PDA

View Full Version : MLP The Cycle 2: Eclectic Twist-a-loo: Ultimatum - Shut Up and Save the World! Gaiden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Theoboldi
2017-03-20, 11:02 AM
Silver slunks over into the library, quietly waiting for Curtain to read out the letter. It's about time they actually heard from those letter-senders again, isn't it? They were supposed to be somewhere around here.

Every now and then, he throw s a glance at the book Dawn is pouring over, wondering what has gotten her feathers ruffled so suddenly. Except that Dawn doesn't have feathered. So it's got her horn flicked? Her mane razzled?

Silver is going through too much of an existential crisis to be clever right now.

igordragonian
2017-03-20, 08:48 PM
Nobility was disappointed that Zebull hasn't told his side of the story for the reason he was chained.

But other issues soon have distracted her.

"Humph. Freckle Face. Good to see that you are useful for once.' she grunted with an appreciating smile, and craned her head over the book.
Her eyes grew with amaze.

"By Rarity's winter coat fashin design...' Nobility gasped with amaze, and then.. the letter came.

She wanted to process what has she read right now. It was important, but a new distraction came- mayne thankfully.

"Read it already!" she barked from her nervousness. But then Nobility remembered again, that she is not in command- and they are letting her join along only.. hmmm.. because.. they haven't thought of kicking her away?

"Ahh.." she blushed, and tried to copy the kind tone that Dawn used.

"W..wh..what I meant to say, would you be a dear and read it alou..alo..loud for us? Pl-please?" she has asked awkwardly.

DigoDragon
2017-03-20, 09:04 PM
"W..wh..what I meant to say, would you be a dear and read it alou..alo..loud for us? Pl-please?" she has asked awkwardly.

'Did Zebull replace Nobility with an evil clone?' Dawn thought. She didn't look impressed with the freckle-face comment about being useful for once, but the fact she said please to curtain was... actually kind of surprising! Where did that nicety come from?

And how do we keep this Nobility?

Derjuin
2017-03-23, 01:42 AM
Curtain

With a swift motion, you easily unfurl the scroll, and are greeted by a messy scrawl that would probably be easier to make out if it were chicken scratch... but after a moment of picking out words, you manage to make out most of the message.

"Hey there! Look, I need you to say four words really loudly on your end for me, okay? It'll make communicating much, much easier for us both. I need you to say: Main screen turn on." Turning the paper over, there isn't anything else on it.

Silver

Perking her head up, Melaina slithers over to your side, looking curiously down to you. "Hey, what's wrong? Did Zebull's stuff get you down?" She says, putting a hoof on your shoulder. "Just remember, that while his stories about the elements match up, it doesn't mean you have to follow some dumb prophecy. Buck to the wind, and make your own way, yeah? I mean, I'm not the best role model for it, but that's what I do. Mom wanted me to be a princess. Instead, I'm a rock star."

Everyone

As the humming dies down, you suddenly hear a very, very loud CRACK!, not unlike a faraway lightning bolt striking, followed by an also very loud, but not quite as loud, "Aaack!"

At the entrance to the library, you see a Cutie Pie, sitting and rubbing her head as steam and/or smoke wafts from its top, part of her mane singed. "I... jeez! What was that?!"

"Weird magic zone," Melaina calls over her shoulder, without really looking. "It suppresses everyone but Starcutter's magic in here." Cutie looks surprised and a little fearful, then takes a step back. "I... guess I'll wait here. I don't know why it did that, but I'd rather it not do it again..." She flops down onto her haunches, groaning as she rubs her head again.

igordragonian
2017-03-23, 02:31 AM
Nobility wws wiered out by the voice, but than Cufie cried in pain. She galloped to her side, looking very worred.
"Green manes!" she cursed.
"I am not going to leave you here, all alone in this creepy castle and injured!"
"Also, Mother always told me that you never leave your ponies behind! If only she has taught ne first aid...'

She was conflicted though. She wanted to be deep in the buisness, vut she was useless. Nobility wasn't smart as Dawn, nor brave as Silver, nor strong as Brazen or even insightful as Curtain.

The group need to move forward, and Cutie can't be forsaken- wether Nobility trust her or not.

"I'll stay with Cutie." she said decisivly.

DigoDragon
2017-03-23, 05:44 AM

"No need, I'll sit with her," Dawn interrupts. She gets up and trots over to the doorway. "I have some questions about her element too. We'll need to find it."

Dawn waves Nobility to return to her... leadership or whatever she was doing. Of course Dawn didn't mention that being outside the room means she could use her magic once more, but hey, probably not an important detail to mention. Yet.

Theoboldi
2017-03-23, 06:05 AM
Perking her head up, Melaina slithers over to your side, looking curiously down to you. "Hey, what's wrong? Did Zebull's stuff get you down?" She says, putting a hoof on your shoulder. "Just remember, that while his stories about the elements match up, it doesn't mean you have to follow some dumb prophecy. Buck to the wind, and make your own way, yeah? I mean, I'm not the best role model for it, but that's what I do. Mom wanted me to be a princess. Instead, I'm a rock star."

Silver gives a worried sigh in response to Melaina's words, and snuggles up a little against the Gorgon. Despite the lack of fur on her lower body, the contact is still rather comforting. With a faint smile, he says "And look at me. I'm a pegasus, but I became a magician.

I....I think I used my powers earlier. When I called out Nobility for what she did. I took away her agency and....well, made things how I wanted them to be. Even at the risk of really hurting her." The young pegasus looks up at Melaina's face. "I cleaned up after myself, though. No matter what kind of power that Axiom wants to give me, I won't use to crush ponies for my own benefit." There is something utterly defiant to his eyes, even as he keeps beating this particular old drum. "Buck to the wind. Who cares what some old prophecy thinks about me."

Nobility wws wiered out by the voice, but than Cufie cried in pain. She galloped to her side, looking very worred.
"Green manes!" she cursed.
"I am not going to leave you here, all alone in this creepy castle and injured!"
"Also, Mother always told me that you never leave your ponies behind! If only she has taught ne first aid...'

She was conflicted though. She wanted to be deep in the buisness, vut she was useless. Nobility wasn't smart as Dawn, nor brave as Silver, nor strong as Brazen or even insightful as Curtain.

The group need to move forward, and Cutie can't be forsaken- wether Nobility trust her or not.

Silver actually gets back up to his own four hooves at this display from first Nobility, and then Dawn. A strange feeling wells up in his chest, prideful and glad to see them acting in such a selfless way. And another feeling, too.

Exasperation.

He puts a hoof to his face, and says "Guys, I'm glad you're showing some spine, but there's no need for the heroics. We've got only this one room to explore. We can just leave the door open.

Does anypony know something about first aid, though? I think lightning bolts to the horn aren't healthy."

DigoDragon
2017-03-23, 06:41 AM
He puts a hoof to his face, and says "Guys, I'm glad you're showing some spine, but there's no need for the heroics. We've got only this one room to explore. We can just leave the door open.

Does anypony know something about first aid, though? I think lightning bolts to the horn aren't healthy."

"Well, I was here earlier then everyone and found this... mostly intact book on the elements." Now outside the room, Dawn uses her ponykinesis to levitate the book up. Ahhhh, so much better that it works again.

She puts the book down and then levitates her doll to Cutie. The doll gives a pat on Cutie's shoulder. "Point on the doll where mean ol' Starcutter's magic tried to zap you."

First Aid? [roll0] (+1 if Heart, +2 if Mind)

igordragonian
2017-03-23, 08:20 AM
Nobility wasn't too sure about Silver's theory about his element.
He has done nothing but saving her from turning into stone ponyburger. Nobility was empty, useless overweighted peacok. He just has exposed what everypony beside Nobility knew.

As much as she cared right now, Silver can keep her element.

Even her care and worry over Cutie was useless. Cutie needed her as... as.. somepony would need a green mane. She started to sympatize with Silver's jealuse at Dawn.
But it wasn't Dawn's fault she was simply better than her at everything useful.
Nobility forced an akward smile.

"Of..o..of co...cou course, Dawn Star dear. I am sorry. I trust you'l do the best here" she said, with a defeated tone and entered the room bypassing Silver, taking a deep breath puffing her chest, trying to look proud as usual.

DigoDragon
2017-03-23, 08:41 AM
"Of..o..of co...cou course, Dawn Star dear. I am sorry. I trust you'l do the best here" she said, with a defeated tone and entered the room bypassing Silver, taking a deep breath puffing her chest, trying to look proud as usual.

"Actually, I could use your help. Could you hold Cutie's mane up like this. Just wanna make sure Starcutter's dumb magic zone didn't leave a lasting mark on Cutie."

Zelphas
2017-03-23, 09:08 AM
Curtain Call looks over the note, then turns to the others. He glances at Cutie Pie with some interest, but leaves her be since there doesn't seem to be too much lasting damage. "So, this person wants to talk to us, and they asked us to say something to make it easier. Something might happen when I do this, so get ready everyone." The young colt clears his throat, and then says in a loud, carrying voice "Main screen turn on!"

igordragonian
2017-03-23, 09:10 AM
"Actually, I could use your help. Could you hold Cutie's mane up like this. Just wanna make sure Starcutter's dumb magic zone didn't leave a lasting mark on Cutie."

Nobilty's ears perked up, and her big forced smile, shrunk to a little honest one.

"No filly should have a *gasp* scar on her head!" she turned back, checking carefully Cutie's head.

Out-
Harmony anx all that.

Derjuin
2017-03-24, 08:12 PM
Nobility & Dawn

"Thanks, you two," Cutie says with a sniffle, putting her hoof down so you can tend to her head. She taps Dawn's princess doll on the head, then to her own - about where a horn would be on your typical unicorn. With the medical knowledge you've picked up from your parents and/or wait staff tending to your injuries, you are easily able to deduce that this is very similar to a case of a lot of static electricity buildup suddenly zapping you.

"It didn't leave a mark, did it...?" She asks, trying to look up at the spot. You don't notice anything off except some stray hairs from her normally curly mane standing on end.

Curtain, Brazen & Silver

As soon as Curtain speaks the words, bright green runes flare to life on the platform underhoof, and a pillar of light slowly encompasses the platform. Five beings appear as the light passes over them, though it seems they're just projections, as if they're not physically there. Once the light ceases to expand, their forms solidify and you realize that they're all changelings. Four of them are standing and looking toward you, while the fifth is sitting on its haunches, looking busy with something in its hooves.

"Yes! Guys! It's working! They got their projectifier to turn on!" the closest one to your group chirps, hopping up and down. The four standing gather together, while the fifth looks over its shoulders for a moment and shrugs. Unlike the others, which boast bright teal eyes, the sitting changeling has dark yellow eyes.

"Hi every... pony? Huh. Well, anyway. My name is Roshanak! These are my friends -" she motions to the changelings beside her "Ampelios," a changeling with a windswept mane and ragged tail raises his hoof, "Ereunike," a changeling with a short-cropped mane and slick tail nods her head and grins, "Xanthena," a changeling with a long and wavy mane and curled tail bows her head, "and Ty- Ty? Get up here! They're on! Tychosus!" The sitting changeling turns around again and very slowly waves a hoof at you, his half-lidded eyes seemingly not even really acknowledging your existence. His mane is ragged and everywhere, and he has what looks like white paint smeared under his eyes. Regardless, he gives you a very slow, wide grin.

"Ahem! Anyway. You saw the previous letter, so I'll just get to the point: everypony in this crazy world is basically being deceived. I don't know by what, yet, but there's evidence of it everywhere. Angels, monsters, ponies... everything. It's like some overriding directive that's controlling things. I wanted to warn your group because it took advantage of one of my friends... and uh, we're actually a little stuck right now." She bites her lip and looks over her shoulder toward Tychosus, who is now staring into his hooves.

"So I wanted to get you ponies here because like, there's some weird thing in the time continuum that kind of makes Starcutter's tower a safe haven from the outside. We can actually communicate here easier. I also wanted to offer you all a deal: if we help you out, would you help us out? I can tell you more if you're down for it."

DigoDragon
2017-03-24, 08:40 PM
"It didn't leave a mark, did it...?" She asks, trying to look up at the spot. You don't notice anything off except some stray hairs from her normally curly mane standing on end.

"No, you seem alright. A good mane combing and you'll be fabulous again. Nobility, I think that is your department," Dawn says. She glances up at her own mane, which has become a bit messy since Nobility worked it this morning. Oops.

their forms solidify and you realize that they're all changelings.

O_O!

Theoboldi
2017-03-25, 04:47 AM
Silver watches Nobility and Dawn take care of Cutie, a faint smile on his lips. Really, it's more about Nobility than anypony. This is the kindest she's ever been. It seems that his meddling has had at least something of a positive effect. He doesn't interfere for now, as he gets the feeling that right now there's nothing he can really help with.

At least, that's how it is until the changelings show up. At first, Silver is a little taken aback. Roshanak, if that is the same one who sent the original letter, did not mention that all of them were changelings. Given everything he's heard about changelings, it's a little off-putting. And these ones don't glitter, so they can't be those new, friendly changelings.

"Guess they sound nice enough, though."

As such, he quickly calms down again, and shows the changelings the smile of a showpony. "Well, hello there! My name is Silver Lining! Thief of Breath and the best magician you've ever seen. And these, are my friends." He gestures at the ponies and gorgon behind them, calling out their names as he points at them.

"Now, before we agree to anything, I've gotta ask. What kind of help are you offering us? Like you said, this world's a little crazy and deceptive, and I'm not interested in getting pushed around anymore."

Dropping the smirk for a moment, he looks at the lone, sitting changeling. "And what's up with this Tychosus guy? He looks like he's falling apart." A moment of contemplation passes, before he adds "This world taking advantage of one of your friends....that's got something to do with his current state, doesn't it?"

igordragonian
2017-03-25, 04:09 PM
Nobility breathed with relif, discovering that Cutie was ok. She didn't completly trusted her, but it didn't matter. Nobility couldn't stay unfazed seeing her hurt.

Nobility looked thankfully at Dawn. This filly...
her kindness actually had a lot of tact. Despite everything, she tried to let Nobility feel meaningful. Needed.

It touched her heart, and sadly her witty tongue disfunctioned when it came to thanks and gratitudes.

"Pff. Like you are one to talk, Nest Mane!" Nobility scolded but in... somewhat friendly tone.

she pulled her brush(which she of course took from the castle. Basic survival tool!) and brushed Cutie's mane gently, almost in motherly way.
"Seriously. You two. With black coat almost any color would fit you! It's nothing less than the cruelest crime to let your manes go so wrong! Tsk! You are leaving me no choice? but to overwork myself, to make you lookable!" She chatted and whined, as she brushed Cutie.
Was a "lookable" even a word?

Her ear perked. Her freak control part wanted to gallop into the room and take over the conversation with who ever they were...

but no.
Silver could handle it, better than her.
For now... she was needed here.

Derjuin
2017-03-26, 03:45 PM
Silver, Curtain & Brazen

"Just a tip, that's all. We can't actively influence your session - at least, I don't think we can yet - so we can just give you hints and such. I know a good way to skip most of the early superfluous stuff and get down to brass grubs: ascending to the god levels and finding Elysius."

"And... Tychosus..." Even though Roshanak says his name, the changeling seems to ignore her. "Well, he changed. Drastically. Out of nowhere, it seemed. He withdrew into himself, and now we have to drag him everywhere. It's like something's constantly clouding his mind, and all he does is stare at his hooves. He doesn't even talk anymore." Slowly, the sitting changeling utters a throaty and ragged cackle; Xanthena and Ampelios look to him and shake their heads, while Roshanak and Ereunike ignore it.

"It's less that he's falling apart, and more that he just doesn't want to do anything. The last thing he said to us was just 'I'm gonna chill for a while'. It's been close to two months now." The changeling you know as Ereunike says, rolling her eyes. "If we don't get back into the action soon, all these god powers are gonna go to waste or something."

Nobility & Dawn

"Thanks, girls," Cutie says, watching you comb through her hair. Each time you do, you feel as if her hair parts extremely easily for your brush, and quickly settles into its natural shape, almost as if by magic. "You're... way too nice to me. But thanks," she says, wrapping her forelegs around both of you and bringing you into a hug.

"Hey, shouldn't you go see what they're talking about? I'm gonna see if I can get into the room again... maybe Starcutter's magic just overreacted or something." She points into the room toward the images of the changelings, though her hoof doesn't pass beyond the doorway.

Theoboldi
2017-03-26, 04:02 PM
Silver throws a questioning glance over his shoulder, wonder if he should really ask his.

"Buck to the wind, Silver. Buck to the wind."

"You don't sound all the concerned about your friend there." he says, doing his best not to sound too judgemental. The cold way that Ereunike is talking about Tychosus is really annoying him.

"But let me get this straight. You're in another version of Equinia? And you found the elements for yourself already?" So....it is a game, after all? Well if it, it's one he really doesn't enjoy. "You, uh, didn't happen to find a way back home while you did that? Cause, uh, I need to take a potty break. From this game. That we are playing."

He leans forward, and whispers to them. "Do you have an.....uh....NPC called Cutie Pie in your world?" In for a bit, in for a pie, as his dad uses to say.

DigoDragon
2017-03-26, 04:45 PM
Nobility & Dawn

"Thanks, girls," Cutie says, watching you comb through her hair. Each time you do, you feel as if her hair parts extremely easily for your brush, and quickly settles into its natural shape, almost as if by magic. "You're... way too nice to me. But thanks," she says, wrapping her forelegs around both of you and bringing you into a hug.

"Hey, shouldn't you go see what they're talking about? I'm gonna see if I can get into the room again... maybe Starcutter's magic just overreacted or something." She points into the room toward the images of the changelings, though her hoof doesn't pass beyond the doorway.

Dawn eagerly hugs back, both Cutie and Nobility. She hesitates to leave the little filly however. "Well, okay, just be careful. I dunno, maybe because we have our elements and you don't the room doesn't let you in? Just don't try to force it and hurt yourself."

Dawn rejoins at the tail end of Silver asking something about Cutie Pie. Her ears perk up, but she is uneasy looking at all those changelings. She just waits rather than ask a question right off.

Zelphas
2017-03-26, 04:55 PM
Curtain Call... is conflicted. The changelings are offering a shortcut, a way to gain a bunch of extra power and control of their Elements. On the one hoof, this is just what side quests do, more often than not; give the player a boost to their abilities so that they're more powerful than they would normally be at that part in the main quest. The fact that their roles seem to have little-to-no current effect at the moment made the offer even more enticing.

On the other hoof... Curtain Call loves games. But more than that, he loves stories. Any game that isn't trying to tell an interesting story isn't worth the time, for him; he'd player a game with terrible controls and a gripping narrative over an excellent, polished game with no story any day of the week. And from a story-telling standpoint, the changeling's offer is concerning. Trying to jump ahead in the story often left the heroes worse off than they started at best, and at worst it killed them or someone they cared about.

"What do you mean by god-tiers?" Curtain Call asks finally, fishing for information for now.

DigoDragon
2017-03-26, 04:58 PM
"What do you mean by god-tiers?" Curtain Call asks finally, fishing for information for now.

"God tears? We making a deity cry now?"

igordragonian
2017-03-26, 05:55 PM
Nobility blushed from the hug.
"Pff. Seeing such manes, hurting my eyes, that all.' she grumbled, but gave into the hug.

"Don't ruin my work.' Nobility said in worried tone, torn by her will to stay with Cutie, and avoid the urge to be freak control again betwen.. her freak control, and honest curiosity.

Gasp*
"They are changelings! And from the nasty kind!'
She took a deep breath.
"So..." she looked at Silver.
"Were you about selling our souls or something? For what benefit?"

Theoboldi
2017-03-27, 03:09 AM
"God tears? We making a deity cry now?"
"It's a figure of speech, Dawn. It means they're strong enough to make a deity cry, not that their doing it."

Sometimes, Silver is uncertain about his own logic, but goes ahead with it anyways.

Gasp*
"They are changelings! And from the nasty kind!'
She took a deep breath.
"So..." she looked at Silver.
"Were you about selling our souls or something? For what benefit?"
Silver rolls his eyes in annoyance. Even though Nobility is nicer now, she still has all the grace of a blimp. As such, he gives her a short nudge, directing her attention at him and not the changelings.

"Well, I tried to sell them your soul, but all they offered for it was some fries and a soda." he snarks, hoping to get the filly angry at him and snap her out of her initial shock.

