PDA

View Full Version : Worgen-Florgen IC

JNAProductions
2016-05-15, 09:23 AM
"Now," Master Guilleman says to the assembled group, "I have called you here for an important task. The Orb of Lothern has been long lost-after my adventuring party used it to seal away the Lich Alkath, it was stolen from us by a dragon, and when we slew him, it was nowhere to be found. We searched far and wide, but could never find it. But now... My divinations have located it. You are to head north to the mountains, and journey deep within them. At the bottom-most caverns are where you will find it. Understood?"

Dain Broadbeam
2016-05-15, 09:35 AM
"You don't happen to have a map of the area?

JNAProductions
2016-05-15, 09:37 AM
"To get to the mountain? Of course," he says, rummaging through a drawer and pulling out a small travel map. "I'm afraid you'll be on your own once you get to the caverns, though."

There's really not much going to happen on the way to the mountains. The combat starts inside.

Dain Broadbeam
2016-05-15, 09:47 AM
"Excellent!" Sindri exclaims as he leans over the map.
"Now this orb of yours, what is it exactly?"

JNAProductions
2016-05-15, 09:51 AM
"It is a powerful artifact, one that has immense energy to it. I could wax philosophical on it, but long story short, it's a huge honking store of energy, and not all that much more," Guilleman says. "Still dangerous and potent, but of little use on its own."

ZinZenWho
2016-05-15, 12:51 PM
Uthrik is in human form for this, and wiI'll revert to human form after we head out.

"What's this thing look like, is it crystal, is it stone? What color is it? How big, less then a foot wide, three feet wide, larger? If we're going in after this thing, we should know that we're looking for." You hear Uthrik say. This is the most you've heard him say at one time since you've met him.

JNAProductions
2016-05-15, 12:52 PM
"It's a crystal, spherical in shape, deep blue, and about a foot in diameter. You'll also feel a sense of power emanating from it-like a heartbeat throughout your entire body," he says in response.

ZinZenWho
2016-05-15, 12:58 PM
(Affirmative Grunt)

Dain Broadbeam
2016-05-15, 01:05 PM
As Master Guilleman begins describing the orb Sindri starts writing in a large beautiful leather bound book inscribed with silver. After he is done, without looking up from his work Sindri adds: "What about weight?" Shortly after receiving his answer he turns his book towards him, showing a detailed picture of the orb along with its details intricately written next to it. "Like this?"

JNAProductions
2016-05-15, 01:17 PM
"A little more web-patterned, but that's quite close, actually. And it weights a little over 50 kilos-solid diamond or something, that thing is."

Dain Broadbeam
2016-05-15, 01:22 PM
Sindri whistles as he mentions the weight before he goes back to correct his drawing.

JNAProductions
2016-05-15, 01:23 PM
"Now, I've given up most of my old adventuring gear, but I still have a few odds and ends lying around. Is there anything you might need?" he offers.

ZinZenWho
2016-05-15, 01:52 PM
"If we're going under a mountain, what ever you've got."

Dain Broadbeam
2016-05-15, 02:13 PM
Rope? Do you have any rope laying around?

ZinZenWho
2016-05-15, 02:20 PM
"Bobkin arrows."

JNAProductions
2016-05-15, 03:17 PM
"Check in the back-I should have 200' of fine silken rope. Used to have unicorn hair, but that combusted. Word of advice-don't use unicorn hair for bondage. It doesn't like it," he says. "As for the bobkin arrows, I'm afraid I was never much for archery, and don't have any."

ZinZenWho
2016-05-15, 04:08 PM
(Indifferent Grunt)

Uthrik starts to poke around the room.
(OOC, What does the room we're in look like, and for that matter who are we talking to?)

"Some extra rations couldn't hurt."

Dain Broadbeam
2016-05-15, 04:18 PM
"Marvellous!" Sindri exclaims when he hears about the rope. "Over there?" He points towards the back and scurries off before Guilleman has any chance to reply.

At the mention of rations stops for a brief moment. "Err, yes, some more rations wouldn't be amiss!"

