PDA

View Full Version : A little test idea for a Mage...

Angus Fang
2016-05-14, 09:00 PM
I was thinking of a dex focused Mage that utilizes tumble and touch attack spells, like shocking grasp. I don't even know if it's feasible at all, kind of thinking out loud...

Kelb_Panthera
2016-05-14, 09:17 PM
I was thinking of a dex focused Mage that utilizes tumble and touch attack spells, like shocking grasp. I don't even know if it's feasible at all, kind of thinking out loud...

So maybe something in an arcane trickster or unseen seer?

Angus Fang
2016-05-14, 09:39 PM
I'm not familiar with any prestige classes, (I only have 3e books) but maybe?

Kelb_Panthera
2016-05-14, 09:46 PM
I see.

Arcane trickster should be in one of those; the Dungeon Master's Guide (DMG), presuming those three are the core rulebooks. It's one of the early attempts at blending a rogue with an arcanist. It's really straight forward and pretty easy to qualify for, IIRC.

Unseen seer is in, I want to say, complete mage. It's a lot like arcane trickster except that it gets different, better class features.

BTW, are you aware of this site: www.d20srd.org ?

Angus Fang
2016-05-14, 09:53 PM
I am now! I remember it now from my NWN HoTU days, but never attempted it

Troacctid
2016-05-14, 09:57 PM
Some prestige classes that might interest you include Enlightened Fist, Daggerspell Mage, Daggerspell Shaper, Jade Phoenix Mage, Arcane Trickster, Unseen Seer, and Shadowbane Stalker.

Pyromancer999
2016-05-14, 10:06 PM
If you want to be a Dex-focused mage, you may want to go Illumian with the Uur and Krau sigils so you can use Dex for your bonus spells.

Also, you may want to consider Duskblade, whose spell list is rich in touch spells and allows you to also put that Dexterity to good use in combat by backing you up on the melee front.