"Sorry for my lovely assistant being not quite so lovely today." he tells the changelings, flashing an apologetic smile.

igordragonian
2017-03-27, 03:54 AM
Gasp* OMG. Silver just didn't...

Nobilty still felt, nice warmth in her heart, from her sweet moment with Dawn and Cutie. Now her blood was hot. No! Boiled! A steam went out of Nobility's ears.
Silver somehow managed with a few words to boil Nobility's blood again, and snap at him, as she has learned nothing. Nobilty stomped and yelled.
"HOW DARE YOU! YOU MISRABLE EXCUSE FOR A C RATED SHOW PONY! GO MAKE APEREANCE INFRONT OF THE CHICKENS OF FLUTTERSHY, THEY MIGHT ENJOY YOR LAME SUPER HILLY BILLY ACT!!!! I AM YOUR LOVELY ASSISTANT?! WHAT?!?¿¥£¿!" she panted angerly, "Humphed" Raising her famouse muzzle turned away from him, brushing his face with her tail in the insulting way. she added with a hissed grumble.
"And to let you know a facf, I am the LOVELIEST filly you'l ever meet! Humph!"
Toward the changelings with her sweetest smile. "Please excuse our buffon. He think that he is funny. No matter how everypony explain to him he isn't, he FAIL to understand and keep trying. It almost admirable! Ho ho ho!" She apologized(?) and added her rich girl laughter.

"Anyway, I am Nobility the Seer Of Heart. My buffon carrying my element, because they are both a pain in the neck" she presented herself with quite graceful lady-like bow.

"So.... were you talking about.. gods?"

Derjuin
2017-03-27, 03:55 AM
Nobility & Dawn

"Hey, it's okay. Don't worry. I'll keep it perfect from here on!" Cutie says, puffing out her chest. As you turn to join the rest of your group, you see Cutie stand up again and furrow her brow, staring into the library. "Hopefully it's not the Element thing. I won't push it like I did last time, though. Let's give it another shot... in 3..."

Everypony

"Sorry, dude. It's hard to be concerned after waiting two months for him to snap out of it. At this point it's kind of an accepted thing?" Ereunike shrugs, looking back at Tychosus. "He used to be one heck of a fighter. I almost used to look up to him. His silent treatment and refusal to do anything is a bit infuriating, especially since he won't explain it."

"Maybe I can explain better," Xanthena says, tossing her mane over and approaching Ereunike's side. "We're trying our best to help him get out of it, but nothing helps. He waves away offers to write down what he's feeling, won't talk to anyone - even me - and won't engage in anything in the environment. Some of us... well, we do want to go home. And the only way to do so is to win. Whatever has befallen him is keeping us all here. And he doesn't seem to want to get over it."

"Yeah. We're all in Equinia, so I assume you're in one, too. But, uh, 'already' is a bit of a stretch. If Xaxa's -" "- don't use that name in front of them! -" " - sorry, if XANTHENA's measurements are right, we've been in this world for like, six months. The past two, we've been stuck in this library. Unfortunately, the only way to leave is to win. Unless Ty snaps out of his funk, we're not going anywhere..."

When you ask about Cutie, Ereunike raises her eyebrows.

"Cutie Pie? That's a weird name. Can't say I've heard it, though. Have you guys?" Ereunike says, more quietly as if catching on to your subtlety, looking to her friends. Ampelios, who has remained silent so far, raises his hoof. "Uh, I heard it, but it was just in a story. She was helping these ponies and a changeling try to complete a Prophecy but something happened. It seemed really meta and I can't remember all of it, or even how it ended, but I definitely remember the name."

Ereunike and Roshanak shrug, while Xanthena turns to face Ampelios. She mouths something with a smile, but you can't quite make it out. Ampelios, in return, gives her a goofy grin and looks away.

"God levels are what we call the top of your power curve. When you've really come into your element, and can do a lot of crazy stuff with it. Like, Ro's the Rogue of Light. She's got all these crazy Light powers, like having a pretty good idea of where to go and how to beat enemies and stuff. And me, I'm the Witch of Blood. Something about allegiances and whatever, I didn't really pay much attention to that friendship stuff."

As Nobility and Dawn rejoin your group, Roshanak flits into the air a bit and claps her forehooves together. "Oh! You do have fillies with you. That's good! Uh, not that it's a colt-filly thing! And nothing against colts! I promise!" Behind her, both Xanthena and Ereunike give 'Ro' a nearly-synchronized headshake. "Oh my grub, Ro, I swear, you are so awkward..."

"Anyway! I -" Roshanak starts to say something, but is utterly interrupted by a fantastic display of upstaging by Nobility. Xanthena covers her mouth, while Ereunike bites her lip with a grin. After waiting a few more moments for any more explosions, Ereunike bumps the astounded Roshanak aside with a hip-smack.

"Not gods, just god levels. Actual gods are all like, divine and stuff. We didn't pay them much mind, really. What were their names? Selena and Sun... sun something. Sunbutt? Who knows."

igordragonian
2017-03-27, 05:35 AM
Nobility blushed, when she has realized she made a scene infront of them.
But more than anything, she was surprised from the interaction between them.
They have acted.. like.. normal kids? Beside the zombie one of course.
She expected them.. to have an overmind or something.

Nobility glanced back to make sure Cutie is ok, and then turned to the changelings.
'I am sorry...." she gave a fish eye, toward Silver.
"Certain ponies can manage to lower you to their level." she took a deep breath. "And that ok... Ro? is it? It's Ok Ro-dear. Dumb colts are a real problem. At least among us, the ponies" she chuckled trying to lighten up
"Anyway.. before we keep talking about the elements, I am curiouse. You... are quite diffrent from what I would expect of changelings." she said, quite curiouse.
"So... you are bunch of gamer dorks? How did you get copies of the game?" she walked toward "zombiling" as shenicknamed him in her mind.
"Could you tell me.. what HIS element, and when exactly it happened? Did... he enjoyed the game?'
she tried to look at his eyes and understand.

[roll0]

DigoDragon
2017-03-27, 05:45 AM
"It's a figure of speech, Dawn. It means they're strong enough to make a deity cry, not that their doing it."

Dawn just shrugs a bit, accepting the explanation.

"So, where are you all from?" she asks the changelings.

Theoboldi
2017-03-27, 05:48 AM
Silver, for one, doesn't actually seem too bothered by Nobility's regression to jerkwad status. At least now all her unpleasantness is focused on him again. And who knows? Maybe the changelings will like somepony like her better.

Casually, he removes her element from his bundle, using his wings to flick it into the air and juggle it around a few times, though never growing too daring with his actions. That cocky grin is on his lips again, as if everything is going just as planned.

"Yup, her element's with me right now. And thanks for telling me about that story. That's pretty interesting."

"Even if I have no idea what it means."

More openly, he says "This is really weird, though. I guess it'd make sense for there to be other Equinias, what with us already travelling dimensions, but I didn't think other poni- uh, people would get sent to them as well. I mean, how did five changelings even get copies of the game?

And more importantly, how did you get trapped in the library? And how are we supposed to help you out when we can only communicate, and you are already at god tier anyway? We've barely even got started on our journey." At that, he catches Nobilities element and wraps it in his wings, crossing his hooves in front of his chest. This whole experience has been sureal, and it's getting weirder by the second.

igordragonian
2017-03-27, 06:26 AM
"Gimme that!" Nobility hissed, and grabbed her element, then going back to her sweet smile infront of the other group.

DigoDragon
2017-03-27, 06:49 AM
Dawn looks confused. "Wait, they're from another Equinia?" Dawn asks in general.

userpay
2017-03-27, 12:40 PM
Brazen eyes the 'projection' warily. Though also looks between the group and Cutie Pie, mildly worried something might happen with the weird magic. "Wait... So if magic doesn't work properly here than how is this," Gesturing to the projections. "working? Not to mention how can we be sure that everything between our cases will match up enough to do this bypass?"

Derjuin
2017-03-28, 10:36 AM
"And you all are pretty different from what we expected of ponies," Roshanak says, pacing back and forth. "It's funny like that. Anyway! We got ours the same way everyone would have gotten it, I guess. There was a sudden weird mutation in our Super Gameslugs, like a game showed up out of nowhere, and ...well, that's about it."

"As far as titles go, Ty's the Prince of Void. Speaking of, Xanthena's the Sylph of Hope, and Ampelios is the Page of Heart. Our little ragtag band," Ereunike answers Nobility's question for Roshanak, giving it a shrug. "Not like it matters right now, though."

Looking into Tychosus' eyes as much as you can, you see nothing but an empty, golden sheen over them. You can't tell one way or another what he's thinking.

When Dawn asks her question, Roshanak opens her mouth to answer, but Ereunike is quicker. "Megahive Vesuva. Ro and I are from Argus, Ampelios is from Delphis, and Xanthena and Tychosus are from Thessa." Before letting any of that sink in, Ereunike waves her hooves in the air and shakes her head. "Please, don't prostrate yourselves or anything. It was embarrassing enough with Ampy doing it all the time before we convinced him to stop." The male changeling covers his face with a hoof, and turns away. "Come on, Ere..." "You mean, I convinced him to stop..."

"Anyway! We're getting super off track right now. We're trapped in here because we need Tychosus to finish the game, and for whatever reason right before deciding to 'chill for a while', he used his powers to summon an indestructible demon that we can't control. He says it's a 'gift from the ponies' that we 'must accept'." She paws at the floor with a hoof, her mouth twisted up into a frown. "Now, obviously, this is just a theory, but if there's magic that can connect worlds and dimensions together, there could be a way for us to bridge our different sessions and play together. We just need another high-level party to do it... and so far, you're the only one that's offering any promise."

"I've been doing research into a lot of this," Xanthena says, looking to Brazen. "The Projectifier is a magical device made by Starcutter himself, so the Weird Magic Zone totally doesn't apply to it. I think we could use magic like this to actually bridge two different sessions, since we're not technically in different planes, just different timelines and dimensions of that plane. The library is also where it seems to be the weakest - I think it exists outside of Equinia's normal time- and space-stream."

DigoDragon
2017-03-28, 10:57 AM
"That just... raises even more questions..." Dawn muttered.

Ugh, with the babble reaching Star Trot levels, she's gonna need someone as geeky as Curtain to translate all this for her. The filly glanced back to Cutie, and then farther past her to the direction of where that Zebull monster was. Dawn turns back to the projectifier thing. "Okay, so... you're from a... different time period of Equinia (or whatever), and you have an indestructible demon gift you can't control that you gotta accept from ponies in order to get out, is that right? Where do we fit in here?"

Dear sweet Luna, this was weirdness her father wouldn't dare poke at.

Theoboldi
2017-03-28, 10:57 AM
"Woah." Silver eventually responds at the sheer amount of information that has been given to him, struggling to digest it all. "I have no idea what a megahive is, but it sounds big. Do you book shows there?"

And with that, he's right back into the thick of it. "You know, there's something that's been bothering me a little bit. You're talking about the people of Equinia as if they are real, and as if they are being controlled by some outside force. But at the same time, you're talking about all of this like it's some sort of game, with sessions and levels.

How much do you know about what's actually going on here?"

igordragonian
2017-03-28, 12:38 PM
Nobility's eyes derped to opposite directions while trying to process it all.
Those with sharp sense of smell, might smell a hint for a smoke from her head.
Nobility had to hold her head with both forelegs and shake her eyes back to normal.
But other thing has bothered her. Nobility failed in her area of expercy- reading emotions. (and then later use it againat them).
She wanted nothing more than sulk? self pitying whilw laying on the soffa, eating a gallon of ice cream. Sure- it was a changling, and his friends failed to understand what going on... but such excuses didn't statisfied Nobility's ego.

She HAD to solve it. Nobility looked over her group. She... had an idea.

"Curtain. Come here.' She said with an authorative tone, and then akwarded added:"P..pl..pl...please. I......I... n..ne..nee..need ... you...your... he-lp.' She mumbled.

Zelphas
2017-03-28, 01:32 PM
The more Curtain Call hears the changeling's story, the more he thinks that they may be a trap in the game... until they mention an 'indestructible demon'. Immediately, he relaxes. It's a side quest! Even better, it might have a boss even more powerful than the final boss at the end of it, which means we can get better levels and cooler gear. And the stories interesting; the game is getting really meta right now. These guys almost sound like aliens, or something.

"So your session got stopped before you beat it, then?" Curtain Call asks aloud after a moment. They probably have information about the end of the game which helps to get the Golden Ending, too, if they're supposed to be players who already made it through the game. "What happened?"

Then Nobility asks for his help.

Curtain Call stares at her, stunned. "What?" Nobility, the terror of the school playground, was asking him to help her.

After a few moments, Curtain Call walks over to Nobility, his neck and wings held rigid. "What," he says again, his voice flat this time.

igordragonian
2017-03-28, 01:48 PM
Nobility avoided Curtain's eyes.
"C..c..could you..c.could you try and see if you understand what Tychousos is t..through? You are an..a.actor.. maybe you'l see something... I have missed. Maybe you could even try and sing- and I'll see if.. there any reacti..action?" She has asked with folded ears.

harmony+wing pony if Curtain agree.

userpay
2017-03-29, 02:35 AM
Brazen rubs a hoof against his head. "So... You think he summoned something from our current dimension or somesuch and it effectively stalled you? That might explain some of the miscellaneous disappearances we've heard about here..." He almost goes crossed eyed for a moment trying to think this through.

Derjuin
2017-03-30, 02:00 AM
"Different timeline, not quite the same but pretty close, yes. Tychosus used his Void powers to summon some indestructible demon which he said was a gift from 'ponies'. He didn't say who it was, or why, but we all thought it was some kind of secret boss. We had to retreat to the Library; for whatever reason, it can't enter."

Just then, you hear another loud CRACK! coming from the entrance of the library, and you see Cutie standing there, this time unscathed. "Don't worry, I'm okay! I'm just testing some things." Those of you watching the projection of the changelings notice that Tychosus' ear-stem-things wiggle as Cutie speaks, and he starts to slowly look over his shoulder.

"Not for lack of trying, of course. We gave it everything we had." Roshanak, Ampelios and Xanthena each look away from Ereunike as she says such, wearing frowns and pained expressions. When Silver mentions the megahive, Ampelios suddenly looks up and pushes toward the front.

"Oh, yes! The megahive of Vesuva is enormous. It's actually about eight hives all under the control of the same empress, and she has queens subordinate to her. You can book shows anywhere in Vesuva - there's like, a million places to go in it. And-" The changeling begins to ramble about all the different places, cultures, and food in Vesuva, until finally Ereunike hushes him with a swift "Really??"

"Really, it's just easier for us to call them sessions rather than 'Cycle Time Loops'. And we came up with 'levels' to give a more concrete feeling to how we came to be closer to our elements. The more we were here, though, the more ... I dunno, real it felt. Ere? Xanthena? Ampy? Are you with me on this?"

"Yeah. I mean, this is just way too complex for a game. It has to be real... doesn't it?"

"I can't shake the feeling, either. These ponies are way too personal, too charismatic."

"Oh, please. It's almost certainly not real. Why disguise it as a game? To make us not take our decisions seriously? To make us not care about the 'people' in 'Equinia'? I mean, it doesn't make any sense to fake it."

Roshanak sighs and shakes her head, looking as if she's had this conversation a million (or more) times with her friend. Instead, she looks to Silver, who posits another question. "Honestly, I thought we knew everything. But there's still so much we don't know. We know that the Cycle is supposed to make a new world, and that Elysius was supposed to be some kind of egg or something for it."

"We all ascended, and were about to start looking for Elysius. It was like, the last thing we had to do, besides open it, I guess. We never did find the other elements, though, or their bearers, did we?" Xanthena says, looking around. The other changelings - save Tychosus of course - shake their heads and mutter, even Ereunike. "In our searching, Tychosus said he'd heard 'The Word', and that he was 'Almost done' with the game. We thought he'd found Elysius... but he summoned the demon, and... well, you know the rest."

Brazen rubs a hoof against his head. "So... You think he summoned something from our current dimension or somesuch and it effectively stalled you? That might explain some of the miscellaneous disappearances we've heard about here..." He almost goes crossed eyed for a moment trying to think this through.

"I certainly hope it's not a demon from your session." Ereunike snarls to Brazen as her wings flit energetically, while Roshanak puts a hoof on her shoulder. "Uh, hey, let's not get angry over anything. Bad stuff happened, whatever, we're changing our game plan and moving forward now, yeah?" Ereunike shrugs and sighs, tapping her temple with a hoof. "...Yeah. Okay. Sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you, Brazen? If it did come from your session, I'm sure you guys didn't like, banish it to ours or something. It's just weird how Tychosus called it a gift from ponies, and here we are, talking to ponies."

Theoboldi
2017-03-30, 03:20 AM
Silver looks a tiny bit disappointed when Eurenike stops Amphelios, leaning towards the latter when the changelings bicker among themselves about whether this is a game or not. Somehow, he has the feeling that doesn't really matter. Something about sufficiently advanced AIs, and all that.

"Dude, I had no idea changeling society was that huge! You need to tell me more later. I bet I can pick up some cool tricks if I learn more about you."

When the discussion continues and turns to the subject of the demon, he looks at Brazen, then Roshanak for a moment, confusion written plainly on his face "So if there's some time space nonsense going on here, do you think we are going to send them that demon at some point? I mean, I'm sorry if we will, but......actually, is that demon a centaur? A horse's lower body with a monkey's upper body?"

Once he has gotten an answer to his possibly ridiculous question, he slinks past the others, seeking out Tychosus. Then, an idea having popped into his head that won't let him go until he tries it, he speaks up to the lone changeling. "Hey, Tychosus. Cutie Pie is here. Would you like to talk to her?"

igordragonian
2017-03-30, 05:18 AM
Nobility half listened to the meta-dork discussion, but wondered if the changelings came from the same world as they are- she couldn't miss the existence of a whole "mega hive". Did she?

More importantly:
"Cutie! keep talking! No better- sing!" she said with en excitment.
"Curtain, play with your stupid guitar! Now!"" Nobikity commanded- but more overexcited, than a bully.

DigoDragon
2017-03-30, 05:49 AM
"Different timeline, not quite the same but pretty close, yes. Tychosus used his Void powers to summon some indestructible demon which he said was a gift from 'ponies'. He didn't say who it was, or why, but we all thought it was some kind of secret boss. We had to retreat to the Library; for whatever reason, it can't enter."

Just then, you hear another loud CRACK! coming from the entrance of the library, and you see Cutie standing there, this time unscathed. "Don't worry, I'm okay! I'm just testing some things." Those of you watching the projection of the changelings notice that Tychosus' ear-stem-things wiggle as Cutie speaks, and he starts to slowly look over his shoulder.

Dawn starts to walk back to check on Cutie again, but stops halfway when the filly shows she's alright. Relieved, Dawn paces a bit around the room to openly muse over this problem.

"Well, if you're in an... alternate timeline of our cycle, session, whatever, but everything is still similar to our side... then maybe your indestructible demon probably can't enter the room you're in because of Starcutter's Weird Magic barrier. It prevents everything but his magic from working. A pain in my flank, honestly, but I guess it's a defense against stuff like that."

Dawn stops to look out into the hall. "We have a demon in our... session named Zebull. We don't know if he's indestructible, but Starcutter left him chained with his power binded into a little magic orb thingy... Huh." The filly spins on her heels to face her friends. "Hey, we're in Starcutter's library, right? Maybe whatever spell Starcutter used to bind Zebull could be used to bind the demon on the changeling's side. Then they could get past it and out of the tower on their side, and we can move on. Okay, so... binding magics... where...?"

The little unicorn starts looking for books on how to chain demons, though maybe that's too specific, so binding spells? Chain spells? Imprisoning spells?

Searching [roll0]+2 = 8

userpay
2017-03-30, 11:12 AM
Brazen raises an eyebrow at Ereunike's outburst and shrugs. "Just a guess. We've been told about how certain notable figures that either shouldn't beable to die have 'died' or otherwise disappeared. And as my friends point out it could well be related to the chained demon out in the lobby though he doesn't seem dangerous at the moment... Do you have something chained up on your end?" He pauses for a moment. "If not and the orb is still there maybe that could chain the beasty on your end..." The colt wanders over to try and help Dawn find any books.

