PDA

View Full Version : Siege of Triskull

Zigwat
2016-05-11, 09:58 PM
War. Oldricat had been a wasteland for two centuries already, torn by war from long ago, and continual battles through out. Now a full scale assault did the same once again. Fire flowed through what was left of the trees and the plains. War machines filled the sky with destruction, and rained down on soldiers from both sides of the conflict. The main battle began five days ago in the Orcish warcamp on the border of Triskull's main city. The Alimar forces were so very close to the city walls, that a single ballista shot shattered the very top of the wall. While it was not in a location they could use, it was a clear weakness that could be exploited.

The battle continued into the night as the transport ships bore you across the sea, from one shore of Alimar, to the inner sanctum of Triskull's outskirts. The transport was only a few hundred yards away now, and the heat of battle could clearly be heard in the distance. Inside the ship, there were many armored soldiers, all with their own individual weapons, spears, axes, and broadswords. Fighters from all over the realm came to Alimar's aide. As you were given your reporting location, you were given a red sash to put around your waist. When you boarded the transport, you noticed that the rest of the fighters, save a few, were given green sashes. It may seem odd, but perhaps it was nothing to dwell over.

The transport finally came ashore, and the bridge was pressed to land, allowing all of the soldiers to exit. On the shore, there stood three armor-clad figures. Two men, and a dwarf.

"If you wear a green sash, come with me." The sword-wielding man shouted.

"If you wear a blue sash, you are with me." The man with a bow shouted.

"And if yer wearin' red sash, yer comin' with me!" The dwarf shouted, and turned around, showing the axe and the short sword on his back, crossed in an X.

Bryconium
2016-05-14, 12:29 AM
Used to military procedure, Madeline quickly grabs her gear and steps up to the dwarf and follows him. Once she reaches him, she says, "I look forward to serving with you sir. If I might ask, what will we be doing in the army?"

Zigwat
2016-05-16, 05:19 PM
"Well, little missy, we'll be fightin' some Orcs! An' killin' em! Ye've all been selected to undergo mission of a particular nature. The troops on the field'er fightin' orcs and movin' down the battlefield to take the city, and we'll be fightin' in secret in support!" The dwarf said as he kept walking through the war camp. There were many fires. Soldiers from the battlefield were taken here when they could no longer fight. They could rest for a brief period, eat, or heal from more grievous wounds. Some of the men sat around a fire, fitting their spears back together, while cramming down food, while others put back on their armor, ready to go back into the front lines. "We've already received our first mission. First, though, I need to know yer name, and yer fighting prowess. Just introduce yerself." The dwarf said, and took off his horned helmet. "Me name's Gorfas Ironhill, I'm a fightin' dwarf from the mountains of Tringa. I'm here to kill some orcs, and not much else."

Bryconium
2016-05-17, 08:48 AM
I'm Madeline Teris. I previously served as a shock trooper under Colonel Ramson. As to my training, I'm quite an experienced front-line fighter, and I have some training as a combat-medic.

Zigwat
2016-05-17, 06:35 PM
"Brilliant!" The dwarf exclaimed as he opened the large tent flap for her, and walked in as well. "Well, we're going to take a different route than the main battlefield. Today, we're going in behind enemy lines, and taking out a choice target. Earlier, somewhere along the way, one of our ballista fire squads missed their mark completely, overshooting it by a vast margin. However, instead of hitting its original target, it hit the Triskull's main city wall! It only hit the top, but it left a huge weak spot, one that we intend to exploit!" Gorfas said, grinning, and holding up a map.

"We have a very, very old map of the city, when it was once known as Desmorn. If we are correct, then the city's layout should be somewhat similar, and if it is, there's a way into the city through the wall. Our mission is to get through the wall, and make that hole big enough of a breech to march on through."

Bryconium
2016-05-18, 01:26 PM
Madeline's eyes light up at the details of the mission. "A breach in the walls of Desmorn? That could change the course of the entire war, even bring it to an end!" Madeline laughs, " We have a chance to finally end all the killing."

Zigwat
2016-05-18, 05:29 PM
"Precisely! Triskull will be no more and Desmourn will once again be in the hands of its rightful owners! We make that breech bigger, and we'll have a strong foothold on the war! We'll have reinforcements on the way to help, but for now, it is up to us to get through that wall, and plant this at the base of the wall." Gorfas held up a large bottle of red-orange liquid. "This will give us the edge we're needin'. The trick is gettin' there. Are ye up to the task lass? Cause if yer not, we're wastin' our time!"

He went up to the tent flap and lifted it, getting out his sword and pointing the way. "If yer ready."

megatyler30
2016-05-19, 08:54 AM
Blink was busy sizing up the the people with the different colored belts. Aside from the party, he noticed what the average person with a green, blue (if there are any), and red sash. Then he noticed that the people with the red sashes were already called while he was distracted, causing him to curse under his breath for getting distracted and missing something so important. He then heads in the direction that he thinks the fellow red-sashes went and after asking a few people, makes his way to the tent. He sees a female and a dwarf coming out of the tent. He then apologizes and says: "Sorry I'm late, it won't happen again. So what will we be doing?". Then he recalls that one of the people he asked mentioned a dwarf, so he turns to the dwarf awaiting an answer.

By the way, you don't have to type out an explanation again if you don't want to, I just asked IC what we were doing since it made sense.

Bryconium
2016-05-19, 01:03 PM
Madeline's eyes light up with unexpected savagry, "You bet I'm ready, let's blow this war wide open." She follows Gorfas out of the tent.

Zigwat
2016-05-19, 06:33 PM
"Ah, there's one now. Well, if ye want to find out, ye come with us!" Gorfas said, signaling him to follow them. "Like the lady said, we're gonna blow a whole in this whole war, and give us the advantage we need to take down this damn horde." He walked both of them toward a large marching unit of swordsmen, all of them lined up and ready to go back into the battlefield. Even now, the sounds of destruction and death seemed ever closer. Gorfas nodded to the commander, who lifted his spear with the banner flapping in the wind, one with three crowns on it, in a background of royal blue.

The Commander called the men forward, and all of them began to march. Along the way, our trio walked along with them in the back. The black landscape smelled of death and smoke. Along the way, before they knew it, there was the frontlines, and it was just as destructive and horrific as they could imagine. Dead bodies of both sides lie on the sides of the battlefield, and in came the horde, charging down on them with a force just as massive as their own as the battle continued all around them.

The city was miles ahead, and seemed impossible to get to with all of the Orcs in their way, and in the distance, there even seemed to be an Ogre, giant in size, bashing through men as if they were nothing. Still, he was far off in the distance, and concentrating on other things. Now was the time for them to focus on the Orcs, and the onslaught that approached them.

Combat Encounter:
Both of you encounter six orcs, roll initiative.
Can one of you help me with this damn roller? It's not working for me.

Zigwat
2016-05-19, 06:58 PM
Testing out my roller:
[roll0]

13+1=14 Initiative

Bryconium
2016-05-19, 07:40 PM
Initiative.
[roll0]

(What I do for the dice roller is go here, http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?360837-This-is-how-you-use-the-Dice-Roller )

Modigar
2016-05-21, 05:45 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

megatyler30
2016-05-21, 05:16 PM

Zigwat
2016-05-23, 05:31 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

(+1 on all of those)

Read:
Mega, your initiative is +1, you go first after one of these Orcs, then me, then Modigar, then Bry. Be patient, I probably shouldn't have done so many at once, but this is a good way to get organized. You may post your attacks whenever you can, they will simply happen in the order of your initiative post. So pay attention to damage dealt and received.

