PDA

View Full Version : Need quick help on circus

monkey3
2016-05-14, 12:03 AM
I am running a game in the morning. I want a traveling circus to roll through town, but I can't think of too many things for the players to do.

I guess it will have jugglers, acrobats, knife throwers. Maybe a "beardless dwarf" for fun.
At some point an animal (?) will get loose, and give the characters a chance to fight. (I am starting them at level 2)

What else can I put in there?

Foxhound438
2016-05-14, 12:31 AM
some magical attractions. think magic fireworks, mind readers, diviners, a petting zoo populated by ethereal/illusory exotic creatures, perhaps an illusion play could be put on. someone who can cast "disguise self" a lot for fun, changing to look like a passerby and mocking their appearance. *PC walks by* *guy changes to exaggerated version* "look at me, I think I'm cool cause I [...]"

monkey3
2016-05-14, 08:29 AM
some magical attractions. think magic fireworks, mind readers, diviners, a petting zoo populated by ethereal/illusory exotic creatures, perhaps an illusion play could be put on. someone who can cast "disguise self" a lot for fun, changing to look like a passerby and mocking their appearance. *PC walks by* *guy changes to exaggerated version* "look at me, I think I'm cool cause I [...]"

Thanks. I really like the fun-mirror.

Naanomi
2016-05-14, 08:35 AM
A 'tent of horrors' with mostly obviously fake stuff, but a few real items of interest (an illithid tadpole, the snake from a medusa head, the battered lamp that once held a genie, stuff like that)... a source of income for low level adventurers to sell trophies?

miner3203
2016-05-14, 03:31 PM
I had an adventure once where I mentioned a circus as some flavor text. The Druid had a scroll of awaken, and he used it on the circus lion, which proceeded to wreak havoc on the rest of the attractions and then escape the city once it was let out. The Druid found it again, and they became buddies for a little while, until the campaign ended. That was a fun time...

I'd suggest a circus strongman, perhaps in combination with the disguise self to make him look like a complete weakling. Also, one can never have too many random explosives lying around fireworks.