(OOC Acting in harmony)

Zelphas
2017-03-31, 07:58 PM
Curtain Call narrows his eyes as Nobility asks him to play and 'help' Tychosus. What does she think she'll get from him? He almost wants to refuse, but the fact that the nearly comatose Changeling reacts to Cutie Pie's voice has him interested. "Princess Melaina, could I borrow your Eclectic Bass again?" he asks politely, turning away from Nobility.

Assuming that she gives the Bass to him, Curtain Call begins to play a slow, lullabye-like melody, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9cBQmrMKbw) smiling slightly as he remembers the name of the song. "If you know the words, Cutie Pie, feel free to sing along; otherwise, just talk, and hopefully this helps."

Mind (?) to play the Bass well: [roll0]

Derjuin
2017-04-01, 01:16 AM
"You could learn... from me? I dunno... you'd probably want to talk to Xanthena or Ereunike or Roshanak. They're way better at pretty much everything." Ampelios says with a remarkably casual shrug. "Oh, no, the demon isn't quite like that, if you're referring to Zebull. He's powerful, but-"

"- the demon we're talking about makes Zebull look like a chump. We don't even know its name, just that it's out for hemolymph and doesn't afraid of anything." Ereunike says, shaking her head. "It can take a lot of different forms. It showed up as this giant galaxy-looking pony, and a wispy cloud of red smoke, and a giant hideous beasty-looking thing with hooks for hands. You know, your typical really scary superboss type stuff."

When Nobility approaches Cutie, the filly ***** her head to the side. "Huh? Sing? But... I can't sing. Why? What's going on?" As she squeaks louder, Tychosus turns onto his side and looks up to Silver. He slowly pushes himself up, just slightly, and shows off a toothy, hideous grin, though he says nothing. After pausing for some time, he chuckles under his breath, then lets his head hang.

When Dawn talks of the Weird Magic Zone, Melaina looks up from a book she'd delved into, having apparently dismissed the talk with the changelings as none of her business.

"That would explain a lot, actually. Like why most of our powers don't work in here..." Xanthena says, glancing to Ereunike. "I don't think we're losing our powers, it's just that there's a barrier against them. How did you find out about it? And what about this binding spell? In our session, Zebull was the ruler of Purgist... we had to defeat him ourselves."

"You mean to tell me someone's already beaten up that windbag for you? How lame!" Ereunike stomps a hoof and furrows her brow, then turns away. "Did we just get like, the worst session ever or something? Feels like we had hard mode engaged or something."

Looking to Brazen, Roshanak and Xanthena both nod their heads. "We could try something like a binding spell. I don't think we tried to bind it, just fight it. If you could find something like that..." Roshanak falls silent as Dawn and Brazen both wander away to find a book that might help.

Thankfully, with both Dawn's freaky knowledge of the Dewey Decimal System (which thankfully, these ponies follow) and Brazen's aid, you're able to cajole the magic of the library to bring you... an excruciatingly large tome, labelled "Binding Magical Creatures: Master Series". This book is big enough that it could probably crush a cat if you dropped it on one... When you crack it open, just the first few pages look incredibly intimidating, with strange symbols and magical language everywhere. There isn't even a glossary!

Meanwhile, Curtain's request of Melaina falls on receptive ears, and the gorgon smirks. "Yeah, sure. Warning you, though, it plays like a regular guitar in here. Show them what you got, or... like, whatever's going on? Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention." She pulls out from apparently nowhere the Eclectic Bass, though it appears to be a rather ordinary bass at this junction.

As you rock out the most awesome guitar lullaby possible, Cutie suddenly sits down and shrugs. "Sorry, it's not familiar to me. Uh... can you hear me? Is this loud enough? Who am I talking to?" Cutie's voice approaches levels of high-pitched increased volume that her voice might just crack, should she get any louder.

The near-comatose changeling looks up, toward the source of Cutie's voice, and falls onto his face... laughing hysterically.

The other changelings exchange worried glances, and Ereunike, Ampelios and Xanthena approach their comrade, while Roshanak grows closer to your group, approaching the edge of the runed platform. "Uh, I think we should maybe like... contact you later. When your Projectifier turns off, a little mirror should pop up. It works like a smaller version of the Projectifier. Keep that with you and we'll talk to you later, okay?" Ro says, giving a quick wave before flitting over to Ty's side. Swiftly, the runes disappear, and with it, the projections of the changelings.

"What... what was that about?" Cutie shouts, her brow etched up with worry. Just above where the changelings once stood, a steel-grey hand mirror appears with a demure sparkle, and floats in the air, rotating slowly.

Theoboldi
2017-04-01, 01:27 AM
Silver calmly listens as Curtain plays his song, enjoying the music for what it is despite Cutie's rather screechy singing. It helps him not to get freaked out by Tychosus freaky grin. Something is most definitely wrong with that changeling. Well, moreso than with your usual changeling. And that laugh.....for a moment, the young colt is almost glad when the projection turns off.

Did Tychosus just laugh there? Or was it something else entirely?

Grabbing the mirror, Silver turns around to Cutie Pie, leaving Brazen and Dawn to examine the book for now. "Cutie, you got some 'splainin to do. Why the heck did Tychosus react to you like that?" For now, he keeps the other mention of her a secret. It'll be his trump card, so to say.

DigoDragon
2017-04-01, 07:13 AM
"That would explain a lot, actually. Like why most of our powers don't work in here..." Xanthena says, glancing to Ereunike. "I don't think we're losing our powers, it's just that there's a barrier against them. How did you find out about it? And what about this binding spell? In our session, Zebull was the ruler of Purgist... we had to defeat him ourselves."

"I use magic all the time. Suddenly not having it was my second clue," Dawn replies. She hesitates a second and then wiggles a hoof at Melaina. "First was having a professional gorgon here who knew about it."

Grabbing the mirror, Silver turns around to Cutie Pie, leaving Brazen and Dawn to examine the book for now. "Cutie, you got some 'splainin to do. Why the heck did Tychosus react to you like that?" For now, he keeps the other mention of her a secret. It'll be his trump card, so to say.

"Don't make fun of her voice," Dawn warns Silver. "Some of us pretty ponies can't sing as well as others. I think that changeling was being rude."

Theoboldi
2017-04-01, 07:44 AM
"Don't make fun of her voice," Dawn warns Silver. "Some of us pretty ponies can't sing as well as others. I think that changeling was being rude."

"I am not making fun of her voice:" Silver grunts, rolling his eyes. "Stop acting like I'm some kind of jerk. Besides, that changeling was crazy, not rude."

DigoDragon
2017-04-01, 09:03 AM
"I am not making fun of her voice:" Silver grunts, rolling his eyes. "Stop acting like I'm some kind of jerk. Besides, that changeling was crazy, not rude."

"Then what explaining does Cutie need to do?" Dawn questions him. "It's obvious that changeling was making fun at her expense."

userpay
2017-04-01, 12:16 PM
Brazen slowly goes crosseyed as they look at the book. Though when the projection vanishes the colt shakes himself out of it and takes a few steps away from the book. "Well they never did say that they didn't have something chained up out there... Which makes me wonder whether the orb is still there or destroyed. Maybe something nastier than Zebull was chained and that changeling freed it?"

igordragonian
2017-04-01, 06:49 PM
Nobility knew the words- but she decided, to kick her ego away, and let Cutie take the spot light- she just hummed in the background.

She was.. surprised.
Nobility stomped, and looked at Silver.
"Aplogize to Cutie Pie! she demanded.
"If you have a question, you'l have to choose the right words!" Nobility scolded in quite... motherly tone.

Zelphas
2017-04-02, 12:29 AM
Curtain Call sighs as the changelings leave, finishing out the song with a slight flourish. He hands the Bass back to Melaina with just a touch of reluctance, then turns towards the group. "Cutie Pie, I think Silver was asking about why Tych--Tychosu--why Tycho was laughing right away when he saw you," he says, focusing on talking to what he's pretty sure is an NPC to keep himself from stuttering. "He seemed to react to your voice right away, even before the song. He might just be a big jerk, but if we're going to win this ga--if we're going to win this, we need to pay attention to everything," Curtain Call finishes diplomatically. "If you have a clue, it could help all of us a lot."

igordragonian
2017-04-02, 01:08 AM
Curtain Call sighs as the changelings leave, finishing out the song with a slight flourish. He hands the Bass back to Melaina with just a touch of reluctance, then turns towards the group. "Cutie Pie, I think Silver was asking about why Tych--Tychosu--why Tycho was laughing right away when he saw you," he says, focusing on talking to what he's pretty sure is an NPC to keep himself from stuttering. "He seemed to react to your voice right away, even before the song. He might just be a big jerk, but if we're going to win this ga--if we're going to win this, we need to pay attention to everything," Curtain Call finishes diplomatically. "If you have a clue, it could help all of us a lot."

Nobility patted Curtain's head.
"THIS how you do it, Silver Jerk! Learn from Curtain Call! Iе seems he is even better than you, at being polite!""

Derjuin
2017-04-02, 02:57 AM
"I don't know," Cutie squeaks, shrugging. "Is that the one that laughed? I've never met him before. Maybe he thought my voice sounded funny? I think it sounds pretty funny, too. I mean, it squeaks a lot, and it's really high pitched. I can't wait until I can not-squeak anymore..." she says, rubbing her chin with a hoof. "You know, it'd be a lot easier to TALK if this... dumb library... wasn't stopping me from coming in!" She swipes at the entrance to the library with her hooves, each swing causing a louder and louder CRACK!! sound, the air itself heating up slightly with magical energy.

"Maybe we should get moving? I don't think trying to bust down Starcutter's library's magic's gonna help us." Melaina chimes in, flopping her book closed and letting it aimlessly fly away, shelving itself on a high-up shelf.

When Dawn and Silver exchange words, Cutie's ears droop. "Hey, come on. No grumping at each other! I know we all want to figure out what Psychosis-or-whatever's problem is, but I don't think this'll help. Maybe we should go try to... uh... what were we going to do again?" She suddenly frowns, her eyes getting big. "Sorry, it's been such a whirlwind adventure so far that I forgot what we were actually going to do."

"Something about a goddess in the shrine next door, along with my sisters and possibly mom?" Melaina interjects, raising a hoof as she slithers toward the entryway. "The well, sneaking in, some kind of diversion. Oh, hey, we never actually hatched a plan for that, did we...?" She scratches at her chin with a hoof, looking deep in thought.

DigoDragon
2017-04-02, 07:01 AM
"I don't really care about Psychosis' problem. I think the better focus is on the temple and rescuing everyone inside from the angels." Dawn had given up on the book. It seemed way to complex right now and could take a long time to decipher. Maybe she'll come back later.

The filly gathers her things and exit the room, standing by Cutie. "Nobility, silver, you two still planning on that distraction, or shall we all go to the well together? We only have like, 12% of a plan and I think we should nail down some more details."

igordragonian
2017-04-02, 07:06 AM
Nobility shutted up, backing off. Now with noling to help, or Pie to protect.. she felt worthless again.
She just smiled akwardly, looking at the others.

DigoDragon
2017-04-02, 07:08 AM
She just smiled akwardly, looking at the others.

"Is... that a yes or...?" Dawn asks Nobility to clarify.

igordragonian
2017-04-02, 07:11 AM
"Is... that a yes or...?" Dawn asks Nobility to clarify.

Nobility has asked nervously.
"A..a..are you aski..asking ME?"

DigoDragon
2017-04-02, 07:42 AM
Nobility has asked nervously.
"A..a..are you aski..asking ME?"

"Uh yeah. You and Silver previously had the idea to distract the angels at the front door. Melaina didn't think that was a good idea, so i'm asking if that is still your intention or if you'd like to join us in the well and just keep the party together."

userpay
2017-04-02, 11:18 AM
Brazen pauses. "They never did give us any clues did they? Ah well our sessions are different enough that it could very well be a moot point... Also the way Tycho reacted made it sound like he knows something. Perhaps something that will happen?" The colt frowns at that thought. That coupled with Cutie's inability to enter the chamber put his hair on end yet so far Cutie had been nothing but good? "I'm still on the fence about the distraction, could set them on alert but if it draws a good chunk of them off it could be worth it."

DigoDragon
2017-04-02, 11:42 AM
"Well Zebull was free in their session, so either they're at a point in the timeline waaaay long ago or after we free him and he takes over Purgist," Dawn suggests.

igordragonian
2017-04-02, 01:02 PM
Nobility nodded. Well, then... it decided... the distraction was a ridiculose idea, and we should forget about it" she said with akwarded smile.

Nobilty paused, daringto say her own theory.
"I dont think the Cyclings were from Equestria, at least... not OUR Equestria. I am quite sure we would have heard of such huge nation as the "Megahive". They probably came from a world, where changlings are the dominant race..ugh. It make my head hurt..."

Nobility took a deep breath.
"So... naturally they came to.. diffrent Equinia?" she suggested with a nervouse smile.

"It's.. j..ju.just a theory.' she added apolegtoclly.

DigoDragon
2017-04-02, 06:16 PM
"It's a good as theory as any, cause I dunno," Dawn says, "But we're getting off topic. Gotta plan our way through this temple. I don't think the distraction is a bad idea. It just needs refinement to ensure no one gets captured. Melaina, you mentioned something about the angels not able to catch you? Maybe you can help with speed?"

Derjuin
2017-04-03, 07:59 PM
"There's lots of places to hide, both in the well and the temple itself. The crazy angels aren't the brightest. I'm more worried about my sisters, and whatever's guarding the prison down below. And the voice." Melaina says, coiling up and taking a seat. "It's not a big temple, though. At least, not when you sneak in."

"If you guys want to distract the angels, I could help with that," Cutie says, raising her tail in the air and shaking it back and forth. "I bet those angels can't catch this filly!" She waits with a big smile, looking to Nobility and Silver in particular. "We could draw their attention and run away, then sneak back and hop into the well. If all seven of us try going in at once, we might be seen or something."

igordragonian
2017-04-04, 04:25 AM
Nobility smiled from the aproval of Cutie. She was in such fragile state right now.. yes. It raised her suspicions- did Cutie had a scheme? But what she said made sense... and beside, she and Silver shared their suspicions- if she will try something, they will be prepared.
"Splendid! We shall make the angels looks ridicoulos!"

She looked at the expression on Silver's face, and yet again swallowed her pride...
"S...S..Sil..Silver? I.. am.. s...s...s...s...s...so....so....so....so....sor..s or...sor...sor...sorry I have yelled at you." she mambled avoiding his eyes.
"This plan is.. dangerouse, and... we'l... need each other.. so.. a.. truss?" She smiled akwardly offering a hoof.

DigoDragon
2017-04-04, 05:39 AM
[COLOR="#2F4F4F"]"If you guys want to distract the angels, I could help with that," Cutie says, raising her tail in the air and shaking it back and forth. "I bet those angels can't catch this filly!" She waits with a big smile, looking to Nobility and Silver in particular. "We could draw their attention and run away, then sneak back and hop into the well. If all seven of us try going in at once, we might be seen or something."

"Do be real careful, Cutie," Dawn said concerned. "Those angels might have some magic tricks to slow you down."

Theoboldi
2017-04-04, 09:51 AM
She looked at the expression on Silver's face, and yet again swallowed her pride...
"S...S..Sil..Silver? I.. am.. s...s...s...s...s...so....so....so....so....sor..s or...sor...sor...sorry I have yelled at you." she mambled avoiding his eyes.
"This plan is.. dangerouse, and... we'l... need each other.. so.. a.. truss?" She smiled akwardly offering a hoof.

Silver looks back at Nobility, his expression blank and nigh emotion-less. For once, there is no real fire to him. His eyes are icy, staring right back at her.

"No."

Seconds pass as what he just said sinks into his own mind, and only when he is fully aware of the word he just used does he continue talking.

"No. Screw you, Nobility. And screw you too, Dawn." Now, his glare is directed at Dawn, still full of cold, unkindled wrath. "Find somepony else to risk their live for your distraction, you ungrateful jerk.

How entitled can you even be? So I'm some kind of bully who's trying to make fun of Cutie, just because I'm not nice to you? Because I don't like you? So what if I don't like you?!" Finally, his anger flares up, and there seems to be a certain fire to his words, albeit one far less wholesome and righteous than usual. "There's clearly something wrong with Cutie, something about her background that just doesn't work out! Heck, I'm worried that she probably doesn't know what it is herself! But no, mean grumpy Silver Lining just wants to make fun of her voice, huh?

Have you forgotten all the things I've done for you guys?! I fought so hard by your side when we battled those shardlings! I did all I could to keep Nobility's bullying down to a minimum! Hell, without me you cowards would have never even met Melaina! Or made friends with her! Or do I have to remind you of Nobility's little blackmailing scheme that you didn't seem to be at all bothered by?!

But hey, that's just like you, isn't it?! That's exactly why I don't like you, Dawn! Your stupid entitlement! You've got all that magic power to do whatever you want with, everypony is happy to be your friend, but for some reason none of that is enough for you! The moment somepony or something goes against that, you treat them like dirt!

Screw! You!"

By the end of his rant, he is breathing in and out heavily, and it takes a few moment for his breath to return to even a semblance of normalcy. When it does, he momentarily turns aside to Nobility and adds "And screw you for calling my plan stupid and then begging me to do it once Dawn wants it to happen. You annoying sycophant."

Well, seems like everyone has been waiting for me. Digo and Igor said they were okay with me doing this rant. If it sours the mood for any of you, go complain to them.

igordragonian
2017-04-04, 10:20 AM
Nobility shocked, bursting into tears. Well.. that was it?

"What can I say to change your opinion?"

Zelphas
2017-04-04, 10:22 AM
Curtain Call watches with wide eyes as Silver explodes at Nobility and Dawn. I... I should say something. I don't think that there's PvP in this game, but still... I should say something. He opens his mouth, but no words come out. Oh, come on, Curtain! You're still tongue tied? Pathetic.

Fine. Do what you can. Curtain Call turns to the naga in the group. "Princess Melaina, do the angels patrol the path to the well you mentioned, and do they guard the well itself? If not, then we don't need a distraction; we can all get in quietly, and the angels might not know what we've done until long after we've left. If they do, then we need a distraction to make sure everyone can get in; I'll take Silver's place on the distraction team if he doesn't want to do it."

Next, he turns to Cutie Pie. "I'm sorry if it's nothing, Cutie Pie, but the way you got here and your story about it is so weird compared to ours that we're a little worried. If there's something that you're hiding that can help us, please let us know.

"S-silver..." Curtain Call silently berates himself for stuttering, motioning with a wing for Silver Lining to follow him out into the hall. Once they are out of earshot from the library, he sits down, clearing his throat. "I--I--I..." he clears his throat again, looking away. "You can th-think what you want, b-but I... I don't th-think that you were very f-fair to Dawn just now. You and her have b-been snapping at each other s-since we g-got here, and I-I'm not sure why. M-magic can't do everything; we're g-going to be able to f-fly someday, and m-most unicorns can't do th-that. And so sh-she's a little... lazy; I-I st-still think this is a g-game, and n-no one else does, and you haven't b-been nearly as mad at m-me..."

DigoDragon
2017-04-04, 11:07 AM
Dawn's eyebrows were raised by Silver's outburst. Surprising? Yes, a bit. However, there's a bit of a double-standard here because he's been-

"Shh. Shh. No, it's okay. Let me handle this," Dawn's doll says as it comforts her with a gentle pat on the head. The doll hops down off Dawn's back and walks over to Silver, or at least as close as it could get without crossing the doorway into Starcutter's Weird World of Magical Impotence. (Patent Pending)

The little cloth princess gives Silver a little curtsy. It's rather obvious to see the glow of Dawn's magical horn aura on parts of the doll, but Dawn has this odd hurt look as if she's not actually doing anything. "You know Silver, you're right. Dawn is pretty self-entitled isn't she? All that magical power at her disposal and she just spends her weekends with her nose in a magically levitated book with her magic turning pages and lifting hayfries for her. Wasted potential, right? Well, yes, it is! She could do so much more if she'd apply herself. But she doesn't."

"And you know why you don't apply yourself," the princess doll says with a twirl to face Dawn. "It's cause of your parents. I mean, look at these friends of yours. Nobility's parents have money, probably, Silver's got a grandfather why may be lost in Equina somewhere, Curtain has... a dog or something, but you, little pretty Dawn Star, are the daughter of two experienced adventurers who have helped save Equestria! That's a lot of pressure to live up to, isn't it, Dawn?"

