PDA

View Full Version : [Dnd 5e] The Nentir Vale

McGirks
2016-05-14, 11:16 PM
Welcome to the Nentir Vale, our adventures begin in the town of Fallcrest, built on the ruins of a larger city, in one of the newest building in town, we find our heroes, from locals to visitors, the Nentir Inn standing on the west bank of the river. Erandil a handsome half-elf is the barkeep, serving drinks in the taproom, one of the liveliest place in town and probably in the Vale.

Rooms are available for people who wants to spend the night. With merchants coming from all over, it was a good place as any for people to begin their careers as heroes. Dwarves, halflings and humans were the most prominent patrons of the inn.

ooc: Welcome to the Nentir Vale game, like I said this game is mostly sandbox, I do have some hooks and ideas in mind but mostly using this for proper character introductions and the likes. Then, we can move on with the group trying to do some heroics or just exploring the town to get some hooks and the likes. A room is 5 sp a night at at the Nentir Inn. It is the middle of the day, around noon. Charisma check if you want to look for the best person for rumors and the likes.

whiteflash
2016-05-15, 01:46 AM
Johnathan Stoneword decides to stop in at the tavern to pick up a quick drink. He's not staying at the inn, as he has quarters at the Stonemason guildhall. But he does stop to buy a drink, and listen to anyone who seems to have their pulse on the local rumors.

[roll0] for that Charisma check.

Panzo
2016-05-15, 04:37 AM
After traveling to Fallcrest and taking a self-guided tour around the area, Aquilo settles down by the inn, purchases a room for the day and sorts his belongings there. He then proceeds to the tavern to grab a quick drink and take a gander at the locals.

Charisma check: [roll0]

Skald
2016-05-15, 05:09 AM
Moonbeam has been roaming the lands, traveling with no where to go, and little to do ever since his Queen had sent him away from the court.
Now he finds himself in Fallcrest. Being one of the newest buildings in town, the Nentir Inn quickly catches his eye. His recent travels have taught him that inns are great for relaxing after a time of travel and learning of ways to make money in the local area so he decides to stop in.

Opening the door with a flourish he immediately locks eyes with the half-elvin barkeep and makes his way to him with an elegant smile.
"Hello, dear. What sort of wines do you carry here. I've been traveling for a while you see, and thought a might replenish my coin purse in this town, but first I thought I'd lighten it a bit with some relaxation and entertainment."

[roll0]

applevalley
2016-05-15, 04:18 PM
How many stories had started just this way? Llewellyn shook his head as he came down from his room he'd purchased at the inn. Sodding about in chain armor at all hours was a good way to wreck a back. He did have his sword on his belt, because he wasn't entirely without common sense, and he strolled into the main room. This had been the last building he'd been in before leaving for his squireship, so it felt somehow right to be returning to the Vale here.

]

ImSAMazing
2016-05-16, 02:28 AM
A Hill Dwarf comes out of his room in the tavern, and walks downstairs to get a drink or two. The Dwarf seems to be wearing Chainmail, a shield, a warhammer on his belt and an amulet around his neck. The bartender and him have known eachother for a couple of weeks already, and the Dwarf orders his routine drink: 2 beers mixed with vodka to help him wake up. As he looks around him, he spots 4(5) strangers! He says: How's the weather today lads? Praise Bahamut to forfill you lads with sunshine to drive away the darkness of the night. Or to quote the one and only Minotaur Bob: "No light means darkness. No darkness doesn't necesarilly mean light.", which explains my statement completely.

applevalley
2016-05-16, 11:31 AM
"Wait a tick..." Llew said, turning toward the voice he'd just heard. Dwarf, extremely cheerful, quoting the scriptures in a most...liberal way. Llew grinned and strode toward the dwarf.

"ROK!" the paladin bellowed, advancing on Rigrok with a broad smile.

Given Llew was a boy when he left, his height now is pretty impressive, as is the relative added muscle. Also, when they were acolytes, Llew was studying to be a priest of Pelor, but is currently wearing Bahamut's symbol on a pendant around the neck.