JNAProductions
2016-05-15, 04:36 PM
(Indifferent Grunt)

Uthrik starts to poke around the room.
(OOC, What does the room we're in look like, and for that matter who are we talking to?)

"Some extra rations couldn't hurt."

"My chef will prepare a meal before you go, as well as some food that will last. Will that be all?"

The man is an old, wizened prune of a man. He stoops more than a little bit, but has a lively look to his face, and sparse gray hair. He's dressed in a simple silken robe.

The room is several chairs set before a desk, with a large, comfortable chair behind it Guilleman is sitting in.

Shyftir
2016-05-15, 10:17 PM
Jak simply listens to the conversation, content to let the others ask questions. As the others gather supplies, Jak walks back to the door and shoulders his backpack. He had come prepared.

The Half-Orc yawns and stretches his muscles. "You know, it's a long walk, we might want to be on our way." Jak's words are languid and unrushed, but it's clear he wants to leave.

ZinZenWho
2016-05-15, 10:44 PM
"If we'll be dining here tonight I'd like to know about how long dinner will run, I'd prefer to turn in early and heard out tomorrow, before dawn. If that's agreeable to everyone else?"

(OOC, I'm assuming that the old man knows I'm a cleric, but that he doesn't know I'm a 6'5" wolf man.)

Dain Broadbeam
2016-05-16, 08:05 AM
I agree with our esteemed cleric. A good nights rest and an early start sounds perfect. Oh, and before I forget, you don't happen to have some lock picks (thieves' tools)? I lost mine not that long ago. You never know, they might have been clever enough to lock the orb in a chest!

JNAProductions
2016-05-16, 11:02 AM
"I believe young William has some. William!" Guilleman barks.

"Yes sir!" a servant says, coming forth from the shadows.

"Give the fine young man your thieve's tools."

"But I don't have-" William starts.

"Yes you do. Now strop trying to pilfer my silverware, give him your tools, and accept a ten percent raise."

"Um... Of course, sir," the young man says, rummaging a set of lockpicks from his pocket and handing them over.

Anything else, or are we ready to leave for the mountains?

Dain Broadbeam
2016-05-16, 11:58 AM
"Excellent!" Sindri quickly stuffs them into his bag.

Looks like we're done, but we have yet to hear from MichaelGoldclaw? Oh and that thieves' tools thing made me laugh. Brilliant. :smallbiggrin:

JNAProductions
2016-05-16, 12:48 PM
After a pleasant dinner and a good night's sleep, you all set off in the morning. Guilleman is kind enough to provide horses, speeding your travel greatly, and it's just past afternoon when you arrive. A drizzle is just starting to appear, slickening the stones and sending rivulets of water cascading into the cavern entrance.

Shyftir
2016-05-17, 12:54 AM
"Well, no use staying out here and getting wet. Might as well get to it." Jak drawls before entering the cave. The Half-Orc walks into the cave using his scythe as a walking stick. He peers into the darkness until his eyes adjust and his darkvision reveals the room to him. "What are you waiting for?" He calls over his shoulder at the others.

Dain Broadbeam
2016-05-17, 02:54 AM
As they travel Sindri looks around for mistletoes and some shamrock leafs.

When they approach the cave entrance Sindri tries to determine what kind of creatures might live in the cave. Does the cave look normal or have someone worked on it? As he inspects the cave entrance he absent-minded mumbles a few words and a few hand gestures (Invocation: Armour of Shadow). For a brief moment Sindri seems covered in a dark shadow.

As Jak calls over his shadow Sindri shakes his head, only now noticing the starting downpour. He jumps down from his pony as he squeals "wait for me!" before running up and hiding behind the large Half-Orcs legs, his staff in his right hand.

JNAProductions
2016-05-17, 11:27 AM
The cave is rough, unworked stone, leading deeper into the mountain. Nothing is immediately visible, though the tunnel quickly grays out as light fades from it.

Are you guys going to travel stealthily? Or not? If you are, everyone roll a stealth check.