Zigwat
2016-05-23, 05:56 PM
The first Orc approached Gorfas with a swing of his sword [roll0], the next attacked Blink with a slash of his weapon. [roll1] Gorfas retaliated with an attack from both of his dual wielded weapons. [roll2] [roll3]

Zigwat
2016-05-23, 06:01 PM
Blink was hit with one sword attack for [roll0] damage.

Gorfas scored a critical hit with his sword, Opan's fang for [roll1] x2 +6, 12 damage,slaying the orc.

Bryconium
2016-05-23, 06:55 PM
Madeline casts divine favor on herself, then moves up to an orc. She swings her sword at it, which glows with holy light.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]

megatyler30
2016-05-23, 10:07 PM
Blink attempts to slice the nearest Orc with his halberd.

In case it hits, here is the damage: [roll]1d10+4

Then after swinging his halberd, he attempts to hit the orc again with the back of it.
1d20+6
In case it hits, here is the damage: 1d4+4

megatyler30
2016-05-23, 10:12 PM
Sorry for the doublepost, I screwed up the dice rolling, here are the rolls that didn't work:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Zigwat
2016-05-24, 07:58 PM
Both of Blink's attacks missed.

An orc swung his sword at Madeline [roll0]. An orc archer, from afar, trained his arrow on Analia, and fired [roll1]

Unfortunately, Madeline's attack also missed.

Zigwat
2016-05-24, 08:01 PM
Madeline was hit for [roll0] damage.

Bryconium
2016-05-24, 08:14 PM
Concentration check with advantage: [roll0] [roll1]

Cursing the orc, Madeline steps into him with her shield raised, trying to knock him to the ground. If successful, she brings her sword down on the orc with a vengeance, if not she still attacks him.

Atheletics check: [roll4]
Attack [roll5] possible advantage [roll6]
Damage [roll7]+[roll8]
I accidently posted the concentration check twice, once in and once out of the spoiler. Want me to do it again?

Zigwat
2016-05-24, 09:38 PM
Concentration check with advantage: [roll0] [roll1]

Cursing the orc, Madeline steps into him with her shield raised, trying to knock him to the ground. If successful, she brings her sword down on the orc with a vengeance, if not she still attacks him.

Atheletics check: [roll4]
Attack [roll5] possible advantage [roll6]
Damage [roll7]+[roll8]
I accidently posted the concentration check twice, once in and once out of the spoiler. Want me to do it again?

Let's talk in the OOC Thread so we don't muddle up this thread.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?487617-Siege-of-Triskull-(OOC)

megatyler30
2016-05-24, 09:40 PM
After Orcs fight back, Blink, embarassed after two misses that not only shame his pride in his skills but also his pact, decides to go for it again, putting all his effort into landing a hit.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3]

Zigwat
2016-05-26, 11:39 PM
The next Orc's sword came straight for Analia [roll0] and the next one swiped down at Madeline. [roll1]

Madeline's sword jammed straight through the Orc's maw, coming out the back of his head as black blood spilled through his teeth and skull. Blink's attack also hit, wounding the Orc on the side of his torso, tearing through his chainmail armor and drawing copious amounts of blood. The Orc, however retaliated with another swing of his sword. [roll2]

Gorfas came straight for the next Orc in his sights with his axe and sword at the same time, charging into them with abandon. [roll3] [roll4]

Zigwat
2016-05-26, 11:45 PM
Analia was hit with [roll0].

Gorfas hit the orc for [roll1] x2 +6, completely beheading it with his sword.

Modigar
2016-05-28, 03:29 PM
Analia starts humming a rather more aggressive tune as she goes on the offensive, swinging a momentarily burning sword towards the nearest orc.

Firstly, cast Hex on the orc I'm moving to target, penalising strength-based skill checks. After which, Green-Flame Blade, so if I hit, if there's another enemy within 5ft, they will take 4 damage.
Damage: [roll1], with an additional [roll2]

Bryconium
2016-05-28, 08:45 PM
Madeline charges another orc, attempting to knock him down. She then swings her sword, still glowing with holy light, at the orc.

atheletics to knock down: [roll0] Attack with possible advantage: [roll1] [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] + [roll4]
messed up roll, re-did it. The damage comes out to 14 with an 11 rolled in the OOC thread.

megatyler30
2016-05-30, 03:16 PM
Blink only half-satisfied, swings viciously yet again hoping to hit the Orc and hard.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Zigwat
2016-05-31, 09:56 AM
Three orcs remained. Blink's attack missed, and Gorfas was up next with a swing of his axe and sword at one of the remaining orcs in front of him that was attacking Analia [roll0] [roll1].

Analia's attack missed, with Madeline remaining against an orc who attacked her with his sword. [roll2]

As Gorfas attacked the Orc, that orc was already attacking Analia with his bow. [roll3]

the next orc attacked Blink [roll4]

Whether the orc hit Madeline or not, Madeline's sword pierced through his chest, drawing extreme amounts of blood and killing him where he stood.

Zigwat
2016-05-31, 10:07 AM
Analia was once again hit with a bow

Blink was hit with a sword.

Two Orcs remain. One attacking Blink and another attacking Analia.

EDIT!: IGNORE THAT DAMAGE!!!!

Zigwat
2016-05-31, 10:16 AM
[roll0] Damage to Analia.

[roll1] Damage to Blink.

megatyler30
2016-06-01, 08:27 PM
Blink, upon getting hit yet again and starting to bleed, Blink decides to cast darkness on himself (more specifically his armor) in order to make himself hard to hit and improve his chances to hit the orcs.

Note that Blink has the Devil's Sight Invocation allowing him to see through the darkness due to the spell. So in short, this makes it so enemies have disadvantage while Blink has advantage on attack rolls.

Bryconium
2016-06-02, 02:57 AM
If any orcs are still up outside of the sphere of darkness Madeline charges and attacks.
Damage: [roll1] [roll2]

Modigar
2016-06-03, 08:12 AM
Once more Analia leaps forwards, towards the closest visible foe, and thrusts towards them, sword blazing.

Second verse, same as the first, green flame blade once more.
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1] [roll2], and on a hit, 4 fire damage to an enemy adjacent to the target, if any.

Zigwat
2016-06-06, 10:30 AM
Gorfas came to the final Orc in their battle who had a sword and started slicing with his axe and sword in hand. [roll0] [roll1]

Madeline's sword punctured the Orc's heart and then sliced it in two, causing its blood to spill by the gallons as it dropped to the ground. The archer Orc was no more.

Zigwat
2016-06-06, 10:35 AM
Gorfas's sword hit for [roll0] killing the final Orc.

"Let's go! MOVE!" Gorfas ordered the other three as he began to run through the rest of the battlefield as the battle raged on. He got them all to the side of a pile of rubble that use to be a catapult. "Do not stop until we have reached the wall. We're going to take the long road, one that they do not have guarded because all of their forces are concentrated here. Now run! And do not stop for anything!" Gorfas led their run as they began to venture into the land of Triskull.

Bryconium
2016-06-06, 11:37 AM
"Yes Sir!" Madelines moves away from the carnage, following Gorfas away from the battle. As they move away, she says "If anyone needs any healing, I have some magic to help."

I got 20 points of lay on hands for the party.

Modigar
2016-06-07, 05:04 PM
"Sure thing." She starts moving with it. "Gotta admit, as far as auditions go, that probably ranks as my worst. I swear I can do better than that..."

Could do with a fair chunk of that healing over here, down 15.

Zigwat
2016-06-10, 09:20 AM
Encounter Roll: [roll0]

As they went through the wastelands of Triskull's outskirts, they happened upon two Orc guardsmen, both of them with spears, however, with a short wall that covered their advance, our heroes were not seen by the two. Gorfas stopped both of them, and peaked out at the two guards to see that they were clueless, as they concentrated on guarding the distant Orc encampment that was off behind them. Even though the encampment was all but abandoned with their soldiers fighting in the field, they were forced to stand guard. This, of course, made both of them very angry.