ImSAMazing
2016-05-16, 12:22 PM
Rigrok looks up from his drink, and recognizes Llew almost immediately. He speaks with a happy voice: Lewie! It's been a long time, hasn't it? How did your study go when I left the church? . Rigrok now takes a close inspection of Llew, and sees his new amulet, saying: switched sides, I see? Well like the great Jonathun the Giant once said: "I switch sides atleast 50 times a day, when I am laying in bed that is.". Welcome to the Dragon side brother! So, got any plans to do? I am a bit bored here, each day is the same at this inn. Heared any rumors maybe?

applevalley
2016-05-16, 12:56 PM
"Not just yet, no, I was asking around when I heard you..."quoting" things again. How the bloody hell you been?" The tall human settled at an empty table, after fiddling a bit with the sword at his hip - damned things tended to get in the way of a good chair-sit.

ImSAMazing
2016-05-16, 01:08 PM
The Dwarf responds: Fine actually! Turns out that nature really is so powerful as those druids claim it to be. What about you? Got sick of all those priests that were always complaining about my 'mis'quotes? Just like I got sick of them?

applevalley
2016-05-16, 01:25 PM
"Not...exactly." He coughed, embarassed. "About six weeks after you left, a paladin of Bahamut came through. I was his page while he was visiting, and uh...well, he convinced me I could do more for the cause of justice as a knight of the Platinum Dragon than a priest of Pelor. So here I am. I just got back from my initiation rites."

ImSAMazing
2016-05-16, 01:38 PM
The Dwarf smiles and says: 'Let's toast on that, shall we? Bartender, give both of us one of your finest beers, and Lewie would you mind telling me about your inititation? They probably changed it while I was away?'

whiteflash
2016-05-16, 07:37 PM
Johnathan Stoneword looks around, and sees several other apparently armed people around him. According to the conversation that's going on so far, one is a paladin while one is a druid, and they both know each other?

Wait, I thought I'd have to find an adventuring party. Is one just... forming in this tavern?

applevalley
2016-05-16, 09:21 PM
"I'm pretty sure a Paladin's initiation isn't the same as for a priest. There's no real "order" Ser Kurik belongs to, more of a...fraternity?" He laughed at how ad-hoc that sounded.

"After I'd served with him a few years as his squire, Ser Kurik said he would be watching me for three feats. A feat of arms, which I achieved when I won a duel with another Paladin over a point of disagreement, a feat of grace, which came when I helped with a barn that had collapsed mid-harvest in a town we were staying in, and a feat of faith, which is a much longer story. After that, he called together three of his fellow knights and they had me fast, pray, and then take my dedicant vows. I'll be a full initiate if and when I choose to take the Initiate's vows, but they urged me to take some time before I come to that point, so...I figured I'd come home."

Snarkhunter
2016-05-16, 10:38 PM
Your conversation is briefly interrupted as a young elf lass walks in from outside, looking disheveled in her simple cloth dress, and perhaps a bit hung over. Her gaze sweeps around the room, squinting as the morning sun shines in from the still open doorway, until her eyes settle on the dwarven cleric. Casually, she walks over to him, picks up his beer and proceeds to down the entire draft. Handing him the now empty mug, she claps him on the shoulder and says "Don't ask ... I'll be in my room. It better be something pretty damn interesting, if you decide to wake me before midday."

Turning, she heads upstairs towards the room she has rented these few weeks. As she departs, you notice a pair of thin daggers in her hair, the sheathes cleverly disguised as hair pins to hold up her unruly auburn locks.

@ ImSAMazing: Basing this on the shared background we discussed, and a elder brother/younger sister relationship between them. Staying out too late, partying with the locals has regrettably not been an uncommon event for Anna.

@ McGirks: She is using sleight of hand to conceal the daggers in her hair. Please consider this a standard protocol for her.

whiteflash
2016-05-16, 11:06 PM
Your conversation is briefly interrupted as a young elf lass walks in from outside, looking disheveled in her simple cloth dress, and perhaps a bit hung over. Her gaze sweeps around the room, squinting as the morning sun shines in from the still open doorway, until her eyes settle on the dwarven cleric. Casually, she walks over to him, picks up his beer and proceeds to down the entire draft. Handing him the now empty mug, she claps him on the shoulder and says "Don't ask ... I'll be in my room. It better be something pretty damn interesting, if you decide to wake me before midday."

Turning, she heads upstairs towards the room she has rented these few weeks. As she departs, you notice a pair of thin daggers in her hair, the sheathes cleverly disguised as hair pins to hold up her unruly auburn locks.

@ ImSAMazing: Basing this on the shared background we discussed, and a elder brother/younger sister relationship between them. Staying out too late, partying with the locals has regrettably not been an uncommon event for Anna.

@ McGirks: She is using sleight of hand to conceal the daggers in her hair. Please consider this a standard protocol for her.

Johnathan looks from the stairway the elf is leaving through to the dwarf and asks "... What just happened?"

Panzo
2016-05-16, 11:41 PM
Johnathan looks from the stairway the elf is leaving through to the dwarf and asks "... What just happened?"

Seeing several people speaking right before him, Aquilo then strikes a conversation with the tall armored individual right next to him. "Well I don't know about you but I'm not from around these parts of the Vale, it seems like the locals all kind of know each other huh? Oh and the name's Aquilo by the way, Aquilo Vynter, but you can call me Quilo for short." He extends his hand towards him as a sign of courtesy.

whiteflash
2016-05-17, 01:06 AM
Seeing several people speaking right before him, Aquilo then strikes a conversation with the tall armored individual right next to him. "Well I don't know about you but I'm not from around these parts of the Vale, it seems like the locals all kind of know each other huh? Oh and the name's Aquilo by the way, Aquilo Vynter, but you can call me Quilo for short." He extends his hand towards him as a sign of courtesy.

"Johnathan Stoneword. I'm a member of the local stonemason guild. I'm not sure who the other three are..."

He turns to the apparently-paladin and the apparently-druid. "Greetings friends. May we ask your names?"

Johnathan's wearing a set of traveler's clothes. I can't find a description of what that is, so I assume it's tough clothing that he doesn't much care if he stains, like you'd wear working at a construction site. (Maybe I should have bought him a helmet, too, but I didn't.)

ImSAMazing
2016-05-17, 01:36 AM
The Dwarf looks atthe elf for a moment, saying: you still owe me 1 gp, I didn't forget that. 5 years ago at this same inn, for buying a vodka for the poor.. He then speaks to Johnathan: She has the same blood as me. She's my half-sister. Our parents were drunk.

"Johnathan Stoneword. I'm a member of the local stonemason guild. I'm not sure who the other three are..."

He turns to the apparently-paladin and the apparently-druid. "Greetings friends. May we ask your names?"

Johnathan's wearing a set of traveler's clothes. I can't find a description of what that is, so I assume it's tough clothing that he doesn't much care if he stains, like you'd wear working at a construction site. (Maybe I should have bought him a helmet, too, but I didn't.)

The Dwarf now loos Johnathan in the eye and speaks:My name is Rigrok, and I am a Cleric of Bahamut, just like my old friend Lewie here. Well he is a Paladin, but that's just a name difference and a training difference. You probably don't know me simply because I have been in exile for 5 years into the forest to learn about nature. And damn it is as powerful as the Druids claim it to be. But, what about you? Why are you here? Want a drink to toast on Lewie's initiation as a Paladin?

Rigrok looks around him, thinks for a moment and then speaks: It's weird. I have never seen so many experienced people in this inn at the same time. It must be Rigrok walks to a window, looks outside and dramatically says(like they do in a movie): a sing of the Platinum Dragon. I have an idea. Seeing how we are all spending our noon in the inn being bored, what about we unite as one group? Like Rhogar Blossum the Sorcerer once said: "Without my blasting I am weak. Without my friends I am weak. WIthout them both, I would be killed at once.". What about we form one group, with a name that shall be chosen later, and go on some adventure together? There's probably enough adventuring space for us in the valley, so, what do you guys think? Also, if we are going to be one group, let's choose a leader. I am happy to propose myself, but I don't really mind who gets chosen. Having a leader is probably wise though, just like the Platinum Dragon would have wanted it.

Skald
2016-05-17, 01:48 AM
"Excuse me if I intrude," Moonbeam says as he approaches growing group of people, "but I noticed your congregation of such lovely individuals, and I just can't resist a party.
Moonbeam offers a graceful bow. "My name is M-" He pauses, remembering how tesious it is to explain why he has a faerie name. "Call me Glimmer."

ImSAMazing
2016-05-17, 01:51 AM
The Dwarf looks at the creature and says: A party huh? Well, we could have a party after our first adventure? I don't have that many gold left, seeing how many gold I gave to the church. So for me a party would result in me being as good as broke. Would you like to join our, just-created, adventuring group?

applevalley
2016-05-17, 01:56 AM
"Llewellyn, or Llew, if that suffices," the paladin said, shaking his head with a smile. "I can barely stand Rok calling me Lewie..."

He hadn't gotten anything to drink, it seemed. Still, he rose to his feet and gave a bow to them all. "Llewellyn ap Rhys, Paladin-Dedicant of the Platinum Dragon, a pleasure to meet you all."