"I... yeah..." Dawn squeaks out.

"You don't want to fail your parents. You need to meet that high bar they set for you!" the cloth princess states with a pointing hoof. "But you're afraid. So it's easier not to even try anything than to attempt and fail. That's why Silver hates you, isn't it?"

Dawn sniffles, but doesn't answer. She can't even make eye contact with the doll.

"Say you're sorry."

The unicorn sighs. She looks up at Silver. "I'm sorry I assumed you were being mean to Cutie Pie."

The cloth princess turns back to Silver. "Okay, good. Silver, sweetie, I totally get your anger at her. She has everything a pony could want; she's a unicorn, she has an amazing talent for magic... I used to live with her, I've seen the potential. I bet she could get into Celestia's school without even trying." The doll taps a hoof disapprovingly. "So yeah, all that work you put in to keep Nobility in check and getting the party to meet Melaina, totally heroic of you. No wonder you've treated Dawn terribly since day one, right? All the times you told her to buck off and shut up? She's kind of a loser that deserves it. Easy to bully around because she isn't much physically. I think her bad attempt at standing up for Cutie was the closest I saw to her putting effort into anything. Sure does make it easy to be mean to her... kinda like being a bully, but not in Silver Lining's case. He's been trying to get the team home. Totally the hero here for the work he's done and all those mean things done to Dawn are justified, right? Dawn's just holding you back, right?"

Theoboldi
2017-04-04, 12:03 PM
Silver keeps his eye contact with Dawn the entire time his friends try to dissuade him from his course of action, not even following Curtain, only looking at the doll when it begins speaking to him. Nothing about his expression changes throughout the entire speech it gives him. And when it is finally done, he says nothing for a few seconds.

Then, his head slowly turns, tilting towards the one pony in the room who he considers stable enough to give him an answer to the question he has. After a long, exhausted sigh, he asks him "Brazen? Did Dawn go crazy, or did I? Did I snap when Nobility asked to support my plan, and now I'm seeing talking puppets? Cause I seriously think that might have happened."

One he is reassured that he has not, in fact, gone crazy, he turns back to Dawn.....no, the puppet.....then to Dawn....then to the puppet again. And finally, to Dawn.
It's....alright...I guess. The whole thing about Cutie, I mean. Buck..." For a moment, Silver averts his eyes, trying to think of a way to say what he wants to say. "I've....I've not been.....that mean to Dawn, have I?"

In the very likely case that somepony says that he indeed has been, or nopony answers at all, he'll direct his attention at the doll again.

"Dawn is not a loser. Celestia knows I wish I could tell myself she is one. But....she's not the only one with somepony to live up to. My grandpa......urgh, he's here! He's here in Equinia with us, and at the end of all this I'll have to face him!....

....I just.....at least Dawn can live up to her parents......all the potential is there, even if she's wasting it. I'm just....look at me. All I can ever be is some stupid stage magician! I can never be a wizard, or a full-blown illusionist! I'm not-!....I'm.....I'm not a unicorn....." Tears are definitely visible in Silvers eyes, but he takes a moment to compose himself rather than showing his own vulnerability.

"I'm sorry for holding you back, Dawn."

DigoDragon
2017-04-04, 12:31 PM
"I'm sorry for holding you back, Dawn."

"Oh no no no, don't be sorry," the cloth princess retorts, dismissively waving her hooves in front of Silver for attention. "No one is holding her back but herself! I mean look at her! Dawn holds herself so far back she could tell you the time of day the asteroid killed off the dinosaurs. Seriously, anything you or the others here could do would only help her, and boy does she need it."

Dawn cringes a little when the doll glances over at her.

The cloth princess flips her mane delicately. "Silver, it's like this... yeah, you have been really mean to her all this time. At the same time you have been working hard to make the most of this unfair hand you've been dealt ('Hand' as in the card term, by the way) in your endeavor to be a great magician. You are at least applying yourself! You're pushing yourself to exceed expectations! So what if you're not a unicorn? Look at Dawn over there, think being a unicorn helped her? You may be a pegasus, but you got your own brand of magic that will not fail you! You want real magic? You got lightning tricks and can be your own fog machine if you want to! You want illusions? You can dazzle using light refraction off raindrops and ain't on pony faster than a pegasus on their hooves and wings. Silver Lining? you are Silver Lightning! Don't sell yourself short!"

"Little unicorns like Dawn over there are just jealous. Jealous that Silver Lightning here knows what he wants and will make his grandpa proud!"

Theoboldi
2017-04-04, 03:07 PM
Silver, without warning, grabs the doll out of the air, dragging it out of Dawn's telekinetic grip. He stares down at the cloth construct, looking tired and like he is holding back tears. But even though his voice wavers, it is filled with determination.

"What do you know about us? You're just a doll."

And with that, he gently sets it down on the floor of the library, taking care not to damage it. Though on the inside he really wants to rip the darn thing apart right now.

"Nobility." he says, turning to the crying filly. With a flick of the hoof, he unties his cape and gives it to her, as a makeshift handkerchief. "Sorry for lashing out at you like that. I....you didn't deserve that."

"Dawn." he begins again, this time turning to the unicorn herself. His voice noticeably cracks as he speaks, though yet he goes on. "Stop badmouthing yourself. You've-....*sniffle*...you've got the keenest mind of....a-all of us here." Before he breaks down crying, he extends a hoof towards her. "If you want t-to be a hero, d-do it.....*sob*....you have the drive to save E-Equinia. from i-itself....now let's put it into action."

DigoDragon
2017-04-04, 03:34 PM
"Dawn." he begins again, this time turning to the unicorn herself. His voice noticeably cracks as he speaks, though yet he goes on. "Stop badmouthing yourself. You've-....*sniffle*...you've got the keenest mind of....a-all of us here." Before he breaks down crying, he extends a hoof towards her. "If you want t-to be a hero, d-do it.....*sob*....you have the drive to save E-Equinia. from i-itself....now let's put it into action."

Dawn pushes past Silver's hoof and gives him a gentle hug. "We have the drive to save Equina. Well, mostly you, but yeah. I want to be a hero. I just... I want you all to be my friends even more." Dawn breaks the hug for a moment and lifts the edge of Silver's cape to wipe his tears (and a couple of her own). "I am a little jealous you got a neat idea with the cape going. Kinda has this Power Ponies thing going for you."

She tries to break a smile and adjust silver's cape to look straight. Sans magic this time.

igordragonian
2017-04-04, 06:38 PM
Nobility blushed a bit, as Silver offered him as... handkerchief?
It was.. so noble.
And Dawn with her doll.. how much bravery, kindness and wisdom in one pony,

How ever she dared to bully them?
"That ok, Silver.... I guess I putted a lot of tress on all you...' she has opened her hooves, as if she want to join the hug, but feeling too guilty to do so

DigoDragon
2017-04-04, 07:03 PM
she has opened her hooves, as if she want to join the hug, but feeling too guilty to do so

Dawn tugs on Nobility with her telekinesis toward a group hug.

igordragonian
2017-04-04, 07:06 PM
"Pff. Hugs are lame, but I guess including me making it less lame..." Nobility said with a smile.

userpay
2017-04-04, 09:30 PM
Brazen for his part isn't sure whether to be annoyed or relieved that he wasn't included in the odd doll's tirade. Perhaps he hasn't been all that open with the others as he could be. "We're all seeing..." He glances at the likely now limp puppet after Silver pulls it into the magic zone. "It. Though whose to say we aren't all a little crazy. I mean look at where we are! A whole new world to explore, one we don't know the 'rules' to, and sticking ourselves right into the thick of things. I think that might drive anypony a bit crazy but it's what we do with said crazyness that matters right?" He walks over next to the hugpile. "And that's why it's important for all of us to stick together. Even if we ruffle each other's fur sometimes."

DigoDragon
2017-04-04, 09:37 PM
He walks over next to the hugpile. "And that's why it's important for all of us to stick together. Even if we ruffle each other's fur sometimes."

"You're, uh... probably the most level one here," Dawn says with a sniffle. She wipes off another tear. "Couldn't think of anything to add about you. Other than, thanks for putting up with me." Dawn attempts to bring everyone else to the group hug.

igordragonian
2017-04-05, 12:24 AM
Nobility has released one hoof, looking at Brazen and Curtain expectingly

Theoboldi
2017-04-05, 09:43 AM
"I am a little jealous you got a neat idea with the cape going. Kinda has this Power Ponies thing going for you."

She tries to break a smile and adjust silver's cape to look straight. Sans magic this time.
"Every magician needs his cape, Dawn. It's a symbol of status. And that you're proud of your art."

Silver just about manages to explain that, before starting to cry again as he returns Dawn's hug, too moved at her little gesture of goodwill and kindness.

Silver hugs Nobility just as strongly as he does Dawn, and will keep up the favor for everyone who decides to join the group-hug.

userpay
2017-04-05, 10:42 AM
"You're, uh... probably the most level one here," Dawn says with a sniffle. She wipes off another tear. "Couldn't think of anything to add about you. Other than, thanks for putting up with me." Dawn attempts to bring everyone else to the group hug.

"When you hammer enough metal sometimes you take some of the traits of it. For better or worse." Brazen shrugs.

Brazen can't help but smile, trotting forward to join in.

DigoDragon
2017-04-05, 10:50 AM
"Every magician needs his cape, Dawn. It's a symbol of status. And that you're proud of your art."

"Symbol of status," Dawn repeats softly.

"When you hammer enough metal sometimes you take some of the traits of it. For better or worse." Brazen shrugs.

"Uh..." Well that lost the filly.

Derjuin
2017-04-05, 11:56 PM
As the group hug commenses, Melaina seemingly reluctantly wiggles her way into it, reaching her hooves and tail around your group. "You ponies aren't so bad... you know, it's been a really long time since I've had an actual hug." She looks away for a moment and sighs.

Among the intense emotions flaring back and forth between your group, each of your elements give off the faintest shimmer of light... between the anger and the forgiveness, Cutie sniffles hard, slams her eyes shut and runs off, toward the entrance of the tower. "I-I'm sorry...! I can't..." she shouts as she flees, and you hear a loud SLAM! as she presumably exits the tower.

Silently, Melaina looks to your group, slowly shaking her head and mouthing the word "Wha?"

igordragonian
2017-04-06, 12:30 AM
Nobility never felt something like that in her life before. She felt... belong. Yes, by Rarity's night princess's dress design, Nobility felt belong to bunch of dorks (and scary yet cool gorgon)!

The truth was, they were so much than simple dorks... and if to realize that Nobility's ego had to accept few very generouse kicks in it's metaphorical flank- that was worth it.

Maybe even being sent here without Spirit Paladin... he always supported her, he would never let her break apart.

But sometimes... ponies needed to be broken.

She only wished, that someday she'l be worthy of those dorks.

Nobility's ophoria was cut short by Cutie's turn for an emotional outburst.

"I..it's her element! It's reacting to our overly cheesy moment! We got to find her!"
actually, she thought that, Cutie was sent by someone... to do somethibg bad to them- but seeing that gotten cold hooves. She has exchanged a look with Silver- it seems only he shared her suspicions. She didn't wanted to voice them; Either because she didn't wabt a fruitless argue, especially when she might be hopefilly wrong about Cutie..

"Let's go!" Her wings buzzed and she started to gallop after Cutie.

DigoDragon
2017-04-06, 05:36 AM

"Yeah, we better," Dawn says simply. She reluctantly pulls herself away from the group hug and gallops aft-- Dawn slides to a halt, runs back to the library room to scoop up her doll, and then gallops after Nobility. "Nobi, wait upppp!"

userpay
2017-04-06, 11:19 AM
Confusion crosses Brazen's face as Cutie runs off. "Wha...?" He goes to wiggle his way free from the hug pile intent on figuring out what was wrong. Hooves striking the floor loudly as he gives chase.

Theoboldi
2017-04-07, 08:50 AM
"Symbol of status," Dawn repeats softly.
Once the flow of his tears has trickled down a little, Silver gives a short chuckle in response to Dawn taking his advice.

"Well, the part about having pride is a little more important. It's you who choses the cape, not the cape who choses you." He never thought he'd be this glad to be hugging Dawn and Nobility, as well as a huge snake pony.

"I..it's her element! It's reacting to our overly cheesy moment! We got to find her!"
actually, she thought that, Cutie was sent by someone... to do somethibg bad to them- but seeing that gotten cold hooves. She has exchanged a look with Silver- it seems only he shared her suspicions. She didn't wanted to voice them; Either because she didn't wabt a fruitless argue, especially when she might be hopefilly wrong about Cutie..

Initially, Silver looks after Cutie in shock when she runs away, her sudden sadness completely dragging him out of the wonderful moment that he was having, where him being a pegasus was no longer a reason to be sad.

For moment, he wonders if it's his fault that Cutie just ran away.

But then, he notices Nobility's eyes, and that knowing look inside them. And he returns that look. Though he doesn't suspect Cutie of something quite as dastardly as planning to murder him, it's still his conviction that she knows more than she lets on.

And not speaking your mind when you're keeping a horrible, painful secret.....that's a pain Silver knows.

He intensifies his hug with Dawn for one last time, before swiftly breaking loose and immediately shooting into a gallop, his wings buzzing madly to drive him forward. Yet even so, he feels like he's going too slow. Who knows how far Cutie has already gotten? Who knows how fast she is running?

He can't let her get away. No way, no how. He'd never forgive himself if he did. Silver Lining....no, Silver Lightning can not let such a thing happen. And as he runs, he leaps into the air, his wings no longer buzzing wildly, but swinging in large, powerful strokes. The first time, his hooves end up on the ground again after a second. The second time he leaps, he nearly topples over.

But the third time he leaps, swinging his wings with all the strength a young pegasus can muster, it happens. He wobbles, and falters a little bit, but finally, his hooves are no longer touching the ground.

He is flying. He is flying after Cutie Pie, and nothing is going to stop him.

DigoDragon
2017-04-07, 08:56 AM
He is flying. He is flying after Cutie Pie, and nothing is going to stop him.

"Holy cra-!" Dawn nearly trips over herself and faceplants, stumbling onto the floor. She nearly stops at the sight of it. "Whoa!!"

igordragonian
2017-04-07, 10:16 AM
Nobility tripped on her mane, rolling, and stared blinking.
"Showoff dork.' she muttered with a smils, getting uo, not even stopping to comb her mane.
She started galloping again.

"Maybe keep failing eventually leading to succes?
Nobility already eccepted the fact that her friends..
friends?
Yes.. she guessed they were..
friends...
wow...
Nobility accepted the fact her friends were better than her, at probably everything, her ego couldnt be broken more than it was- right now, she only secretly admired Silver for his succes.

Derjuin
2017-04-07, 10:13 PM
Dashing through Zebull's prison and the entry hall, Melaina is barely able to keep up with all of you as she slithers at what seems to be full speed, and you find the heavy door to the tower open wide. Just outside, Silver is the first to find the small form of Cutie Pie, sitting with her head down, sobbing heavily among the ruins of Starcutter's garden. All around her, the environment seems darker, as if her melancholy state is making the area even more depressing.

"Mommy..." she mumbles and sniffles, rubbing her face. "...brother... ugh..." Suddenly she swipes at the ground with her hooves, sending dust and dead leaves up into the air. Even with your heated approach, she doesn't look up.

Theoboldi
2017-04-08, 02:24 AM
Silver's heart is pumping with a thousand beats per second, and adrenaline rushes through his blood. But even so, he manages to stop his flight just before he impacts with Cutie, creating a small squall of air around him and her that throws even more dust and leaves into the air.

With a quiet 'thud', his hooves make contact with the ground again. And now it's time to do the one thing he isn't good at. Comforting somepony.

"Cutie..." he says quietly, unsure of where to begin. For now, he stays near her, but doesn't come close enough to touch her. I'm...sorry for bursting out like that about you.....are you going to be alright?"

DigoDragon
2017-04-08, 07:21 AM
Dashing through Zebull's prison

On a five pony open sleigh...

Dawn waves goodbye at the demon as she exits the tower and back outside. Ugh, not built... for running... The panting filly finally catches up with Cutie and everyone else that arrives before her. Unsure of what to say, Dawn opts to just give Cutie a comforting pat on the back.

igordragonian
2017-04-08, 07:02 PM
Nobility panting out of breath, even sweaty a bit.
Maybe having bomboniera as desert after each meal, wasn't the healthiest idea at the past. But back then, it was just possible-future-Nobility's problem.
But now she was possible-future-Nobility!

Nobility passed Silver, and muttered with a weary smile. "Showoff-dork" just in case he hasn't heard her earlier.

Nobility without words, hugged Cutie. Suspicions or not.. she couldn't ignore such pain. After few moments she said with soothing tone
"Hush, darling... tears would make your eyes red and swollen... you'l be a bit less fabulous that way."

Zelphas
2017-04-09, 09:59 PM
Curtain Call, having headed out to talk to Silver without realizing that he wasn't followed, just misses the group hug; he returns in time to see the Elements shimmer and get bowled over as everyone chases down Cutie Pie. I wonder if she was answering my question with that last bit...

He stops and gapes as Silver Lining flies--flies--right past him. "That's amazing,
Silver! Awesome!" he calls out, forgetting for the first time his Bard of hope persona and that they are part of a game. If only for a moment.

He runs after the others, watching as another group hug takes shape. How can I... That might work! Just a little word tweaking, and then... Curtain Call steps forward and tries to motion Melaina to play along with him once he gives her the tune. Then he begins to sing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWP_lqd_8M0) softly:

"Hey Cutie, Don't be so sad,
Take your sad song and make it better.
Remember with Hope, Breath, Light, Blood, and Heart,
Magic can start to make it better."

Without realizing it, in the midst of his singing Curtain Call begins to slowly lift off of the ground, his wings beating gently to keep him aloft.

"And any time you feel the pain, Cutie, refrain
We'll carry the world upon our shoulders.
So let it out and let us in, Cutie, we'll win,
Elysia is just around the corner.
Nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah..."

Mind for performance?: [roll0]

Derjuin
2017-04-10, 12:45 AM
When Silver asks his question, Cutie stifles her sobs for a moment, wiping away tears from her muzzle. "I-it's okay... Ah, it wasn't you, though. It was... what happened after. It just... reminded me of something... something sad." She keeps her gaze fixed on the ground and lets out a low-pitched whine. "My family."

With Dawn's hoof on her back, Cutie turns to look at your group, her eyes still teary but a smile slowly creeping up onto her muzzle. She gasps as Nobility hugs her, a hoof hovering over the pegasus's shoulder. But when Curtain starts his song and Melaina provides a background beat with her bass, she starts to sniffle once more...

"Th-thanks, everypony. I... I just... I miss my mom and dad. And my big brother..." She lets out one more sob, pawing at the ground. "I was really excited when I came here. A whole new world... weird magic, new friends... but, I miss my family, too. It feels like it's been forever since I saw them last, but... has it really been that long?" She looks up to the sky, her eyes locked on something up above. If your eyes follow hers, you can't find anything in particular to look at... there's the raking, dead branches of the trees of the Weirdweald, and the endless night sky above...

"I guess for you it feels like it's been a day or two, but my trot down the mountain... I don't know how long that took. I never really got tired or hungry, and the clouds and stars never moved. It could have been a lot longer than I thought..." Cutie takes a deep breath and pushes it back out, her breath disturbing the dead leaves and flora once again. "I... I just want to win this, so I can see them again."

DigoDragon
2017-04-10, 05:51 AM
"I'm sure we all understand the homesickness and how time is so... hard to track." Dawn glances up, flicking her tail.

"Well don't worry, we will win this game together and then we can all go home! Let's start with saving Melaina's family and Celestia."

igordragonian
2017-04-10, 05:59 AM
"Cutie..." Nobility said with a soothing tone.
"You are in luck. The best dorks of Poniville are now by your side.. and if you need a hug or a makeover, I am here as well." she said warmly.

"You see? Even Curtain Call has learned to fly" she pointed at Curtain.

DigoDragon
2017-04-10, 06:41 AM
"You are in luck. The best dorks of Poniville are now by your side.."

>.> (https://68.media.tumblr.com/acd8ac9d44d5f6f97cd24ced62d6ab14/tumblr_inline_nd4qbk1KBU1t1cdkd.gif)

"You see? Even Curtain Call has learned to fly" she pointed at Curtain.

