PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Jovian: Half-Orc, Half-Giant, all 3.5 greatness converted [PEACH]

bunnynoah
2016-05-12, 11:01 PM
[Old and currently obsolete]

New thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?516483-Jovian-A-Giant-kin-like-Goliaths-and-Firbolg-PEACH

JNAProductions
2016-05-13, 12:07 AM
This is RIDICULOUSLY overpowered. Even discounting the +4 to AC, this is really, REALLY good, and with a +4 to AC? +4? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

Nerf this. Hard.

bunnynoah
2016-05-13, 12:14 AM
Hmm... I thought so as well. It's difficult to convert this one, as the stats were literally twice as high in the 3.5 race. Strength +2 Charisma +1 AC +2 sound alright?

I can show you the B&B race for reference, unless you find it online or something.

JNAProductions
2016-05-13, 12:17 AM
No! Bad! *Hits with a rolled-up newspaper*

AC is FAR more valuable in 5E. Warforged give +1, and people debate about whether or not that's overpowered. DO NOT give an AC bonus. At all.

Ralcos
2016-05-13, 12:20 AM
No! Bad! *Hits with a rolled-up newspaper*

AC is FAR more valuable in 5E. Warforged give +1, and people debate about whether or not that's overpowered. DO NOT give an AC bonus. At all.

Agreed.
If natural armor, I'd list it like this AT BEST.

Jovian Toughness. Jovian hide is hard to break through. When not wearing armor, your Armor Class is equal to 12 + your Dexterity Modifier OR your Constitution Modifier, whichever is higher.

bunnynoah
2016-05-13, 12:21 AM
*Smoothly dodges the attack*

Can't miss my chance to RP! :smallbiggrin:

Anyways, done. no AC bonus.

Edit: Thanks for Jovian Toughness.

JNAProductions
2016-05-13, 12:21 AM
Agreed.
If natural armor, I'd list it like this AT BEST.

Jovian Toughness. Jovian hide is hard to break through. When not wearing armor, your Armor Class is equal to 12 + your Dexterity Modifier OR your Constitution Modifier, whichever is higher.

That's not a bad way to do it. Lets you play the shirtless warrior regardless of class, but doesn't break bounded accuracy.

bunnynoah
2016-05-13, 12:26 AM
All I'm thinking is, I'm glad someone told me at all before I went to bed! :smallbiggrin:

*Naked Jovian walks into bar*
"Alright, who's the wise crack who stole my- Hey! Free armour class when unarmored!"
*Walks out still in undergarments*

I'm also trying to make a compendium of races for my IRL D&D friends, with this race in it.

Ralcos
2016-05-13, 12:38 AM
You're welcome.

Other than the original AC bonus, I feel a bit iffy on the penalties from subraces, mostly due to the fact that I can't think of any penalties from any race so far.

How about...

Dull. At 1st level, you cannot take Proficiency in the Persuasion skill. In addition, any Persuasion proficiency gained from Background or otherwise can be changed to a Proficiency in Intimidate (if not already proficient).

Icey Physiology. You are Resistant to Cold damage. Whenever you take Cold damage, you can take Advantage on your next attack roll or saving throw that must be made by the end of your turn.

Body of Fire. You are Resistant to Fire damage. Whenever you take Fire damage, you can take Advantage on your next attack roll or saving throw that must be made by the end of your turn.

I have the feeling this is overpowered, but here are my ideas.

bunnynoah
2016-05-13, 12:46 AM
In B&B, it says that they are weak to the opposite element. (Fire-> ice and vice versa)

That being said, I'm loving all the ideas for this.

Ralcos
2016-05-13, 12:49 AM
In B&B, it says that they are weak to the opposite element. (Fire-> ice and vice versa)

That being said, I'm loving all the ideas for this.

Icey Physiology. You are Resistant to Cold damage, and Vulnerable to Fire damage. Whenever you take Cold damage, you can take Advantage on your next attack roll or saving throw that must be made by the end of your turn.

Body of Fire. You are Resistant to Fire damage, and Vulnerable to Cold damage. Whenever you take Fire damage, you can take Advantage on your next attack roll or saving throw that must be made by the end of your turn.

How's this?