"Rotten bastards went off to fight, now once they get back, they'll be getting enough tail to fill a brothel. Miserable maggots!" The first guard said, squeezing his spear.

"Well, at least we'll get anyone who comes this way, if they come this way."

"IF they come this way! That's a big if!"

Gorfas signaled to the other three behind him. He more or less asked either one of them if they had some sort of throwing weapon to take the two out unnoticed.

Bryconium
2016-06-10, 11:03 AM
"I've got this," Madeline says pulling out a javelin, "Orcs won't know what hit them."
She quickly stands and throws the spear at the further guard.

Assuming that no one stops her with a better plan, she throws the javelin at the further orc.
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Also, can we assume that in the run over, she healed Analia for 15 points?

Modigar
2016-06-13, 06:14 PM
Analia starts humming to herself, barely audibly, and calls her blade to hand, ready to leap into battle, even as she directs her focus on the closest.

Zigwat
2016-06-17, 10:06 AM
Perception Orc [roll0]

"What was that?!" One of the orcs saw the projectile fly by, and looked around. "Someone is near!"

"It probably came from the battlefield." The other orc offered an explanation.

"You blundering fool! Check the area! Kill anyone who is near!" The two of them brought up their spears and started looking.

We still have the surprise, so roll your attacks.

Zigwat
2016-06-17, 10:18 AM
Not wasting any time, Gorfas did not have far to charge, he brought around his axe, followed by his sword into the chest of the Orc nearest them. He gave a great cry as he struck! Both the Axe and the Sword embedded themselves into his chest, and blood poured out of his wounds as he was taken down clean and efficient.

The other Orc was alerted to the dwarf.

Attack: [roll0] [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] [roll3]

Modigar
2016-06-17, 04:59 PM
Leaping forward, Analia takes another fiery swing at the orc she directed her focus to before.

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] Additionally, on a hit, an adjacent enemy of mine takes 4 damage, if relevant.

Bryconium
2016-06-22, 12:49 AM
In case any of the orcs are still up, Madeline charges in and attempts to stab him with her sword.
Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Zigwat
2016-06-24, 10:30 PM
While Analia's attack missed, Madeline's sword struck home. The sword drew a lot of blood, and the orc stumbled a great deal. Still, to everyone's surprise, he was still standing. With a lunge of his spear, he attacked Madeline with a great roar!

Attack:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

With no time to lose, Gorfas attacked once again. Cleaving downward with his axe and sword at the same time.

Attack: [roll2] [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] [roll5]

The orc's spear struck Madeline in the left oblique abdominal region, drawing blood. As he did, though, Gorfas's axe sliced the orc wide open, and spilled his blood across the ground.

Gorfas turned to Madeline. "Are ye alright, lass? Come! Let us go into the Orc encampment and find some bandages. Ye need aide." The dwarf motioned toward the tent as he attempted to act as a crutch to Madeline and her wound.

Bryconium
2016-06-28, 04:04 PM
Though visibly in pain, Madeline still manages to maintain her posture despite her wounds. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine for now. Let's keep going, we have a mission to complete don't we?" Despite her tough words she still accepts Gorfas's help, as it does something to help the pain.

Zigwat
2016-06-29, 12:46 PM
After bandaging up Madeline in the very large tent, they were ready to head back out.

HOWEVER! The back of the tent rolled up like a window shade, and the opening became large enough to bare inside a gigantic ogre. This ogre was not only huge, but ravenous, and its primal instincts never seemed to dissipate. Only he, and his trainer entered into the tent. It seemed as if more were supposed to show up, but they never made it out of the battle.

They were in another part of the large tent, closed off from sight, but any sudden movements could tip off the huge, wild ogre and set it into a rage of attack. Gorfas was quick to hide and pull Madeline down with him.

"I'm not for fightin' a bastard such as this. Quiet as ye can, let's go." Gorfas whispered in her ear, and kept his eyes on the monstrosity. He slowly began to make his way out of the tent.

Stealth: [roll0]

Bryconium
2016-06-30, 08:45 PM
Madeline whispers, I don't want to fight him, but I'm not good at the sneaky stuff, so be ready." She tries to sneak away as well, though is prepared for the ogre noticing her.

Stealth check with disadvantage from armor, Oh Boy! [roll0] [roll1]

Zigwat
2016-06-30, 10:25 PM
Perception roll: [roll0] HA! Wow, lucky.

They moved out of the tent without being noticed. He motioned for them to carry on through the remainder of Oldricat. Ambling through the zone between the battlefield and the main city of Triskull would be somewhat of a chore. There wasn't a horrible distance to go, but the closer the got, the more apt they were to be noticed.

Roll for Perception, if you would.

Bryconium
2016-07-01, 01:50 AM
Amazed that the ogre didn't spot her, Madeline decides not to question their good fortune and retreats out of the tent. Deeper into Oldricat she takes a moment and looks around.

Perception: [roll0]

Zigwat
2016-07-05, 01:44 PM
From the North, there came a large band of Orcs, brandishing weapons. They were fresh reinforcements, for sure, and there were well over 20 of them. They were not close enough to notice a Dwarf and herself, however, their torches were a silent notification to their position.

However, they did not allow her to predict a spearman throwing a projectile javelin straight for her. She did, however, see it coming, and had ample chance to parry it. [roll0] She did not, however, and it sliced against her arm, cutting it deep, blood flowing from it freely.

The problem, however, was that this spearman was a scout, and he began to retreat.

"Damnit! He's gonna tell them Orcs we're here! Stop'em!" There was no time to worry about her wound. The dwarf set off with all speed to give chase.

Damage for your hit is a simple 4, he had a low roll. Now you must roll to see how fast you catch up to him.

Bryconium
2016-07-05, 02:59 PM
[roll0] Wasn't sure what the roll was, so I just rolled initiative. I also don't know how far the orc is from me, so I'll just post a few options here.

If the orc is within 30 ft of her, she'll run towards it and attempt to stab it with her sword.

If the orc is within 90 ft of her, Madeline will move till she is within 60 ft of the orc. She then extends her hand and Commands the orc to APPROACH. She then moves so she is at least 30 ft away from the orcs starting point.

If the orc is more than 90 ft from her, she'll just take the dash action to approach it.

Attack [roll1] Damage: [roll2]
The spell Command has a dc of 13 vs wisdom.

Zigwat
2016-07-05, 03:32 PM
Honestly, I was going to have the two of you roll a run, but with a spell like that, it's not really needed at this point. You actually backed him into a corner. Nice job

The sword jammed into his left midsection, spraying black blood behind him and causing him to lurch over. Giving Gorfas a great deal of time to work with as he was able to charge in with his axe swinging downward, and his sword hooking back toward his flank. [roll0] [roll1]

The axe chopped into his collarbone, cleaving it all the way down into his heart, causing it to cut wide open.

Zigwat
2016-07-05, 03:51 PM
Damage: [roll0] It honestly didn't matter, with 3 hp left, he's pretty well dead. And of course, I roll max damage. Typical.

With the scout dead, the Dwarf quickly pulled Madeline back behind a ridge, one that was man-made in order to cover archers on the battlefield. The city's wall was ever so close, however, without any rest, even the dwarf was starting to wane in his fatigue after such constant battle. Behind the ridge, there was a large foxhole, one that hadn't been used for a great deal of time. The Orc band in the distance had already passed them by without notice, and were now fighting reinforcements of the Alimar army.

"Alright lass, ye lay yer head down for a bit, ye have two hours to catch some rest, so make the most of it. I'll watch over ye, and I'll be takin' my turn after ye." He took off his helmet and took a long swig of his waterskin. He let out a great sigh, and decided now would be a good time to eat some rations.

