PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to do this? Probably, because Wizards, but still

SangoProduction
2016-05-14, 04:09 AM
Is there a way to spend more spell slots for a more effective spell, instead of just using a higher level spell slot?

Kelb_Panthera
2016-05-14, 04:18 AM
Versatile spellcaster comes to mind. So does Ultimate Magus. Did you have anything more specific in mind?

Rebel7284
2016-05-14, 04:18 AM
Versatile Spellcaster can be used to apply metamagic.

Alternatively, circle magic allows you to use someone else's spell slots to make your spells more effective.

Also there are a few spells, such as Assay Spell Resistance and Spell Enchancer that make other spells better in some way.

SangoProduction
2016-05-14, 06:17 AM
Does Versatile Spellcaster even work for if you metamagic a spell? Would that allow you to cast a spell that's been metamagiced to one above your max spell level (before VS), or does it just save your high end spell slots?

WhiteBread
2016-05-14, 06:28 AM
Well you could use Divine Metamagic for divine spells. You will use Turn/Rebuke Undead attempts instead. There are some ways to make spells divine even if they are arcane like Southern Magician, Geometer PRC and 1 more thing i forgot about.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-05-14, 06:55 AM
Does Versatile Spellcaster even work for if you metamagic a spell?

I don't see why not. A spell you know is a spell you know, whether it's being modified or not.

Would that allow you to cast a spell that's been metamagiced to one above your max spell level (before VS), or does it just save your high end spell slots?

Again, I don't see any reason it wouldn't.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-05-14, 07:19 AM
Mind Mages can spend spell slots to improve psionic powers, and power points to improve spells, through metapsionics and metamagic respectively.