PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Need a system to use for a Metro 2033 Themed Campaign

Captain Zark
2016-05-12, 06:51 PM
I had in mind the idea for a campaign based in the Metro universe. I've been stressing trying to make this and finally decided I'm going to try and NOT reinvent the wheel if something better exists. (Originally I was just going to modify and mutilate the hell out of the 5e system... I got stuck on character creation, mostly the whole "I need somewhat new classes" thing.)

I need a system that supports a post-apocalyptic, human-only, mostly underground campaign with fairly decent -- and preferably semi-realistic -- rules for gun combat. The idea I had in mind was harsh, lethal, and devoid magic.

Blackhawk748
2016-05-12, 09:57 PM
You'll want Savage Worlds then. Combat is fast and very lethal if you arent careful and it only hase magic or non-humans if you want it to. Also its classless so that helps.

Ceiling_Squid
2016-05-12, 10:09 PM
Also a relatively cheap investment. SW is reasonably priced for a corebook.

Captain Zark
2016-05-13, 05:53 PM
You'll want Savage Worlds then. Combat is fast and very lethal if you arent careful and it only hase magic or non-humans if you want it to. Also its classless so that helps.

Looking into it, it mentions something about wild cards and using cards for initiative rolls. Are those mandatory?

EDIT: Nevermind, I more or less figured them out. Wild cards are a bit confusing though.