"Yeah, that's kinda... sudden... but amazing." Dawn comments.

Theoboldi
2017-04-10, 11:00 AM
Silver gives a warm smile at seeing Curtain achieving flight as well, somehow feeling more proud about his rival becoming capable of it than himself. But only slightly.

"You're amazing too, Curtain. In the end, you never disappoint me."

Then, he quickly turns around to Cutie, leaning in for a short hug now that it seems she is okay with it. Being kind can be so hard sometimes. He wonders how Dawn does it.

"Dawn's right. We all miss our families. I.....I actually think my grandpa might be somewhere here, in Equinia, with us. He's a great and powerful wizard, but I'm so worried about him. And I know I can't leave before I've found him."

Silver hesitates for a moment, during which time he overhears Nobility calling him one of Ponyville's best dorks. He is not sure whether he should grin or frown at that, and his face ends up somewhere in-between. But then, he pushes ahead with trying to show the filly in front of him sympathy.

"What are they like, your family? You've never told us about them before." He'll bring up what he thinks about the amount of time she spent in here soon, but for now he just wants to be sure it won't crush her.

Derjuin
2017-04-12, 08:11 PM
"Yeah... yeah, let's do this!" Cutie says, standing up and a fire lighting in her eyes, the excitement returning to her body. "My family, Silver... well, it was me, and my mom, and my dad, and my brother. We sometimes had rough patches, but... other than that, we were happy. I'm... not sure I'm really ready to talk about them. L-let's just focus on winning for now, so we can all see our families again!" Cutie gives Silver a smile, her eyes closed and her cheeks puffed up.

She gives each of you a personal hug, then spins around and points a hoof toward the towering temple, her other forehoof still resting on Nobility's shoulder. "Let's find that family and free that goddess, then!"

DigoDragon
2017-04-12, 09:31 PM
"Alright then. I assume our plan is still in effect? Those going down the well will be with me, and those being the uncatchable distraction will be with Silver?"

igordragonian
2017-04-13, 12:36 AM
"If you still believe in our plan, I'll have to come too. Maybe you'l have a chance with me around, Silver Dork.' Nobility said, turning to Silver.

Theoboldi
2017-04-13, 10:22 AM
"If you still believe in our plan, I'll have to come too. Maybe you'l have a chance with me around, Silver Dork.' Nobility said, turning to Silver.

"Of course. I wouldn't be able to get the angels' attention without your shrill voice." Silver quips back at her, a cocky smile surprisingly on his face. He stretches out his wings, as if already getting ready to go.

Then, however, he holds himself back from charging into battle right away, and instead turns towards the rest of the group. "Guess it'll be me, Nobility, and Melaina then. Those angels don't stand a chance.

Curtain, Brazen....Dawn? I'm trusting you to take care of this. You've got strength, magic, and stage presence, so if this goes south it's totally your fault, understood? Show Cutie that we can do this together. And Cutie, you show us what you can do. I'm expecting nothing less than amazing from a member of this posse."

DigoDragon
2017-04-13, 10:28 AM
"I think Cutie wanted to be part of the distraction team," Dawn says. "She looks like a pretty good runner. Heck, we just saw her bolt pretty quick. Don't think angels can move that fast."

Theoboldi
2017-04-13, 10:35 AM
"Then all my conditions stay the same." Silver answers, keeping a grin on his face. "Today's the day we're gonna kick some angel flanks, after all. So we all better show our best side."

Zelphas
2017-04-13, 10:42 AM
Curtain Call floats in the air, a confused expression on his face. "Fly? I'm not..." He looks down, noticing the ground several feet below him... and abruptly drops, faceplanting into the ground. "Gah! Oww..."

Curtain Call slowly stands up, testing out his wings. He lifts up off of the ground once more, and a huge grin splits his muzzle. "Flying, heh... Whee!" The colt loops around a few times, seemingly oblivious to the whole conversation in front of him. He finally reacts when Silver Lining says his name. "Whee--what? Oh, right. Angels. The well. Right." He lands quickly, folding his wings down at his side. "Let's go free a goddess!"

igordragonian
2017-04-13, 11:42 AM
"I am quite proud at my divine diva voice. Yes indeed" Nobility has answered Silver with a raised muzzle- but more playfully than with an actual snobism.

Nobility putted hoof hanging waiting for others. . "Lets put our hooves and efforts to it!" Nobility tried to make a group hoof bump.

userpay
2017-04-13, 11:50 AM
Brazen blinks in surprise as something whoshes past him. Silver a, well, silver blur past him. When they catch up the colt can't help but give Cutie a small smile. "Ah think we're all a bit homesick. Just one more thing we're all in together for eh?"

"Those angels don't stand a chance." He says confidently.

DigoDragon
2017-04-13, 12:27 PM
Dawn joins in on the group hoof-bump. "Alright... I guess we just need to know where the well is?"

Derjuin
2017-04-18, 07:48 PM
In wandering toward the temple, you see a decorated - if burdened by years of disrepair - well sitting up on a low hill, not far from the temple's main entrance. Crumbling stones and half of a rotted wooden arch sit buried by vines and dirt at the base of the well, and from here, there don't appear to be any living creatures near the well. You can also see the entrance hall to the pagoda-esque temple to Celestia as well, and can gain a greater appreciation for the stonework involved. Bits of gold leaf cling to the patterns, sigils and diagrams drawn on every block of stone and each pillar's length, while the marble blocks that make up the stairway glitter in the faint light. The roofing, as well as the upper floors, seem to be made of a mix of metal and wood. From this angle, however, you can also see that the upper floors are crumbling and broken, and most likely won't be explorable.

The grounds of the temple are mostly devoid of trees, though there are stone sculptures and statues here and there, buried and cracked under the weight of ages. In the entry hall, you see... an eerie darkness. Something about that space gives you the feeling that no one's in there, despite all the warnings and notices about heavy angel activity.

"Anyone else feel like there's something missing from this picture...?" Cutie whispers, crouching low to the ground and pointing ahead with a hoof to the empty temple grounds. Melaina, meanwhile, slithers closer to the well, keeping herself low to the ground and covered in tree shadows, though her gaze is locked on the entrance to the temple itself. She stops when Cutie asks her question, standing(?) still for some time, looking between your group and the temple's entrance.

"Yeah... where are the angels?"

DigoDragon
2017-04-18, 08:00 PM
"Maybe they're on a break or something? Might as well take advantage of this and get inside quietly," Dawn whispers. She looks down the well. It's pretty deep isn't it?

"So... looks pretty dark. Do we have a light source or should I..?" She motions to her horn.

igordragonian
2017-04-19, 12:46 AM
"Maybe the temple is magicly disguised?"
Nobility offered her idea. Nobility hidden well her terror.

What is she even doing here? Gulp*

"Not yet, Freckle Darling, we don't want to reveal ourselves... Let's try to be silent and listen... we might find a clue or two.."
Wether the other agree or not, Nobility closing her eyes and perking her ears listening.

mind
[roll0]

Theoboldi
2017-04-19, 08:39 AM
Silver gives a quiet nod to Nobility's suggestion, somewhat creeped out by this place. Was coming here second a mistake? Well, even if they missed something terrible happening, at least he's now gotten his grudge against Dawn out of the way. Whatever troubles may be ahead in the temple, they cannot overcome the strength he gained thanks to that.

"Somehow, the angels don't seem like the 'break' kind of guys to me. See if you can hear anything."

With that, he perks up his ears, trying to pick up each and every sound he can. Perhaps he'll notice something that Nobility didn't. And even if not, his intense silence might be a benefit to her efforts.

If I can, at least. Nobility gains +2 to her task! Sadly, none of my bonuses actually apply to this check, so that's it.

If I can't act in harmony with her on this, then have my own roll!

[roll0] + 1 (Mind) = 5

DigoDragon
2017-04-19, 09:09 AM
Dawn leans into the well, trying to see if there's anything down there?

Perception [roll0] +2 mind = 10

Derjuin
2017-04-20, 03:20 AM
Dawn

Looking down into the well, you see a swath of darkness punctuated by a small bubble of bright blue light down below; it doesn't seem to be too deep, and it looks like there's a modest hole broken into the lowest wall of the well. From the light, it doesn't look like the well has any substantial amount of water left in it; the stones closer to you are bone-dry, while you are able to make out glistening on the stones down below, possibly implying that the stones are still damp. A faint rushing sound can be heard when you concentrate hard, as if there's more water flowing somewhere beyond the gap.

You don't see any debris in the light, though, except for a tattered length of coiled rope and what's probably the remains of a broken bucket.

Nobility & Silver

Growing silent and tuning your ears for any sound in the area, the most you hear is a gentle breeze whistling through distant treetops and... that's it. There's no wingbeats, no voices that you'd expect from an area filled with wing-having creatures that can talk, nor are there any tweets, chirps or buzzes from birds or bugs. The temple certainly no longer sounds like it's occupied, but you can only hear so much from where you're at.

DigoDragon
2017-04-20, 05:38 AM
"Guess we... climb down?" Dawn only now realized the physical work required on this mission. PE class was her mortal enemy.

She began climbing down the well, taking it slow, but wishing there were stairs or something.

[roll0]

igordragonian
2017-04-20, 07:23 AM
Nobility sighed . "Well, that wasn't helpful...'[/COLOR

Nobility blinked, and galloped to well boundaries.[COLOR="#DAA520"]"By Rarity's perfect curly tail! Do you even know where are you going? Freckle Dear?"
She looked at the others, still offering Dawn a foreleg in case Dawn will have a second thought "I guess, there is no point splitting up... without angels to distract?" she has asked.

Theoboldi
2017-04-20, 07:46 AM
"I guess so....if we have no idea whether anything is around, discretion's gonna be the better part of valour." Silver answers Nobility, giving a disappointed shrug. "Dang. I was really looking forward to kicking some angel flank. "

He raises a hoof, ready to climb down the well, when suddenly he remembers that he can now fly. Flapping his wings, he slowly lifts himself over the well's edge, ready to let himself slowly float down.

"Uh, anypony wanna catch a ride down to the ground?"

HINT HINT

coughNobilitycough

igordragonian
2017-04-20, 09:41 AM
"Well, I wouldn't use such vulgar words... but yes. It could have been a gloriouse encounter, worth bragging about." Nobility sympathized with Silver's disapointment, while still managing to keep snobbing- even if more humble and softer than before.

She raised her nose at Silver's offer. "Hmph. So you can fly. So what? You are such a showoff dork." she grumbled, and started climbing down herself.

[roll0]

userpay
2017-04-20, 11:24 AM
Brazen frowns as he looks about. This didn't sit well with him... But on the plus side they didn't need to split up persay anymore. "Well lets not look a gift donkey in the mouth. Lets hope that they got called away for something." The colt peers down the well a moment before starting to pick his way down.

[roll0] climb
If athletics is relevant here's the extra roll [roll1]

Zelphas
2017-04-20, 10:49 PM
Curtain Call looks at the lack of guards with no small amount of trepidation. No guards means that the way is clear, so we aren't under-leveled or anything, but I'm getting a creepy vibe. Does... does this game have u-undead? He is not too old to have outgrown a fear of ghosts, quite yet.

Curtain Call shakes his head, clearing his thoughts. "Go ahead, Silver; I'll take rearguard," he says confidently, keeping one eye on the other three ponies as they start to climb down.

Derjuin
2017-04-21, 12:30 AM
Dawn

You start to climb into the well, finding easy hoofing among the staggered bricks of the walls... the upper portion is so dry that your hooves nearly catch on the stone all by themselves. Unfortunately, as soon as you enter the darkened portion of the well, the slickness of the stone causes at first just a hoof to miss, then another, and suddenly you find yourself at the bottom of the well with a DOOF.

Thankfully, it seems the well was not very deep.

Just missed the DT. No damage taken, except perhaps to pride :smalltongue::smallwink:

Nobility & Brazen

Your efforts are a little more successful than Dawn's, though whether or not she actually fell or just jumped the rest of the way remains to be determined. You manage to catch yourselves when the stone bricks in the well's walls become slick with water and probably mold or some other gross slippery thing, and descend to the well's bottom. It's actually rather spacious, and even with Dawn and yourselves, there's quite a lot of room.

At the Bottom of the Well

Down here, you can clearly hear the hammering sound of several waterfalls echoing through the adjacent chamber, and through the gaping hole in the well's wall, you see a natural stone ramp leading away and down from your position. The ramp itself is slick with water, much as the bottom of the well is, and you feel a cool breeze coming in from the chamber.

At the same time, you hear some kind of angry shouting coming from somewhere possibly beyond the chamber, though through the echoing of the waterfalls and the distance, you can't really make out what's being said.

At the Top of the Well

Cutie looks up to Silver, her eyes big and in awe. "If you don't mind, could you carry me down? I'm afraid I'll fall if I try to climb myself," she says, stretching up to pull herself over the edge of the well to look down, her rear hooves failing to touch the ground. "I'm pretty sure I can make it down. Thanks, though, Silver," Melaina says, winding around the well's outside to tuck herself as close to the stone as possible, still keeping an eye on the temple's entrance.

"Here, you go first. I gotta pretty much jump down to make it, otherwise I'll be inching my way down and that'll take way too long. I don't trust the lack of angels here... makes me feel like there's either something going on inside, or that they caught on to us." Melaina hugs the rim of the well, looking down into it for a second before scanning the area again, then pointing down into it with a hoof while motioning to Silver, Curtain and Cutie.

igordragonian
2017-04-21, 01:20 AM
"Freckle Face!!!" Nobility yelled with horror, her instincts almost forced her to jump off after her.
But crashing herself, won't save Dawn Star.
"Freckle Face! Are you hurt? Is your mane messy?!" Nobility yelled paniced, and then gasped.
What if she has exposed them?!
Her hooves were too busy for a face hoof, so she slammed her head against the wall- turning her mane sticky and gross.
That was more than enough self punishment!
When finally getting down, she charged at Dawn. "Ae you ok, Freckle Dork?! Don't ever pull stupid stunt like this again! EVER!" she checked her, if she was injured.

DigoDragon
2017-04-21, 05:55 AM
"Ae you ok, Freckle Dork?! Don't ever pull stupid stunt like this again! EVER!" she checked her, if she was injured.

"Oww. It wasn't really a stunt... I've seen Scootaloo crash more gracefully that this. I just slipped... I'm okay though." Dawn gets up and shakes the water off her legs.

"Do you hear that? Sounds like shouting."

Theoboldi
2017-04-21, 07:19 AM
Silver rolls his eyes slightly when Dawn trips and falls, albeit in a more bemused than annoyed manner. He's hurt himself in similar circumstances often enough already, and he's genuinely glad that Dawn is showing a little bit of adventurous spirit. Really, it's Nobility's yelling that bothers him more.

"Watch your volume, Nobi. And for the last time, I am not a showoff!" he says to her as she descends the well to her dear 'Freckle Face', not sounding too worried about the unicorn.

Afterwards, he turns to Curtain, giving him an affirmative nod. "Gotcha." Then, he notices Cutie Pie looking up at him with huge, adorable eyes, her legs hanging precariously in the air.

Quickly, he delves down, wrapping his hooves around her to stop her before she falls. "H-Hey! Watch it! I don't want anypony actually hurting themselves on some stupid well." As he flaps his wings to slowly float down the hole together with Cutie, he adds with a slight, but noticeable blush. "A-And stop being so cutesy. The angels won't take us seriously if we try and kick their flanks like that." Once at the bottom, he gently puts her down, before giving Dawn a cursory examination for injuries. Once he's sure she's okay, he gives her a short, sympathetic smile that says 'yeah, I know what it's like' more than enough.

igordragonian
2017-04-21, 07:44 AM
"No. You aren't ok. And neither am I- we are filthy! Why doesnt anypony clean this hole? Are the angels so selfish?" Nobility whined to Dawn.

"You can't scold others for being loud- Show-Off-Dork!" Nobility barked at Silver
she took a deep breath.
"Seriously. This isn't a place for gentle fillies like us!" she muttered and went to check Cutie's mane.

DigoDragon
2017-04-21, 08:40 AM
"It's okay, Nobility. We can get a couple nice warm baths after we rescue the prisoners here," Dawn assured her.

Zelphas
2017-04-21, 09:23 AM
"Dawn!" Curtain Call calls out as he sees her falls, just restraining himself from jumping into the well when he sees she's all right. Instead, he turns to Princess Melaina and nods. "Something has changed since the last time you were here, it seems; we need to be prepared for almost anything." After saying that, he steps off the edge of the well, slowly floating down to join the other ponies below.

DigoDragon
2017-04-21, 09:49 AM
"It's alright everyone, I'm okay. Just a little... ego-bruised, I guess..." Dawn rubs the spot on her hip where she landed, feeling a little embarrassed. >.>

igordragonian
2017-04-21, 10:12 AM
Nobility took a deep breath, to stop her diva tantrum. It wasn't easy, but to become a hero she was bound to make sacfrices.
"I guess we will have to survive until then"

Theoboldi
2017-04-21, 10:19 AM
"Are we gonna dunk Dawn into the water again?" Silver asks in an attempt to break the tension.

Then, he gives Dawn a short pat on the back, as he waits for Brazen and Melaina to follow them into the tunnel.

"Don't worry about it. Bruises can do what they want, but in the end they'll just make you stronger. And then you'll show those bruises they shouldn't have messed with you in the first place!

....Or it just works out better the next time around. But still."

Derjuin
2017-04-22, 01:34 AM
"Being cutesy is great, though. Nobody takes you seriously, so it's a total surprise when you do get serious!" Cutie says, sticking out her tongue to Silver. As soon as she's at the bottom, she looks up, squeaks, and dashes toward the opening, motioning to follow suit.

"Look out below~!" You hear from above, and a grunt of heavy effort later, a huge gorgon falls with such a lack of grace that you'd be surprised if she wasn't hurt. After she slams into the well's bottom, Melaina immediately sets to slithering toward the crack in the wall, slipping through it with ease. "We should be quick down here," she says, looking around once she's passed the crumbling hole, her body bathed in a bright, pale blue light. "There are angels and monsters down here, guarding whatever prisony thing is at the bottom or whatever. If you hear a voice telling you to 'protect the ark' and 'abandon your friends and/or sisters', ignore it. I know that sounds like an obvious thing, but I mean, it's probably magical, too, so... y'know, just in case." For possibly the first time, Melaina looks over your party with a hint of worry in her eyes. "Once we actually get INTO the prison room, the voice kinda stops. So maybe if we beeline for that... "

"Maybe breaking the prison will stop the voice. After that, it should be easy-peasy to find my sisters."

Those of you that follow Melaina immediately into the next chamber find that beyond the well is like the meeting of some kind of underground river; the stone ramp ahead is slick, and on your left side, water trickles down the walls in small rippling waterfalls, growing into a larger and more coherent stream ahead; as the chamber lengthens and then turns to the right, the water looks like it hugs the leftmost side of the room, turning to rapids as the chasm-like room continues to dig deeper into the ground.

"I'm not sure what we'll find ahead, but I do know the path. Hopefully the angels aren't all congregating in the temple's basement - that'd pretty much wreck our chances of getting to the prison-thing easily."

DigoDragon
2017-04-22, 06:54 AM
Dawn tries to keep up with Melaina as they delve into this temple. "Ignore the voices in my head. Can do."

Theoboldi
2017-04-22, 07:09 AM
Silver seems to blush even more when Cutie sticks out her tongue at him, and quickly averts his gaze from hers. After all, even when he's joking around, he's a very serious pony. He doesn't want to be associated with being quite that silly.

Even so, he himself gives a short yelp of surprise when Melaina comes falling down the well, and quickly rushes into the tunnel.

Soon, he follows behind the gorgon, listening intently to every word she says. His eyes are scanning his surroundings, and all around he is very much on edge. While he is something of an adventurous young colt, this is still far beyond anything he's ever done before.

"Hey, Melaina?" he suddenly speaks up, stopping his trot for a moment. "I get the feeling this might be the last chance we get, so....are you sure you want to come with us in there? You don't need to risk losing your mind to those voices for us."

DigoDragon
2017-04-22, 07:20 AM
"Hey, Melaina?" he suddenly speaks up, stopping his trot for a moment. "I get the feeling this might be the last chance we get, so....are you sure you want to come with us in there? You don't need to risk losing your mind to those voices for us."

