PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Do bardic music effects apply to Eldritch Blast, etc?

AnonymousPepper
2016-05-13, 08:49 PM
Playing a bard in a 3.PF game, going full Dragonfire Inspiration. My friend's playing a Warlock. I don't remember off the top of my head whether Warlock blasts can benefit from Inspire Courage/DFI.

Troacctid
2016-05-13, 08:52 PM
No. Inspire Courage only affects damage rolls with weapons.

Since a weaponlike spell isn’t actually a weapon, Strength modifiers on damage rolls and magical effects that increase weapon damage don’t increase damage from a weaponlike spell unless the spell’s description says otherwise.

An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Each ally so inspired loses the standard morale bonus on weapon attack rolls and damage rolls. Instead, he deals an extra 1d6 points of fire damage with his weapons for every point of morale bonus that your inspire courage ability would normally add to the attack roll.

tiercel
2016-05-14, 12:27 AM
Note that the to-hit bonus of IC works fine with Eldritch Blast, but not the damage boost.

You could try making an argument to your DM that Eldritch Glaive should work with IC/DFI, but it appears that by RAW Eldritch Glaive is still spell-like/weaponlike and falls under the rulings above -- essentially, you'd be asking your DM to houserule the interaction.