PDA

View Full Version : Current ranger spell list:which to take?

The Shadowdove
2016-05-12, 05:16 PM
Hey forum-lurkers,

I am playing a ranger for the first time and know there are more sources out There now.

Perhaps you might be so kind as to share your superior booksmarts?

I'm playing a ranged hunter archetype. We are level3. Our dungeon master has all of the books I believe, so I should have access before we play again tonight?

Which spells might I want to consider?
Are There any source books I Should be looking at?

Thanks in advance,

-Dove

KorvinStarmast
2016-05-12, 05:39 PM
I am playing a ranger for the first time and know there are more sources out There now.
Does your DM allow Unearthed Arcana (test, not fully approved) classes/archetypes?

I'm playing a ranged hunter archetype. We are level3. Our dungeon master has all of the books I believe, so I should have access before we play again tonight?

Which spells might I want to consider?
See EvilAnagram's Guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?374666-Not-All-Who-Wander-are-Lost-A-Ranger-s-Guide)

Are There any source books I Should be looking at?
Nothing new with Ranger in Sword Coast Adventure Guide, so no. There are some options for Ranger in the UA stuff at the WoTC web site, but you'd need to work with your DM on that.

Corran
2016-05-12, 05:40 PM
The archer in our group (multiclass with 5 levels in ranger), took hunter's mark, goodberry, pass without trace, and darkvision (he is human). I think he changed goodberry as now we have a druid, but I am not competely sure with what (maybe spike growth). Seems like a good choice of spells, providing dpr boost, support and utility. (All of them from PHB if I am not mistaken).

Gtdead
2016-05-13, 08:37 AM
My favorite low level ranger spells are absorb elements, mark, pass without trace and spike growth.

Specter
2016-05-13, 08:58 AM
GladiusLegis's guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R07v9107HT5Urkvt1yUV1a710PF1XB1UpnE6ol4G_hI/edit) has a pretty solid selection. Absorb Elements from Elemental Evil is mandatory if you don't have Evasion.