PDA

View Full Version : Help turning one of my oc in to a D&D character for a 3.5 game

Nosta
2016-05-13, 11:21 PM
so it looks like my current rogue-sorcerer gestalt from the looks of it, will be leaving the group to help some Npc that need a strong leader.
and now I am at the part were I have about two weeks to make a new character. However this time I want to turn one of my oldest rp characters in to a D&D 3.5 character I have a RP character named Nosta (yes you may say that's your display name, well yes it is lol) who has been many things over the years from a vampire to a Ninja now I am not looking to play a vampire nor a ninja. Nosta would have physical stats such as str > con > and finally Dex >
and mental stats as Int > Cha > and wis . He is how ever never been a spell caster of any type in the 10 years I've rp'd as him. His preferred weapon a katana or I guess in 3.5 terms would be a bastard sword. He prefers strait forward battle and looks down on trickery He likes battling strong foes.

For race we are very limited to what we are allowed.
There is the classic Human (yay skill point and feat)
are the genex race that the DM made for the game

they are
Ape +2 str
Cat +2 Dex
Lizard +2 con
Plant +2 int
Dog+2 wis
or rabbit +2 cha

I am thinking the feat could be worth more than a +2 bonus but not sure

Nosta goal will to be get in to counter force, the main military organization that fights the main threat in the game.
so he needs to have good combat with a bastard sword. but have some int based ability

mastermisha1
2016-05-14, 12:47 AM
Int based melee? Sounds like a job for a warblades. As far as the feats over stats go, depends on the build, especially for melee, the feat may well be worth the opportunity cost of the stat bonus.

Telonius
2016-05-14, 05:34 PM
Agreed on the Warblade (and not just because I want to survive chargen - hey DM! :smallbiggrin:) If Tome of Battle is allowed, it's probably your best bet. Are there any particular books that are explicitly allowed or not allowed?

Besides katana-wielding and going up against strong foes, what sorts of things do you want this guy to be able to do? More of a big, beefy "hit it once and make sure it's dead" bruiser, a mobile combatant who draws attacks away from others, or something else?

Stats do matter, but Tome of Battle characters do have a few of their feats already spoken for; and they don't get as many to play around with as Fighters do. I'd go for the bonus feat rather than the stat bump, if I had to choose. You can always get higher numbers from spells and items. Getting a new combat option that you wouldn't have gotten otherwise can be worth a lot more, if you choose well.

Gildedragon
2016-05-14, 07:32 PM
+1 to warblade

get Skill Knowledge (feat) to get Iaijutsu Focus as a skill
maybe get the Iaijutsu Master feat

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=8741.0

some ideas on how to make your IF better