PDA

View Full Version : what type of action does Champions Challenge take?

AttilatheYeon
2016-05-14, 12:32 AM
For the life of me, i can't find any reference to an action type. Can someone please tell me or point me in the right direction please?

Champion Challenge. You issue a challenge that com- pels other creatures to do battle with you. Each creature of your choice that you can see within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, a creature can't willingly move more than 30 feet away from you. This effect ends on the creature if you are in- capacitated or die or if the creature is moved more than 30 feet away from you.

R.Shackleford
2016-05-14, 05:48 AM
For the life of me, i can't find any reference to an action type. Can someone please tell me or point me in the right direction please?

Champion Challenge. You issue a challenge that com- pels other creatures to do battle with you. Each creature of your choice that you can see within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, a creature can't willingly move more than 30 feet away from you. This effect ends on the creature if you are in- capacitated or die or if the creature is moved more than 30 feet away from you.

Unless we have an errata it takes no action. You can use it at any time too.

At least that is RAW.

I would have a player use it as a Bonus Action. Huge area effect and decent debuff but it is dangerous to use in too many creatures at once.

Giant2005
2016-05-14, 06:14 AM
Where is it from? UA?
I'd assume that it would use a standard action myself.

MaxWilson
2016-05-14, 08:39 AM
Where is it from? UA?
I'd assume that it would use a standard action myself.

I think it might be one of the Crown Paladin's (from SCAG) Channel Divinity options. Rings a bell there anyway.

mgshamster
2016-05-14, 12:19 PM
It's from SCAG. It's the Crown Paladin's channel divinity feature.

There is no action. You can just do it. So basically it's a free action. Just like speaking.

Remember that you can only use it once per short or long rest.

AttilatheYeon
2016-05-16, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the responses. It never occured to me that it wouldn't take an action of some sort. Hmmm, looks like i'm gonna be rolling a pally and getting hom to level 9 😈