PDA

View Full Version : Fortifying Defense (Heavy)

Mad Wizard
2007-06-25, 09:56 PM
The Fortifying Defense armor special quality from the DMG II has a cost of a +5 bonus, as does heavy fortification. Doesn't this mean that it is impossible to have this ability on armor without going into epic levels, as a +1 heavy fortification fortifying defense armor is a total of a +11 bonus, which is over the maximum of +10?

Wih
2007-06-25, 10:25 PM
The Fortifying Defense armor special quality from the DMG II has a cost of a +5 bonus, as does heavy fortification. Doesn't this mean that it is impossible to have this ability on armor without going into epic levels, as a +1 heavy fortification fortifying defense armor is a total of a +11 bonus, which is over the maximum of +10?

...which means that having a piece of armour with Fortifying Defense: Heavy is an epic piece of armour. Yes. It's been one of my personal grievences with the DMGII for some time.

Douglas
2007-06-25, 10:27 PM
With Heavy Fortification, yes. That ability can be used with light or medium fortification as well, though, and has a lower effective bonus when paired with them as well.

Mad Wizard
2007-06-25, 10:36 PM
So heavy fortifying defense can go with, for example, light fortification?

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Douglas
2007-06-25, 11:22 PM
Not what I meant. If you do it with light fortification, you use the light fortifying defense. So yeah, I guess the heavy version is inaccessible until epic.