a harsh glare, causing the woodling to move away from the Guardian and calling on the powers of Moruga, as his wooden hands turn to sharp claws.

Bite of the Weretiger

That's when each of the minotaurs stamps their hooves on the ground, causing the entire arena to shake as their body mass quadruples in size and their eyes become white with sheer rage.

You have heard of these type of barbarians. Going beyond extraordinary strength in the name of reckless Frenzy as one of them charges Reintse, cutting him three times with his great axe, as Casyllyn's pupil dodges the gore and he retaliates with his own blade, digging it deep into the beast's chest...

The minotaur is so battle hardened, he hasn't even felt the pain! Although the wound is there.

As for Reintse, he has been seriously wounded: These monsters can hit hard, but their current condition makes them easy targets to a well placed blade.

It just comes down to who can hit harder.

@Dietrich: One of the minotaurs has also called on monstrous reserves of strength as it moves towards you, but unable to charge like his brother did against Reintse, still manages to cleave you on the shoulder.

Because of Silas's spell and your own training, this should give you a chance to retaliate.

39 damage

Round 2

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172699)

The Party
Minotaur Champions x 4
Winter Knights x 10

Ricedaddy
2016-05-12, 06:15 PM
Dietrich rapidly grows in size, then grunts as the axe finds a gap in his armor and cuts deep. With a low growl, he intends to make the minotaur feel the sharper edge of his blade.

Action: Full attack w/ Flaming katana & Wazikashi

Katana Attack 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2]
Wazikashi Attack1: [roll3] Damage: [roll4]
Katana Attack 2: [roll5] Damage: [roll6] plus [roll7]
Wazikashi Attack 2: [roll8] Damage: [roll9]
Katana Attack 3: [roll10] Damage: [roll11] plus [roll12]

(Been a while since I used 2-weapon fighting. I double checked the bonuses and think I have everything right)

Chimaera
2016-05-12, 08:15 PM
With two minotaurs close to his allies, Johann cast an evocation to both defense and offense, covering everyone in a layer of fire.

Take galf damage by cold based attacks and enemies striking us take 1d6+11 fire damage

"Just keep watching", he answers Balion's comment.

AlanBruce
2016-05-12, 09:18 PM
@Dietrich: These beasts can hit hard...

But you can hit harder!

The Knights Dispatch of Keoland were brought together for this such purpose- to eliminate any threats to King and Country.

Every single blade you expertly slice meets its mark, with the fiery ones burning just a tad more as the monster bellows in pain and his blood drips on the snowy arena.

The buffalo heaves heavily and vomits a large amount of blood,m but the Frenzy in his eyes has not diminished...

He is enjoying this!

@Johann: You wink at Balion, who remains leaning against the south wall and douse yourself and your comrades in arcane fire, which causes Mug to shriek as Silas smiles and shakes his head.

"It's alright! The burn is for them, not you! Capital idea, Johann! I had forgotten the good old days as an adventurer myself. There is one spell that I was unable to use in class...""

Silas walks away from Dietrich and rubs his chin in thought as he makes some mental calculations.

Mug is twenty feet away. If we calculate trajectory and burst, I should be able to maximize efficiency and...yes. That should do it.

And after a few seconds deliberating, Silas rubs a small pebble of guano between his index and thumb as he intones a quick arcane incantation and fires a tiny ember pellet past Mug Ruith, landing between three Winter Knights and one of the Minotaurs as the monsters watch the pulsating gem on the ground for a few seconds before the entire arena of Vallantheim explodes in a magnificent ball of fire, causing the Unseelie and the horned gladiator to screech and bellow in pain as Mug gulps, the fireball burning inches away from his mossy beard.

Silas rubs his hands clean from the guano and smiles smugly.

"I calculated the trajectory, my woodling friend. You would not be caught in the blast... although it wasn't as efficient as I had thought...hmmm.""

Reintse laughs as the beast readies his great axe and looks at the monster in front of him.

"I have to admit: that hurt. I would be totally dead by now... yes. Kudos, minotaur.""

Reintse cracks his neck and you watch a metal choker alight in green light as his muscles bulge around his blade and shield, causing his legs to sink in the snow from the monstrous strength he has gathered with such a simple gesture.

Casyllyn's Pupil's blade begins to gather golden light as his eyes blaze with it and the minotaur is punished by Celestial and Fey might.

Every single slash from Reintse burns the beast brutally! The surge of strength he has gathered and a clear paladin training has the minotaur in front of him gasping for air as he bleeds from the many wounds and deep gashes.

Reintse exhales hot air and holds to his blade.

"...but I am not dead. And you are not killing me nor anyone here, beast. You wish to meet your end in an arena? So be it.""

@Dietrich: Mug Ruith watches the burnt but still alive beasts Silas blew up and moves towards you and Reintse.

"Bring them down quickly!""

And having said that, Mug waves his wooden hand around his chest as a green snake sigil appears on your hand, biting you into action.

Mass Snake's Swiftness

Balion watches everyone give it their all and smiles, if only a little as his gigantic wolf stands up and joins in watching the fight.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172714)

Ricedaddy
2016-05-12, 09:25 PM
Dietrich hurts the giant, and as he is pulling his blades inter a centered stance, he see an opportunity to make a single, quick strike.

Power attack: -2/+2

[roll0] Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2]
Threatens on 35+

AlanBruce
2016-05-12, 09:51 PM
@Dietrich: The blade cuts beautifully across the beast's torso.

Reintse manages to cut his own opponent a few feet away, but both remain alive!

@The Party: Casyllyn's Pupil breathes heavily as the minotaur tries to swing the impossibly heavy axe, but Reintse dodges every single blow with his shield...

It's a brutal gore that impales Reintse as his eyes widen and the minotaur smiles triumphant...

If only for a few seconds before Johann's spell takes effect and the behemoth is engulfed in arcane fire and drops very much dead in the arena.

Steiner's son looks at the wound on his chest and smiles as he looks at all of you.

"I'm ok!"

@Dietrich: The beast with you is still standing as he bellow in pure seething anger and brings his blade down upon you twice.

32 damage

36 damage

And like Reintse's foe, this one also becomes engulfed in Johann's flames, but it isn't enough to drop this behemoth.

And then, as if that weren't bad enough, the minotaur at the far end of the arena comes stampeding towards you, horns low, axe high.

Silas watches you bleed from the prior attacks and thinks quickly, tilting back his head and gritting his teeth.

"Dietrich! Do not resist....!!!!""

And engulfed in white arcane light, you disappear and reappear further down the arena....

Silas moved you! He has rearranged where you stood as a poor Unseelie Knight disappears and takes your place in the minotaur's rampaging path.

The creature goes splat as the Minotaur, unable to contain momentum, utterly destroys his comrade.

@Johann: Clever Silas.

He used the Celerity and Baleful Transposition trick. Of course, Dietrich should be able to handle the Winter Knight yonder, but your colleague is utterly dazed as the burnt minotaur from his blast rushes up to him and uses every conceivable ounce of strength to bring the axe down on Justcrown's finest mage, nearly cleaving him in two.

Your spell has hurt the minotaur, but the return investment is far from equal...

Silas is almost dead and who knows if he can survive another onslaught like that.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172719)

Round 3

The Party
Minotaur Champions x 3
Winter Knights x 9

Chimaera
2016-05-12, 10:36 PM
With Silas disabled for the next few seconds, Johann cast a dimensional spell to rearrange his allies, putting then back into a more close configuration.

Moving Mug, Rentsie and Silas

"Mug! Heal Silas when you can. Rentsie, take care of those minotaurs".

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172720)

AlanBruce
2016-05-13, 02:44 AM
@Johann: These minotaurs can sure be devastating!

How could anyone best these beasts? Balion sure is not getting involved in the fight- neither is his green dog, but he did mention they are simply "chaff".

If these are the simple minions in Vallantheim, who knows what rules over this bloody colliseum?

And Silas, who had saved Dietrich from death was now at the brink of it himself...

As a wizard, the options open to you are endless. To alter reality at your whim...

And there is no better time than now.

Bringing your runestaff down in the ground and intoning the arcane words of power, you move Reintse, Mug, and Silas next to each other as you begin commanding orders/

Mug Ruith looks at the bloody wizard and places his wooden hand on him.

"This is the only one I have left for the day... get the wizard away from these minotaurs! I will face them directly now!""

And having said that, a powerful spell surges through Silas as his bleeding stops entirely, but even unharmed, your colleague is still dazed from having saved Dietrich.

If any of those beasts or the Winter Knights get close to him, he may not survive!

@The Party: Reintse looks at you and then at the Minotaurs, gripping his blade and sacrificing accuracy for brute strength.

"I will handle the big ones. Dietrich! Take care of the Winter Knights!""

And having said that, Reintse, true to his training under Casyllyn, brings down one of the minotaurs hurt by Dietrich and manages to cut the other that killed his own ally, but not enough to bring him down.

"Stay close to me, everyone- I can protect you. Barring that, go help Dietrich with the Unseelie over there!""

Balion keeps relaxed against the wall as he sharpens his scythe.

"Solid team work you have there, Johann. But there still are many opponents left in the arena. What do you plan to do?""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172724)

The Party
Minotaur Champions x 2
Winter Knights x 9

Ricedaddy
2016-05-13, 07:00 AM
I don't think I can take another hit like that last one. Wait, the belt!

After a quick fumble trying to activate the belt, Dietrich feels a surge of restoration go through him. He then shifts his position away from the minotaurs, following Reintse's suggestion. He's now in position to take out some of his pain on a winter knight.

Only 29hp left, with Mug using his last healing already time to buy a few rounds extra.

Standard action: activate belt of healing, all three charges [roll0] hp recovered

Move action: Move as seen here: Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172736)

AlanBruce
2016-05-13, 10:04 PM
@Dietrich: If that beast had gotten to you...

Silas did a very noble sacrifice by placing himself in danger, but you;re not out of the woods yet as you move away from any of the minotaur's charging paths and activate your newly acquired belt, knitting a few of your wounds back as you move towards the very prone and defenseless Winter Knights.

One of them, however, has a clear path towards you and gripping a blade in one hand, charges towards you, trailing ice along the trail.

You tough armor prevents the Winter Knight from actually striking you, as an orb of solid ice flies over your head and another moves a cautionary distance from you, his hands covered in arcane frost.

But this poor soul who charged towards you...

He has forgotten a valuable lesson- never attack an enemy larger than you unless you have a clear advantage.

vs. Winter Knight 7

@The Party: Both Mug and Reintse are bashed in and in the hermit's case, gored brutally by both Minotaur Champions as Silas holds his head in wretched pain after casting the mighty celerity spell.

Mug may have saved Silas, but even with Johann's fiery protection and both beasts brutally harmed, Moruga's Guardian may not survive another onslaught like this.

Round 4

@The Party: Reintse grips his blade and looks at all of you.

"Stay behind me! Johann, if you see a window of opportunity, take it! Keep Mug Ruith safe!""

Casyllyn's Pupil retaliates on the Minotaur Champion and although every single blade connects and the beast bellows in pain and his blood gushes forth on the snow...

He isn't going down!

Mug's body cracks in different places, his wooden shell barely able to contain the punishment from the axe.

"Keep yourself safe, boy! There is still fight left in me!""

And channeling the raw strength of the Tiger, Mug ruith claws at the beast's knees and even bites into him as the Minotaur bellows in pain, but even Mug's tremendous druidic strength isn't enough to fell the monster!

With Dietrich further ahead and Silas dazed, how to take down these two before they cut you all down?

Map
(http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172776)

The Party
Minotaur Champions x 2
Winter Knights x 9

Chimaera
2016-05-13, 10:21 PM
Johann look at the minotaurs still alive and wonder how to end those quickly and be able to save his allies.

After a quick ponderation, he decide that they need reinforcements and, using the powers of his mysterious robe he summon forth celestial beings: half eagle half lions.

Summoning [roll0] Ceestial Griffons

Will post again once I know the number

Chimaera
2016-05-13, 10:31 PM
Being called on this gigantic arena seems glorious in the eye of the griffons, specially if it is to smite the evil who plague the Material.

Hearing the call of the wizard called Johann, three celestial griffons fly through the void between the planes and appear around the enraged minotaur.

The first griff attack with righteous fury.
Smite Evil Bite [roll0] dmg [roll1]
1st Claw [roll2] dmg [roll3]
2nd Claw [roll4] dmg [roll5]

This is the griffon beside Silas.

THe second one continue with the celestial onslaught.
SHpuld the first one kill its target, he'll charge the other minoutaur.
If that's the case, he'll get an Aoo and (if survive, he have 59 hp) will attack with 2 rakes.
He can only use rakes when pouncing, so if the first minotaur survive ignore the rakes.

Smite Evil Bite [roll6] dmg [roll7]
1st Claw [roll8] dmg [roll9]
2nd Claw [roll10] dmg [roll11]

The third griffon follow suit with its brothers, bringing Heaven's punishment on those evildoers.
Should the second one kill the first target, he'll charge the other minoutaur.
If that's the case, he'll get an Aoo and (if survive, he have 59 hp) will attack with 2 rakes.
He can only use rakes when pouncing, so if the first minotaur survive ignore the rakes.