Revive your HP for a long rest, as well as your spells and whatever else you need to revive. I'm making this uninterrupted, I think we've earned it so far.

Rysto
2016-07-06, 09:59 AM
Across a moonlit battlefield ran a young half-elf woman, panic leading her to forgo cover or any attempt to move silently. Have to run; have to hide. They're going to catch me they must be right behind me! Looking up at the moon, she whispered a prayer. Oh sweet Sehanine, hear my plea: hide all trace of my passage.

With her eyes raised skyward, she did not see a large rock in her path and she tripped over it. She crashed to the ground with a noise that sounded to her like it should have echoed across half of Triskull. She winced in pain and trembled with fear, but around her was nothing but dead silence. Maybe I lost them? Quick, find a place to hide!

Looking around, she quickly spotted a large hole in the ground, dark enough to be impenetrable even to the elven senses her mother had gifted her with. She scrambled back to her feet and quickly made her way into the hole, only to realize that she'd made a mistake. In the dim light she saw a dark silhouette. Stifling a scream, she let arcane energy flow through her for the umpteenth time that night, but she held back when she realized that the figure was far too short to be an Orc.

A dwarf? she asked. Are you with Alimar? Oh merciful Tymora, thank you. She leaned back against the wall of the hole and slowly lowered herself into a seated position, then drew her knees in front of her and began shivering uncontrollably.

Bryconium
2016-07-06, 01:02 PM
The commotion waking her up, Madeline rolls off her sleeping mat and fumbles in the dark for her sword and shield. Raising them in front of her, she addresses the darkness, ""Who goes there? Identify yourself!

Rysto
2016-07-06, 01:15 PM
The young woman jerked back a bit. "I'm --" she hesitates a moment, and then continues. "You can call me Surly. I'm from the 9th Company, 2nd Legion. Although..." She buries her face in her hands and whispers, "I think that I am the 9th Company now. They're all dead. Good Tyr, they're all dead..."

Zigwat
2016-07-06, 01:26 PM
The Dwarf, instantly ready for another combat saw the lady who looked like an elf, just not quite. He came up to her and offered his hand to help her into the fox hole.

"Goodday, lass. I wish we had a fire or some food to offer, but we're in this hellhole the same as ye." He said, and saw that the trauma of war had gotten to her as well. The Orcs, while not pushing forward, were not pulling back either, and their rage of war was not at all exaggerated, as both the Alimar and Triskull armies clashed in the heat of battle, with more battles branching from it as Alimar clawed its way toward the city. "Rest for a moment, I'll be keeping watch. Name's Gorfas Ironhill, I'm leading our expedition into the city itself. Yer fortunate to have made it this far in Triskull. If yer needin' help, we can be of service, but only if yer willin' to kill some Orcs with us!"

"Keep sleepin' lass, ye've still got time." Gorfas turned to Madeline and bayed her back down.

Rysto
2016-07-06, 02:23 PM
The Dwarf, instantly ready for another combat saw the lady who looked like an elf, just not quite. He came up to her and offered his hand to help her into the fox hole.
Surly reached out and took his hand, but gasped as a small surge of her magic sent a minor electric shock through the dwarf. "Sorry!" she said as she drew her hand back. "My magic just does that sometimes."

"Yer fortunate to have made it this far in Triskull."
Surly laughed bitterly at that. "Yeah. Fortunate. I've always been lucky. But I guess that doesn't extend to the people around me, does it?."

"If yer needin' help, we can be of service, but only if yer willin' to kill some Orcs with us!"

Surly flinches at the mention of fighting more Orcs. "I'll -- I'll try." She sat motionless in the darkness, eyes staring out blankly into space. After several minutes, she woodenly removed her bedroll from her backpack and lay upon it, using her cloak as a blanket.

Asimov91
2016-07-06, 03:06 PM
Normally, the night gave Seta the cover he needed, but when dealing with orcs, he was on equal footing. His fast feet made it so that he was an ideal messenger going between foxholes and different skirmishes. I swear sometimes this army would be lost without me, I just hope that the next group I run into isn't as incompetent as the last. Seta remembers the slaughter before, with black arrows in the throats of the entire group he ran into, one man still clinging on desperately. Seta instantly regretted his thoughts. May you all rest in peace. I will do my best to make your sacrifice worth it.

He eventually finds a dark hole, knowing immediately that the orcs would be unlikely to spend their time in a hole when they could be running around raping and pillaging and destroying all in their path. It seems I've found my next port of service! Seta quickly jumps into the hole and finds he is indeed in good company, recognizing in particular the half elf. Good evening my lovelies, how are you faring? I've been running around this past hour looking for a team to assist, and tripped over many an orc corpse in the meanwhile.

Zigwat
2016-07-07, 01:56 PM
They had already changed shifts once, and were as well rested as they could be with all of the ruckus going on around them from every angle. The war raged on as it would on the battleground, neither side giving way, though it was clear that ground was lost to the orcs, though it may only be a small portion. The dwarf awoke to see that Madeline was still, there, as well as their new recruit, but out from the shadows came another. The light from the sun was a little more visible, but the black clouds of war still hung over the field like a looming presence, and the shadow approached them, and Gorfas almost readied his weapons, until he saw that this was, in fact, an ally.

"Aye, we're makin' our way to the city. We got a mission to do. If yer fer offerin' help, I'm not one to turn ye away." He turned to his recruits. "Madeline, Surly! Get yer things and eat on the go. It's time to go! Now, you..." He pointed to the newcomer. "What's yer name?" He asked as he rallied his band, and started toward the city once again.

Rysto
2016-07-07, 02:48 PM
Surly sat bolt upright after being awoken, electricity cracking between her fingers. She looked around wildly for any threats and slumped in relief when she realized she was safe. After taking a few minutes to get her breathing back under control, she stood, fastened her finely-made but stained cloak around her neck, and then put away her bedroll.

Finally, she withdrew her wand and made a number of warding gestures with it. "I do have to warn you all: this spell makes me luckier, but it didn't do my squad-mates any favours. It might not be a good idea to stand too close to me."

Casting Mage Armour, bringing my AC to 13+2 = 15. The spell lasts for 8 hours.

Finally, Surly took her waterskin and some rations from her backpack and began eating as she waited for her companions to be ready to leave.

Asimov91
2016-07-07, 03:51 PM
Seta grinned at the dwarf, walking over and outstretching his hand. "My name is as of now aside from my life and company one of my most valuable possessions, and here I give it freely. You can call me Seta, and I'd be happy to help. I make for an excellent scout and skirmisher, so be assured I will be of use."
He puts his other hand on the knife's handle that hangs through his belt loop. Now which way my stocky new compatriot?"

If we have a marching order, Seta will take the front or near front position to use his eyes and high perception to their fullest.

Bryconium
2016-07-08, 11:10 AM
Surveying the two sudden additions to the team, Madeline says, "I'm truly glad you two are coming with us, this is a noble mission and with your help we can bring this war to an end. Honestly, we are in rather sore need of your talents; Gorfas and I are great fighters, but we are sorely lacking in other areas. If everyone is ready, let's move out!"

Zigwat
2016-07-08, 06:43 PM
"We're on our way to the main city, over there just a mile away now. Take caution, though. The closer we get, the greater the danger, and chances that we get noticed." Gorfas said as he marched along with them, Seta in the front with his keen senses. "We will approach it from the east wall, there is a secret entrance there where we can slip through."

With that, he directed them more eastward as they approached the city walls. It was a long and arduous trudge through the battlefield, but soon, there they came to the wall, having narrowly escaped being spotted by the reinforcements exiting out of the city. With such a huge force opposing them in Oldricat, the Orcs did not take notice to a small quartet of Alimar fighters.

Then, once they got to the spot they were intended to invade. At that point, though, Gorfas's heart sank. The alleged "secret passage" on the wall had quite a problem.