"Family, dude. She wants to save hers despite knowing the obvious danger," Dawn says. "It's like... Um... oh, like when you followed her spell that made the green eyes in woods? Obviously a trap, but you went for it anyway, and it ended up turning out for the better! Why did you go for it, though?"

Theoboldi
2017-04-22, 09:07 AM
"Family, dude. She wants to save hers despite knowing the obvious danger," Dawn says. "It's like... Um... oh, like when you followed her spell that made the green eyes in woods? Obviously a trap, but you went for it anyway, and it ended up turning out for the better! Why did you go for it, though?"

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/3/39/FANMADE-Scootaloo_Squee.gif/revision/latest?cb=20140222173200
http://pinkie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw1895-101286_-_animated_grin_pinkie_pie_smile_squee.gif
http://pinkie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw10492-1360442091122.gif

It's finally happening!

Silver seems somewhat confused by the question at first, but quickly gives a short shrug, as if his answer was the most self-evident thing in the world.

"Because they were calling for my help, and nopony else would have answered their call. Some things, a pony's just gotta do. Even if there's a safer option.

Besides, if Melaina had used the opportunity to ambush us, I'd have beat her up and driven her away for trying to lure innocent ponies into danger. Either way, following the eyes was the right call."

He looks up at the Gorgon, trying to judge her reaction. "I won't object if you come along with us despite the danger. But you can leave this up to us, if the voices ever grow too strong."

DigoDragon
2017-04-22, 09:17 AM
"Because they were calling for my help, and nopony else would have answered their call. Some things, a pony's just gotta do. Even if there's a safer option.

Besides, if Melaina had used the opportunity to ambush us, I'd have beat her up and driven her away for trying to lure innocent ponies into danger. Either way, following the eyes was the right call."

Dawn looks at Silver, then up to Melaina, then back to Silver. "Pretty sure she'd kick your flank... but, guess you're right about the first part. I mean, I probably wouldn't have followed the eyes if it were up to me. I'm not much of an adventurous pony. Not much of anything notable. Sigh, bet my parents would love you. You're so sure of your actions and stuff. I'm... not so much."

Theoboldi
2017-04-22, 10:01 AM
Dawn looks at Silver, then up to Melaina, then back to Silver. "Pretty sure she'd kick your flank... but, guess you're right about the first part. I mean, I probably wouldn't have followed the eyes if it were up to me. I'm not much of an adventurous pony. Not much of anything notable. Sigh, bet my parents would love you. You're so sure of your actions and stuff. I'm... not so much."

"What's that supposed to-" Silver scrunches up his face, barely holding himself back from getting mad. Instead, he focuses on the latter part of what she says.

"Well, it's not like it always turns out well for me. Sometimes, I do get myself hurt trying to do something. And sometimes, I get so caught up in trying to follow my own path, that I miss another, better way.

Maybe you're not as determined as me. But you're way better at keeping a cool head. And you tend to see all the things that I miss, cause I just don't keep my eyes open enough. Like that book you found in the library. And the things your doll said.

...I'm glad to have you with us, you know."

DigoDragon
2017-04-22, 10:54 AM
"Well I suppose I'd trade you some of my perception for your can-do attitude. Maybe I wouldn't get picked last for dodgeball."

"Ugh, I hate that game."

igordragonian
2017-04-22, 03:42 PM
Nobility made a strange expression, seeing the interaction between Silver to Cutie. She just "Humph"ed to herself.

She perked her ear at Melania's explantions. She still felt akward speaking to her, after trying to bully her. But still. "WHAT is the ark?" After her answer, she trotted quitly fighting her urge to whine.

"Pff. Freckle Dork, Dodgeball is such uncouth sport. You are too good for such gamw I just play it, to see ponies like Showoff Dork getting hit in the face' she paused.
"Though, his Showoff attitude, might be sometimes... inspiring." Nobility looked at Silver with a slight smile. Only slight!
She didn't said, that she would trade her "Un-skillity' for anything they had.

DigoDragon
2017-04-22, 04:49 PM
"Well it's P.E. class, I can't like... just NOT participate and get a failing grade."

igordragonian
2017-04-22, 04:52 PM
"Yeah... but just next time join me, and Snobby Snout.' Nobility grinned evilly.
"We will turn all the losers into a sobbing mess of "pride liquid!" half hugged Dawn enthusiastically.

Theoboldi
2017-04-22, 05:19 PM
"Though, his Showoff attitude, might be sometimes... inspiring." Nobility looked at Silver with a slight smile. Only slight!
She didn't said, that she would trade her "Un-skillity' for anything they had.

Silver doesn't seem to have noticed Nobility's annoyance at him holding Cutie. Instead, he actually warmly returns Nobility's smile. "Thanks. You're also a little inspiring yourself, sometimes."

With a challenging grin, he adds "Of course, if you're looking for an enemy at dodgeball, you are totally on! I'm gonna throw that ball at Dawn until she can dodge it without even looking!" There is a genuine, friendly enthusiasm to his voice. "Give how perceptive she is, I wouldn't be surprised if she could pull off some blind-folded kung fu stuff!"

igordragonian
2017-04-22, 05:55 PM
Silver doesn't seem to have noticed Nobility's annoyance at him holding Cutie. Instead, he actually warmly returns Nobility's smile. "Thanks. You're also a little inspiring yourself, sometimes."

With a challenging grin, he adds "Of course, if you're looking for an enemy at dodgeball, you are totally on! I'm gonna throw that ball at Dawn until she can dodge it without even looking!" There is a genuine, friendly enthusiasm to his voice. "Give how perceptive she is, I wouldn't be surprised if she could pull off some blind-folded kung fu stuff!"

"Pff. Like I'll let her get hit! I'll send Snobby Snout to get the hit instead of us like usual.' Nobility waved Silver off, as if he wasn't a threat.
"But. Yes. She might make it even easier to humiliate you.'

DigoDragon
2017-04-22, 06:58 PM
"Guys, it's fine. We gotta worry about Dodge Angel really."

Zelphas
2017-04-22, 10:29 PM
Curtain Call barely hears what Melaina says; he is too busy staring at Cutie Pie with narrowed eyes. That was some heavy foreshadowing, for this game; I could practically hear the omi-omin--the scary strings. He looks at her for a moment longer, then shakes his head. There isn't much we can do now, I guess, and Dawn and N-Nobility will never listen to me anyways.

Curtain Call flinches every time someone says "dodgeball", bad memories rolling through his mind. "W-What are we waiting for? Let's go do what we're supposed to do!" he says loudly, diving through the crack after Melaina.

DigoDragon
2017-04-23, 07:00 AM
Curtain Call flinches every time someone says "dodgeball", bad memories rolling through his mind.

"You hate that game too?" Dawn asks.

Theoboldi
2017-04-23, 07:25 AM
"Pff. Like I'll let her get hit! I'll send Snobby Snout to get the hit instead of us like usual.' Nobility waved Silver off, as if he wasn't a threat.
"But. Yes. She might make it even easier to humiliate you.'

"Humiliate me? Hah!" Silver answers her, stepping around Nobility to look her in the eyes. "Let's see you try. You've got only one Snobby Snout, and I've got all of Silver Lining! Not to mention the teammates I'll pick up....Dawn is going to learn to dodge by the end of that game! Nopony is going to get in my way of ensuring that!"

igordragonian
2017-04-23, 07:28 AM
"Pff. Freckle-Dork, youare only saying that, because you never played with ME. Curtain-Dork, simply still remember our last game. Give it a chance, you'l learn how fun it is, smash balls into dorks's faces!" Nobikity patted her back, somewhat in patronic way.

She glared at Silver's eyes.
"When, it come for wiping smiles from ponies's faces, I am the best! I should be the Princess Of Dodgeball! A mere mortal like you, doesn't stand a chance Show-off-Dork!" Nobility bragged, raising her nose with fired up smile.

Theoboldi
2017-04-23, 08:59 AM
She glared at Silver's eyes.
"When, it come for wiping smiles from ponies's faces, I am the best! I should be the Princess Of Dodgeball! A mere mortal like you, doesn't stand a chance Show-off-Dork!" Nobility bragged, raising her nose with fired up smile.

Silver seems to almost entirely have forgotten where he is right now, along with the fact that he was talking to Melaina. "I am no mere mortal! Who the heck do you think I am? I am the greatest magician in all of Ponyville! Bring it on, Princess of Dodgeball! Defying the odds and soaring face first into danger is how I live my life!

That's the strength ponies have! With our determination alone, we can achieve anything! The impossible is no obstacle for us!" It is at this point that Silver notices that probably at least a few of the others are staring at him, probably in non-flattering ways.

"Uh, oops. I didn't mean to start another speech about determination. Melaina, uh, my earlier question still stands."

Derjuin
2017-04-23, 03:30 PM
"Yeah, I'll be fine. My biggest concern is for the angels or monsters we come across that fell for it." As Melaina answers Silver, your group rounds the bend in the cavern and come to a huge wall, perforated by a vertical crack in the wall. The stones at the bottom of the wall are rounded as the water cascading down along the left side of the chamber flows over it, puddling in the depths of the crack and seeping into the wall on your right.

"This crack takes us inside one of the temple's storage rooms, and from there we just have to cross a few hallways and get through the relic room. After that, there's another part where the temple opens up to this weird chasm thing, like the one we're in now, and the prison-ark-whatever's at the bottom of that." Melaina says, pointing at Nobility. "The ark I guess is the actual prison or seal or whatever on the thing that's sealed up. While I don't really care what's in it, I'm kinda curious what it is that a bunch of fillies and colts could be after that's this dangerous."

Through the crack, you see the gentle aura of light, possibly coming from a candle or lantern, and more refined stone shapes like bricks and squares, as well as scattered pieces of metal - possibly from armor or weapons - that shimmer dimly in the light.

DigoDragon
2017-04-23, 03:45 PM
Dawn forges ahead into the storage room. She looks around at what kind of things that are down here, specifically if maybe there is something they can use to help defend themselves from Angels if a fight happens?

Browsing stuff [roll0]+2 = 12

igordragonian
2017-04-23, 05:12 PM
Nobility brag dual with Silver will have to wait for later.
But once again, she felt very aware of her body and mane which were from photogenic status.
She nodded thankfully for Melania's question.
"Maybe we could something usable in this trash.' she said, browsing with Dawn

OOC:
Harmony+Wing Pony
+2

Theoboldi
2017-04-23, 05:23 PM
"The ark I guess is the actual prison or seal or whatever on the thing that's sealed up. While I don't really care what's in it, I'm kinda curious what it is that a bunch of fillies and colts could be after that's this dangerous."

"Honestly," Silver answers, glancing through the crack "I'm not sure either. We've only got somepony else's word to go after. And that's not worth much in this world. But given the angels' track record of imprisoning the wrong people....well, I'm willing to believe we're doing the right thing. It could also be another glass monster, though."

With that, he rushes after Dawn and Nobility, ready to help them sift through the metal. "Dibs on the armor! Brazen gets the first piece, and I get the second one!"

Acting in Harmony for another +1.

userpay
2017-04-23, 09:52 PM
Brazen can't help but grin as they settle into a discussion about dodgeball of all things. "Ah wasn't to good at dodging nothing but... I've popped more than a few balls tossing them. I'm glad those ones didn't hit anypony..." With a shrug Brazen follows the others.

The glimpse of possible armor and weapons perks Brazen's ears up and the colt skittering forward. Though once through the hole common sense takes hold and he looks around for signs of enemies.

Spot for baddies. Mind?
[roll0]

Zelphas
2017-04-25, 05:02 PM
"Yeah, I remember the last game," Curtain Call mutters darkly under his breath. "And the bruises from it..." He pushes halfheartedly at the bits of metal in the storage room, looking for something worth picking up.

Acting in Harmony as well, for another +1.

igordragonian
2017-04-25, 05:24 PM
"Well, it wasn't THAT bad. Now was it?" Nobility has asked with a hint of guilt.

Derjuin
2017-04-26, 04:49 PM
Upon entering the room, you notice that it is devoid of living beings with the exception of yourselves and possibly the moss that's grown on the floor and in the cracks between the stones where water has seeped in from the crevasse behind you (if moss can be considered a living being). Around you, you find tall urns depicting symbols of the sun and moon in tandem with each other, as well as large crates, some of which are rotted and broken, while others are in pristine condition, though they look sealed. Strewn about on the floor, you find scraps of metal, occasionally with a fastener or piece of cloth attached, indicating that these once belonged to either armor or decorative pieces.

Among the debris, however, you are able to find a piece of flank armor that might still be able to attach to someone's rump with a little finagling, a metal gorget meant for quite a large pony - perhaps even Big Macintosh-sized - as well as a helmet with a single, tattered-up reddish-orange plume sticking from its crest, and a broken, golden-colored sword, its blade cleanly cut about a foot from its hilt.

While you don't see any baddies, you do happen to notice that the flank armor and helmet found by your friends looks very much like that worn by royal guardsponies back in Equestria. Its composition looks like bronze, or perhaps discolored iron; either way, it looks authentic and definitely usable still.

The sword, unfortunately, appears to be actually made of gold.

Also among the debris you find tatters of cloth, strings of cracked prayer beads, and several heavily tarnished sun-shaped medallions.

Along the walls, a sun symbol is painted on each wall, one of them interrupted by a heavy-looking wooden door still in good shape. On just the other side of the door, you hear overly loud talking...

"...we going to do?"

"Nothing. We'll wait for further orders from Metatrot."

"We can't just sit here. The monsters-"

"-are only interested in protecting the Ark. The same reason we're here. You saw how they turned back once Arael fell. They'll fight us just like they'll fight anyone away."

"You speak so casually of her death."

"Because I know she was wasting time and energy with this assignment."

"But you'd entrust the Ark to the unclean filth?"

"No. That's why I am still here. Metatrot's orders were to protect the Ark and keep the ponies away. We don't need to cleanse this place of the monsters, or the magic down below, nor do we even need to go near the Ark. So long as we keep the temple secure, then the Ark is secure."

"So... then what about-"

"He is another story altogether. Were it our mission, I would stop at nothing to try and save him, but he is lost to us for now."

"What would Metatrot say to that?"

"That we are following our duty. Mastema is too dangerous to approach right now, with our numbers diminished by Arael's failed crusade. We must focus on our orders."

The voices fade for a moment, and you hear the sound of metal scraping on stone.

"We should get back to the reliquary, then."

After that, the sounds outside the door fade to nothingness.

DigoDragon
2017-04-26, 05:29 PM
Dawn goes over to the door to listen. After the voices fade out, she gulps down. "Well, guess they aren't on break anymore," she whispers.

igordragonian
2017-04-26, 06:04 PM
Nobility trying to rub the helmet enough to see her reflection and fix her mane.
'No. I guess not... but maybe... we could surprise attack them- it seems, there are not so many of them anymore.'

userpay
2017-04-26, 07:46 PM
"But they mentioned monsters... Means we might have something just as bad if not worse to deal with if they could take on the angels." Brazen's attention however is on the flank armor. The design feels familiar as he picks it up and fiddles to see if he can get it to useable condition.

DigoDragon
2017-04-26, 07:55 PM
"they said something about the monsters protecting the ark, but like... as if they aren't doing it willingly?"

igordragonian
2017-04-27, 12:25 AM
"It doesn't matter, Brazen dork and Freckle Dork. The Princess Of Rock is on our side- she will just turn everypony who stand in our way to rock.' Nobility wishpered with somewhat evil grin.

Theoboldi
2017-04-27, 01:50 AM
With a flick of his hoof, Silver chucks the broken sword into the air, catching it with his wings. "It's no throwing knife.....but it'll do." For now, he binds it to his body with some of the old fasteners and cloth, glad to have the tool at his side.

He looks the room over, trying to see if there are any other exits beyond the one they came in from and the door behind which they angels were audible.

"Let's try and avoid any attention, for now. I get the feeling those monsters might have something to do with Melaina's family, and I don't want to risk them getting hurt. Not to mention that I have no idea what 'magic' they are talking about.

Melaina, do you know who this Mastema is?"

igordragonian
2017-04-27, 01:58 AM
,She could turn them back, after we save the world. I just said it, that it's not a big deal if we will meet somepony on our way
She now turned to fix Dawn's mane

Theoboldi
2017-04-27, 02:00 AM
"Hey, I think so as well." Silver adds with a smile. "Let's just be careful for now, alright?"

igordragonian
2017-04-27, 02:18 AM
'Fine. Battles messing with my mane, anyway.' Nobility agreed, she looked at the gorget
'Hey! Melania! Why won't you try this gorget? It would majestic on you!'

DigoDragon
2017-04-27, 05:46 AM
She now turned to fix Dawn's mane

Dawn held still for Nobility.

"Melaina said that there's some kind of voice or... charm down there that beckons her inside. Maybe that's what they were talking about. Some monsters got ensnared by that 'trap' and are down there watching this... ark thing."

Theoboldi
2017-04-27, 05:58 AM
"Weird. I thought that charm was created by the angels. But they were talking as if that magic was completely out of their control.

Seems like those ensnared monsters might be Melaina's sisters, though."

DigoDragon
2017-04-27, 07:03 AM
"Possible the charm was here before the angels, since this isn't their temple," Dawn says.

Theoboldi
2017-04-27, 07:16 AM
"Come to think of it, I think Melaina was the first one to mention that charm to us. And we know that the ark was not created by the angels themselves. Lu-...well, you know- mentioned that much.

Hmm....maybe it wasn't the angels who imprisoned her."

Silver crosses his hooves and shakes his head, this whole situation becoming too complicated again. "I do wonder what's really going on here."

DigoDragon
2017-04-27, 07:21 AM
"Well, we could open the door and go find out," Dawn suggests. Her horn glows slightly to indicate she could pull it open magically.

igordragonian
2017-04-27, 09:08 AM
"Wait! Freckle Face!" Nobility hissed and muttered.
"At least let me tie your mane!" she wishpered tieing Dawn's mane into pair of pony tails.
"Now, do your thing"

Zelphas
2017-04-27, 10:40 AM
Curtain Call fashions a small bag with a few of the tattered cloths, filling the bag with several of the tarnished sun coins. These might be useful later, for bluffing about money if for nothing else.

He joins the group at the door, securing the coin bag under one wing. "Well, we can't find out anything until we get to the ark," he reasons, completely in game-mode. "Hopefully, the cutscene there will tell us--er, I-I mean, whoever's there will know more."

DigoDragon
2017-04-27, 10:51 AM
"Hopefully, the cutscene there will tell us--er, I-I mean, whoever's there will know more."

"Sigh. Half a day, Curtain. You were so close..." Dawn whispers. She users her magic to pull the door open quietly. Or attempt it at least.

Quiet Magic Pull~ [roll0]+2?

Theoboldi
2017-04-27, 10:53 AM
"Wait! Freckle Face!" Nobility hissed and muttered.
"At least let me tie your mane!" she wishpered tieing Dawn's mane into pair of pony tails.
"Now, do your thing"

Silver silently, but immensely approves of Nobility's choice of hairstyle.

userpay
2017-04-27, 11:46 AM
Brazen afixes the armor as best he can before lining up with the others.

Derjuin
2017-04-28, 09:03 PM
The door opens with a long and low creak, an ancient oaken creak of a door well worn and its hinges long without maintenance. Thankfully, such a sound does not seem to have alerted anyone, as even after opening it, you feel alone in the temple. "There aren't a whole lot of other monsters that can say they infiltrated the temple, heard the voice and escaped." Melaina whispers, poking her head through above your own. "Or ponies, I guess. Whoever sent you here might not have known about the voice."

The door opens to a long hallway, which stretches to your left and right; to the left, there are more doors of similar shape, size and make to the one you just opened. To the right, the hallway makes a sharp turn to the right, and a faint, warm glow shimmers around it. The walls of the hallway are lined with paintings of a pair of alicorns, one with the sun behind her head and another encompassed by the moon, standing before rows and rows of ponies. The paintings repeat every other wall panel, but the walls closer to the corner to the right eventually are only painted with scenes of the sun-crested alicorn.

"Did anyone get which way they went? Is there another way to get to the Ark without going through the rel... rely... rel-uh-wary?" Cutie asks, looking up to Melaina.

DigoDragon
2017-04-28, 09:18 PM
"I... wasn't really paying attention to direction," Dawn whispers. Hmm, the nice paintings probably lead to more visible places in the temple that ponies would commonly go. A dark dungeon prison? Probably in the other direction?