Smite Evil Bite [roll12] dmg [roll13]
1st Claw [roll14] dmg [roll15]
2nd Claw [roll16] dmg [roll17]

Johann watch the celestial summons attacking, but remain cautious, ready to move his allies away should the enemies survive.

Move Silas, Rentsie and Mug should the minotaurs survive and attack them

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172777)

Will be rolled in the OOC since I forgot, duh!

AlanBruce
2016-05-13, 10:58 PM
@Johann: Last time you had to summon, it was for Humbert and Dietrich to take the fight to Decarabia in the air.

But this time, the enemy is grounded, which makes it easier.

Calling on the power of the heavens once more, three portals appear beside the Minotaur closest to Silas and Mug as a heavenly screech echoes through the arena at Vallantheim, Hall of Champions.

The Winter Knights further down look at the skies and the Minotaurs grip their axes as three majestic griffons break through to your reality, as their claws and beaks alight with heavenly Fury and claw and peck at the gladiatorial behemoth, blood and feathers flying everywhere...

The minotaur never stood a chance as his body drops on the snow and his lone brother watches the new enemies, but keeps his sights on Reintse.

Balion claps once and nods.

"That's a good show, Johann! I am impressed! You would've made a fine Guardian.""

Silas begins to feel the effects of the celerity wear off and smiles at you.

"Thank you, Johann. This arena reminds me of my days back in Erelhei Cinlu. If we survive this, remind me to tell you the story sometime.""

Mug pants as copious amounts of sap bleed off his wooden body.

"Saved by a bird... who knew?""

Map
(http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172782)

The Party
Minotaur Champion
Winter Knights x 9

Ricedaddy
2016-05-13, 11:38 PM
From the direction of the others Dietrich hears a loud thud, like a body hitting a hard surface with its full weight.

I hope that's a good thud. Well, time to cull the herd.

Full Round Attack
Power attack: -3/+3

Targeting Winter Knight 7 first, if/when he drops target becomes Winter Knight 4 (10ft reach Enlarge Person)

Katana Attack 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2] fire
Wazikashi Attack 2: [roll3] Damage: [roll4]
Katana Attack 3: [roll5] Damage: [roll6] plus [roll7] fire
Wazikashi Attack 4: [roll8] Damage: [roll9]
Katana Attack 5: [roll10] Damage: [roll11] plus [roll12] fire

AlanBruce
2016-05-14, 01:55 AM
@Dietrich: What seemed like impossible odds at first is truly turning into providence!

That young boy, Reintse, he sure can fight. And with Johann calling beasts from beyond, Silas moving you out of harm's way and even Mug fighting tooth and nail, you just might get to best the warriors in Vallantheim.

But the one who rules here has yet to reveal himself. Balion mentioned these were chaff... runts of the litter.

Time to clean up the chaff, then!

Jacob sure crafted a fine weapon for you as the Winter Knight is cleanly separated in two, his upper body sliding perfectly as his eyes widen in disbelief and the Unseelie hits the ground with a gratuitous splat.

Then, you fix your eyes on the prone Knight.

If he had the opportunity, he'd do the same to you. They chose to fight here in this arena...and here they will meet their demise.

It's hardly a challenge, as your wakizashi and katana end the Winter Knight's life and this one dies, forever believing he was falling into a trench.

@Johann: Your summons have done just as you expected, but that one minotaur remains and, although badly hurt, he can still potentially kill any of you.

And as the beast is about to bring his axe down on Reintse, you tilt your head backwards and call on the power of the Cosmos itself, uttering an arcane yell as Mug, Silas and Reintse disappear in white light and reappear several feet away, causing the beast to destroy the ground, causing the entire arena to shudder.

@Dietrich: Two Winter Knights look at each other and nod as they keen their eyes behind their helmets and raise their hands to the skies, absorbing the frost from the air and coalescing it into spheres of ice which both hurl at you with great accuracy.

17 cold damage

19 cold damage

@The Party: Two more Winter Knights move a prudent distance from Reintse, Mug and Silas as they too conjure ice orbs.

One strikes Silas in the chest, hurting him badly, but not as bad as the Minotaur.

The other one strikes Reintse in the face as the Unseelie laughs triumphant.

Casyllyn's pupil cleans the ice shards from his face and smiles as he grips his blade.

"You believe my mentor did not anticipate your Court using such tricks? Your cold will not hurt me, Unseelie. But I can hurt you!""

Round 5

@Johann: You watch your gryphons and get ready to order them to finish off the Minotaur, when a screech high above causes everyone to look up as a beautiful eagle spreads his wings and flies over the coliseum.

The eagle circles a good distance above the minotaur and screeches as the bird becomes engulfed in fire and swoops down on the gladiator, becoming a a pillar of sacred fire, causing the beast to roar in pain as the eagle flies out of the pillar and resumes its flight over the arena, causing the behemoth to drop dead.

That was a Flamestrike Spell!

Reintse looks at the remaining Winter Knights and sighs.

"Well... the main threats are gone. Getting rid of these should not be a problem. Silas, you have been hurt, have you not? What about you, Mug?""

Mug Ruith checks his very battered body and nods.

"A couple of scratches here and there, but I can still fight.... why?""

Reintse covers the gap between the Unseelie Knight and the others and uses all his strength to cleave the Winter Knight in two, causing his sacred blade, given by Casyllyn during his training to glow as Mug's wounds are healed substantially.

"Now I think you can fight a little better. let's mop these guys up, shall we. Dietrich! Need any help over there?""

Silas takes out a shard from his many pockets and squeezes it in his hands as he looks at the Winter Knight that hit him.

"A very useful conjuration, fey. I myself teach such spells back home, but only the theory, rarely do I have a chance to go into practice. I, unlike your kind, do not have an affinity for hurting children...""

Silas' hand begins to glow with tremendous purple arcane power as he directs his index at the Unseelie.

"But in the end, I am more of a classic type of mage. Rarely do I like to use the more obscure spells. A traditionalist if you will, I like to stick to the basics: Magic Missile.""

And what a blast! There is a reason Silas is considered the top mage in the duchy as the Unseelie is hit by several bolts of raw arcane power and is thrown by the sheer blast against the wall, embedding himself on it and falling face first on the snow.

Mug Ruith watches the Winter Knights close at hand being dispatched by blade and spell and rushes towards the two blasting Dietrich.

"Let me give you a hand, samurai. This did not work against Decarabia, but I am quite certain it will bring these fools down.""

And having said that, Mug concentrates and opens his palm, causing a tiny cactus to bloom as he juggls the round thorny seed in his hand and tosses it at both Winter Knights, with one of them being impaled by the sudden volley and coughing non stop.

The other one is struck as well and both are barely standing, but it should give you a chance to finish them off quicker now.

@The Party: Balion looks up at the eagle and frowns.

"Took you long enough!""

The eagle looks down at Arrallae's Guardian and screeches in what can only be described as a rude response.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172788)

The Party
Winter Knights x 5

Ricedaddy
2016-05-14, 08:17 AM
"Help killing them? No. Help not getting killed myself? Gods, yes! I don't suppose any of you are secretly a cleric, eh?" Dietrich grunts as a spiked cactus seed flies not far from his head. He hopes that direct help can come from the others, but a samurai knows the most reliable ally is a good sword. Time to fight.

Two notes: I'm at 24hp with no effective self healing left. Also, I can't get the map to load the character tokens so I have no knowledge of who is where. That said, I think Dietrich will delay until after Johann acts so that I might get a working map link and not be flying blind.

Chimaera
2016-05-14, 08:22 AM
As the minotaur is about to cut his allies down, Johann doesnt even catch his precious watch.
It all happens in a blur, as his allies are moved away from the minotaur and Johann sit in the arena's snow, his mind lost somewhere in past of future. He wonder if someday he may not get back and remainforever lost, but right now he's more interesed in giving himself time to recover.

His griffons are ready to action though.
Flying with their golden wings they get ready to pounce the last enemies.

I'm trying but cant load the map: it show only gray and the area of effects (griffon and illusory pit), so I'll post their actions blindly, but they got a 80ft speed (160ft on a charge), so i'm pretty sure they can reach any enemy.

They fly towards the enemies, each aiming for a diferent prey.

Bite [roll0] dmg [roll1]
1st Claw [roll2] dmg [roll3]
2nd Claw [roll4] dmg [roll5]
1st Rake [roll6] dmg [roll7]
2nd Rake [roll8] dmg [roll9]

Bite [roll10] dmg [roll11]
1st Claw [roll12] dmg [roll13]
2nd Claw [roll14] dmg [roll15]
1st Rake [roll16] dmg [roll17]
2nd Rake [roll18] dmg [roll19]

Bite [roll20] dmg [roll21]
1st Claw [roll22] dmg [roll23]
2nd Claw [roll24] dmg [roll25]
1st Rake [roll26] dmg [roll27]
2nd Rake [roll28] dmg [roll29]

Ricedaddy
2016-05-14, 11:45 AM
Dietrich eyes the nearest winter knight and moves to attack, seeing a chance to take another opponent down.

Map still isn't working, but I'm suspecting it's a Pyromancer's issue if Chimaera is having trouble, too. Dietrich will move to the closest winter knight and make as many attacks as he can based on the type of movement needed to do so. I'll list a full attack profile below, ignore attacks I can't make and adjust for anything like a charge that has to happen.

Katana Attack 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2]
Wazikashi Attack 2: [roll3] Damage: [roll4]
Katana Attack 3: [roll5] Damage: [roll6] plus [roll7]
Wazikashi Attack 4: [roll8] Damage: [roll9]
Katana Attack 5: [roll10] Damage: [roll11] plus [roll12]

AlanBruce
2016-05-14, 04:03 PM
@Dietrich & Johann: The Gryphons screech and flap their wings towards the Winter Knights remaining as the samurai finishes off one that had been hurt by Mug's spell.

One of the Winter Knights, being hit by the Gryphon but not killed, stands up and drops his blade- Johann's spell has left him stunned, if only for a few seconds.

Round 6

@Dietrich: The eagle above screeches and soars directly towards you, landing on your shoulder as its scratches your shoulder, but rather than inflicting pain, this talon does otherwise.

37hp healed

@The Party: With so few enemies left, Reintse looks at Silas and assesses his wounds.

"You should be find, Master Silas. Now if you'll excuse me...""

Reintse lowers his blade as he locks eyes on one of the prone Winter Knights and runs towards him, leaping into the sky as he yells in Sylvan and brings the blade down on the Unseelie's neck with such force, that his head rolls to the side and a geyser of blood erupts from the wound, leaving the body twitching.

Mug runs past the Gryphons and claws at the stunned Winter Knight once.

Not enough strength to bring him down, but enough to leave a rabid mark on his chest.

Silas cleans his sleeves and walks a few paces towards the remaining two Unseelie and calls forth a well known evocation as his right hand becomes engulfed in fire.

"Always go with the classics.""

The well known Scorching Ray strikes the Unseelie with Mug and the gryphons twice, bringing his scorched body back to the ground.

The third ray misses the last Winter Knight by a large margin, causing Silas to frown.

"Well, so much for that...""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172848)

The Party
Winter Knight

Chimaera
2016-05-14, 04:45 PM
The surviving winter knight doesnt even get a chance to get up, as the griffons fly toward him like famished birds of prey, claw and biting and raking till there is little of him to tell the story.

First Griffon:
Bite [roll0] dmg [roll1]
Claw [roll2] dmg [roll3]
Claw [roll4] dmg [roll5]
Rake [roll6] dmg [roll7]
Rake [roll8] dmg [roll9]

Second Griffon:
Bite [roll10] dmg [roll11]
Claw [roll12] dmg [roll13]
Claw [roll14] dmg [roll15]
Rake [roll16] dmg [roll17]
Rake [roll18] dmg [roll19]

Third Griffon:
Bite [roll20] dmg [roll21]
Claw [roll22] dmg [roll23]
Claw [roll24] dmg [roll25]
Rake [roll26] dmg [roll27]
Rake [roll28] dmg [roll29]

Johanm watch but doesnt really want to spend any more spell on these guys, so he hope Dietrich and the griffons finish him off.

AlanBruce
2016-05-14, 06:07 PM
@Johann: The gryphons screech and flock over the last remaining Winter Knight, clawing and pecking and raking...

Your spell has proved to be most effective- the Unseelie Warrior never had a chance, but given his fey nature, he is stunned, but not quite dead yet.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172856)

Ricedaddy
2016-05-14, 11:14 PM
Dietrich seizes the opportunity to finish the battle with a last glorious charge.

Charge the last Winter Knight if possible with the gryphons in the way.

Attack: : [roll0] Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2]

AlanBruce
2016-05-14, 11:37 PM
@Dietrich: Balion begins walking up to the group astride his massive green wolf as you plunge the katana into the last remaining foe...

What a scene of devastation.

There is blood and bodies everywhere. Your blood trails all over the place. As does Silas', Mug's and Reintse's.

Johann got out unscathed from this one, but given the beating he got from Decarabia the day prior, he probably earned a break.

@The Party: The eagle lands on the ground and begins to swell in size as its feathers shed, turning into a pile as Uwellyn rises from it and looks at Reintse.

