PDA

View Full Version : DM Adventure help

TheDreadPaladin
2016-05-15, 12:18 PM
Hi fellow forumers,

I was getting ready to start making my adventures for my players (I am the DM). However, I want them to get to Lv. 1 as fast as I can, and instead of small, tedious battles (which my party hates and constantly complains about), I am thinking about making shorter, quicker battles with more enemies that take more time. Two of these giant encounters (one with lizardmen, and one with a wererat) should nearly get them to Lv. 2, which I am also getting ready to plan. These giant encounters will include a lot of treasure, and allies will be gained during the adventure. My problem is that it doesn't completely gets them to lv. 2, and I was thinking of adding something else besides another battle. I wanted to add more negotiations in my adventure, but I don't know what to negotiate about! They are pretty much doing these missons because of the mayor, and the thieves guild, but I don't know how to give them those extra XP points and for what? Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I hope someone can give me some ideas. I will write more information if needed.

Thanks in advance!!

Honest Tiefling
2016-05-15, 12:36 PM
It'd probably help if we knew the system, which might explain why you can't just have them start at level 2.

MrZJunior
2016-05-15, 02:05 PM
Could you add a couple more enemies to one of the battles or maybe some traps that must be negotiated before them?