PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Can I get help with a Mundane Transmuter?

SangoProduction
2016-05-11, 10:52 PM
I mean that I want a character that specializes in making grafts. Are there any rules for learning how to make a graft yourself? Or how to attach Warforged...things I forget what they are called.... to a non-warforged?

It's probably easiest to just refluff magic. Then again, the same can be said for everything, so not the point.

Malimar
2016-05-11, 11:01 PM
You want the feat Graft Flesh, from Lords of Madness and Fiend Folio and a couple other places. Also consider the Fleshwarper PrC, from Lords of Madness, which specializes in grafts. Consult a grafts handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?190350-Fleshwarping-A-List-of-Grafts-Symbionts-and-Related-Goodies).

AFAIK there are no rules for attaching warforged components to non-warforged (aside from a 7th level Renegade Mastermaker), though I imagine if you have Construct Grafts your DM might allow you to embed warforged components into them.

Necroticplague
2016-05-11, 11:07 PM
I mean that I want a character that specializes in making grafts. Are there any rules for learning how to make a graft yourself? Or how to attach Warforged...things I forget what they are called.... to a non-warforged?

It's probably easiest to just refluff magic. Then again, the same can be said for everything, so not the point.

1.Yes. Libris Mortis has the Graft Flesh feat, which only requires Heal ranks (no spellcasting needed), and lets you make grafts.
2. I know, at the least, that the Mighty arms graft allows you to attatch warforged components to yourself (since you get arms similar to those of a warforged). Renegade Mastermaker also gains the ability to use Warforged Components normally as their level 7th class feature.
3.It's also possible to refluff Sculpt Self into grafting, as long as your fine with not spreading the love around.
4.Consider homebrew, since this is an avenue not particularly well explored in first party. This board has at least (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?391670-3-5-Base-Class-quot-Make-us-Whole-Again-quot) two pretty good classes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?205119-Must-Affix-Everything-to-Everything!-%28Grafts-That-Don-t-Make-Me-Cry-Myself-To-Sleep%29) exactly for this concept.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-05-11, 11:35 PM
I've got some good news and some bad news.

First the good: anyone with the mighty arms or heavy legs construct grafts can attach warforged components that attach to the hands or feet, respectively and the construct grafter feat and the grafts themselves don't require any kind of spellcasting ability. So there's that.

Then the bad: constuct grafts are a new-type graft. The new-type grafts restrict characters from having more than one type of graft. That sucks for your character concept.

Alternately, there's the old-type grafts; aboleth, illithid, fiendish, etc grafts. They're all covered under the same feat; graft flesh (though you have to pick just one, normally). You can access several of these if you become a fleshwarper (LoM) but that class demands you have a familiar as a class feature, something that can only be acheived by accepting at least one level in a spellcasting class that fleshwarper will advance. You can minimize that by going with adept but there's simply no way to be a fleshwarper and a "mundane."

That said, fleshwarper's class features otherwise fit your concept to a T. I'd go with that.

SangoProduction
2016-05-12, 02:39 AM
I've got some good news and some bad news.

First the good: anyone with the mighty arms or heavy legs construct grafts can attach warforged components that attach to the hands or feet, respectively and the construct grafter feat and the grafts themselves don't require any kind of spellcasting ability. So there's that.

Then the bad: constuct grafts are a new-type graft. The new-type grafts restrict characters from having more than one type of graft. That sucks for your character concept.

Alternately, there's the old-type grafts; aboleth, illithid, fiendish, etc grafts. They're all covered under the same feat; graft flesh (though you have to pick just one, normally). You can access several of these if you become a fleshwarper (LoM) but that class demands you have a familiar as a class feature, something that can only be acheived by accepting at least one level in a spellcasting class that fleshwarper will advance. You can minimize that by going with adept but there's simply no way to be a fleshwarper and a "mundane."

That said, fleshwarper's class features otherwise fit your concept to a T. I'd go with that.

thanks for the information.

SangoProduction
2016-05-12, 03:56 AM
1.Yes. Libris Mortis has the Graft Flesh feat, which only requires Heal ranks (no spellcasting needed), and lets you make grafts.
2. I know, at the least, that the Mighty arms graft allows you to attatch warforged components to yourself (since you get arms similar to those of a warforged). Renegade Mastermaker also gains the ability to use Warforged Components normally as their level 7th class feature.
3.It's also possible to refluff Sculpt Self into grafting, as long as your fine with not spreading the love around.
4.Consider homebrew, since this is an avenue not particularly well explored in first party. This board has at least (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?391670-3-5-Base-Class-quot-Make-us-Whole-Again-quot) two pretty good classes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?205119-Must-Affix-Everything-to-Everything!-%28Grafts-That-Don-t-Make-Me-Cry-Myself-To-Sleep%29) exactly for this concept.

lol. The Xenoalchemist is amazing. Thanks so much for the find.