There stood a barracks attached to the wall on the eastern side.

"Damnit all to the thousandth hell! Whether they know it or not, they've stifled our entry with random buildings full of soldiers." Gorfas said, looking at his band. "Alright, we need a plan. There probably isn't much in the ways of soldiers in there. But there's bound to be something there to stop us. Any ideas?"

Asimov91
2016-07-08, 07:00 PM
If we can afford the time, perhaps we would be best to observe for a stretch. Failing that, distractions are always a useful way of clearing out a barrack, no? Seta ponders for a moment as he tries to find a good safe angle to observe the orcs from. Explosions, women, meat, or a fearsome commander all would work wonders.

Can I tell what the barracks are made of? (i.e. wood)

Bryconium
2016-07-08, 09:25 PM
"We want a less conspicuous distraction so more orcs don't come running. That probably means fire or explosions are out of the question."
Madeline ponders for a moment.
"Maybe one of us could draw some of them into an ambush..."

Rysto
2016-07-08, 09:38 PM
Surly frowns at that idea. "I'm not sure how well we can prepare an ambush without even know what we're facing. Can anybody see any windows on the ground floor? If we could see what's in there, that could make planning easier.

So, any windows that a stealthy person could try and sneak a peak through?

Edit: Also, any good places for an ambush around? An empty building with a defensible door would be nice.

Zigwat
2016-07-10, 12:23 AM
There are no windows, but with the fireplace on the inside, there are shadows of things on the cloth walls. It is more or less a well-built tent with wooden frame sturdy enough to keep it from getting blown over by a decent storm. The rest of the area around it is flat land, and grass. The best you could hope for is tall grass, but even then, that's pretty much dead from all of the fires in the area.

"Nay, even if we had five more men, an ambush would be risky. However, a woman's cry for help, now that would be something to come running to. Volunteers?" The dwarf grinned at the two ladies. Then his face got serious again. "We'll have one of you outside of the tent, giving a cry for help, saying ye can't find yer husband or mother or whatever they'll believe. The rest of us will be at the main doorway, hiding, and waiting for them to come through. With their attention turned, we should be able to strike down a good number of them afore they know what's happenin'. With any luck, there won't be too many of them, as many of them are already out fightin'. Any questions?"

Rysto
2016-07-10, 10:19 AM
Surly looked Madeline up and down, and then whimpered. "I'll do it. If Madeline tries they'll know something is up as soon as they see her in that armour." Surly dropped her backpack at her feet, folded her cloak on top of it and lay down her crossbow and daggers. "There. This will work better if I'm obviously" -- she gulped -- "unarmed. Go get into position. I'm going to keep my back to them so it's not immediately obvious that I'm half-elf. Hopefully that buys you a couple of extra seconds. I won't be able to see them coming so give me a shout when I need to get up and start running. Use a hand signal to tell me when to start shouting."

Gripping her wand tightly in a pair of trembling hands, Surly watched her companions attempt to sneak to the tent's entrance.

Asimov91
2016-07-10, 04:18 PM
[roll0] (Stealth Roll)
Seta nods in agreement to Surly and whispers Don't worry, if nothing else I'll be at your side as quick as can be if things get dicey. Seta winks and grins and begins the slow deliberate move to stealthiy reach a proper position to ambush the orcs in.

Bryconium
2016-07-10, 10:40 PM
Madeline tries to find a wall or other structure that will conceal most of her, as far away from Surly as possible while still being able to reach her quickly. Hoping her armor doesn't give her away, she crouches down and waits for the signal.

Stealth with disadvantage: [roll0] [roll1]
trying to find a spot about 20 or so feet away from surly.

Zigwat
2016-07-11, 11:18 PM
Gorfas quietly and quickly got to his companions as he pulled both of his weapons out and waited by the door.

[roll0]

The two metal weapons nicked one another as he pulled them out, however, and he wasn't as quiet as he should have been. Still, whether they heard or not, they were all in position, and he pointed to Surly, signaling her to create the distraction. He only hoped that their plan would work, and he took his position to take on whatever was inside that god-forsaken barracks.

Rysto
2016-07-11, 11:27 PM
With her companions all in position, Surly moved to a spot that was easily visible from the door to the barracks. Wanting to put some space between herself and whatever it was she was acting as bait for, she chose a spot 40 feet from the entrance. Then she lay on the ground, back turned to the barracks, and screamed out in Orcish. "Help! I need a healer! Oh vengeful Gruumsh, it hurts so much!" Surly continued to groan as though in pain, writhing and grabbing her abdomen with both hands.

Deception: [roll0]

Zigwat
2016-07-13, 10:05 AM
There were sounds inside of the barracks, there were deep, grumbling voices, and they sounded like they were in a hurry all of the sudden. They shuffled around for a moment, and then came out. There were two grunts with axes in their hands, both of them halfway armored, obviously not ready for combat.

"What is this?! How did this woman get all the way to the city? What is the meaning of this?!" One of them said as they approached her.

Then came a much larger Orc, one who was not armored, but clothed in what looked like the garb of a shaman. He held four feathers in his fingers, and one of his eyes was an empty socket.

"Do not underestimate her, I feel magic upon her. Take her, and bring her to the prison!"

Rysto
2016-07-13, 10:34 AM

Asimov91
2016-07-13, 02:32 PM

Bryconium
2016-07-13, 05:42 PM

Zigwat
2016-07-13, 07:03 PM
My bad, this is a stealth attack. Asimov, STRIKE!!! How fitting that the rogue stealth attack first.

Asimov91
2016-07-13, 07:25 PM
Seta gleefully sneaks up as the giant orc finishes speaking whatever he is saying. Well, I suppose these morons will be easier to handle without the big one. Seta draws out his shortsword and strikes at him from behind.
Moving up to big orc from behind, assuming my 45ft is enough.
Stealth Roll (to approach) [roll0]
Attack Roll, Advantage (Shortsword) [roll1] [roll2]
Damage roll (if it hits)[roll3]
Bonus Action, Flurry of Blows -1 Ki point.
Flurry of Blows 1 [roll4]
Flurry of Blows 1 damage (if hits) [roll5]
Flurry of Blows 2 [roll6]
Flurry of Blows 2 damage (if hits) [roll7]

Bryconium
2016-07-13, 09:32 PM
Madeline charges out from her cover towards the Eye of Gruumsh. Slamming into him with her shield to knock him down, she then attempts to drive her sword into his innards.

Assuming I can reach the Eye. If I can't, I'll hit the closest one.
Bonus action shield slam to knock him down. Athletics check:[roll0]
Attack with possible advantage: [roll1][roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Rysto
2016-07-13, 10:07 PM
Surly squealed at the orc shaman's words, and had to spend a few seconds to take a deep breath and calm her nerves. Once her hand had stopped shaking enough that should could perform a spell, she scrambled back to her feet, spun towards the orcs and launched a spray of acid towards the orc shaman. If she was really lucky, she might even catch a second orc in the crossfire.

With her spell cast, Surly moved as far away from the advancing orcs as possible.

Surly casts Acid Splash. The shaman must succeed on a DC15 Dex save or take [roll0] acid damage. If a second orc is within 5 feet of the shaman, they must also succeed on a DC15 Dex save or take the damage as well. The spell has a maximum of 2 targets, so the third orc is safe.

Movement: Surly spends 15ft of movement standing, and another 15ft moving away from the orcs.

Zigwat
2016-07-13, 10:40 PM
The Rogue struck the Orc with his dagger, causing him to yowl in pain. But as he turned to the Rogue, another sword came from nowhere, and gashed his chest with a horrible strike, drawing a great deal of blood. He was still up, though

DEX: [roll0]
DEX: [roll1]
DEX: [roll2] (nix)

The Orc to the Shaman's left was hit by the horrible attack. He lifted his arm to block it, but the acid began to burn his arm a great deal. That was when Gorfas came out from the other side of the Orc which was not hit with the spell. His axe and sword came straight up into his chest simultaneously.