"I told you to wait until my arrival! This place is dangerous! Casyllyn would have my head if something happened to you!""

Reintse cleans his blade and scratches the back of his head.

"I am sorry, Uwellyn- but Silas, Johann, Dietrich and Mug were with me. We thought we might get a head start mopping up the place... plus, Balion's here! So that is a good thing, right?""

The Keeper of the eastern Coven watches Balion ride on his gigantic wolf and slides her hand to the hilt of her blade.

"And why are you here? Last I knew, you were dead.""

Balion listens to the dryad's words and looks up at the shining star in the horizon.

"I am not here to help in your fey war, Uwellyn. I am here because of Her. And I was told that in this place, Vallantheim, I would be of most help to free her of whatever power has her trapped.

And do not worry, Coven Keeper- my time here is limited. You won't have to deal with me for long. Just enough to help Arrallae.""

Uwellyn looks at the druid, who hoists a scythe the size of his mount and sighs.

"The gods work in mysterious ways... ok, then. We are here to deal with the Bravest Champion of the Fey Woods... even braver than you, Balion. From before your time. He was a deity in the battlefield.... and he is surely expecting us now.""

A loud rumble can be heard as a gate rises against one of the walls of the coliseum, and a cold air lashes out from within.

Silas rubs his chin in thought as he looks around at the many bodies.

"He isn't coming to meet us?""

Uwellyn shakes her head.

"Those you fought were a test sent by the Champion of Vallantheim. The Right of Strength and Might. You bested them, so now we have the honor of fighting him.

I am not going to lie- this will not be an easy battle. The fey who resides here will give no quarter and expect none in return. If you are hurt, heal. If you can protect yourself and others, do so.""

Chimaera
2016-05-15, 01:08 AM
Johann get up from the snow and slap it out off his robes.

"Get ready. We came here to show our valor and I'm happy you're here Dietrich. I'm not one who find valor for conflict, but I'm sure here is the place for you to shine".

He put his hand in his Familiar Pocket and pet Enigma while he hopes it isnt the last time.

AlanBruce
2016-05-15, 02:02 AM
@Johann: You look at Dietrich, who is much taller than you and gravely cut as you reach out to the small dimensional pocket and pet your familiar Enigma, while offering courageous words to the samurai.

Silas calls Reintse to his side and asks him to lower the backpack.

"I made sure I brought some gear from my shoppe. I doubt I will have any customers in town, so I decided to stock up. I have ten potions, bought a few years ago from Father Wilhelm. A pearl of power, enough to bring back some lower incantations, and two fresh wands of magic missile.""

Balion rides the wolf and goes in first.

"Let us see what this Champion is all about, Uwellyn...""

The dryad looks at all of you and then at the main door that has been opened.

"Try and remain mobile- do not let him catch you in direct combat. This fey is incredibly strong and a seasoned strategist. At all times, do not use arrows on this fey- you will regret doing so. If you believe you must leave, leave...

I will remain and see that he is dealt with.""

Mug Ruith checks his own body, badly cut and then at the entrance.

"If this will stop the infernal winter we are having, let us go and meet this warrior. It can't be any worse than Decarabia.""

@The Party: From a bloody snow arena to immaculate marble floors and tall ornate and frozen columns, Vallantheim greets you with somber silence as your boots echo through the Hall of Champions.

Beautiful murals on the thirty foot tall walls both left and right depict scenes of a long ago battle. These show an elven looking knight engaged with hundreds of Winter Knights, as a golden halo surrounds him and many lie dead at his feet.

The ceilings have been beautifully painted with angels bearing war banners and lances, with a couple of them carrying a golden laurel wreath with their hands.

A marble statue at the entrance shows the same elven knight kneeling to Windemere, who places her hand on his head, as if blessing him and a plaque reads below:

To the Bearer of War

Unconquered in Battle

Forever Sworn to Sorrow

Uwellyn shakes her head as she looks around.

This place has stairs leading to a second floor, with ornate ice torches casting off a bluish glow. Next to the torches, blades have been mounted on the walls- these differ from longswords to battle axes, as Reintse grips his blade and looks around at the room.

"I sense no evil here, Uwellyn. Are you sure that...""

Before Reintse can finish his sentence, the blades in the second floor begin to rattle and shake as they fly off the wall and fly directly towards the main throne in Vallantheim as a mighty presence crackles with blood red energy and the sound of armor and chains being dragged on the marble floor precedes the surge of energy.

With a grand explosion of fey power, a ten foot tall figure greets you several feet away, standing tall and proud in front of a mural depicting Windemere with her arms spread and the entire fey woods in much smaller size emerging from her long tunic:

http://micahblackburn.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/elven_warrior.jpg

The blades from the walls orbit around this fey, which both Dietrich and Johann saw a few days ago in Glacielheim as this one takes a single step forward, but is still a good distance away.

His voice is deep and coarse. His face marked by ancient scars and his eyes red with fury.

A sapphire, identical to that retrieved from Decarabia, has been embedded on his belt as Lord Golarion, The Autumn Leaves of War, looks down at all of you.

"Welcome, brave warriors, to Vallantheim, Hall of Champions. I have watched your fight in the arena. You fought with sound strategy. With honor and wit and temperance. With conviction. For this, I salute you.""

Uwellyn looks up at the gigantic fey and then at the statue close to her.

"Why? Just tell me... why?""

Lord Golarion looks at Uwellyn from his high position and then at the paintings around his Hall.

"Know that fighting alongside you was an honor, Coven Keeper. But now, I am beholden to the Court of Sorrows and its Herald. This cannot be undone... and you know it.""

The Seelie dryad's eyes water, if only for a few seconds and looks at all of you before turning to look up at the fey champion.

"There is no other way, is it?""

"If there were, Uwellyn... would you be here with such a force? Before we commence in the inevitable, know this: I tried. I really did... but I cannot go back on the Oath I made. all of you! You must have been hurt during the preliminaries. Heal your wounds. Pray to your gods. Call on your grimoires...

And then decide who shall face me first.""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172875)

Ricedaddy
2016-05-15, 06:21 PM
Dietrich surveys the dead bodies on the field, glad that he and his allies aren't among them. He catches the end of Silas speaking as he walks up, "Potions? If any of them heal, I took several deep cuts to those giant's axes."

Once the others are ready, he follows the others into the main hall. He vigilantly watches his surroundings and the dramatic arrival of what seems to be their final opponent in this fortress. His experience as a warrior proves that this will be a fight to claim lives. The greatest of honor is to fight and die, but taking a path of lesser honor to gain more another day is one that this samurai always saw value in.

"Lord Galorian, am I right? I have heard people speak of you as a being of honor and valor. One bound to duty. I am Dietrich, a warrior bound by codes stronger than my life, valued beyond measure. Had we shared the same past I'm sure we'd have been quite similar. Even in giving us fair preparation and respite you show honor. You say that you cannot go back on this Oath...but your true duty comes to your original oath. The bonds that tie you to homeland, to your peoples, and to your family. That is the core duty and oath of all beings." Dietrich says, holding his hands to his side, palms open and facing Galorian.

Diplomacy check to apply to the discussion: [roll0]

Chimaera
2016-05-15, 07:52 PM
"You have potions and wands, right? Lend me one such wand and tell what your potions do. And if you fell like giving the pearl of power Ibwould use it, but I've spent higher arcana mostly".

He look at Rentsie and Dietrich, "I wa splanning on protecting you from evil, but since no evil shows from Golarion I think it wont be useful".

AlanBruce
2016-05-16, 12:30 AM
@Dietrich: Silas opens his back pack and shows you the ten potions.

"Why, yes. I always have some in my shoppe and school, in case of any accidents. They haven't use in awhile, but Wilhelm brewed them, so they ought to be good. Take all ten if you wish.""

Roll 3d8+10 hp per potion taken

Once inside Vallantheim, mighty Lord Golarion drags a long and menacing looking spiked chain and wraps it around his hands.

That chain must be at least thirty feet long!

The Autumn Leaves of War listens to your words and does a military salute.

"Well met, Dietrich. When the First War of the Eternal Winter began by the Herald, I sided with the Seelie and in particular with Eastern Coven, to whom I was bound by an oath greater than Battle...""

Uwellyn lowers her head and begins casting several spells on herself.

"But war, mortal... it changes people. Regardless of who you are. I saw my kin taken from our forests by the Court of Sorrows and in so doing, asked the powers of the Fey Above to grant me the power to end War.

How ironic that I would be blessed into a form that promotes it in order to end it. I was a Lion in the battlefield. Armies fled before me and those who stood their ground found a speedy end. In the end, when the Verenestrian Pact was signed, I had thousands of lives etched in my body, a reminder of my rampage.

And so, when the War was won by the Seelie, the Herald, in her wisdom and trickery, asked that two ambassadors were to go to each court- Anzaril remained here and I would go to the Court of Sorrows. It was my plan to change Lady Windemere from within. To quell the frozen fires of grudge that burnt in her heart....""

Lord Golarion tenses the chain wrapped around his hands as the sapphire glows with malicious power, which echoes in his eyes.

"... but that failed. The Oath that binds me to the Court of Sorrows remains, Dietrich. I am, like the statue next to you dictates, sworn to it and to the Herald. If you wish to leave Vallantheim now, I will not pursue, but if you stay and fight, then do not hold back, because neither will I.""

Balion places a hand on Reintse's arm, healing all of his wounds.

"Uwellyn... what is that gem on his belt?""

The dryad shakes her head.

"I have not seen it before, Balion. One of Windemere's tricks, no doubt.""

The Old Guardian looks at his gigantic scythe and sizes up Golarion with a raised eyebrow.

"You heard the fey- those who want to leave, leave now. If his death will help me save Arrallae, then he has to meet an end worthy of his title. Say so now, that I may not have to waste what precious time I have on runaways.""

Then he points to Golarion as his wolf snarls beside him.

"A long time ago, I put these forests in peril, Golarion. I was mislead and like you, believed that war was the only way. You claim to have fought thousands. What is a mere eight or ten? I have no doubt you can handle us all together can you?""

The Autumn Leaves of War's chains rattle and slither on the marble floor, echoing through the room as his orbiting blades spin faster and faster around him.

"I was told Arrallae had a Zealous Guardian with her. You protected her and fought many who came to rescue her, no? Fair enough. I want all of you to be as strong as possible- I do believe in a fair fight. And in my lifetime, fair fights were always against my odds."

@Johann: Silas gestures to the potions Dietrich begins to imbibe.

"Regular curative ones, brewed by Wilhelm. Take the wand and the pearl. I still have a few spells left here. You can move us around this place, I hope?""

Reintse shakes his head as Glarion's aura emanates in deep purple.

"There wasn't evil before, but I can feel a very strong presence now, Johann.""

Mug looks up at the tall lithe armored fey and then at his wooden body.

"Those chains look brutal... how are we even going to get close to him?""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=172875)

Chimaera
2016-05-16, 05:33 AM
Johann nods, "If there is evil.now, then I'll ward you".

He then grants both Dietrich and Rentsie with a small degree of protection.

On bith of them

"I'm ready".

He telepathic send to Uwellyn.
"I dont know much about fey. I've heard arrows will do no good at him, but what about magic rays or magic at all?".

What is the CL of the wand and what is the pearl of power level?

AlanBruce
2016-05-16, 07:04 AM
@Johann: Uwellyn keeps looking up at Lord Golarion as you impart some arcane protection on Reintse and Dietrich.

It is said that no mortal bow, regardless of skill and make, will be able to pierce the Autumn Leaves of War. He is not unlike a deity in that regard. If Jacob or Zephyr were here and shot him, their very arrows would have pierced their hearts.

Magic- if you can break his armored and arcane defense- should be able to hurt him, but make sure your aim is true and your mind just as sharp.

Ricedaddy
2016-05-16, 07:04 AM
Taking three and drinking them:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

"Windemere's mark on your past and your fate is undeniably strong, but surely she does not rule based on your loyalty. If we must fight, we must fight. But as I see it we should be allies, and I will take no honor in killing you. If you will excuse us a moment, my friends and I need to converse briefly to make sure we are ready, as you have several times implored us to do."

Dietrich then motions the others to close in and speaks softly, "Two thins have arisen in my mind. One: He wears the same kind of jewel as we found from Decarabia. A simple answer is that it is simply a mark of rank, or more likely Windermere's ownership. But, Silas and Johann, how likely is it that that gem is a focus for some spell forcing him to fight against his true allegiance? And if it is, can we break it or remove it from him? Two: His weapon has tremendous reach, but those tend to be unwieldy when the opponent is right on top of you. What we need is to get myself and the other fighters with us close to him without crossing the intervening distance. Johann, my friend, I believe you can help with this."

Chimaera
2016-05-16, 07:19 AM
Johann listen to Dietruch and doesnt even bother to speak telepathically.

"If its a focus that make him obey Windemere, I dont believe I can break it, since she is very powerful and si will be her magic. As for killing him... I believe that we can solve it later. He's our opponent and must be put down. Fenvarel showed capable to destriy the sapphire and I've got a very interesting theory about it, but will wait for a better time to present it".

