PDA

View Full Version : Playing as Pun-Pun - campaign idea

Ettina
2016-05-15, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I know, you're not supposed to play as Pun-Pun. But I have a neat idea.
Solo campaign, Pun-Pun playing out his rise to glory. With requirements to RP all the steps, such as having to actually find a Sarukh before he can become one.
But how does Pun-Pun know to do all these things? Well, he's a Divine Minion, maybe his diety is telling him how. In which case, why is the diety making a mere kobold so powerful? Because dieties can have humanoid familiars (Dieties and Demigods). So, a scaled one diety could make Pun-Pun his familiar and then they both get uber. (Which also means Pun-Pun doesn't need his snake familiar.)
So, would that work? Any comments?

JNAProductions
2016-05-15, 11:44 AM
It'd work for an hour or two. And then you'd become Pun-Pun, and it'd be over. Maybe another hour or two of reveling in godly power, but honestly? This wouldn't last more than one session. Probably less.

Ettina
2016-05-15, 12:04 PM
It'd work for an hour or two. And then you'd become Pun-Pun, and it'd be over. Maybe another hour or two of reveling in godly power, but honestly? This wouldn't last more than one session. Probably less.

You really expect it'll take only two hours to go from level 1 to 5, find a Sarukh, get a monk to give him a Bellflower Tattoo and so forth?

Inevitability
2016-05-15, 12:20 PM
What you're describing only sounds interesting because of the vague shadow of the character you're trying to become, except you'll never actually be playing said character.

Look at it this way: would you enjoy a campaign where your goals are 'reach level 8, talk to an Androsphinx, wear a Necklace of Adapation'? Because that's what this campaign is going to be: random fetch quests that only end when your character becomes practically unplayable.

Gildedragon
2016-05-15, 12:26 PM
The opposite might be more interesting: preventing someone from becoming punpun.
Have some of the steps take longer, require long elaborate rituals (such as the ice assassin spell maybe taking a year and a day for the form to thaw from a glacier)

Malroth
2016-05-15, 12:50 PM
i actually think it'd be incredibly fun, let them revel in near omnipotence for a session or two and once everything is wrecked beyond recognition give an epiloge in which you epilogue them into being the new malevolent overdiety of a new setting.

Zweisteine
2016-05-15, 01:39 PM
You really expect it'll take only two hours to go from level 1 to 5

Pun-pun works immediately at level 1. (Well, it can work at level 1, but the DM can break it more easily, I think (I don't know how easy it is to break the level 5 version).)

The character:

Kobold psion 1 (telepath)
Alignment: anything but chaotic evil.
Ability: 15 intelligence (elite array) (+2)
Skill: Knowledge (the planes) 4 ranks (+4)
Feat: Skill Focus (Knowledge (the planes)) (+3)
Flaw: Any that doesn't lower Knowledge (the planes)
Feat: Psicrystal Affinity (Sage personality (the planes)) (+3)
Trait: Absent Minded (+1)
Masterwork Tool of Knowledge (the planes) (it's a book) (+2)

Total Knowledge (the planes) bonus +15.

Take 10 while reading the book to learn about Pazuzu.
Speak Pazuzu's name 3 times.
Wish for a Candle of Invocation.
Use the candle to summon a Sarrukh.
Get Manipulate Form.
Get all the powers.