PDA

View Full Version : Making a Gestalt Witcher themed character

sage20500
2016-05-13, 12:42 AM
A friend of mine is looking to try something new in an upcoming d&d session in 2 days, but he's relitively inexperienced with making d&d characters (This will be his third time making one in 3.5); and so far as he's told me is that he's wanting to play a character that is essentially a Witcher from the game series. Aside from one side of the gestalt tree most likely being Duskblade 20, how would you guys go about doing that kind of character? Duskblade 20/Warblade 20? Or maybe having one side do levels of ranger with the mystic hunter prc? He hasn't rolled stats yet for the character so I'm not sure what he'll end up with for those, but we're allowed any first party content and anything from dragon magazines. Template wise we're not allowed any inherited templates.

Florian
2016-05-13, 01:28 AM
Sticking more closely to the original novels than the games, you could backport the PF classes Investigator and Magus as well as the Fetchling race.
That should fit the vibe and overall abilities. The only thing you actually have to do is changing how class and nonclass skills works and you're ready to go.

Rangô
2016-05-13, 06:06 AM
Well Geralt seems to me as Eldritch Knight/Ranger at all, maybe you had in mind something more gallant he always triumphs with everywomen so... Bard?.
Ok, it should be able to create potion/poisson, track monsters and predilect ennemy, combat with leather armor and one-handed sword but maybe two (silver, iron cold...) and the use of raw magic... I think is the closest.

Drrakerr
2016-05-13, 11:10 PM
Geralt strikes me as a Slayer//Alchemist. Gives you the potions/bombs as well as the combat capability. Doesn't get you the magic, so maybe a Magnus dip for a some blasting?

Florian
2016-05-14, 12:00 AM
Geralt strikes me as a Slayer//Alchemist. Gives you the potions/bombs as well as the combat capability. Doesn't get you the magic, so maybe a Magnus dip for a some blasting?

Read the books. Geralt isn't the best of fighters but has been taught some serious blasting runes (spells) that he likes to weave inbetween swordfighting.