"Fighting him may seem like a bad thing: he isnt like the others, but we'll have to. Once the sapphire is destroyed he may be raised or simething. So worry about staying alive to save everyone. Same thing as the children".

He look at the chain and nods, " It will probably be a problem, but I'll make sure you can get close enough".

He take a deep breath.
"Show time".

Ricedaddy
2016-05-16, 07:45 AM
He nods to Johann and claps him on the shoulder, "Then so be it. Should I take a grievous hit but still be standing, I shall call. If you can get me out of his range I'd appreciate it, if not I will go down fighting and achieve the highest honor. Fight well, everyone, even if none of us want to cut him down."

Chimaera
2016-05-16, 09:34 AM
"Truth be said: I dont want to cut anyone down. Blast them, maybe", he says and grin.

" Golarion: we are ready!"

AlanBruce
2016-05-16, 02:44 PM
@Dietrich: Lord Golarion listens to your words and looks at the mural behind him as the blades orbit around him faster and faster in a ten foot radius around him.

"I asked to be the strongest in battle, Dietrich. To date, it is a curse that I wish I had no brought upon myself...

And if it were a different situation, samurai, I wish we could be allies, but fate has placed us on opposite sides of this war. Go convene with your allies. I have already made my decision.""

You huddle with your group and mention the jewel he carries in his belt, to which Uwellyn shakes her head.

"I never saw such jewel during the First War, no. And you say that Decarabia had one as well... that does not seem like a sign of rank at all to me.""

Silas turns around and looks at the impressive fey champion.

"If there is magic, maybe it can be dispelled, but if what Johann says is true and it belongs to Windemere, then we might have to pry it by force.""

Balion grips his scythe and smiles.

"There is no other way I was planning on taking it. He is like me several hundred years ago: convinced that battle is the only answer. he will not back down and he will fight to the end. Let us give him such peace.""

@Johann: Silas, Uwellyn, Reintse, Balion and Mug look at Golarion and then at you.

"It's the best chance we got.""

"In order to stop this Eternal Winter...""

"We have to end the bravest warrior I ever knew.""

"Then let these halls resound with steel and spell!""

@The Party: You all turn to face Lord Golarion. Each and every one of you ready and determined.

The halls of Vallantheim become frozen as your energy and that of the Autumn leaves of War clash in the center, causing the walls and ceiling to crack as Lord Golarion's chains dance on the marble floor, aching to rip everyone to shreds as his purple aura increases in size.

Uwellyn aims her blade at the fey and clenches her other hand into a fist as her cape dances in the swirling winds of ice formed in the Hall of Champions.

"We will face you, Golarion! Are you ready?""

The Autumn Leaves of War puts on his helmet as he begins moving towards all of you.

"I am ready, Coven Keeper. In the name of the Court of Sorrows, I accept your challenge and promise to fight with every ounce of strength that runs through this battle weary body. I can only hope you have made peace with whatever powers you revere..." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b5I0ZlghMM)

And so, another brutal battle is about to be waged in the Fey woods. With Aenar, Humbert and the others in Lugenheim, Arrallae preventing the entire forest and beyond from being frozen and with new allies by your side, you are now ready to face off against one of Windemere's strongest warriors...

And you can only hope it end in glorious victory.

Round 1

@The Party: The Autumn leaves of War begins a slow descent down the stairs of Vallantheim, his chains held tight in his hands as the blades around him orbit faster and faster, turning into a blur.

"By now it should be obvious, Uwellyn- Divide and Conquer. Let us see what those who have followed you here are made of.""

At that very moment, Golarion's orbiting blades begin to glow as they spin at hurricane speeds around him and from the marble floors where you stand, a twenty foot tall wall of ghostly swords and axes clash against each other and effectively divide you...

Not before catching three of you in its spell.

Reintse, who is severely cut, but manages to move to the opposite side.

Aluserk, Balion's wolf, who growls as he leaps beside his master.

And then, shredded wood and sap...

Mug Ruith never stood a chance, as the blades of sheer force butcher the marsh hermit into swamp paste.

Golarion is claiming lives immediately! Decarabia at least played with all of you with her fists, but this fey is giving no quarter from the get go!

175 force damage. reflex Dc 26 for half if passing through it

Silas watches Mug drop instantly to the ground and then looks up the stairs at Golarion, who is slowly approaching all of you.

"He just killed him! We cannot stay here in a group! We'll get butchered!.""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173022)

Lord Golarion, the Autumn Leaves of War
Uwellyn
Dietrich
Balion & Aluserk
Johann
Silas
Reintse
Mug Ruith

Chimaera
2016-05-16, 03:30 PM
Dammit. Mug was cleaved by so many axes that he's looking more like a pile of firewood than a dead woodling. All the trouble they went through at Moruga for him to die in the first real battle... He sighs. The idea of telling Audrey about his fate isnt one he's looking forward.

"Let's hope we can raise him back when this is over. For now there isnt anything I can do to save him, sadly".

He take a step close to Dietrich and touch his enlarged leg, teleporting the samurai to the other side of the wall of deadly blades.

He clacks his feets together and disappears as well, reappering betwern Rentsie and Balion.

5ft step to northeast, cast Dimension Hop on Dietrich (so that he move 25ft, ending in front of Rentsie) and swift action to use Anklets to go through the wall

Ricedaddy
2016-05-16, 05:00 PM
Blast it!

Then in a moment he is teleported. Safely on the other side of the barrier he evaluates the situation.

"Let's pincer him. Reintse up the middle, I'll take the left, Uwellyn or Balion on the right, the other pick a direction. Go!" Dietrich's time as a military commander takes over. He never liked losing a soldier. He take running across the stairs to his left, planing to flank Golarion and hoping the others move as well.

Full movement along the stairs and up the left flank, stopping the second anything might appear in front of him.

AlanBruce
2016-05-16, 08:44 PM
@Johann: Now what are you going to say to Audrey?

Not like she would say much: she'd probably devour you the moment you walked up to Moruga without Mug.

You need to get yourself and Dietrich past the Blade barrier. Golarion isn't protected at all, unlike you and your allies.

Which makes this feared fey warrior that much more formidable, if Uwellyn is to be believed.

Bring down your runestaff, Dietrich becomes enveloped in white arcane power as he disappears and reforms next to Reintse.

You simply head towards the blade barrier and swoosh past it using your anklets, but Mug is still dead.

@The Party: Silas watches the woodling keep getting chopped by the barrier and his entire body shakes in fear before composing himself.

"Right, Johann. We can see to the matter of getting him back to us after defeating Golarion. Vallantheim is rather large and there are many stairs. let us use those to our advantage.""

And having said that, Justcrown's top wizard waves his hand in the air as all of you are bathed in a powerful arcane transmutation.

Haste

@Dietrich: No wonder they call him the Autumn Leaves of War.

This fey is indeed powerful, having killed Mug Ruith in a matter of seconds, but unlike with Decarabia, this one seems to have a lot more honor, having given you a chance to prepare yourselves accordingly.

And so, as you take the left stairs, with Silas close behind, you bark out orders- get him in a pincer attack.

Do not let him recover!

Uwellyn looks at you and then at the right flight of stairs as she darts like a cheetah, leaving fire in her wake.

Reintse raises his shield and grips his blade, as he keens his eyes on the target and a pair of glorious spectral wings burst forth from his back as his collar glows, just like last time fighting the minotaurs and his blade is engulfed in golden flame.

Lord Golarion grips his chain as Reintse flies towards him, his war cry echoing through Vallantheim.

"You have trained with the Seelie? I was under the impression that no masters of such art exist here today.""

Uwellyn smiles as she speeds on the second floor and watches Reintse charge the Autumn Leaves of War.

"One stayed behind, Golarion- my sister.""

The ragewalker punishes Reintse with the chain, as he intends to drag Casyllyn's pupil to the ground, but Reintse breaks through the links and finishes his charge, ignoring the whirling blades around him as his blade digs deep into Golarion's stomach.

As purple blood drips on the immaculate marble floor, the mighty fey champion looks down at Reintse, who keeps the blade embedded in his body.

"I see. Casyllyn always was very clever, Uwellyn. She trained a mortal on how to be a fey knight...""

Before Golarion has a chance to finish his sentence, Balion and Aluserk rush towards the gigantic knight, the wolf baring fangs.

Balion lifting the scythe above his head as Golarion's chain is quick to punish both, with Aluserk sending a howl of pain and skidding across the floor and Balion getting painfully scraped across the face, but strong enough to follow through like a lion on the fey, digging his scythe deep into Golarion's flank.

"Of course...Arrallae's Zealous Guardian. I was told about you- a beast in battle. And one who met his end in such field. Your hatred for fey is very clear, given the wound you have inflicted upon me, Guardian.""

@The Party: Reintse's body swells as his muscles bulge and his eyes go white with frenzy, not unlike the minotaurs fought in the arena.

Uwellyn looks over the second floor balcony and shakes her head.

"Resist the call, Reintse! You trained for this!""

Balion seems unaffected and looks up at Uwellyn.

"What's happening to him?""

Golarion grips his chains and gets ready to impart punishment.

"Having been blessed and cursed with a Body of War, I am able to induce such Blood Frenzy on my enemies. Reintse will not be able to distinguish friend from foe. He will fight anyone close, no matter allegiance until either he or his enemy are dead.

If you choose the path of war, be ready to spill blood. Regardless of whose it is.""

Round 2

@The Party: Lord Golarion looks down at Balion and swings his chain around, punishing Arrallae's Guardian with such monstrous might, that pieces of the floor are destroyed by the druid's body bouncing off the ground as chain after chain draws buckets of life from the Deathless.

"Normally, any other person would be dead. That you still stand comes as no surprise. No wonder the herald did not want her Guardians making it to Glacielheim. I understand there is another, Jacob. Once I am done with all of you, I will give him a brave farewell.""

And having said that, Golarion uses a swift conjuration and disappears entirely from the place he was in, reappearing on the second floor.

Dimension Door

Balion has been hurt, but he;'s not out yet.

However, with a frothing seething rage induced Reintse next to him, who knows if even Arrallae's Zealous Guardian will be able to survive Casyllyn's Pupil's onslaught?

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173082)

Uwellyn
Dietrich
Balion & Aluserk
Johann
Silas
Reintse
Mug Ruith

Chimaera
2016-05-16, 09:47 PM
"Stand away from Rentsie! You're too far for me to help", Johann says as he dash with supernatural speed up the stairs while casting two spell to try and break Golarion's might and ability to fight.

Move as stated in map.
Standart for True Strike.
Swift to Assay Spell Resistance

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173084)

Ricedaddy
2016-05-16, 10:35 PM
With Mug turned into matchsticks and Reinste overtaken by bloodlust, Dietrich advances against Galorian. A wordless shout carries the full weight of his skill.

Charge Golarion
Kiai Smite +3/+3
Quick Draw cold iron katana

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

AlanBruce
2016-05-17, 01:21 AM
@Johann: This is going horrible in a matter of seconds!

Yes, Balion and Reintse have managed to hurt the Autumn leaves of War, but whatever effect Golarion has, has turned Casyllyn's Pupil into a frenzied berserker.

You have seen Reintse bring down minotaurs- he could probably chop Balion up in seconds given the strength and rage he has accumulated...

No time to worry about him now. That guy is supposed to be one of Arrallae's Guardians- he should be able to take care of himself.

Running up the stairs, you skid next to Silas and immediately cause the Eye of Boccob to draw on your hand, as the familiar arrow sigil appears super imposed over it.

Silas looks at you as Dietrich charges Golarion and traces a similar sign on his hand, but just the Arrow.

"Tried and true, right? I do hope you have more of those prepared.""

@Dietrich: This is a disaster.

This guy can not only dish out tremendous punishment, but he can also cast powerful spells and move around Vallantheim just like Johann and Silas...

How to make him stay?

With the Autumn Leaves of War several feet ahead of you in the second story, you grip your katana and rush towards him, a war cry echoing through your mind as the cloud of blades orbiting Golarion make you reconsider your choice.

11 slashing damage

The katana strikes Golarion beautifully, as his purple blood drips on the marble floors of Vallantheim and this one looks down at you as your blood begins to boil within.

The sound of war horns. Trumpets. Chants...

It's the War of Keoland all over again!

Everything is turning red.

Enemies. Enemies to King and Country everywhere!!!

All of them must be killed!

Any creature coming within 10 feet of a ragewalker must make a successful Will save DC 38 or fly into a mindless killing frenzy.

Any creature that fails its saving throw gains a +2 bonus to Strength and takes a –2 penalty to AC. Affected creatures become unable to distinguish friend from foe and must make a melee attack against the nearest creature each round (using a full attack if possible, or charging if appropriate) for 9 rounds.

An affected creature is incoherent and cannot talk, cast spells, or otherwise communicate for the duration of the effect. It remains in a frenzy for a number of rounds equal to 10 minus its Wisdom bonus (minimum 1 round),

@The Party: Balion looks up at Reintse, who gets ready to cut the old Guardian and two and is quick to act, using the scythe's blunt end to trip Casyllyn's Pupil and jumping on him, restraining the giant paladin, as this one tries unsuccessfully to break free.