Dawn is going to turn toward the darker hall, passing the doors.

Theoboldi
2017-04-29, 02:34 AM
Silver holds back Dawn for a moment, not wanting her to go first. "Let me lead the way. I know how to be stealthy." Should no one protests, he'll then proceed to lead everyone else down the hall, stopping to listen at the doors as he does.

I'm assuming my stage magician training applies on this one. Gotta know how to subtly get on and off the stage when necessary, after all.

[roll0] + 1 Body + 1 Job Training = 9 Total

DigoDragon
2017-04-29, 06:12 AM
Dawn doesn't protest, she lets Silver take the lead.

userpay
2017-04-29, 10:00 AM
Brazen tries to give the flank armor a quick polish with his fetlocks as the others open the door. Though that only lasts a few moments before he's raring to go forward. As much as he wanted to take the lead the colt was perhaps the least stealthy of the bunch...

Zelphas
2017-04-29, 10:54 AM
Curtain Call, deep in thought about the 'dungeon', lets Silver take the lead as well. Good idea,
going off the main path; there's a chance that we won't be able to come back to this dungeon after clearing it, so we need to explore everywhere right away.

igordragonian
2017-04-29, 03:30 PM
Nobility let Silver to lead the way- she on the other hoof, tried to find a little sharp rock, and mark the walls, they were passing.

Derjuin
2017-05-01, 01:42 AM
As you head down the darker of the two tunnels, you pass by several doors, most of which are locked or sealed. Placing an ear to them reveals little to no sounds within them; the most you hear out of one is dripping, or the occasional chirp or squeak of possibly a rodent. The only smell wafting through the hallway is that of mold, must and that iron smell unfiltered underground water sometimes has.

Continuing down the hall, you hear the unmistakable sound of a waterfall getting closer. The weird watery-iron smell intensifies as you explore as well, almost eclipsing the smell of the must. The hallway ahead grows darker and darker, until it turns to the right; but after that, there doesn't seem to be any light at all. On the floor beneath your hooves, you notice now an array of scratches in the stone, some deep and others barely more than a fine white line.

"But, uh, Silver... about Mastema, yeah, he's a real piece of work. Used to be one of the scariest angels you've ever seen, until everyone thought he, well, died. The kind of angel you tell kids about to scare them into going to bed on time." Melaina takes a deep breath and shudders, her pace considerably slowing. "I'm totally not, like, absolutely terrified of him or anything. Last time my sisters and I came in here, we didn't even see any signs that he could have possibly been here. But... by the time we found the Ark, Ophelia and Meliora snapped, and my mind went straight to 'get the heck out of Dodge'. If I saw Mastema here I probably wouldn't have made it out."

"As for getting to it, there's probably some back way through caves, but I don't know of any of them. Passing through the big gold store-room is the fastest way," she says, looking to Cutie.

Theoboldi
2017-05-01, 04:06 AM
Silver stops suddenly, raising a wing to signal to the others to do the same. He takes a moment to observe the scratches, before staring into the darkness ahead.

"You know, I'm getting the feeling that Mastema or something equally nasty is down this path. How about we take the other path through the reliquary?"

igordragonian
2017-05-01, 04:48 AM
Nobility nodded. "This Matsema sound like a danger to Freckle's pony tails... but... wouldn't it be to hopeful to assume that the gold-store room is unguarded?'

Theoboldi
2017-05-01, 05:12 AM
"Yeah. It's probably guarded. But I'd rather take my chances with a couple of angels than with the worst of them or whatever else might be done this path."

Silver takes another, curious glance at the scratches. He thinks back to his talk with Luna, and what she said about a changeling ally of hers. He tries to see if the scratches follow any kind of pattern or form some kind of symbol.

DigoDragon
2017-05-01, 06:44 AM
"Come now, Silver, this must be the right way to go," Dawn whispers. "The other way we know will have angels we gotta get past. Here, it could be only our imaginations to deal with."

Theoboldi
2017-05-01, 06:51 AM
Silver sheepishly avoids Dawn's gaze for a moment, before admitting

"I wanna beat up some angels, though..."

igordragonian
2017-05-01, 07:38 AM
Nobility has rolled eyes with a sigh.
"You really are a show-off-dork. Aren't you? Aren't thiwves supposed to preffer stealth and like all that?" she has asked, half jokingly.
"Mmmm... beside, Lady Melania, told us to ignore the coices.. they might mess up with our heads- maybe, we should consider possibility, that, those voices just like shepard dogs would push us toward the angels. I'm afraid, Freckle-dork is right, Silver-dork. Unless, you have more valid proves why should we avoid this way?"" she voiced calmly her opinion, hope it won't turn into a loud argue.

Theoboldi
2017-05-01, 07:48 AM
"Well....Fine. But let's be careful." He gives one last glance at the scratches, trying again to determine whether there is some purpose to them. "We know that there are angels the other way, but we have no idea what could have made these marks."

[roll0] + 1 Mind = 10

I'm getting the awful feeling this roll might have been wasted. :smallfrown:

igordragonian
2017-05-01, 09:15 AM
Nobility blinked. She will probably never for Silver agreeing with her.

She felt a shiverm lookinv at the acratches.
"Oh dear... this is disturbing indeed!" she tried to study it as well.

out: If possible, Harmony and Wing Pony+2.

if not, mind [roll0]

userpay
2017-05-01, 10:36 AM
As they come to a stop Brazen looks down at the scratches as they're pointed out. "Well thats the thing. Go with angels that we know are going to be a piece of work or take our chances that the critters we run into might not be as bad as the angels. They probably will be worse..."

OOC: Acting in harmony

Theoboldi
2017-05-02, 11:16 AM
Silver exchanges a quick, exasperated glance with Brazen.

"I'd bet on it. If the angels don't patrol down here, there's probably a reason for it. Sure, that reason might be that there's no way to the arc here, but I don't think we're ever that lucky."

Derjuin
2017-05-03, 11:24 AM
Silver

As you stare into the darkness ahead, you almost feel as if something is staring back at you... and for a moment, you catch the barest glimpse of something moving.

Everypony

From studying the scratches, you determine that some of them are in close proximity to each other and form parallel lines, probably indicating that something with very sharp claws has made these marks. Occasionally their is a deeper gash all by its lonesome, which could be from a weapon of some kind. However, there are hundreds of such possible claw marks, and they go every which way.

Out ahead of you, the darkness seems like it has intensified, as the ambient shadows have been replaced with an inky blackness that seems to creep around the corner and cling to all manner of things.

"Did they like, extinguish ALL the lights over this way? Wow, that's dark." Melaina says, halting her movement altogether.

"It's not your ordinary every day darkness, that's for sure," Cutie says, taking a step up to Silver's side. "It's like... advanced darkness."

Theoboldi
2017-05-03, 12:12 PM
'dat reference, tho.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-09/3/14/campaign_images/webdr13/the-hardest-spongebob-face-quiz-youll-ever-take-2-22556-1441304801-1_dblbig.jpg

Silver, just like Melaina, stops his movements suddenly, and raises a hoof to hold back the others behind him as well. Almost subconsciously, he manoeuvres himself in front of Cutie, his protective instincts setting in.

"There's something ahead of us." he whispers. "....Dawn, I'm going to count to three. If you're still willing to go down this path, create the biggest flash of light you can when I finish. Everypony else, get ready to pounce. If there's no light, we're going to retreat."

DigoDragon
2017-05-03, 12:13 PM
Dawn squints at the dark abyss in front of her. "I can't see anything. A light might help, but if there's something..." Her ears then perk up straight. "Oh, duh, Heir of Light! Of course I can do something!"

The filly jumps forward to the front of the group and points her horn at the dark abyss beyond their sight. "I command you to let. Us. Pass!"

Spellcasting: [roll0] +2 Mind = 8 vs. DT 5
(Cost 5 - Blaster Caster [roll1], paying in Willpower)

Light
Target: Individual
Range: Contact
Duration: Sustained
Effect: Forge
Subject: Light
Spell Level: 6 (Easy, DT 5)
Description: The caster’s horn lights up with a small, but bright, light to illuminate his path.

igordragonian
2017-05-03, 01:12 PM
Nobility greeted her teeth, holding a panicked weep from the darkness.
'Nah. I'v seen more darkness, when Derpy was in charge of the lights of Poniville.' she said, trying to sound fearless. She bent her body prepared to pounce.

userpay
2017-05-03, 01:51 PM
Brazen grunts, maneuvering so that he is towards the front and has a clear path to whatever is ahead of them. "I suppose the darkness has found us..."

Zelphas
2017-05-03, 01:54 PM
Curtain Call makes sure to shield his eyes from Dawn Star with one wing, looking eagerly into the darkness. Boss battle, here we come!

Derjuin
2017-05-03, 09:05 PM
As Dawn's spell goes off, a blinding sphere of light erupts from her horn and showers the area in illumination, and you hear a hideous hissing further along the hall as the darkness recedes. Cutie screeches loudly, and suddenly jumps to the back of the group.

As your eyes adjust to the sudden brightness, you see a hideous being lurch toward you, looking like some kind of twisted shadow of about Melaina's form. Its body is solid black except for its face and part of its mane, which reveals what would probably have been a kind visage if not for the red sheen over its eyes. The blackness of its body seems to absorb light, but at the same time it shifts as if a liquid; occasionally, holes in its body form and then close.

"Ophelia!" Melaina gasps, whipping her tail around and pushing herself forward, as if to engage her sister.

"Join us, sister! Abandon these whelps," The twisted form reaches out with a leg, and the shadows surge off of it for a moment to swat at the hallway's wall, leaving a black line along it. "This is greater than Mother ever could have been. Greater than these foals could ever be." Suddenly, you hear a whisper in your mind... as if a voice had slithered from the deepest reaches of your consciousness, to suddenly manifest within you.

"In the depths of darkness, even light may die... yet in my throes, there is life eternal..."

"In the end the hero will be alone... join with us in the darkness, at my side..."

"They will turn against you... their wills are weak..."

"Give in to your fear... let my darkness guide you..."

"Hope is an illusion... abandon your delusions, and give yourself unto the darkness..."

"I've heard this spiel before, and you're NOT my sister! Give her up, you rotten sack of shadowy... whatever!" Melaina shouts, but for some reason her voice is muffled to your ears.

Cinematic is a go!

You don't need to roll against the whispers, and Ophelia isn't presenting an immediate threat to you with her actions, but Melaina and she are looking like they're about to get into it.

DigoDragon
2017-05-03, 09:33 PM
The black inque-like monster is pretty scary. Dawn holds her ground, even though she can feel a leg tremble slightly with fear. The filly ignores the voice, drowns it out by reassuring herself that she can keep the light going. She's the heir! This is totally her thing, isn't it?

'I'm the Heir of Light. I'm the Heir of Light. I'm the Heir of Light...'

[ooc-maintaining the spell]

userpay
2017-05-04, 12:04 AM
Even as he stands resolute in the face of Ophelia his ears droop a bit at the strange whispers in the air. After a moment though he stomps a hoof trying to drive it out of his mind. There've been plenty of opportunities for that to happen, it won't. They're my friends. Inching forward to be next to Dawn to ensure he can protect her at least should something happen.

Theoboldi
2017-05-04, 07:09 AM
Even in the face of a creature as frightening as this shadow monsters, Silver overcomes his fear in the same way he usually does. By drowning it out with nothing but pure anger. "SHUT UP!" he thinks to himself, hoping the monster hears his message. "Who cares what you think will happen later? Right now, I'm with my friends!"

Just barely, he holds himself from charging at the creature, knowing that Melaina's sister is somewhere in there. "Stand back, Melaina!" he shouts, quickly manoeuvring himself between the gorgon and her sister. "Who knows what this thing is trying to do." Hopefully, the angels will not hear any of this, wherever they are.

igordragonian
2017-05-04, 07:37 AM
Nobility shaking her head, trying to shake off the voice.
"I have responsibility! I dont have time to fear! I am the descendant of Commander Hurricane! Get away little voice!"

Nobility has opened her eyes, looking determined, her earrings dingled at the sudden movement.
She hurried to stand as well, between the monster and Melania, by Silver's side. Even taking a step forward.
.l
"Halt!" she said with an authoartive tone.
"I am Nobility, daughter of Captain Chivalary, offsrping of Genenral Winter and descendant of Commander Hurricane- and more than that I am the Seer Of Heart!"
she stomped and sprout her wings.

"I, alongside the chosen ones command you- leave Ophelia! Leave the sister of our ally!"
imagining it with maid uniform just made it creepier. Instead, Nobility reminded herself all the stories of her family.

Heart
[roll0]+3

Zelphas
2017-05-05, 10:41 PM
Curtain Call grins as the whispers sound around him. That's a pretty cool effect. I bet it's different for everyone else; this game is pretty awesome!

He stares down the darkness-shrouded naga-pony resolutely, the grin still on his face. "You heard our Seer," he exclaims, his voice suddenly ringing through the darkened hall. "You hold no power over us, shade. Leave the princess at once, and flee back whence you came; we will come to defeat you there as well."

Acting in Harmony with Nobility. Throwing Curtain Call's Royal Canterlot Voice into the mix as well for a +2 total to the check.

Derjuin
2017-05-06, 05:41 PM
Dawn & Brazen

Dawn is easily able to keep the spell going, her horn-light intensifying even as she concentrates on both the spell and her title. This reveals even more of Ophelia's twisted form, which spills onto the floor and walls like a contiguous slime. It seems that if this is actually her body, it can melt and flow like a giant blob of ink. Seeing Brazen's quick movement and the flick of his ears, Ophelia laughs a hacking laugh. "You are hearing the voices too... give in to it. Join us! Protect the Ark..."

The whisper returns, its voice grating and much more demanding... it sounds less like a silent whisper,
and more like a declaration. "All light ceases... only the dark is eternal."

The whisper returns, its voice sounding much more austere and concerned... "They are all the pawns of forces unseen... you must rid yourself of them."

Silver

At your words, Melaina holds herself back, but only just barely. "It'll try to infect you with that inky nasty darkness. Ophelia's isn't that strong, though. It's based on the darkness in the heart." Melaina actually manages a chuckle, shrugging her shoulders and crouching lower. "Ophelia's practically a saint. There's no way the shade's that strong."

The whisper returns, sounding much more condescending and cruel... "What can change the nature of a pony...? Perhaps when all that you know fades, you will learn..."

Curtain & Nobility

"Ophelia I am. I have simply seen a greater existence. A greater cause. You, too, will see it..." The inky shade raises up a hoof, which quickly slims out to a spike. "Protecting the Ark is worth every sacrifice." As she speaks, more of her face is covered in blackness, until she becomes nothing more than a dark mass.

The whisper returns, only from multiple directions... "You cannot escape your fear... not in this life... not in the next..."

The whisper returns... "There is no distinction between the real and the unreal... all places, all things have souls..."

"Yeah, right! Ophelia my tail," Melaina, meanwhile, spits back at the shadow. "I know my sister, and she wouldn't just change her mind like that."

Everyone

Optional media (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEbYdmrs4EA)

Suddenly, the shade shrieks in an absolutely unequine (and unserpentine) way and leaps forward, its spike-arm whipping around like a long tentacle, or a whip. The lash is long enough to strike almost everyone in the hallway, save for Cutie in the back.

"L-look out!!" The filly screeches from behind, though oddly her voice, too, is blotted out to your ears. The tentacle-whip slashes across the hallway, from wall to wall, with a sickly squishing sound.

Body checks!

Everyone is at risk for light physical harm from the shadow tentacle.

After that, you can post your reactions, and the actions you want to take in your next round.

userpay
2017-05-06, 05:53 PM
Body [roll0]

And whats to say I'm not? I'm hearing you after all aren't I? Brazen stands firm as the tentacle lashes about. Before moving to attempt a powerful buck at their foe.

Initial thought is to try and hit the tentacle while it's extended but if that's not feasible then go for the buck on Ophelia directly.
[roll1]
+1 for strong if relevant

igordragonian
2017-05-06, 06:03 PM
body check.
Oh my.
[roll0]+1

Nobility squeaked with terror, helplessly waving her wings, while trying to jump over the shadow tentacle thingy.
'It's not the real you! You wouldn't hurt your sister just to protect one stupid Ark!' she tried to argue, while clenching her teeth with fear.

'No. I can't let the fear to get me! My ancestors would be ashamed of me!' she has answered mentally

DigoDragon
2017-05-06, 07:03 PM
Dawn tries to dodge out of the way of the tentacle. Oh this is hard to do while concentrating on a spell!

Body [roll0] +1

"I won't stop this light! Let go of her you monster!"

(still concentrating on the light and moving ahead)

Theoboldi
2017-05-07, 04:14 AM
Silver quickly leans backwards, trying to contort his body just enough to not be hit by the tentacle. If he can avoid getting hit by sawblades inside a tiny box, he can avoid a tentacle in a huge hallway!....Right?

Assuming that my Stage Magic Stuff applies here. If not, just use the first two rolls and ignore it.

[roll0] + 1 (Body) + 1 (Job Proficiency) = 14

"You think if I lost faith, I'd seek comfort in you? How arrogant is that?! You can't extinguish the fire within me!"

Suddenly, he flaps his wings and shoots forward, joining Brazen in his assault.

"AND YOU CAN'T EXTINGUISH OPHELIA EITHER!"

He rams into the blackness as heavily as he can, his hooves outstretched. His aim is not just to damage the creature. Rather, he wants to push Ophelia right out of it.

Brazen would get a +2 to his action if possible.

If not, due to me attempting something slightly different from him, have a roll. Don't think that any of my proficiency applies here, but perhaps my special purpose does.

[roll1] + 1 (Body) = 7

Zelphas
2017-05-07, 11:07 PM
Curtain Call stumbles away from the tentacles of darkness, crying out in pain. That... hurt? That hurt! Video games don't actually-- Then the whisper came.

No distinction...?

Curtain Call begins to laugh. It's a low sound; quiet, almost breathless, like he's forcing the laugh out through clenched teeth. "Heh... heh heh... must be part of the immersion.... hee hee hee... that needs to get patched, though; no one wants to--pffhahaha--actually be hurt in a, in a game." He looks at the creature once again, his smile too wide. "Because, haha, that's all this is. A game."

In a blink, Curtain Calltakes to the air, bouncing at odd angles off of the walls and ceiling before careening directly at the place where Ophelia's face once was. "IT'S JUST A GAME!" he screams into her face, veering to one side at the last minute. He ends up upside down, his hooves touching the ceiling, quiet giggles still shaking his frame.

Acting in Harmony with Brazen by creating a distraction to catch Ophelia off-guard. +1 to his check.

Derjuin
2017-05-15, 02:56 PM
Through some miracle of circus-worthy acrobatics, each of you manage to leap, twist or tumble out of the way of the tentacle, save for Curtain Call, who takes a stinging lash to the cheek. Luckily, however, no blood is drawn, and it merely stings like all get-out. As he starts a mental breakdown, however, the ghastly blob of ink that once resembled Ophelia spits out a hideous, bubbling chuckle. "Yes...! Succumb to the ...-oof!"

With a slick parry-riposte of his hoof, Brazen catches the inkblob monster off-guard, shushing her in quick order. Silver's powerful thrust, meanwhile, punches a complete hole in the beast, the torn-off ink quickly vaporizing into black gas that dissipates into nothingness. When Curtain flips into where Ophelia's face used to be, the beast gurgles again and lashes out with a tentacle once again, but misses by a mile, instead striking against stone once again.

"Play your little game, then," it seethes, sounding completely unlike Ophelia now. "We'll see how that turns out for you...!"

Meanwhile, as Dawn approaches the monster and Nobility tries to talk to it, it shudders hard, and the tentacle it once was swinging around falls limply to its side, slowly contracting to a more hoof-life shape. It seems to calm down for a moment, and the ink starts to pull away from where Dawn's light falls on its body, revealing more and more of a body like Melaina's. Suddenly, the blackness forms its own mouth, separate from the gorgon's.

"Your little light won't stop all of us..." it spits at Dawn, before Melaina lurches forward, striking at the darkness with her hooves. "Get off of my sister! Get off, get off, GET OFF!" she screeches, pushing herself against the blob. With a sudden twitch and spasm, the darkness erupts and violently pushes away the assaulting gorgon, tendrils of ink flailing every which-way with another ear-splitting shriek. After that, however, it seems to hang in the air, barely moving, while parts of the inky blackness start to cover Ophelia back up. Melaina, meanwhile, holds herself up against a wall, her mane a tangled, wet mess and several bruises starting to form on her legs.