ImSAMazing
2016-05-17, 01:58 AM
The Dwarf interrupts him at the moment he says Rok: Lewie is still better than Rok. Come on I am not a giant flying bird, am I? But Lewie, what do you think? Time to adventure together like the old times?

applevalley
2016-05-17, 02:01 AM
He laughed and held up his hands. "Fair cop, you got me. And I'd be happy to. I'll just need, ah, a couple of hours to take care of something." At this, there was the first hint of him...not exactly being dishonest, just not seeming eager to go into specifics.

ImSAMazing
2016-05-17, 02:03 AM
Rigrok instantly believes him and says: That's fine Lewie. I need to refresh my Druid spells and skills anyway. I think I am close to mastering the power to change shape to an ANIMAL! Beware of Rigrok, the Kung-Fu Panda!

OOC you probably all know that my character is a Cleric, but IC Rigrok presents himself and acts like a Druid. He has never mentioned that he is a Cleric(I did it in a few posts, but with that I meant Druid), he always said that he was a Druid. So OoC: im a cleric, IC: im a druid.
Just to clarify that because it probably or maybe confused some of you guys.

Skald
2016-05-17, 02:10 AM
"Interesting," Moonbeam says "I've never seen a druid garbed in metal... Of course, I guess I never saw much of anything garbed in metal in the Court."

Panzo
2016-05-17, 02:24 AM
"Wow. I have no idea what sparked this gathering but I guess I should familiarize myself with at least some locals. The half-elf turns his gaze towards the other half-elf and addresses him, Hi, Glimmer was it? Unusual name for a half-elf but I guess that's because I've very rarely met other half-elves before. Between you, me and the barkeep, this is probably the biggest gathering of our kind in a single place I've encountered." he says in a warm friendly tone.

Court? You mean like the court of law? For judgement?"

ImSAMazing
2016-05-17, 02:25 AM
Rigrok nods and says: Well Glimmer, Normally we dont wear metal armor indeed, but this armor has been produced in 2 special ways: first it has as little as possible metal in it, and the metal was harvested in a nature-friendly way: no iron was mined from the ground, it was made out of recycled, thrown-away weapons. I would prefer to not wear it, but it is the only way to keep me alive. Leather armor wont help me with that. I do have a wooden shield, so that's something.

As the other Half-Elf speaks, Rigrok says: Many Half-Elfs indeed. Technically I am a Half-Elf/Half-Dwarf, so that makes 3.5, or 4 if you want to round up. And like I said, this must be a sign of the Platinum Dragon.

Skald
2016-05-17, 02:37 AM
"Glimmer is but a nick name- for the sake of simplicity- much like Quilo." Moonbeam replies.
"Ah the court..." Moonbeam gaze reaches out, staring at nothing with a glint in his eye, his expression a mixture of joy and yearning.
"A court of law?" He chuckles. "More like a court of chaos- of the best kind, of course. A court of passion and beauty."

applevalley
2016-05-17, 02:46 AM
( weeeee gots us a spaaaaammmer)

ImSAMazing
2016-05-17, 02:53 AM
Rigrok says to Glimmer: Sounds fun. But let's not discuss our origins now, let's discuss my idea. You said you were interested, are you in?
He then looks at the rest of the group: What about you guys?

Panzo
2016-05-17, 02:56 AM
"Glimmer is but a nick name- for the sake of simplicity- much like Quilo." Moonbeam replies.
"Ah the court..." Moonbeam gaze reaches out, staring at nothing with a glint in his eye, his expression a mixture of joy and yearning.
"A court of law?" He chuckles. "More like a court of chaos- of the best kind, of course. A court of passion and beauty."

"Oh interesting... so we have a stonemason, a paladin and a cleric, what skills do you possess Glimmer? Something you display in court I presume?" Aquilo asks curiously.

Even if it was some sort of sign that's supposed to just bring us together to go on an adventure, what's the purpose? Are we going on a search for something perhaps?"

ImSAMazing
2016-05-17, 02:57 AM
Rigrok says while seemingly thinking deeply: I don't know what Bahamut or Nature has for us, but if we form a group, we might hear some rumors of what to do. Or if we don't find anything, we could always go to the local sheriff and see if there are any wanted criminals around. Or maybe trouble finds us. Who knows?

Skald
2016-05-17, 03:02 AM
"An adventure always sounds fun, especially one with the possibility of celebration, revelry, and companionship afterwards."