"Uwellyn! How long will he be like this?""

The Eastern Coven Keeper dashes past Balion and a pinned Reintse as Aluserk helps his master keep the paladin down.

"It depends on the mind, Balion- the harder your mind is to break, the quicker the Blood Frenzy is washed away. We already have a dead druid. We cannot afford more casualties....""

Uwellyn speeds at unearthly pace down and up the stairs across Vallantheim and stops, leaving a scorching trail as Dietrich stabs Golarion and she looks at Johann and Silas, nodding to both as she doesn't stop and you can swear her ankles break as she turns the corner, igniting the marble in her wake.

Verenestra, give me the Strength and Speed...

Balion, Reintse and Dietrich may have hurt this fey, but none come even close to Uwellyn, who leaps at him like a springing jungle cat and slices his left shoulder, causing a healthy spurt of purple blood washes the ceiling of Vallantheim...

"I can say this is the first time I taste the sting of your blade, Uwellyn... the Unseelie are right in fearing you.""

@Johann: Uwellyn does her best and staves off Golarion's Blood Frenzy as she looks at you and Silas.

"Even if you have to go through me, finish him off!""

Round 3

@Dietrich: Whether Golarion's Frenzy has taken a grip of your mind or not. the Autumn Leaves of War revs his wicked spiked chain and swings it above his head.

"I salute you, Dietrich. You fought bravely...""

What follows is sheer punishment as Silas, Johann and Uwellyn watch in horror.

This fey is a demon from the deepest pits! No wonder Windemere tricked Uwellyn into handing him over to her Court!

Golarion's neck piece glows just like Reintse's and the punishment that comes forth is one for the history books.

50 damage

51 damage

"You have earned your rest, warrior...""

45 damage

@Johann: He killed another one...

Just like that. How terrifying it must be to face this monster on the battlefield. There is no doubt now why armies ran from him.

He relishes conflict!

Golarion turns to look at Uwellyn and brings the last lash of his chain, dropping the dryad at his feet with as much force as she leapt onto him.

"I recognize your Strength and Courage, Keeper, but do not forget who you are fighting.""

Uwellyn may not be dead, but she has been tripped by Golarion, with a very not moving Dietriuch at his feet as well.

If Balion and his wolf cannot contain Reintse, then who knows what may happen here.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173088)

Uwellyn
Dietrich
Balion & Aluserk
Johann
Silas
Reintse
Mug Ruith

Chimaera
2016-05-17, 05:21 AM
"Get up!", Johann order to Uwellyn, as he grip his runestaff with one hand, teletransporting her to a standing position.

Swift action

He then look at the ragewalker and at the dead and enraged allies. Beter waste his previous spell than to waste his allies.

Grabbing on a hair lock from Arralae, he call on the godlike power of the Brittle Star.

" Help us bring peace to Golarion".

Using it

AlanBruce
2016-05-17, 03:25 PM
@Johann: With Dietrich and Mug dead and Reintse out of control, the Autumn Leaves of War may very well end all of you here and now.

But what to do?

And as the arrow sigil disappears from your hand, you bring your staff down and order Uwellyn to rise, as your arcane power brings the Coven Keeper back on her feet.

Golarion may not be hit by your spell now, but there is a reason why you asked Jacob for these.

Taking out one of Arrallae's locks of hair you look up at the ceiling with the painted angels and ask that you and your allies are given one last chance to strike and bring down Lord Golarion, who faces you in bloody battle in Vallantheim.

Your hand burns as a small sun shines over the entire Hall of Champions, causing Golarion to take a step back and shield his visor with his chain.

"What power is this...?""

Balion smiles as the light envelops him and he begins to release his hold on Reintse.

"It is the power of Arrallae, Champion of Sorrow. The goddess that I have set to protect. It would seem she has not abandoned us.""

And what Balion says is true, as the light washes away the wall of blades and restores Mug to his wooden self, as the hermit begins to stand up.

"I dreamt I was in my swamp...""

Reintse blinks twice as his wounds heal completely and looks at Balion.

"Why are you and your wolf on top of me?""

And lastly, Dietrich, who is brought back from the halls of St. Cuthbert and back to Vallantheim, and with renewed strength.

In fact, this very strength is the one felt back in Moruga when you fought Daityas at its entrance.

True Resurrection and Mass Heal for everyone - 150 hp +100 temporary hp

Arrallae's Strength to Dietrich and Uwellyn (+6 morale to hit and damage)

Arrallae's Consecration ( Next spell cast that deals damage is Maximized and Consecrated)

Arrallae's Strength and Consecration last for the encounter only.

@Dietrich: You open your eyes and watch the sun shine in Vallantheim as Golarion looks at all of your allies.

They are all back! Even Mug Ruith has been restored. And Reintse seems to be back to his old self.

You are still prone. Your size has diminished, having been slain. And only Arrallae's Strength courses through your body.

However, being close to Golarion- adjacent to him- his malign bladed aura cuts through you.

9 slashing damage

That isn't the worse of it, however, as once more your blood boils within and the your mind seeks to be lost by Golarion's Blood Frenzy.

This time, however, Uwellyn is close to you and with her, a radiant white aura surrounds both as she looks at you and attempts to impart her Seelie Blessings.

"You are not alone in this battle Dietrich. I am not your enemy. You can do this... fight back in steel and soul!""

+9 morale bonuses to saves as long as you're 10ft. close to Uwellyn

Golarion grips his chain and looks down at you.

"She believes that you can escape the call of War, Dietrich. show her that such a path, once chosen is inescapable.""

Any creature coming within 10 feet of a ragewalker must make a successful Will save DC 38 or fly into a mindless killing frenzy. Any creature that fails its saving throw gains a +2 bonus to Strength and takes a –2 penalty to AC. Affected creatures become unable to distinguish friend from foe and must make a melee attack against the nearest creature each round (using a full attack if possible, or charging if appropriate).

An affected creature is incoherent and cannot talk, cast spells, or otherwise communicate for the duration of the effect. It remains in a frenzy for a number of rounds equal to 10 minus its Wisdom bonus (minimum 1 round), even if the ragewalker is dead or no longer present. The ragewalker can suppress this aura as a free action.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173111)

Uwellyn
Dietrich
Balion & Aluserk
Johann
Silas
Reintse
Mug Ruith

Ricedaddy
2016-05-17, 05:58 PM
Dietrich knew the end was coming before Galorian reared back.The hit knocked him of his feet with force that cracked the floor. Death was not as he expected. The pain began to fade and a sense of peace came over him. Dying on a charge, a literal dream come true. But as reality began to fade it was replaced with a...nothingness. His last thought is to wonder if this was normal.

Then a bright flash broke the nothing and a ragged gasp coursed through his body, not even cooling yet. Before his mind could come to terms with his surroundings his vision becomes unfocused, his heart pounds in his ears. A rage unknown to him overcomes his calmed center honed by years of training. A forceful shove brings him to his feet and his full body brings a crushing blow down on Golarion.

Target closest = Golarion

Move action: stand
Standard attack (Cold iron katana)

Katana Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Threatens on 45+

AlanBruce
2016-05-18, 02:18 AM
@Dietrich: It's a battle that took you out.

It's the sound of battle that brings you back.

This is Arrallae's power, which was last felt in the battle against Dantalion back in Moruga.

It would seem that the power of a goddess is needed to bring this mighty Champion down.

However, even with Uwellyn close to you and imparting her Aura of Glory upon your heart and soul, Golarion's influence fills your eyes with bloodlust as you attempt to get up and the Autumn Leaves of War punishes you with his chain, attempting to kepe you grounded as this one wraps around your leg.

49 damage plus Str or Dex check DC 28 or remain prone

@The Party: Uwellyn manages to cut Golarion once. Even with Arrallae's Blessing, bringing down the ragewalker is no easy task, but little by little, the monster spills blood on Vallantheim.

You can only hope that it is enough.

Aluserk, Balion and Reintse raise as fast as they can up the stairs, but even with Silas' speed, they are not close enough to pile up on Golarion.

Silas, bolstered by Arrallae's Consecration, unleashes a mighty spell, causing the entire hallway to glow in emerald light as his hand unleashes a mighty spell- one you yourself might have been saving to end this conflict...

The Disintegrate spell!

The ray, powered by Arrallae, flies like an arrow of sure death towards Golarion and strikes the Autumn leaves of War directly, causing the hallway to blind everyone for a few seconds with the mighty power of this transmutation...

But when the light recedes, Golarion has his armored claw raised as the energy swirls around his hand and the fey knight crushes the arcane power in his hand, causing no damage whatsoever.

"Your spell was powerful indeed, mage. Had it broken through my defenses, I may not be standing now, but unfortunately for you... it failed.""

Mug Ruith watches the battle from the first floor and then looks at you and Silas as he raises his wooden hands to the ceiling and his entire body is engulfed in a green aura, which causes a few rose petals to rain on Vallantheim as the sound of hooves and a horse's neigh can be heard very close to you and your colleague, revealing a beautiful beast from the woodlands, believed by many to be myth:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/53/f0/f1/53f0f10e7ff4d5b304a021031ebddfe2.jpg

The fabled unicorn! Silas has called a mighty defender of the forests, known for its virtue and kindness to protect both, as an aura emanates from the noble beast.

Magic Circle vs. Evil to anyone in a 10ft. radius

Round 4

@The Party: Lord Golarion looks at Uwellyn and grips his chain tightly in both hands.

"You are a mighty warrior, Coven Keeper. I can respect that. I respect all of you for your tenacity and bravery...

But bravery alone is not enough to best me. What accomplishes that is the union of Power. Right now, Dietrich sees all of us as hated enemies. Will you put him down like a faceless foe?""

And having said that, Uwellyn is punished brutally four times by Golarion's spiked chain, which rakes at Uwellyn and seems to harm her even more than Dietrich, since Uwellyn has some arcane training in her.

@Dietrich: Be it prone or standing and filled with a killing spree, Golarion's orbiting blades once more cut through your body.

5 slashing damage

And having brutalized Uwellyn, who only manages to stay standing because of Arrallae's incredible powers, the Autumn Leaves of War's body crackles with purple energy and vanishes immediately.

Dimension Door

@Johann: It's the pain of blades as the Autumn leaves of War appears right behind you and Silas!

8 slashing damage

But worse...

That bloodthirsty aura of his is attempting to take over your mind- to delve your lectured minds into a mindless frenzy of slaughter!

Any creature coming within 10 feet of a ragewalker must make a successful Will save DC 38 or fly into a mindless killing frenzy. Any creature that fails its saving throw gains a +2 bonus to Strength and takes a –2 penalty to AC. Affected creatures become unable to distinguish friend from foe and must make a melee attack against the nearest creature each round (using a full attack if possible, or charging if appropriate).

An affected creature is incoherent and cannot talk, cast spells, or otherwise communicate for the duration of the effect. It remains in a frenzy for a number of rounds equal to 10 minus its Wisdom bonus (minimum 1 round), even if the ragewalker is dead or no longer present. The ragewalker can suppress this aura as a free action.

You can only hope that Silas has been able to hold back the urge, when...

Oh no...

Your trusted friend and colleague. Always so well mannered and versed in the arcane. A true teacher...

He's a frothing frenzied robed joke of a barbarian. His eyes red with rage as he grips his staff with both hands and snarls at the mighty fey right next to you.

If Golarion catches you in this enchantment... you may very well end up fighting your dear friend.

"If you are to be in the field of battle, be it wielding a sword or casting a spell, war is something that ought to come naturally to both of you. Succumb to it!""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173138)

Uwellyn
Dietrich
Balion & Aluserk
Johann
Silas
Reintse
Mug Ruith

Ricedaddy
2016-05-18, 07:03 AM
Dietrich growls through a grimacing sneer, unseen beneath his crystal mask. Golarion was gone, so be it. He didn't care who he kills first. He takes his time standing and, spotting Uwellyn close by, being to prowl towards her.

Full move action
Move action 1 - standing from prone
Move action 2 - advancing to be adjacent to Uwellyn

Chimaera
2016-05-18, 07:17 AM
Johann fill the rage making his heart pumping faster.
He is no brute, but for a moment he felt like he could rip Silas chest with his barehands!

But he cant let this violence blur his mind.
He for once asj on Boccob's favor, wishing for once that he may care. Just this time.

And apparently he did.
Balance is kept, but Johann isnt sure for how long.

He decide he best bey is to get out of here and have someone else fight this powerful fey. Someone like... Balion.

Switching positions with Balion

AlanBruce
2016-05-18, 06:30 PM
@Johann: It is only because of your tight connection the Uncaring Mage that he deigns to care... if only for a second.

The blood pumping through your body decreases in strength and your are able to maintain mental coherence by Altering Fortune to your favor...

The same cannot be said of Silas, who has become a raging lunatic with a stick. To think he was considered the brightest mage in Justcrown...

If you get out of this one alive, the fun you can have at his expense!

But no time for that now. Golarion is a very dangerous threat and merely staying close to him is a recipe for disaster.

You need to act fast!

And so, looking at Balion, you snap your fingers and bring the runestaff down with certainty as you and the Old Guardian switch places in white arcane light.

Balion is not one to question your actions and he does not seem affected by Golarion's Blood Frenzy as twice the scythe ravages the Autumn Leaves of War, causing much blood to spill on the halls of Vallantheim...

But he is far from down!

@Dietrich: You need to strike down this enemy before you... strike her down with everything you got! For Home and Country... for BLOOD!

Uwellyn watches you get up and walk up to you, as she says something but all you can make out are snarls and war cries as her head nods several times and she springs like a true acrobat away from you and in the red haze that has become your sight, douses a taller enemy in the distance with a pillar of fire, as this one shakes off the flames effortlessly.

@Johann: Aluserk barks at Golarion and rushes down the stairs, trying to surround the fey.

Hopefully, it will work this time.

Reintse flies towards the fey, blade held tight in one hand and gets struck in the face by the chains, but is not dropped.

Casyllyn's Pupil has been able to avert the effect of the Blood Frenzy, but his aim isn't as good this time around.

Silas spits on the ground and foams at the mouth as his staff batters Golarion's impossibly hard body.

"In the end, despite fancy titles and spells, we are all inclined to act out of instinct... and like the wizard here, his instinct is to fight. To fight with everything he has at his disposal, regardless of safety.""

@Dietrich: One of the green enemies on the first floor watches the commotion and a miserable horned steed appears next to you, blocking your access to the others as the green fiend begins to concentrate on... who knows what.

Round 5

@The Party: Reintse and Balion are severely punished by Golarion's chains.

At one point, young Reintse is nearly disemboweled by Golarion's sheer strength!

How are you ever going to bring this monster down?

It is clear now that Balion is using every single ounce of strength gained from his training in the fey Woods and elsewhere since the beginning of this fight. There was a reason he abstained from fighting in the arena.

But even at his full power, the cuts, deep as they are, are not enough to bring this Champion down.

@Johann: With Balion, Silas and Reintse engaging the Autumn leaves of War, this one looks at you and then at Dietrich and Uwellyn further down the hall.

"You managed to stave off my Blood Frenzy... being but a mortal. Impressive. I must wonder how well you fare against this?""

And at that very moment, Lord Golarion's sapphire glows as does his entire body as a curtain of fire burns you brutally.

You will probably survive this, but the twenty foot tall wall of searing flames may very well make it impossible for Dietrich and Uwellyn to cross.

45 fire damage, no save. Johann can move to either side of the wall if he wishes. The side of the wall towards Dietrich and Uwellyn causes 7 fire damage to those within 10 ft. and 2 fire damage to those over ten feet but less than 20ft. away

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173211)

Uwellyn
Dietrich
Balion & Aluserk
Johann
Silas
Reintse
Mug Ruith

Ricedaddy
2016-05-18, 06:54 PM
That strange steed deserves death as much as the others. The samurai cares not. He'll get to the distant foes later.

Full attack on the unicorn.

Katana Attack 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Katana Attack 3: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]
Katana Attack 5: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]

AlanBruce
2016-05-18, 07:21 PM
@Dietrich: It matters not of it is man or beast...

All enemies must die!

The creature before you roars and claws at you as both appear in black against a red background, its form unmade by every brutal cut your blade performs upon these demons...

It's a final twist of the blade on its jugular and the satisfying squirt of blood on your face, blinding your visor that signals that this one breathes no more.

@Johann: Even if bathed in flames, you know that killing a unicorn is a very bad thing to do.

Not only are they supposed to be agents of the fey realms and noble steeds, but Unicorns have appeared in all manner of tales, always involving fair maidens and noble quests...

There is nothing noble about Dietrich butchering this beast. without its presence, you may be as rabid as Silas now.

Uwellyn looks at the vanishing unicorn and then at you.

"He cannot distinguish friend from foe. Such is the power of the Autumn Leaves of War... and why he asked to be taken to the Court of Sorrows a thousand years ago- he did not want the Fey woods to have to go through this.

We will have a chance to amend for the unicorn's loss later. right now, we need to bring down Golarion... at all costs.""

Aluserk barks and is brutally punished by the Autumn leaves of war as he trips on the stairs.

"Stay down, green hound. You wish to stand beside your master Balion in battle, but you will have to wait your turn.""

Reintse and Balion both lunge in, scythe and holy blade and Golarion is hit, even more so than usual, but still the Champion of Vallantheim stands proud.

Silas turns to Balion and whacks him with his staff in the head, causing absolutely no damage to the Old Guardian, except for mild annoyance.

"Someone get this bug out of my way before I squash him!""

At that moment, Mug Ruith's eyes open and crackle with electricity as the halls of Vallantheim become covered in black clouds and a direct bolt of lightning falls upon Golarion, hurting him- if only mildly.

The Autumn leaves of War looks down at the woodling and grips his chain tightly.

"You who have been brought back from the dead, would seek to fight again? Good. Then, I am coming for you, woodling...""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173219)

Uwellyn
Dietrich
Balion & Aluserk
Johann
Silas
Reintse
Mug Ruith

Chimaera
2016-05-18, 09:47 PM
Johann is bathed in fey fire despite the elemental protection of his many items. But the fire inside him burns stronger.

"I believe you got someone else to worry about, Golarion, he say as he take two steps away from the wall, staying were its warm, but not enough to crisp his skin, "They say fight fire with fire, right?".

Johann point above Golarion's head and his golden glasses shine with the power if the sun. A golden fire fly from the tips of his fingers and explode high above Vallentheim's floor, aimed to hit the ragewalker alone.

60 damage (half fire, half divine).
Ref DC 14 for half (even with the low DC it would do more damage than my original plan).

SR [roll0]

AlanBruce
2016-05-18, 10:35 PM
@Johann: This guy breaks out more spells than any mage you have met back in Runestone!

And the guy can dish out some severe punishment...

Thankfully, you are well protected from this element and walks out of the wall, patting your head and arms to put out any lingering flames as you watch Silas...

If he only could break from that Blood Frenzy, what would he do...

What would he do indeed!

You adjust your goggles and calibrate the distance between the fey and your allies as a beeping dot marks the correct place to discharge.

And always with a smile, you call into being a tiny ember and flick it towards Golarion as it bounces off the walls of Vallantheim, which resound with the din of battle.

The explosion is glorious, as The Autumn Leaves of War is engulfed entirely in the arcane fire and the fireball, a spell Silas would be proud if only he'd recognize it, blooms around the mighty fey champion.

But when the fires subside, Golarion has been singed, but only barely. This monster has a bunch of innate protections to the elements- lightning is not one of them as Mug demonstrated, but fire certainly is.

"Johann, is it? Well met. I was trained to fight in all manner of environments, not only in the Fey Woods. Your fireball has given me a pleasant warm front, but no more.""

Uwellyn watches you douse Golarion in fire and the elder dryad holds on to her chest, concentrating and enveloping herself in a protective sheen as she rushes through the wall unharmed.

Protection from Fire

And then, as she stops and looks back at the flame wall a few feet behind, she looks at the heated battle a few feet away.

"Dietrich will most likely come fighting after us... what do you plan to do with him?""

Round 6

@The Party: The Autumn Leaves of War looks at all four possible targets and tenses his chain as the whirling blades cut Silas a little bit more, but because of Arrallae's Gift, is not down yet.

Balion and Reintse are completely unaffected, given their own training and nature.

Lord Golarion's eyes keen behind his helmet as the sapphire on his belt glows purple again, causing the Fey Champion to exude a malevolent purple aura.

"Thousands feared to come and face me in battle. It is time you all discovered why...""

It's one mighty swing from Golarion's chain that wrecks the pillars of Vallantheim, as pieces of the hall of Champions crash on the marble floors.

This bastard has used the Whirlwind Attack! Said to have been mastered by true wielders of the spiked chain with devastating effects!

Silas is nearly gutted as buckets of blood spill on the ground and, only because of the power used on him earlier, is the mage able to keep standing and ask for more!

Balion coughs blood as the chain gashes his stern face and the Old Guardian stands his ground, although you can tell the light around him is diminishing little by little.

Reintse cries out in pain as the chain punishes his chest, scraping bits of metal and flesh and causing a river of blood to wash on the frozen lake below the hall.

Even Aluserk, prone and hurt, is beaten by the chain, as the wolf howl in pain and the mighty Lord Golarion takes a simple step back as the three in battle pant and heave and hold on to their wounds.

"What drives you to fight with such conviction? I can understand the mage- he has fallen into a Frenzy, but all of you: why do you keep getting up?""

Balion grips his scythe with both hands.

"Isn't it clear, Ragewalker? Because unlike you, who have devoted your entire life to senseless battle, we have something and someone worth fighting for. And that alone gives us the strength to stand up again, and again, and again.""

Lord Golarion looks at all of you and swings his spiked chain, ready for yet another assault.

"Very well, then- let us see what how true your belief is, Guardian.""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173229)

Uwellyn
Dietrich
Balion & Aluserk
Johann
Silas
Reintse
Mug Ruith

Chimaera
2016-05-18, 10:59 PM
"I'm fighting because I have nothing better to do and find this winter is ruining my vacation", Johann answers honestly, as he turns to Uwellyn. "We hope that if we defeat him the rage goes away", he points to Golarion. "You became what was needed, but I ask you: did you became what you wanted to? ".

"Leave Dietrich to me. Go get the big guy, tigress...", what follows is a loud slapping sound, as the daredevil mage grant Uwellyn the power of flight with a slap in the buns.

On Uwellyn

He doesnt know if he will survive this fight, Golarion's rage or Uwellyn's after rage. But he's not one to miss the opportunity: he can always says it'spart of the plan. People really for this plan thingie.

AlanBruce
2016-05-18, 11:33 PM
@Johann: You look at Golarion, who has once again demonstrated why he is the bravest warrior in the past war.

He is single handedly fighting several powerful warriors and mages and is not even hinting at weakness.

The same cannot be said about your allies- Balion is still standing, but Reintse and Silas may very well be struck down if the Autumn leaves of War vents his rage on any one of them.

Then, you answer Golarion's question: this cold is ruining your vacation.

Uwellyn looks at you with a raised eyebrow.

"Vacation? You are doing this because of a vaca... hey!""

It is in times of dire need and when everything seems lost that the last thing to lose is not Hope, but Humor.

And as you smack Uwellyn's tight and well formed buns. the Coven Keeper's face goes from rage to shock as her face goes red and her feet levitate off the ground as you wink at her and tell her to go get him, true to the tigress that she is.

The Coven Keeper stutters for a few seconds. Nobody has ever done that to her. Not in the middle of a war and the very few fortunate have done so with her consent and in private.

Golarion's eyes keen on you as you cause Uwellyn to fly and grips his chains.

"You know who it is you insulted with that slap, Johann?""

Uwellyn gets her blades ready and looks at the Autumn Leaves of War as she charges above Reintse, Silas and Balion.

"He'll get his just desserts.... but not from you.""

And having said that, Uwellyn darts like a Fey Comet towards Golarion, getting horribly struck in the process by his chains, but managing to cut deep into his clavicle as more purple blood spurts from the wound.

"A fine hit, Uwellyn... but you are not going to be standing or flying after this.

Balion and Reintse do their best, with Balion striking him twice with his scythe and Reintse once with his blade.

Aluserk tries to get up, but is brought down again with vicious force.

Another one of those lashing and the wolf may not live through it.

Mug calls another bolt of lightning from above, but this one bathes Golarion harmlessly as simple crackles remain over his armor.

"Any trick attempted once against a Member of the Court of Sorrows is doomed to fail if used twice, woodling.""

@Johann: They are still putting up a good fight and, best of all, they have created a human wall of sorts to you.

The problem here is Dietrich- he will find a way to you and you must find a way to stop his oncoming attack.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173235)

Uwellyn
Dietrich
Balion & Aluserk
Johann
Silas
Reintse
Mug Ruith

Ricedaddy
2016-05-19, 06:57 AM
A vague shape through the flickering flames is enough for him. A slight screech of metal on stone arises behind him as he takes of running.

I've always been fuzzy measuring the Pyromancer's distance compared to actual distance, so I'm going to list my preferred action, then a non-preferred one I know should be legal just to keep things from stalling too long.

Preferred Action:

A full move action to run at Johann, not caring about the flame wall

Non-preferred Action:

Charge attack against Johann. Chimaera, forgive me, but I must follow the spell. Hope you have a trick up your sleeve if this one has to count. For once I actually hope for a natural 1.

Charge attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Chimaera
2016-05-19, 12:03 PM
Hearing the samurai shouting as it charge through the fire and flames, Johann doesnt even gulp or get scared. With a quick gesture and a simple incantation, he creates four copies of smiling Johanns, so the chances of the samurai hitting him is... Ouch! He looks down and see a katana piercing his belly and think on how that isnt a good thing. He never stop smiling though.

AlanBruce
2016-05-19, 01:16 PM
@Dietrich: No time to jump off ledges or run down stairs.

There is an enemy across that flaming curtain and by Keoland... YOU WILL CUT HIM DOWN!!!

The heat does not faze you.

The flames do not even hurt you...

54 fire damage total from charging through the wall and the heat waves before that

All that matters is cleaving the enemy beyond!