All of you made your Body checks, so only Curtain takes Fortitude damage from the tentacle attack:

[roll0] Fortitude damage to Curtain Call

However, the beastie has already taken this turn to deal with Melaina, so you all get to go.

DigoDragon
2017-05-15, 03:12 PM
Dawn Star

"I'll show you, you... inky meanie!" Dawn darts forward to impale the ink monster with her lit horn.

Attack thrust--[roll0]+1

igordragonian
2017-05-15, 03:21 PM
Nobility looked at horror at Curtain, and barked at him.
"Snap out of it, dork! We need you! Real or not- we depend on you!" She took a deep breath.
"And on me as well!" she galloped forward to bite the monster.'Nopony bully my dork friends beside me! HAM!"
She hoped nopony noticed she has closed her eyes, imagining it was a cake.

Heart if relevant- (motivating Curtain?)
[roll0]

bite
[roll1]
May I change it to harmony with Dawn?

Theoboldi
2017-05-16, 03:39 AM
"Curtain!" Silver shouts, shocked to see his friend go this crazy. "Come on, get ahold of yourself!"

Too worried about the colt, he immediately flies up to him, grabbing him by his shoulders. As he does, he undoes his cape with a quick flick of the wrist, before flining it through the air right next to Ophelia. Hoping ot distract the monster with it and making her waste her energy on it, he then attempts to drag Curtain out of the zone of immediate danger.

Body to make the falling cape look convincing?

[roll0] + 1 Body + 1 (Job Training) = 10

Zelphas
2017-05-16, 11:20 PM
Curtain Call stands on the ceiling, giggling fitfully, his eyes far too wide. He seems to hardly notice his companion's calls, only his ears flicking towards Nobility and Silver in turn as each speaks. When Silver releases his cape, Curtain Call eyes it immediately--then dives downwards, passing beneath the cape and bouncing once again off of the floor before rocketing upwards. "LET'S SEE HOW MANY HIT POINTS YOU HAVE!" he shrieks, his front hooves cleaving towards the space where the darkness seems connected to Ophelia's frame, bouncing off (or punching through) to land on the far wall, panting heavily. by pure serendipity, Curtain's makeshift attack strikes at almost exactly the same time as Dawn Star's punching horn.

Acting in Harmony with Dawn Star for a +1 to Digo's attack.

userpay
2017-05-17, 10:53 AM
Brazen glances this way and that, trying to keep track of where everyone is. All the while harassing the inky mass trying to keep it from interfering with Dawn's attack seeing as how the light seemed to do something to it.

Acting in Harmony with Dawn

Derjuin
2017-05-17, 09:30 PM
Your combined attack distracts the blob monster while Dawn brings the light, and as the filly approaches the darkness, it starts to push back against her... only to fold under the assault, and the light shredding the inky blackness into nothing. With a surge of magic, Dawn's spell erupts into a blinding flash for a moment, and a hideous screech followed by the sound of sizzling fills the air. For a moment, you all feel something as if tugging at your very soul, but then it is gone.

As the light dims and your vision returns, you find the ink monster gone, and in its place, a gorgon of lithe build - Ophelia - lying on the ground. She seems to be unharmed, and still breathing, but her eyes are closed. She could be asleep, or unconscious. While there are some natural shadows up ahead, it's much less intense as when the Ophelia-shade was haunting it - in fact, you can see a corner, and beyond that, the crisp-yet-faint glow of pale blue light.

"Did... did we win?" Cutie calls out, creeping forward on tip-hoofs. "I'm... I'm sorry, I just wasn't sure what to do." She looks up to Curtain and Melaina with wide eyes and upturned eyebrows.

"I think... I think the shade's gone... ugh." Melaina grunts, pushing herself up onto her tail, holding her left foreleg. "Dang, Ophelia. Didn't know you could hit that hard..." she mumbles with a low chuckle, forcing herself to her sister's side. While Melaina leans down and looks over her sister, you hear nothing else but silence coming from both ends of the hallway you're in - however, the walls closer to the pale blue light look shiny, perhaps as if slightly damp.

Well, with a series of checks and harmonies like THAT, I can't exactly say that the shade would survive!

Ophelia's Shade has been overcome!

XP will be awarded at the end of the current episodey thingy.

DigoDragon
2017-05-17, 09:54 PM
Dawn wobbles a bit once everything calms down. She pants a bit, looking around. "It's okay, Cutie... I have... seriously no idea what I'm doing."

igordragonian
2017-05-18, 01:14 AM
Nobility spat pieces of shadow.
"Yux. Remind. Me. Never. To. Bite. A. Shadowy. Thingys. Tfu." Nobikity grumbled.
Shd forced a smile to Cutie. "It was just ONE silly icky shadow monsters. Even dorks like them could handle it.'
She looked around, there were so much to say, so much to do...
She wanted to admire Dawn, she wanted to consule Curtain.
and more than anything she HAD to brush her teeth and tongue.

But... a leader had to know priorities. Not that she was a leader anymore, but she had a feeling what her mother would choose.
Wordless, she took bandages and yod(disenfection) fron her saddle bag, only hesitating for the slightest moment before choosing them over the tooth brush and the tooth paste.

She aporached Melania, with mixed feelings, avoiding her eyes. Just few hours ago, she tried to bully Melania, making the safety of Melania's family something negotiable.

How would she feel if somepony negotioated with her about Paladin Spirit's safety? How could she be.. so..
evil?
Yes. That the word. Nobility wasn't the right pony to help Melania, but it seems she was the only one, who could, with everypony else too shaken.
Nobility didn't even knew how could she do it.
"Hold still, Lady Melania" she said with flat offical tone, to avoid getting emotional, and started to treat her wounds.

Mind
[roll0]=5

Theoboldi
2017-05-18, 01:33 AM
Silver, with heavy breaths, comes to a stop after everything that has just transpired. That was actually pretty exhausting. Not just because of that horrible voice at the back of his head, but also because of.....well, Curtain. He lets his gaze wander over Dawn, still a little wobbly after her courageous attack, Nobility, showing expertise and actively caring for someone for once, Brazen, stoicly and quietly heroic as ever, and-

Curtain. With that horrible, maddened smile still on his face. "Hit points?" he mutters to himself. "Hit points?! How can you just treat her like a bag of hit points?!" At this point, his blood is seething, boiling, and he has had just about enough of seeing his rival in this sorry state.

"CURTAIN!" he shouts, giving his wings a flap before suddenly taking off, rushing right at the mad pegasus. "I KNOW THAT ISN'T YOU!!!"

He winds up his hoof as much as he can, and flies as quickly as his young wings are able. And then, he proceeds to punch Curtain in the face with all his might.

Assuming we're gonna let the punch happen without a roll? Or should I roll? :smalltongue:

[roll0] + 1 (Body) = 11

Well, at least it's a good roll.

Zelphas
2017-05-18, 10:58 PM
Curtain Call shivers slightly for a moment after the shadow disappears, his giggles subsiding. He stares at the space where the shadow was moments before, then turns back to the group, his smile once more back to normal. "All right! One shadow killed, one person saved," he says brightly. "I think we're doing--"

Curtain Call's head snaps heavily to one side as Silver Lining's hoof collides with it, and the young colt goes spinning down to the ground. He gets up slowly, the look on his face one of utter shock. "That... hurt too? But that means--th-that means--"

Abruptly, Curtain Call is bawling, his eyes far too wide in terror. "Oh no, no no no no no,
this c-can't be real, it c-can't be, I c-can't be here, I'm t-too w-w-worthless to save a-anyone, all I c-can do is act l-like a h-hero, I want to g-go home, oh no no no--"

Theoboldi
2017-05-19, 01:36 AM
"Curtain!"

Silver's shout once again rings through the air, as he grabs the now crying pegasus by his shoulders, forcing him to look him into the eyes.

"Stop saying that! That's not you, Curtain!

You're not worthless!"

He waits for Curtain to quiet down a little before continuing, his face full of anger and worry for his dearest rival.

"I know it's scary, Curtain. Being in this faraway world where nothing is right, and we can't trust anything. Where there's ponies left and right, willing to lie to you for their own gain, and you can't be sure even about your friends. Sometimes, I want to curl up and not go on at all." He glances over his shoulder for a moment, looking over at Dawn and Nobility. "But whenever I do that, somepony is there to belt me one and remind me of the fire that's burning inside of me.

Curtain, that same fire is burning inside of you, too! I've seen it in your eyes when you act, and I've seen it when we fought those monsters! It's that fire that makes you the only showpony who can be better than me! It's that fire that makes you act like a hero, even if you don't feel like one in your own head! Cause it doesn't matter if you're scared. If you act like a hero, you are a hero. And if you forget that, I'm gonna punch you even harder to remind you of it!"

With a weary, but clear smile, he says "Don't believe in what your fears tell you, Curtain. Believe in yourself. Have faith in the Curtain that I have faith in."

igordragonian
2017-05-19, 01:45 AM
Nobility was about to scold and yell at Silver- maybe even kick him- but, she strated to understand what was he doing...
but geez. He really is a show off dork.
While treating Melania. "You also stood up against me, and proved yourself stronger than me." Nobility added with a smile.
"And that probably the most impressive thing that anypony can do. Even saving 12 Equinias won't compare to THAT."
she added. "But both of you are super dorks. Just to let you know." she added with a grumble, blushing admiting her weakness and tried to return her attention to Melania.

DigoDragon
2017-05-19, 05:58 AM
"Okay, I'm not saying we shouldn't have this heartfelt moment here, guys," Dawn interrupts in a firm tone, "But could you keep your voice down before the angels hear you?"

userpay
2017-05-19, 11:18 AM
Brazen can't help but sigh in some relief as Curtain finally seems to get the idea that things weren't 'just a game'. "Hey, you've gotten this far haven't you? Don't you think that means you've got the potential?"

Derjuin
2017-05-21, 06:31 PM
"Ngh... thanks, uh, Nobility," Melaina says as you treat her wounds, wincing when you apply pressure to keep bandages on. "It looks like Ophelia's... ugh, safe enough. I'm gonna pull her back toward the well, so any angels don't find her." She reaches down and pulls on the limp body of her sister, slowly pulling her onto her own tail. Now that the two are side-by-side, you see that Ophelia is much thinner and shorter than Melaina, despite being older.

Cutie, meanwhile, gasps as Silver slugs - and then gives an inspirational speech to - Curtain.

"H-hey! We don't need to beat each other up!" She shouts, sounding more uncertain than anything - as if she's just trying to stop a fight. "Please? Let's save the punches for bad guys." She looks up to Silver with big, shimmering eyes.

"Heh... I thought it was kind of funny. And he's not hurt that bad, right?" Melaina says, glancing at Silver and Curtain for a moment, sizing them up. "I'll be back in a little bit. If you guys wanna keep going, just be careful, okay?"

igordragonian
2017-05-21, 06:43 PM
Nobility blushed when thanked by Melania.
"Shouldn't we try and awake her?" she said with concern,. "It's feel wrong leaving anypony behind..'

To Cutie she rolled her eyes
"Let colts being idiots. Don't you see they are having fun? Show off dorks. Don't pay your attention to them, you'l just encourage this behavior.' she said, patting her back

DigoDragon
2017-05-21, 07:34 PM
"Come on Cutie, Nobi; let's at least check ahead for any more dangers while the colts bond." Dawn moves on ahead, not too far, but scouts the passage way further for more dangers or maybe the light source?

Perception? [roll0]+2 Mind

igordragonian
2017-05-21, 10:48 PM
Nobility giggled. "You of all ponies, to think about a night filly out, at such moment?!" Nobility tried to sound scolding as she followed Dawn, and dragged Cutie Pie.
"You still have hope, Freckle Dork. Still have hope." she helped her looking around, and while doing so brushed her teeth.

(Acting in harmony if possible.
Wing pony,
so+2)

Theoboldi
2017-05-22, 01:42 AM
"I think in this case-" Silver says to Cutie Pie with a smirk. "-I absolutely did need to beat him up."

He reaches out a hoof to Curtain, helping the colt back onto his hooves.

"Or at least slug him one. Cause if you see somepony you care about destroying themselves, you can't stand by and let it happen."

After that, he waits for Curtain to reply, and for Dawn and Nobility to finish their scouting act. It should be safe now that they've freed Ophelia.

userpay
2017-05-22, 11:10 AM
"It's jarring in more ways than one, but sometimes it's what you need." Brazen opts to try and stay between the two parties until they rejoin, ready to run one way or the other as needed.

Zelphas
2017-05-22, 09:13 PM
Curtain Call listens to Silver Lining, dumbfounded. A fire... burning inside me? what is he talking about? He starts to shake his head, but flinches back in case Silver hits him or shakes him again.

Look at all of them, scouting ahead, worrying about you in the middle of this strange place. They're all doing their best, and what are you doing? a poisonous little voice in the back of his mind whispers. Playing make-believe, and crying when someone messes up your little fake world. Pathetic.

Curtain Call sniffs, rubbing one hoof under his nose. S-so, this isn't a game, but acting like a game character seemed to be working, he thinks, blinking his eyes rapidly to clear them. M-maybe I should keep trying that--b-but be more careful, now.

He finally looks up at Silver. "O-okay, I'll--I'll try," he manages. His mouth twitches in an attempt at a smile, but doesn't quite make it there.

Theoboldi
2017-05-23, 01:50 AM
Silver indeed reaches out a hoof towards Curtain at this answer, but only to pick up the colt and help him off the ground.

"You won't try, Curtain. You'll succeed." he says, getting ready for Melaina's return.

"If didn't know you had it in you, I wouldn't consider you my rival."

PLOT TWEEST

One that has been planned out for ages, but still. Figured the moment felt right for it. If you think this is just gonna crush Curtain again, however, I'll remove it. Cause I seriously do not want that happen.

Derjuin
2017-05-24, 06:17 PM
Dawn & Nobility

Cutie trots quickly to catch up with you, but follows at the rear, keeping an eye over her shoulder. "I hope the colts will be okay..."

Following the darkened hallway, you come to a corner heading off to the right. A pale blue light falls over you as you peer around the corner, and another hallway - much as the one you're standing in - extends before you. Its walls, however, are covered in moisture, moss, and some kind of black film, possibly mold. On the ground there are grooves carved in the floor filled with slicks of water, some of it contaminated with a black, cloudy substance.

Further down the hall, you see a part of the wall broken down with rounded stones scattered beyond the break. The break seems to be the source of the pale light, and you hear what sounds like a waterfall beyond it. Even further down the hall, you see another corner, more darkness, and a soft golden glow.

Silver, Brazen & Curtain

Melaina slowly leaves you, half-dragging and half-carrying her unconscious sister with her. Thankfully, her exit doesn't seem to attract any unwanted attention, and after several moments, she manages to pull Ophelia into the storage room. After several minutes, she returns, slithering along the floor and breathing heavily.

"Not used to having to drag like, half my body weight... phew." She coils up as she nears your party, taking a seat on herself. "Gimme like... a few minutes to catch my breath, yeah?"

DigoDragon
2017-05-24, 06:21 PM
Dawn smirks at Nobility. "Hope huh? Guess that's something, coming from you."

She creeps slowly over to the pale blue light at the wall break. "Colts will be fine. They're crazy and like to fight n stuff." Dawn looks into the break. to find the light source.

~

Perception? [roll0]+2

igordragonian
2017-05-24, 06:44 PM
Nobility on the other hoof, crawled to check the golden light.

Perception?

[roll0]

Zelphas
2017-05-26, 12:12 PM
"R-rival?" Curtain Call blinks in surprise at Silver.

Then a few moments later, he smiles. "All right, rival i-it is." He nods to Melaina as she returns, looking ahead for the others. His head is still hunched down and his wings are held close to his body, but his neck is a little straighter.

Theoboldi
2017-05-26, 04:06 PM
Silver looks after Curtain as he walks away, eventually nudging his head slightly towards Brazen.

"Do you think he'll be okay, after all of this?" he asks the other colt, only loud enough for the Gorgon to overhear.

Afterwards, he waits for Melaina to catch her breath and for Brazen to respond, ready to head deeper into the ruins.

Derjuin
2017-05-28, 05:35 PM
Dawn

Investigating the hole in the wall, you find it to be much larger than the previous one you used to enter the temple. The debris from whatever made the hole is on the temple side, possibly indicating that whatever made the cave system beyond broke into the temple. Into the hole, you see a smooth rocky path extending into a huge cavern, with an enormous column of water tumbling down into depths below; the sound of water falling is still faint, though, and coming from somewhere far below you.

The blue light seems to be coming from the waterfall itself, with the rest of the cave painted in the same pale blue light. On the walls you see spots of the black, inky darkness, though it only appears to be in places where the blue light isn't touching - in crevasses in the wall and pits in the floor.

Around the circular path ahead that surrounds the waterfall, you see pieces of gold-colored metal, looking a lot like the scraps you found earlier in the storage room.

"This feels like the right way to go," Cutie says suddenly, appearing next to you without so much as a shuffle or clip-clop of her hooves. "I don't think the angels were expecting anyone to come in the back way."

Nobility

As you creep down the hall, the golden glimmer grows closer, and you notice that the pictographs on the walls shift from images of a dark alicorn to ones of both once again; around the corner, you see a large door set with gilt-leaf images of suns with a large painting in the center of it, depicting a pale pink alicorn surrounded by a golden halo. A pair of gently-flickering flames, the source of the golden glow, are set in ornate lanterns hanging from either side of the door; this may be the Reliquary the angels mentioned guarding.

Brazen, Curtain & Silver

"Wonder... what the fillies found, huh? Kinda hope Nobility didn't find trouble. She seems like the kind of pony that'd happen to a lot..." Melaina says, watching the corner of the hall intently, watching the shadow of Dawn flicker and wobble on the floor in the blue light. "Let's go see, eh?"

DigoDragon
2017-05-28, 05:40 PM
round the circular path ahead that surrounds the waterfall, you see pieces of gold-colored metal, looking a lot like the scraps you found earlier in the storage room.

"This feels like the right way to go," Cutie says suddenly, appearing next to you without so much as a shuffle or clip-clop of her hooves. "I don't think the angels were expecting anyone to come in the back way."

"Yeah, seems like it. Let's tell the others." Dawn backs out of the hole to wave at everyone.

igordragonian
2017-05-28, 05:51 PM
Nobility gasp, and turned back waving to Dawn. "Hey! Freckle Dork! Cutie Pie! I think I have found where Celestia is locked!"

DigoDragon
2017-05-28, 06:00 PM
Nobility gasp, and turned back waving to Dawn. "Hey! Freckle Dork! Cutie Pie! I think I have found where Celestia is locked!"

"You did? I dunno, I saw this odd thing in a cave I think it looks significant."

igordragonian
2017-05-28, 06:02 PM
"There is a drawing of an alicorn and some fire... and it's golden. I am not a bored detective dork, but..' Nobility sighed
"What did YOU find?"

DigoDragon
2017-05-28, 06:30 PM
Dawn tries to describe. "A circular path that surrounds the waterfall, with pieces of gold-colored metal, like the scraps we saw earlier in the storage room. Cutie thinks it might be the right way too. Like, would the angels hide Celestia in an obvious place or some dark corner?"

igordragonian
2017-05-28, 06:33 PM
"Maybe it's part of the spell which caging her? And beside, maybe the angels have a sense of style!"

Theoboldi
2017-05-29, 01:37 AM
"Wonder... what the fillies found, huh? Kinda hope Nobility didn't find trouble. She seems like the kind of pony that'd happen to a lot..." Melaina says, watching the corner of the hall intently, watching the shadow of Dawn flicker and wobble on the floor in the blue light. "Let's go see, eh?"

"You have no idea..." Silver says as a comment on Nobility, already heading after the fillies.

He arrives just in time to overhear the latter half of their conversation, able to understand the general gist of it. "Im not sure." he says to Dawn and Cutie. "It looks more like something broke into the temple from that direction. How come you think it's the right direction, Cutie?"

After he has gotten his answer, he will sneak around the corner to the gilded door, taking a look at it himself. Putting his ears against it, he attempts to listen if there's anything on the other side.

[roll0] + 1 Mind

Of all the things to waste a critical success on.... :smallsigh: