PDA

View Full Version : Beguiler to Archmage, Query

Necrov
2016-05-13, 02:52 AM
Hello Playground,

I wonder if you'd be able to help me theory craft for something.

I wonder how it might be possible to make a Beguiler qualify for the Archmage PrC. I know this isn't particularly optimised or effective, but for reasons, I'd like to know if it's possible.

I was thinking that the Necromantic Bloodlines feat might add another school 'with knowledge of 5th level spells' to the Beguiler who by my mind currently only has 3. Enchantment, Illusion and Divination.

Many thanks.

Troacctid
2016-05-13, 03:02 AM
I think you're misremembering. Beguilers don't get any 5th level divination spells. They only get abjuration, enchantment, evocation, illusion, and transmutation.

Necrov
2016-05-13, 03:08 AM
I think you're misremembering. Beguilers don't get any 5th level divination spells. They only get abjuration, enchantment, evocation, illusion, and transmutation.

But the requirements specifically state '5th level or higher'. True Seeing is definitely a 6th level Beguiler spell.

I appreciate this wasn't clear in my OP.

Troacctid
2016-05-13, 03:27 AM
Actually, I forgot that Rary's Telepathic Bond is divination, not enchantment, so I'm wrong, they do in fact have a 5th level divination.

Anyway, the point is that they already have enough schools (Break Enchantment, Dominate Person, Seeming, Sending, Telepathic Bond, and Swift Etherealness make six), so you don't need any shenanigans. I was just being snarky about it because I keep forgetting I resolved not to snark anymore. Another quarter for the snark jar.

Necrov
2016-05-13, 03:39 AM
Actually, I forgot that Rary's Telepathic Bond is divination, not enchantment, so I'm wrong, they do in fact have a 5th level divination.

Anyway, the point is that they already have enough schools (Break Enchantment, Dominate Person, Seeming, Sending, Telepathic Bond, and Swift Etherealness make six), so you don't need any shenanigans. I was just being snarky about it because I keep forgetting I resolved not to snark anymore. Another quarter for the snark jar.

No worries. I clearly couldn't remember the additional random spells they have which made them qualify. So we're all even.