Zigwat
2016-07-13, 10:46 PM
[roll0] [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] Critical Hit = 18 damage [roll3]

Gorfas successfully beheaded the Orc Grunt, causing his head to tumble down, followed by his body.

The Orc with the burned arm came upon Gorfas from the side, and swung an axe straight at him.

The Shaman, though battered a great deal, was still up and in stance as he pointed a finger straight at Seta. With a glowing hand, he set Burning Hands upon him.

You will need a reflex saving throw set at half your reflex. You'll need to beat a roll of 10.

Zigwat
2016-07-13, 11:19 PM
Orc Attack: [roll0]

Asimov91
2016-07-14, 01:41 AM
Dexterity Saving Throw [roll0]

Zigwat
2016-07-14, 09:24 AM
Damage: [roll0]

Seta was blasted by fire, and the Orc shaman grinned at this.

Begin next round attacks!

Bryconium
2016-07-14, 11:16 AM
Madeline comes in on the Eye again, attempting to carve off his outstretched arm.

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Asimov91
2016-07-14, 02:30 PM
Seta's shortsword and first unarmed strike (an elbow to the back) don't land with any sense of authority. The follow up knee strike finally does something, but the shaman isn't too affected. His follow up strike with the flames confirmed that much, and the grin on his dumb face makes him irritated. Time to wipe that smirk off that face of yours.

Seta as a free action will drop his shortsword and draw his staff. If Madeline or Gorkas is within 5 feet of the shaman. will add stealth damage.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1] [roll2]
Bonus Action Martial Art attack
Attack Roll: [roll3]
Damage Roll: [roll4]

HP at 21/27

Rysto
2016-07-14, 04:24 PM
Surly screamed in fear as the remaining Orc warrior attacked Gorfas. "No! I won't let you Orcs hurt any more of my friends!" She reached out her right hand with a strangling gesture, and a ghostly hand appeared before the Orc and tried to mimic the motion on his neck.

Action: Cast Chill Touch
Damage: [roll1] necrotic

Zigwat
2016-07-14, 05:37 PM
The shaman's grin was wiped quite well off of his face as new holes appeared in his torso, and his arm disappeared into a stub.

Gorfas was able to stave off the Orc's attack with his sword raised to block the attack. However, that was when a mysterious, ghostly hand came from nowhere, and grasped the Orc by the throat. [roll0] He was raised into the air, extreme hindered breathing and choking sounds emitting from him as he struggled to free himself from the grasp!

The dwarf furrowed his brow in a puzzled expression, but shrugged it off and took the advantage attack with both his weapons.

Attack: [roll1] [roll2]
Damage: [roll3][roll4]

The Orc regained his footing, though he still hindered his breath, he came back at Gorfas, blocking his weapons by grabbing his hands, and striking at Gorfas with his axe once again.

Zigwat
2016-07-14, 05:46 PM
Orc Attack: [roll0]

Asimov91
2016-07-14, 05:59 PM
Seta rushes at the final orc with his staff in hand, prepared to beat him senseless. Boy today was turning into a nice one!
Seta will rush to the final orc. Since Gorfas is within 5 ft, add stealth damage (1d6)

Damage Roll: [roll1] + [roll2]
Bonus Martial Art attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

Rysto
2016-07-14, 06:02 PM
"I said, I won't let you hurt them anymore! Now stay down!" Once more Surly's ghostly hand appeared and throttled the Orc.

Action: Chill Touch

Zigwat
2016-07-14, 06:34 PM
The Orc fell, and fell hard, blood bursting from his wounds, and his air canal being crushed. Gorfas was hit by the Orc's axe, but only a glancing blow, drawing seeping blood. Gorfas looked at the cut on his arm, and shrugged it off.

"Alright, let's go, it should be clear now." He motioned for them to follow him into the barracks, picked back up his axe and started into it.

Bryconium
2016-07-14, 06:39 PM
Pushing her hair out of her eyes, Madeline follows Gorfas and the rest as they move it the barracks, alert for any signs of ambush

Rysto
2016-07-14, 07:04 PM
Surly hurried to rejoin her companions at the barracks' door. "Should we look for medical supplies or something before we go? My sergeant was always saying that if you have the chance to scavenge something from an enemy camp, do it. Of course, he was also fond of reminding us that the longer you stay in one place, the better the chance that the enemy will stumble over your position. And we have left a couple of" -- she gulped -- "clues that Alimar forces were here out there."

If we have time to search for supplies:

Investigate: [roll0]

Asimov91
2016-07-14, 07:16 PM
Seta listens to Surly and nods his head. He pats Surly on the shoulder. Sounds like Sur' has a good point. Boss man, care to lend me your burly muscles while we dispose of these greenies? Seta grabs the shaman's severed arm and tosses it into the barracks. That's a good start I think.

Zigwat
2016-07-15, 08:52 AM
Gorfas turned to them as he walked and stopped. "Wha? Oh, yeah. Good point. Come on Seta, let's get rid of these... uhh... clues." Gorfas, showing a great deal of strength, picked up an orc over his shoulder, and then slung another one over his other shoulder, and brought them into the tent.

Str Roll: [roll0]

Asimov91
2016-07-15, 03:07 PM
Strength Roll: [roll0]

Asimov91
2016-07-15, 03:10 PM
Seta goes and grabs the last orc and surprisingly manages to huck it over his shoulder, though the strain is significant! Let it go on record that so far this exact moment has been my least enjoyable part of our adventure together! He struggles the whole way to the tent to toss him in.

Zigwat
2016-07-15, 03:24 PM
The two of them enter the barracks together, with a bunch of orcs over their shoulders. As they toss the bodies into that dark place, a gigantic hand slammed down onto the ground to pick up the Shaman and pull it to a massive Ogre. The ogre stood seven feet tall, and out weighed the entire group two fold! Gorfas's face lost its complexion as he gazed into that bald, peach-skinned monstrosity as it rose to its feet, and took a large bite out of the shaman's upper torso, crunching him and tearing off a portion like freshly baked bread. Its eyes were yellow as it sneered at them, black blood covering the lower half of its face. Obviously, it was reinforcements awaiting orders from its masters, but now it stood before the four of them, towering over them with its massive size, and massive appetite.

It growled toward them, and Gorfas swallowed hard.

"Ye care to wager that'll change soon, Seta?" He said as he pulled his weapons from his sides.

Gorfas Initiative: [roll0]
Ogre Initiative: [roll1]

Rysto
2016-07-15, 03:26 PM

Bryconium
2016-07-15, 06:06 PM
Following Gorfas and Seta into the barracks, Madeline comes face to face with the ogre, and frantically reaches for her sword.

Asimov91
2016-07-15, 06:22 PM
That was the worst comeback ever universe. Of all time. Seta hucks the body down, and draws his bo staff again

Zigwat
2016-07-15, 07:32 PM
"I'm not for knowin' what ye mean, Seta." He said, never taking his eyes off of the Ogre. "But I'll ream ye for it later! ATTACK!!!" He shouted as he came at the beast with his axe and sword drawn! He growled as he came at the beast, but the beast, with his longer reach, struck at Gorfas first with his improvised club from a broken, large chair.

Ogre Attack: [roll0]

Rysto
2016-07-15, 07:59 PM
Surly's nerves were still on a hair trigger after that last fight. When the huge ogre loomed out of the dim light, her reflexes kicked in with a vengeance. Electricity crackled up and down her arm as she gathered a ball of lightning her hand, and quick as a flash she threw it at the huge target.

