PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Control Water?

thecrimsondawn
2016-05-12, 05:46 AM
So I have this spell at will with the class I am playing, and I got to use it today in the sewers to more or less remove any threat of water...within 70 feet!
Just like that, water is gone. That got me thinking tho...
If I was in a small building, like say a bar and I was to coat the floor in a small amount of water. Would I be able to use this to create a massive surge of water to flood the place?
If the answer is yes, then I have to look at the duration of the spell (for me, a little over an hour). Assuming the maximum amount of water I can make is 70x70x14, that would be enough water to inconvenience a good part of a major city.

The next thought that came into my mind is can I use this spell again on water I have already used it on? Even if I cant, there is little stopping me from carrying around (or creating water) small bottles of liquid that could be used to cause massive amounts of destruction.

If I am wrong about any of this, please correct me, or if you have any better ideas I have not thought of yet, please do share :)

Edit: so after reading the spell a couple more times, it seems I am going about this the wrong way. This does not increase the volume of the water at all, but only controls it, yet lowering the water level does indeed make the water evaporate, so in theory since I do have control over using this spell both ways, I SHOULD be able to use it this way no?

Hiro Quester
2016-05-12, 06:20 AM
It enables you to move a body of water, rather than creating water. It piles it high, and perhaps spilling over onto land, or moves it to the side to make a depression.

You cast it on a body of water, not a bottle of water or a small spill on the floor.

thecrimsondawn
2016-05-12, 07:27 PM
Regardless tho, while its intended use is for larger masses of water, the fact remains that it can be used on more or less all liquids that have (or where at one point) a base of water. Since this is an at will ability for me, that means if I wanted to go into a bar and just ruin everyone's good time, I could very well do that.

By its wording, "The first version of this spell causes water in the area to swiftly evaporate or to sink into the ground below, lowering the water's depth"
Since it can evaporate or sink into the ground, if there the caster is in a high humidity zone, or if there is an aqueduct or something of the sort below, then this could cause the reverse effect to cause massive flooding for about an hour.