PDA

View Full Version : Dinos. Who doesn't love them?

AKShadow22
2016-05-12, 07:47 PM
This is just a fun question. What's everyones favorite Dino to encounter in games? The second encounter for my game is gonna be a feral druid and a couple of Megaraptors. That's also what the druid is going to turn into. This is 3.5 by the way.

Vizzerdrix
2016-05-12, 07:57 PM
No idea. 18 years of d&d and not a single DM has alowed dinos. I have always wanted to play a pally with a stego or anklyo, though.

AKShadow22
2016-05-12, 08:13 PM
Well that's too bad. This is my first time DMing and I knew I was going to put Dino's in it somewhere. And with them being at lvl 10 to start out it works out for most Dinos CR

Hogsy
2016-05-12, 08:47 PM
Well that's too bad. This is my first time DMing and I knew I was going to put Dino's in it somewhere. And with them being at lvl 10 to start out it works out for most Dinos CR

I once played a Monk/Druid multiclass in PF which wildshaped into an Allosaurus and later on if I expended an extra Wildshape charge I could put the Celestial or Infernal template on me so for like 10 hours a day I was a Holy Allosaurus who smited evil! I also had an Allosaurus companion. A very nice concept but can be too powerful when talking in numbers. Other than that, I think my favourite dinosaur has to be the Allosaurus, or Ankylosaurus as a mount. But, a special place in my heart will always belong to the Velociraptor who opens doors of course and rides along Starlord to go defeat an evil abomination!

Droopy McCool
2016-05-12, 09:23 PM
I just used some Deinonychus (velociraptors) against my party. I liked it, and they liked it. I don't know really what to say about the CR though. 4 of them calculate out to a CR7, and the party was ECL 5. On top of that, the group is definitely not optimized but it still felt like the dinos almost were't enough.

I will continue to use them though.

McCool

Hogsy
2016-05-12, 09:50 PM
I just used some Deinonychus (velociraptors) against my party. I liked it, and they liked it. I don't know really what to say about the CR though. 4 of them calculate out to a CR7, and the party was ECL 5. On top of that, the group is definitely not optimized but it still felt like the dinos almost were't enough.

I will continue to use them though.

McCool

I agree with that, I once fought a Tyranosaurus with my party and he seemed way weaker than the suggested CR. I'd advise you tweak the CR a bit or simply add one or two extras.