Action: Cast Chromatic Orb from a level 2 slot
Attack Roll: 1d20+7/roll]
Damage: [roll0] lightning

Rysto
2016-07-15, 08:01 PM
Attack roll: [roll0]

Bryconium
2016-07-15, 08:01 PM
Madeline lets out a shout and charges forward, swinging her sword at the ogre. as her sword comes down, it briefly flashes with holy light.

Damage: [roll1] Smite Damage: [roll2]

Asimov91
2016-07-15, 08:06 PM
Seta charges at the thing, trying to slam the staff as hard against the giant creature as possible.
Added Sneak Attack Damage, then bonus action Martial arts attack
Main attack: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
Martial Art Bonus attack: [roll3] [roll4]

Zigwat
2016-07-15, 10:11 PM
The magic was not sufficient to damage the ogre, but it wasn't until Madeline jammed her sword into the ogre's side torso, the burning, searing pain turning his attention away from the dwarf, and to the Paladin. That was when the Rogue smashed his staff into the ogre's head, causing a great deal of pain.

With the Ogre's attention turned, Gorfas came in hard with both his weapons upon the monstrosity! The Ogre started swiping his club around in a frenzy! Roaring and smashing around, going after the paladin and the rogue!

Gorfas attack: [roll0] [roll1]

Ogre Attack: Madeline [roll4] Seta [roll5]
Damage: Madeline [roll6] Seta [roll7]

Gorfas's attacks missed as the Ogre stomped around, and he smashed into Seta! Knocking them about!

Rysto
2016-07-15, 10:32 PM
Surly berated herself for panicking and wasting her magic so carelessly. "You are the mistress of your magic," she intoned to herself. "You control it. You will not allow fear to loose it from your chains." Gathering her magic once more, she steadied herself and struck out in a more controlled matter.

Action: Chromatic Orb from L1 slot

Asimov91
2016-07-15, 11:07 PM
Seta gets thrown for a loop after getting smashed by the ogre. He looks over his compatriots and is glad to know that at the least nobody was in worse shape than he. I'm gonna need a nice nap once this is over. And i'm gonna think about that beauty that fights for 5th division. Because I deserve it! Seta grits his teeth and rushes in at the ogre.Come at me ugly!
Same as before, bo staff + bonus action martial art attack
Main Attack: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
Bonus Martial Art Attack: [roll3] [roll4]

Bryconium
2016-07-16, 12:09 AM
Blocking the ogre's club with her shield, Madeline attempts to draw the ogre's attention once more.

"Fall before our light monster!

Attack [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Zigwat
2016-07-16, 09:42 PM
Madeline's sword and Seta's staff once again struck the beast, and it was obvious that he was growing ever more crazed by the moment. Gorfas made his way into the Ogre's defense, and attacked his upper torso with both of his weapons, swiping one another the other!

The Ogre smashed his club downward at Gorfas! The two of them locked horns, but Gorfas made his attempt not to go against him with strength, more to redirect his strength as best he could! Then he brought his fist into Madeline with a crushing punch!

[roll0] [roll1]

Ogre/Gorfas: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]
Ogre/Madeline: [roll6] Damage: [roll7]

Rysto
2016-07-16, 09:53 PM
Surly groaned as her second attempt merely deflected off the ogre's incredibly thick hide and decided to switch tactics. "You may be tough, but let's see how well you can dodge!"

Surly casts Acid Splash. The ogre must succeed on a DC15 Dex save or take [roll0] acid damage

Asimov91
2016-07-16, 10:01 PM
Seta was quickly realizing he was in the way up front. He takes Surly's acid and Gorfas' skillful strikes as the opportunity to disengage and find a better place to strike from.
Seta will use his step of the wind to disengage, move out of his line of sight, and attempt to stealth my way into an ideal position to strike next turn. [roll0]

Bryconium
2016-07-16, 11:27 PM
As the beast misses her, Madeline steps over its club and attempts to stab it in the face.

Attack: [roll0] Damage:[roll1]

Zigwat
2016-07-18, 09:41 AM
Saving Throw: [roll0]

Zigwat
2016-07-18, 11:06 AM
Gorfas knew that he had to do something rash, so the best thing he could possibly think of was hit the Ogre in his vitals with everything he had! He brandished his weapons and approached the best as he was concentrated on Madeline. With his short stature, he hoped the Ogre wouldn't see him coming. Gorfas attacked him when he leaned down enough that he could jump and plunge his weapons deep into the monster's brain!

Gorfas attack: [roll0] [roll1]

The Ogre hated Madeline now, not only has she thwarted his attempts to kill her, but she had wounded him quite terribly! Now he used both his hands to smash down on her with one club in one hand, and to cause a shockwave hard enough to cause immense injury to her.

Ogre Attack: [roll4] [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] [roll7]

Zigwat
2016-07-18, 11:31 AM
Alright, so he does hit Madeline before I strike him in the head. However, since he did roll a 1 on the first roll, we're going to half the damage on that hit, so 6 damage dealt to Madeline.

The dwarf's axe buried its blade into the Ogre's cranium, right beside the full length of his sword. Both of them cleaved the skull, and cut his brain almost asunder. The Ogre's legs went limp, and he fell forward, throwing the dwarf to a skid across the floor. As the monster's last breath was cast, Gorfas got to his feet, dusting off his armor.

"Is everyone alright?" He looked at his troops, especially Madeline, who took a blow from the Ogre before he killed the enemy.

Rysto
2016-07-18, 11:43 AM
"I'm fine. Not even a scratch." She looked down at her still-shaking hands and sighed. "Which is exactly how much I managed to inflict myself. Sorry for being so useless.

Asimov91
2016-07-18, 03:40 PM
Seta laughs a little, and comes out from the shadows Good showing! Bastard bruised me up good but I can still go for a bit longer till we find a place to recover a little.

Bryconium
2016-07-19, 08:59 PM
Well done everyone. I have some healing for anyone who needs it.

20 points of lay-on-hands

Asimov91
2016-07-19, 11:51 PM
I think I would be happy to partake in that treatment! Seta walks over and sits down in front of the paladin.

Hp currently at 13/27

Bryconium
2016-07-20, 11:25 AM
Madeline will heal Seta, as well as herself, leaving a little behind for emergencies.

11 points for Seta and 5 for Madeline.

Zigwat
2016-07-20, 02:42 PM
"Very good, now come on, the passage through the sewer system is this way." The dwarf led them to the other side of the tent that faced the castle. They took special care to keep the passage guarded and blocked by a series of armament wracks, swords, axes, and spears mounted to it. The dwarf looked around the room and saw a great deal of other weapons, some of them looked quite nice.

Alright, so now it's treasure/loot time! Line up! Here we go, I am using a random generator for all of us, so if you guys want to trade and such, that's up to you.

Gorfas: 15 Gold Pieces, Spell Scroll (Sacred Flame), +1 Short Sword

Madeline: 20 Gold Pieces, +1 Mace, Healing Potion

Seta: 10 Gold Pieces, Healing Potion, Ring of Jumping

Surly: 15 Gold Pieces, Healing Potion, Staff of the Woodlands

Asimov91
2016-07-20, 06:37 PM
Seta looks the area over, looking for a spear in good condition to add to his arsenal.

Just as described, looking for a spear in good condition to use as a monk weapon with some piercing damage. [roll0]

Bryconium
2016-07-20, 08:16 PM
Madeline will take the mace as a nice secondary weapon, and keep lookout while Seta searches.

Rysto
2016-07-21, 01:58 PM
Surly felt herself drawn to the plain-looking staff, hidden away in a corner of one of the racks. She studied it intensely for several minutes, before finally announcing, "There is a great deal of power invested in this. Unfortunately, it is the power of nature itself, and I cannot draw upon it myself. Still, I will take it. Perhaps we will meet a friendly druid who could make use of it. And if not, at least its power cannot be misused against our allies if I have it. Besides," she said with an impish grin, "I was hoping to find a walking stick anyway."