@Johann: It is as you feared:

Dietrich has gone off his rockers. He's running even though his life is in peril through the fire cast by Golarion as you simply split into several images and trust this most powerful illusion will be enough to...

But it isn't.

The samurai, who has fallen to pretty much every trick in this forest so far, manages to see through your illusions as his katana cuts in deep, the blood spurting onto his mask.

You could probably obliterate him, but you know he isn't being himself.

He just needs to fight.

Round 7

@The Party: Although Silas is still under Golarion's Blood Frenzy and cut by his Whirling Blades, the Autumn Leaves of War focuses his chains on Balion, Reintse and Aluserk, with Casyllyn's pupil being brutally butchered as his wings can barely carry him aloft.

Balion turns to look at you, his own body badly wounded.

"Get Reintse and as many as you can away from him!""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173257)

Uwellyn
Dietrich
Balion & Aluserk
Johann
Silas
Reintse
Mug Ruith

Chimaera
2016-05-19, 01:38 PM
Another Johann pops into existence, point to the gutted one and joking, "That should hurt!".

The images then dance around and all appear with same wound, "We have to go now, Barbie", and just like tgat the fearless Johsnns turn their back to a mad fomaing rager samurai.

Moving 15ft away from Dietrich

He looks at the warriors and shout, "I'm taking you out! Those who can, punish him!".

Once Balion, Rentsie and Silas attack Golarion, Johann will move them uo their move speed.If they dont want to attack, Johann will telrport them right away.

AlanBruce
2016-05-19, 04:59 PM
@Johann: Every single copy of you laughs and winks at an enraged Dietrich as you hold on to your wound and either run, skip or cartwheel pass the murderous unicorn killing samurai from Keoland.

Hopefully the parkour will keep him distracted.

@The Party: Be it by scythe, blade and lightning, Reintse, Balion, Uwellyn and Mug Ruith unleash hell on Lord Golarion, but even combined, the damage isn't enough as poor Aluserk is whipped by the spiked chain and knocked out of the fight, as his sap washes down the stairs.

Silas roars comically at Balion as he strikes him with his staff again. Of course, to no effect- Balion';s body has been trained to withstand the oldest treant in the woods punching him across the forest.

A twig like the one Silas carries is not even a match.

Immediately, Johann's spell takes place as the three warriors are moved back as far as they can.

@Dietrich: A new enemy has appeared!

A big one. A hurt one...

An easy kill!

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173268)

Uwellyn
Dietrich
Balion & Aluserk
Johann
Silas
Reintse
Mug Ruith

Ricedaddy
2016-05-19, 06:34 PM
Then this enemy shall die, too.

Since I'm compelled to by the bloodlust, full attack on Reinste. I'd love to roll like this against enemies, RNG.

Katana Attack 3: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]
Katana Attack 5: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]

AlanBruce
2016-05-19, 08:06 PM
@Johann: You rush down the stairs and watch Balion, Silas and Reintse reappear close to you.

Balion looks towards the battle and watches Aluserk get ripped by Golarion's chain.

"Hold on, my friend... stand your ground!""

Silas looks around at everyone and doesn't quite grasp what happened... before trying to bash your skull in.

Reintse is about to say something when Dietrich creeps up behind him and you watch the bloody katana sever his spinal chord as Casyllyn's pupil's size returns to normal, the wings recede and the young promising warrior looks at you with disbelief in his eyes as his head hits the marble floors of Vallantheim, blood staining his reflection as Uwellyn watches in the midst of battle.

Reintse...

Round 8

@The Party: Golarion butchers Aluserk as he lays on the ground, the spiked chain ripping his green hide.

"I shall send you to your companion soon, Guardian of Arrallae. This battlefield shall be yours no longer. You get to rest with your dog in whatever afterlife you should have stayed in.""

Balion watches Aluserk whimper softly before closing his eyes on the bloodied stairs and grips his scythe.

"Johann... if you can send me in again, do so. If not, get everyone that is alive out of here.""

Uwellyn has little time to react as Golarion wraps the chain around her neck and the dryad struggles as the spikes tear through her body and the Autumn Leaves of War tenses the chain a little harder.

"Your struggle ends here, my beloved Uwellyn. Go see our daughter in Heaven.""

It's a final yank of the chain that causes the Coven Keeper to fall very much dead at Golarion's feet as this one stops for a few seconds to look at the dryad's beautiful lifeless body and sighs as the sapphire on his belt glows with purple energy again and without looking, creates a wall of fire through Mug Ruith, dousing him in arcane flame.

As Mug wails in pain, the fire consuming his wooden body, The Autumn leaves of War looks at those who remain and stands his ground.

"Did you come here to fight, or die? That is what you should have asked yourselves when you first came in here. Uwellyn was ready to give her life for this land... what about you?""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173275)

Uwellyn
Dietrich
Balion & Aluserk
Johann
Silas
Reintse
Mug Ruith

Chimaera
2016-05-19, 08:50 PM
"Nah", he says to Balion, "I dont like your plan".

He face Golarion and the dead ones. If things keep going the way they're going... Then all would be dead pretty quick.

He get the second hair lock from Arralae and ponder.
Better use it than die keeping it.

"Arralae. This foe is strong, we need more help", he wishes and focus on the beautiful godess.

AlanBruce
2016-05-20, 01:32 AM
@Johann: You shake your head and dismiss Balion's idea as the Old Guardian barks at you as he holds Silas's head in one massive hand, preventing him from being bit..

"What do you mean by that, boy?! We are getting butchered here! Dietrich and Silas are foolish lunatics with sharp blades and tough sticks! Reintse is dead. Uwellyn is dead. Aluserk is dead...

And we all shall follow soon unless you send me in there!!!""

You didn't want to have to do this- with so many assembled, perhaps one would have been enough...

But there is a reason why this fey is hailed as the Champion amongst the Courts of the Unseelie.

And so, holding to the painted ceiling the last strand of golden hair given to you by Jacob, you ask Arrallae to grant you a desperate help in this time of need.

Golarion tenses his chain and assumes a warrior's stance.

"You are going to call them again, Johann? Why is that? Knowing that the end result will be the same? What dishonor it would be to come back to the field of battle only to be sent back to the Hall of your gods in shame...""

The entire halls of Vallantheim wash with a tremendous golden glow as Reintse opens his eyes and gets up, his wounds fully healed.

"Because we fight for a good reason, Golarion. Because our duty is to end this War, which Windemere has allowed to run rampant and unchecked.""

Aluserk blinks twice and gets up as he howls, echoing through the Hall of Champions.

Balion smiles for the first time in a sincere way as his companion gets up and then looks at Golarion.

"I told you before, Champion- I was once like you: I believed that only Battle could end it all... I will have to echo Dietrich's earlier statement: If we were allowed to be born again, I would not want to fight you, but as it stands.... I promise it will be quick.""

Uwellyn stirs on the ground and in a green flash disappears ten feet away from the Autumn leaves of War and tumbles several feet back, using impressive acrobatics.

"I have seen her, Golarion. And she does not approve of your actions. You will not change now, and you will find peace.""

Silas' mind recovers immediately as he looks around at his closing wounds and then at you.

"By Delleb, Johann... what on Oerth was I doing? I have blurred red visions of someone being cracked in the head by me... and I see our fey friend still stands.""

@Dietrich: Like a morning breeze, the blood from your visor is washed away and all becomes quite clear:

The butchering of the Unicorn.

Slicing Johann.

Killing Reintse.

Perhaps St. Cuthbert may find a way for you to atone for such sins, but now, with your mind clear and your health back, you know who it is that must be brought down.

@The Party: Using Arrallae's hair so quickly in succession has had other effects. The hair dissipates from Johann's hand, leaving only faint golden sparkles as traces it was once held in the mage's hand.

True resurrection + Mass heal + 100 temporary HP

Arrallae's Perseverance: Everyone gains Fast Healing 10

Arrallae's Unfettered Resolve: +10 morale bonus to attack and damage and saves

Arrallae's Grand Consecration: Any damaging spell cast is Empowered, Consecrated and Maximized

The walls of fire are put out immediately as Golarion tenses his chain.

"Very well, then... I shall grant you an end worthy of the ballads. And this time, Arrallae will not be bringing you back.""

Uwellyn concentrates as her entire body ignites with heavenly fire and a torrent of flame- the Flamestrike Spell- douses Golarion, which, although does not damage him greatly, is enough to leave some scars on his tight fitting armor.

Silas points his hand towards the Autumn Leaves of War as tremendous arcane magic crackles between his fingers.

"You had me fighting like a fool, fey. Although the effects are indeed fascinating, it is clear why you cannot remain in The Material... good bye.""

The Magic Missile spell, so well used back in the arena, glows golden as it strikes Golarion on the helmet, but does no damage whatsoever.

Balion looks at his gigantic scythe and at the power coursing through him.

"He made a lot of sacrifices for you during your war, did he not, Uwellyn?""

The elder dryad looks at Balion and then at Golarion, who gets kicks Aluserk as this one tries to bite him.

"He sacrificed a lot more than any of us.""

Balion's body begins to glow with celestial might as a gigantic Hammer appears above the Autumn Leaves of War, carrying the sign of the Planes of Elysium.

Casting this spell has left Balion extremely weak, but you recognize what it is.

A long time ago, servants of the heavens imparted upon a few the secretes to tremendous Heavenly Power. Power that no mortal should ever wield, for fear of taking their own life in the process.

The Hammer of Righteousness is one such spell, as Balion leans over the marble balcony and the hammer crashes down on Golarion, hurting him badly enough, that cracks begin to show in his armor.

"I was saving that one for Windemere, but I guess he gets it. Reintse! Do your father proud!""

Reintse brings wings into being once more and does a single flight towards Golarion, taking severe punishment in the process.

And hurt beyond and pain a mortal ought to endure, reintse's blade glows with heavenly briulliance as he does a single strike at the beast, breaking through its fey nature as Golarion struggles to maintain his balance.

A bolt of lightning is caught by the Autumn Leaves of War as Mug curses in druidic.

"Your spell has no effect on me, woodling. It is about time you found peace in pieces...""

He has been hurt tremendously by a combined effort, but it will still take more to take him down.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173280)

Uwellyn
Dietrich
Balion & Aluserk
Johann
Silas
Reintse
Mug Ruith

Ricedaddy
2016-05-20, 06:47 AM
You idiot. You blithering idiot. How could you think a unicorn was the enemy? Reintse? Johann?! Cuthbert forgive me. Enough of this crap, time to kill someone who deserves it for once.

Twice now Dietrich has come close to Golarion, and twice he has fallen into a rage, once with dire consequences. As the others banter he replays the battle in his mind, looking for a weakness. If only there was...wait. He appears to be a pure warrior, but then where did the walls of blades and fire come from? How can he maneuver instantly across the room? Could it work? Only one way to find out.

With quick clap on the back and a, "Sorry for killing you, Reintse..." Dietrich picks up the hunt. Nobles in Keoland hunt to have an excuse to drink and meet their mistresses in secret. The soldiers hunt to eat. The soldiers do it better.

Move action: Move to 20ft away from Golarion and sheath the cold iron katana
Attack action: Draw cold iron magebane javelin (free action b/c Crystal of Return) and throw at Golarion
Special: "Against any creature with arcane spells currently prepared or spell slots available to cast arcane spells without preparation, or against creatures with the ability to use arcane spell-like abilities, a magebane weapon's effective enhancement level is 2 better than normal (so that a +1 longsword becomes a +3 longsword when wielded against arcane spellcasters) and deals an extra 2d6 points of damage."
Kiai Smite: +3/+3 (first use, two left)

Note: the attack will be rolled without magebane bonuses, if his SLAs are arcane as I suspect, and not divine, add the bonuses to attack and damage that I will list below.

Attack: Damage: [roll1d6+15
Magebane Bonuses: +2 to attack, add [roll0] to damage

AlanBruce
2016-05-20, 04:42 PM
@Dietrich: Reintse nods before taking flight to face off against Golarion.

"Like Uwellyn said- it wasn't you. I hold no grudges, Dietrich.""

You ponder how to take down the Autumn leaves of War without getting close enough...

And then it dawns upon you- javelins.

The greatest hunters in Keoland used them, so taking this fey knight down with one ought to be the same.

Yet, as you approach him within twenty feet, Golarion lashes out with his chain, potentially tripping you in the process.

52 damage plus Trip DC 30 or be knocked prone.

Whether on the ground or standing, you hurl that javelin at Golarion as Uwellyn's words ring in the back of your mind.

Whatever you do, do not used ranged weaponry against him... or you shall meet your own end.

And true to this, your deadly javelin stops mid air and turns around, striking you with the same force you used against him!

Any time a thrown or projectile weapon is used against a ragewalker, the weapon instead turns and could strike the wielder. The attacker com-pares his attack roll against his own Armor Class, figuring the attack's success and damage as if he had attacked himself.

Since Dietrich used a weapon with magebane property, do not calculate the extra attack and damage on the attack roll posted in the OOC

Round 9

@The Party: Lord Golarion has been weakened a lot, but he isn't backing down from tis fight as he tenses the chain in his hands.

"If you love your goddess so much, I can send you to her side right now. Reintse, I shall start with you.""

