PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need help with another game. Character creation.

Kafka
2016-05-15, 03:12 AM
I need help coming up with a build, here is my info:

His name is Hemlock, he is a smuggler, and an imposter; freeing non-mages from mage controlled states. He got into this lifestyle by posing as one of the heroes of the underground railroad, using their fame to net housing, food, and unearned respect.. At first he didn't believe in what he was doing, but after nearly dying at the hands of a mage himself, his tune changed, and he began fighting for these people in earnest.

The world is "Tech Vs. Magic", and if you are a non-mage, or non-techie in a city of their dominance, you are treated as a second class citizen. That is my basic understanding of the proposed world.

No known limit in classes, races, or feats.

We start at level one.

I don't have enough play experience with any of the classes to know what I want to play, I just want it to be fun to play. Maybe an unorthodox tank, or equally unorthodox ranged class; you know what, just something unorthodox and FUN, specifically FUN. Something that goes well with a Smuggler who is heavily invested in protecting the people he needs to smuggle out of cities. I hope this is enough information, I know I didn't give enough the last time I sought a build.

The reason the last build didn't pan out, was because my friend didn't want to do the game yet, so I am saving it for when he does.

Divide by Zero
2016-05-15, 03:41 AM
What exactly does the character do as part of the underground railroad? Other than "imposter," which suggests some level of social skill, almost any class could contribute in that scenario.

My first instinct would be a Rogue/Spymaster, maybe with the Mage Slayer line of feats. That or a Thri-Kreen Master Thrower, since you said unorthodox and fun. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the character like that I made a while back.

Kafka
2016-05-15, 03:51 AM
Gets the caravans through check-points, protects his wards if need be. I know that doesn't help much, but up until recently all I had was a name for him. Might also break into prison in order to free non-mages.