Zigwat
2016-07-22, 01:19 PM
There was a good spear in the corner of the arsenal tent. It stood six feet, and while it was not magical, it was brand new, as if only made a year ago.

Gorfas took up his share of the treasure, putting the extra sword on his back, not sure if he was going to use it, but a spare sword could very easily come in handy. After filling his money pouch with new gold coins, he took the map from his travel sack, and opened it, being very careful not to rip it. He looked over to the cabinets full of rusted knives and dirty tools. He put away the map, and walked to it. He motioned for them to stand back and pulled the whole shelving down. After that, pulled his sword from his side, twirled it in one hand and sliced into the tent's flap. As he opened the tent flap, it revealed a hole in the wall, one that if you looked into it, there was nothing but complete darkness.

"Ladies and lads." He motioned toward the hole. "Our road. I hope ye brought yer strong stomach."

Even upon approaching the hole, which was around three feet in diameter, they could smell the absolute filth and stench emitting from it. This was going to be a hard journey, indeed. Still, Gorfas wasted no time in putting his sword away, and getting down on his knees, crawling into the hole, and into the void of darkness that awaited them all.

Asimov91
2016-07-22, 03:15 PM
Seta found the spear and smiled. He added it next to his bo staff, and noticed on the ground a glint from a ring. He procured it and put it on left ring finger. Now aren't you a fetching little number? Seta looked at it curiously, feeling something strange coming from it, but decided to probe further later. He followed Gorf, Maddy and Surl over to the opening, filing in last to protect the squisier Surl in case someone came from behind. The stench was particularly awful.

Rysto
2016-07-22, 03:53 PM
Surly gagged as she got her first whiff of the stench. "Talona's breath! What is that, a sewer? You expect me to go crawling through there? Me, the Lady of --" Surly shut her mouth abruptly. As her face reddened, she busied herself with packing her fine cloak in her backpack. With that done, she took a deep breath and crawled into the hole. "I never before regretted that my mother passed on her keen elvish senses to me."

It was several minutes before it occurred to her that while she had managed to prevent her cloak from becoming horribly stained, the result is that instead she'd be getting muck all over herself instead.

Bryconium
2016-07-22, 08:16 PM
Madeline had seem many horrors fighting in the war, but the sewers of Triskull were a unique horror. The smell of concentrated orcish waste wafted over her, and it took all of her paladin resolve not to gag. As tears well up involuntarily in her eyes, she grits her teeth and follows closely behind Gorfas. Though she wishes that she could maintain her position as the vanguard of the troop, her human eyes can't penetrate the darkness, meaning she needs to rely on the less durable group members to guide her. Much as she wishes for light, she understands the necessity of darkness.

"The sooner we get out of this pit, the better. I've smelled orcs before, but this is beyond the pale..."

Zigwat
2016-07-25, 01:25 PM
The dwarf, though somewhat hesitant, kept going deeper into the horrid maw that was the sewage system of Triskull. Rats crawled by them, nameless, formless sludge awaited them. Even the stagnant water smelled of the wretched filth. It was so dark, and once in a while, they found a skeletal body part that still kept some of its flesh. They even passed up an entire skeleton, and it was quite obviously an orc. There was a very dim light ahead of them, but it was not a hopeful light. The air did not smell any less foul, and though it was brighter, it was still especially dark. The only good thing that could be said as they exited that tiny tunnel was that there was more room.

The sewers were horrid. With more light, they could easily see the remains of dead bodies that they didn't want anyone to find. Many of the skeletal remains had their skulls either crushed, or cleaved in twain. The dwarf remembered the map well enough, he directed them all to the left as they exited the tiny tunnel. Even as a dwarf, who did not bathe as a society, he figured he could bare a wash after such a venture.

Bryconium
2016-07-26, 09:48 PM
Wishing to be out of the sewers as soon as possible, Madeline takes the lead with Gorfas, drawing her weapons as she does so. She looks around for any signs of the enemy, but her goal is the light at the end of the tunnel.

Perception:[roll0]
She is specifically looking for threats, but wouldn't say no to treasure.

Rysto
2016-07-26, 11:01 PM
Surly scrambled as quickly as she could into the larger tunnel and got to her feet immediately. "Ugh! Ew! Get it off me! Get it off of me!" she squealed, her lower lip trembling. A spectral hand appeared next to her, and began wiping muck off of her clothing and exposed skin.

Surly is busy trying to clean herself with Mage Hand and isn't paying any attention at all to her surroundings.

Asimov91
2016-07-27, 03:39 PM
Seta exited the tunnel relieved to be able to breathe in something other than the refuse. He quickly went ahead, looking for any signs of life or danger

Stealth Roll: [roll0] Seta will try to stay relatively close to Gorfas who is guiding the way, seta will mostly be looking for danger at the head of the party.
Perception Roll: [roll1]

Zigwat
2016-07-27, 04:34 PM
Both Madeline and Seta noticed that Gorfas was going the correct way to the nearest exit of the sewers, however, what was above the sewer cover was somewhat disheartening. War Machines, catapults, heavily armored troops, and brigades of goblins ready to charge.

"Ooohh." The Dwarf looked up as they did, and through the little hole, they saw the carnage about to unfold. "This looks dire, we need to hurry and get to that wall. It shouldn't be far. Know this, once we get to the right sewer cover, there will be a momentary break in our cover. We'll be sitting ducks if we're noticed, so we need to plant the potion, and steer clear of it when it goes off. If me gnome friend is any clue as to its power, we'll need to hurry."

Little did he know that the orcs even input a plan for the sewers as well. A patrol of Trolls all through the sewer system, and one of them caught their scent. It began to close in on them, and soon it came very close.

Roll for Perception, since both of you DOMINATED the last perception roll, you'll need higher than an 8.

Asimov91
2016-07-27, 06:20 PM
Perception Roll: [roll0]

Seta saw what was above and for the first time today his stomach roiled. I'm looking forward to spilling some more orc blood tonight. No more of this madness! Seta, in the midst of all of this, notices...something, though he is not sure what.

Bryconium
2016-07-27, 08:50 PM
Perception Roll: [roll0]

Despite her earlier readiness, the sight of the war machines above distracts her. Her mind is filled with the images of those machines destroying city walls, allowing an army of orcs to spill in and slaughter the people within. It hardened her resolve; Madeline was more determined than ever to blow Triskull open and end the war.

Zigwat
2016-08-01, 07:13 PM
The troll loomed over all of them, and with Seta's sight on it, all of them suddenly noticed it as it came in close, and snarled toward them all. Gorfas was quick to draw his weapons, ready for the beast. It was a troll, though, and he knew that they were especially hard to kill.

"Oh, drat! Any of ye happen to have some fire?" Gorfas said, though with the impending attack, he didn't have time to wait for an answer.

Gorfas Initiative: [roll0]
Troll Initiative: [roll1]

Rysto
2016-08-01, 07:22 PM
Surly was still busy trying to scrape trying to scrape off as much muck as possible. She looked up curiously when Gorfas spoke and asked, "Fire? Why, what do we need..." She trailed off and gaped at the sight of the approaching monster. "Argh! What is that?"

Bryconium
2016-08-02, 12:35 AM
Madeline turns around as the troll rises from the muck. Unfortunately, her boots slide in the filth, and she has to take a moment to regain her balance as the troll attacks.

Init:
[roll0]

Asimov91
2016-08-02, 06:59 PM
Seta notices the troll before anyone else, horror quickly on his face, wiping away his typical smirk. He prepares himself and is prepared to look for a source of fire after Gorfas' question.

[roll0]

[roll1]