Panzo
2016-05-17, 03:03 AM
Rigrok says while seemingly thinking deeply: I don't know what Bahamut or Nature has for us, but if we form a group, we might hear some rumors of what to do. Or if we don't find anything, we could always go to the local sheriff and see if there are any wanted criminals around. Or maybe trouble finds us. Who knows?

"If it fetches us some gold or reward... then **** it, I'm in." Quilo says rashly. I just bought a room here too... shame I might not even spend the night here." he says, twiddling his thumbs.

whiteflash
2016-05-17, 03:21 AM
( weeeee gots us a spaaaaammmer)

He could at least throw in some eggs.

"Well, I've been trying to find some rumors. I've heard that's how one goes about doing this. Or maybe some tea seller will annoy us and we'll be forced to destroy his caravans to shut him up about his products?"

Skald
2016-05-17, 03:29 AM
Well, I just got into town, so before I even think about adventuring, I want to spend some time relaxing and indulging in pleasures and entertainment.
Moonbeam says.
"Considering your friend said he had some things to take care of, why don't we spend the evening getting everything we need out of the way then meet back up here? We still need to work out the details of what sort of 'adventure' we will be having, as this was your idea... Rigrok, was it? I'll leave the details up to you."

"Oh, and as for my talents." Moonbeam uses prestidigitation to create a small shower of glitter. "The Queen has gifted me with the blessing of a bit of her own power."

whiteflash
2016-05-17, 03:40 AM
Well, I just got into town, so before I even think about adventuring, I want to spend some time relaxing and indulging in pleasures and entertainment.
Moonbeam says.
"Considering your friend said he had some things to take care of, why don't we spend the evening getting everything we need out of the way then meet back up here? We still need to work out the details of what sort of 'adventure' we will be having, as this was your idea... Rigrok, was it? I'll leave the details up to you."

"Oh, and as for my talents." Moonbeam uses prestidigitation to create a small shower of glitter. "The Queen has gifted me with the blessing of a bit of her own power."

"That could come in handy. As for myself, while first and foremost I consider myself a stonemason, I have a bit of magical power as well. My late father, to whom I owe both skills, actually used them in tandem. I can't, however, since he passed before he had a chance to teach me how to reshape stone magically. (It is a rather advanced skill, which I probably couldn't manage even now even if he was still alive to help me.)"

"I also have some skill with language and ciphers, should anything that requires such skill come up. And while it's not my strong suit I am a practiced negotiator."

Panzo
2016-05-17, 04:18 AM
"A queen? Wow, that's quite remarkable. Oh and I should say that I'm just but a freelance, going around towns taking simple jobs and the like. My mother had some arcane capabilities too and taught me a bit of it. I never manifested it yet, never needed to at least."

ImSAMazing
2016-05-17, 06:08 AM
The Dwarf doesn't look happy to wait another evening on an adventure, but agrees: Allright. Let's meet here tomorrow morning at around 9 AM? Don't make it to late guys. Also, if you haven't noticed already, I got Druid magic to back us up. I don't have anything specific to do this day, so if any of you don't have anything special to do today either, we might just make a trip through town together? Dunno don't like to be alone. Well, maybe I do got something to do.

Rigrok goes outside of the tavern, first wishing everybody goodbye and see you tomorrow etc, and then going outside.

How close is the forest?

Skald
2016-05-17, 06:28 AM
"Okay, sounds good."
Moonbeam takes a stroll through town, checking out what this place has to offer.
(If Rigrok stays in the forest for very long, Moonbeam may run into him as he enjoys spending time in forests during twilight hours, reminiscing about his time with the fey.)

Panzo
2016-05-17, 06:51 AM
"Okay that's agreeable, see you then." Aquilo stays by the tavern, getting a feel for it.

applevalley
2016-05-19, 11:53 AM
The Paladin left as folks broke up for a bit. He didn't intend to be gone long, but there was something he'd been unable to do while roaming around places further away. He stopped by the town markets, and put together a small care package. It didn't cost much, a few silver for most of the contents, really. Food, some ale, and two pieces of gold stuck in the bottom of the basket.

Then he went outside the walls, to one of the smaller hold farms. He looked about, making sure no one was watching him, and then left the package inside the barn. Rory would probably still be the one milking the cows, so he'd find it, per his usual. Rory had always seemed like a good guy. Granted, maybe he'd gotten married and moved away, but he'd never struck Llew as the type.

"Hope you're all doing well," Llew said, then turned to leave.