PDA

View Full Version : Comprehensive beginners guide to pathfinder?

Concrete
2016-05-15, 09:57 AM
I learned this game by being one of several beginners in a group under a very knowledgeable and patient game master, so I never really got into contact with any kind of beginners guide, and I learned and failed and got better over quite a long time.
But now I'm tryying to introduce my brther to the game, and I feel that something like that would make learning the rules a lot less painful, especially since he will be the only newbie in a rather experienced group.

The thing is, I remember seeing something like that somewhere, but it is not among the books I possess. Was it somewhere online? I don't know, and I can't seem to find it. Was it among the published materials? In that case, could someone point me in the right direction so I can buy it?

Psyren
2016-05-15, 10:18 AM
You want the Beginner Box (http://paizo.com/products/btpy8osv) - it's a very streamlined version of the game that will make it easy for newer people to pick up, even if they've never played D&D before. You can order it online or find it in most game stores, or even big retailers like Target.

NomGarret
2016-05-15, 11:23 AM
The Pathfinder Strategy Guide is probably what you are thinking of. It is pretty good, but IMO lacking in coverage of other books.