It's a flurry of chain swipes that drop Reintse on the floor, unconscious... and thankfully alive.

It's a finally brutal chain that lashes Aluserk, nearly dropping Balion's wolf as well.

@Johann: Golarion looks at the other end of the hall where you and the others are and immediately a field of ghostly blades springs into existence, threatening to cut you down mercilessly.

183 force damage. reflex DC 26 for half

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173297)

Uwellyn
Dietrich
Balion & Aluserk
Johann
Silas
Reintse
Mug Ruith

Chimaera
2016-05-21, 08:23 AM
The force blades cut through Johann's body and protections, making him very hurt: if it wasnt for Arralae's vitality, he would be a goner.

He moves away from the wall and from the Golarion (if possible), shouting to Dietrich: Get up, warrior!".

You get up from prone

He then look at the barely alive Rentsie and at Balion and Uwellyn, "Any one wants to trade place with Rentsie?".

If he gets a positive answer, he switch one of them with Rentsie. Else he just decide to return Golarion the favor. Fighting force with force, as a school of piranhas begin to eat on Golarion.

Benign Transposition between Rentsie and Uwellyn or Balion, if any answer Johann's call.

Else, Empowered Maximized Consecrated Vortex of Teeth for 36 damage: half force, half sacred.

Spell Resistance: [roll0]

Ricedaddy
2016-05-21, 08:49 AM
Dietrich had barely hit the ground when he hear's Johann call to stand, and a brief surge of magic lifts him to his feet. If the javelin will only make things worse, then it has to be the sword.

"I'm going back in. I doubt I'll survive. If I fall to the red haze again clear away from me. I have no wish to harm any of you." Dietrich says, then turns to Golarion, "Except for you."

A quick word spoken and arcane energy releases from his boots. In no time he has come close to Golarion, blade singing through the air as he cuts and gaps in the fey's armor, and tries to deliver a crushing blow to a crack in the breastplate.

The full might of the samurai is behind this attack

Swift action to active my quicksilver boots. Use that free movement to get next to Golarion.

Full Attack:
Kiai Smite (one use left for the day)
Power attack -3/+6

Katana Attack 2: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]
Katana Attack 3: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]

AlanBruce
2016-05-21, 05:20 PM
@Johann: Had it not been for Arrallae's divine power, you would have ended like minced meat and shredded robes on the bloody marble floor.

This guy is unstoppable! But even a mighty warrior such as he has to go down inevitably.

Ordering Dietrich to stand, the samurai gets back on his feet and charges towards Golarion... hopefully not for the last time.

Balion places his hand on Reintse's forehead as a minor curative spell brings the young paladin back and the Old Guardian holds him down with one hand.

"Don't be hasty, boy- in your condition, going in there will get you killed. You are a paladin, right? Patch your wounds and take a breather... it's in their hands now.""

Reintse gets up and looks at all of you and even you behind the curtain of blades.

"Thank you, Johann.""

Uwellyn grips her blade and looks at you as the magic still lingers in the air.

"I'm going in..."

@Dietrich: He needs to go down now. Johann took two strands from Jacob and both have been used already.

If anybody does now, that's it!

You activate your boots and become as blurry as a ghost, rushing towards Golarion. The risk exists that you may be struck on your way, given his monstrous strength and reach...

And so it happens, as you near him, the wicked chain strikes your body with punishing force.

"You wish to bring my downfall, Dietrich? But can you remain standing?""

68 damage

Normally, this would have killed any other person, but you brave on, even going through his orbiting blades, as these cut into your flesh and armor.

11 slashing damage

And at that moment. Uwellyn appears next to you as both endure the blades and fey and samurai dig their blades into the Autumn Leaves of War.

Silas is about to raise a spell with crackling lightning, when Balion holds his wrist.

"Stop.""

@The Party: Golarion's orbiting blades drop to the ground around Dietrich and Uwellyn, clanking around the blood stained marble floor.

There have been countless wounds suffered in this battle. Deaths, even. Vallantheim tested all of you to the limit as The Autumn Leaves of War takes off his helmet, which spins several feet on the bloodied floor and looks down at both his killers.

His body has been broken by blade and spell, but he remains standing as the chain drops from his hands and his claw digs deep into his belt, crushing the armor and spilling more blood onto the ground.

Uwellyn shakes her head, tears in her eyes.

"You fool! That will kill you!""

Golarion looks down at Uwellyn and his face goes pale from the loss of blood as he drops to his knees and presents both with a very peculiar gem, covered in blood:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/58/a0/f8/58a0f8442510dcae5a522c6a2e714149.jpg

"You want... this, don't you? My wounds were already fatal, Uwellyn. I have fought for way too long. Over a thousand years, to be precise.""

The Halls of Vallantheim begin to crumble as large chunks fall all over the place and the blade barrier disappears as Uwellyn kneels by the large form of her fallen consort and holds his hand, eased now from holding such chain.

"Dietrich... you mentioned to me that if it were possible, we ought to be allies. I would like to believe that to be true. If I were allowed to be born again, I would want to stand by your side, not against you.""

Balion, Reintse and Silas walk up to all of you and the Old Guardian nods to Golarion.

"You are at peace now, fey knight.""

The ceiling of Vallantheim cracks as sunlight breaks in and washes over the Ragewalker as his eyes tear up and a genuine smile draws upon his face.

Holding Uwellyn's hand in his, Golarion pulls her close to him and whispers something as Uwellyn's eyes widen in shock and the Autumn Leaves of War looks at all of you as the last few columns collapse around all of you.

"It is in your hands now... save her.""

And having said that, Golarion, who wrecked the Halls of Vallantheim with chain and spell and blood, dies in Uwellyn's hands as the dryad closes his eyes and a the mighty knight does with a smile in his face ad a single tear running down his cheek.

Silas watches the whole place crumbling and sighs, placing his hand on Uwellyn.

"Time to go.""

It's a massive spell that envelops all of you in a rumbling aura as you disappear outside of the arena's entrance as Uwellyn falls on her knees and breaks into sobs, covering her face with her hands.

Balion gets atop Aluserk and begins to ride away, with Reintse looking at Old Guardian.

"Where are you going?""

"Glacielheim. That is where Arrallae is held. That is where I am headed to.""

And without letting Reintse respond, Balion rides with his wolf into the woods as the great coliseum crumbles a few feet away from al, of you in an explosion of stone and snow.

Silas looks at both of you and then at the dryad, still lamenting what has happened.

"There is never solace in a war. Be it a victory or loss. We emerged victorious today, but I fear that the price for some must be higher than their very life.""

Chimaera
2016-05-21, 05:43 PM
Johanm watch as both Dietrich and Uwellyn take the final slashes, bringing the mighty Golarion.

He telepathically send to Golarion, Sorry for the insult. Had to break your focus", and watch the whole scene in silence.

Once away from the crumbling arena, Johann look at the crying fey, his smile gone.

"I'm sorry. For both slap anf sending you to finish him off. Reallh sorry", he says and give th dryad a silent hug.

War is really something Johann dislike.

AlanBruce
2016-05-21, 08:02 PM
@Johann: Just as he lived, he died.

Golarion asked to be strong. Strong enough to fight in the War. But in so doing, he abandoned that one thing that makes everyone human, regardless of race.

And only death did he come to understand it, as Dietrich and Uwellyn bestow upon him the final cuts that would send him to eternal rest.

The Autumn Leaves of War does not respond to you, but you can tell he probably expected this outcome to happen.

Maybe he was waiting for this for a long time.

Outside the crumbling arena that was once Vallantheim, Uwellyn gets up and dries her tears as the cold winds of the Eternal Winter wash over the once proud Hall of Champions.

"He is now with Maili... and I remain here, to protect our kin. How cruel it is to have to cut down the one you love the most, isn't it, Johann? A brave warrior died today and it is a pity we are not truly immortal...""

Uwellyn looks yonder at the bright sun that is Arrallae and the looming castle next to it.

"Because the threat that looms over us certainly is. Take this sapphire, Johann. For me, it is a grim reminder. I already have enough from my time here. Balion!""

The Old Guardian stops in his tracks and turns around.

"Coven Keeper, you are going to stop me?""

Uwellyn shakes her head as she walks up to him.

"Not stop you- join you. Johann, Dietrich and I were there when Arrallae was taken by Windemere. Even with your great strength, you would not be able to take on all of them. Let us go to a place where we can find more allies- Gartenheim, the Gloom Glade. One you know very well should be there. If you are here by Arrallae's Grace, he should as well.""

Balion looks at Uwellyn for a few seconds and sticks out his hand and helps her ride Aluserk, turning to look at all of you.

"Our destination is Glacielheim! You know what the stakes are! Fight with Courage and Valor. We will see each other in the house of Arrallae.""

And having said that, both Guardian and Keeper disappear amidst the thicket of woods.

Silas places his hand on Reintse's shoulder and then looks at the devastated ruins of Vallantheim.

"I apologize if I made anyone hurt- I could not have known what that fey was capable of doing. Sadly, we, like Balion and Uwellyn, must part ways. Gigglemug mentioned a place called Helheim, the Hall of Fallen Feathers. He and I will go there and take out another of Windmeere's leiutenats before striking Glacielheim.""

Mug Ruith looks at both and then at Silas and Reintse.

"I will go with Silas, if both of you don't mind. That Lugenheim place gave me the chills. Maybe a place with birds will liven up the mood...no?""

Silas and Reintse remain quite as Enigma flies towards Johann's shoulder and keeps her beak shut as she too looks at the remains of the Hall of Champions.

Silas gestures at the pearl and the remaining potions.

"Keep them. After the fight we had today, it would be unwise for you not to be prepared. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve.""

Reintse shakes both your hands and does a respectful bow.

"Thank you, Johann and Dietrich: Without both of you, we would not have survived. Once you have rescued those in Lugenheim, head for Kinderheim. I will ask Silas to have Gigglemug reach you...

Until we see each other again, my friends.""

And so, with a limping gait, Reintse walks with Silas and Mug Ruith and disappear in the snow and trees, leaving just the two of you with the raven in tow.

Ricedaddy
2016-05-21, 08:44 PM
Dietrich waves a farewell to this leaving. Then states at the rubble for a few moments.

"He caused us great difficulty, but he was honorable to the end. We could become like him one day, Johann. Give me a minute, please. There is something I must do to honor him."

He searches through the rubble and the trekking until he finds the suitable materials to make a grave marker. Pulling out a knife, he carves into it these words:

Here lies Golarion, the Autumn Leaves of War. A fearsome foe, he fought to the end, seeking honor and the right choice.

He places the marker against the ruins and steps back. With a nod, he approached Johann and rests a hand briefly on his shoulder.

"That'll have to do. I guess there's no hope looking for any salvage out of that rubble. Shall we go see what's keeping the others?"

Chimaera
2016-05-21, 09:50 PM
Johann pet Enigma and look as their allies begin to split once again.

"We'll proceed to help those in Lugenheim. Try to stay safe and remember: Uncle Johann is just a Sending away and there's no shame on asking for help".

He waves farewell to them all and stay thoughtful for a moment, watching as Dietrich digs a symbolic grave for Golarion.

"That's pretty nice of you", he waves to the finished work, "You did great in this battle and I want to thank you for choosing to come with me. I may be whimsical sometimes, but remember I'm very grateful", he smile and have Enigma echo a "Thank you. With her back to my side I have one less thing to worry about".

Enigma then enter into the Familiar Pocket and Johann take one last look into the ruined Hall of Champions.

"Time to meet with the others. Keep ready, since we're flying blind this time", and saying so Johann touch Dietrich's shoulder and focus on the precious gem on Aenar's possession.

They leave Valentheim as Victors. But will they be able to win the war? Or just this battle?

AlanBruce
2016-05-21, 11:01 PM
@Dietrich: You wave farewell to allies, old and new.

Who knows if you will see them again in this damned war.

And walking up to the ruins of Vallantheim, you carve a makeshift grave for the valorous Golarion, who fought alone against all odds and would have persevered, had your strength and belief not been stronger.

At that very moment, a piece of column from the debris cracks and you see a pair of the minotaur axes. The same ones used in the arena against you.

And right where you put the grave mark, a ring in autumn colors, made of metal and decorated with leaves carefully etched around it.

This ring was worn by Golarion during the battle... a parting gift for you, no doubt.

@Johann: The winds howl mercilessly as you advise Silas, Reintse and Mug to call on you should there be any problem.

Silas smiles and waves before the blizzard envelops them.

"Know you may call upon us as well, Johann! Send my regards to Xander!""

And so, with Enigma by your side, you check on your many wounds and then look at the shining star in the distance that is Arrallae.

By now, three of Windemere's top lackeys have fallen, but each battle has been monumental. A war in and of itself.

Golarion was able to be put down because you had one of Arrallae's Guardians and Uwellyn in the fight and still it was fraught with danger.

Who knows what the others are going through right now in Vallantheim.

Thusly, you place your hand on the samurai's shoulder and focus on Aenar.

And as the site of Vallantheim disappears, you can only hope you don;t reappear next to a corpse. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?479713-The-Eternal-Winter-IC&p=20805627#post20805627)